A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

checking/unchecking options - frustrated

Posted: Mar 04, 2011

Undecided Is it just me, or does it seem like every time I have audio highlighted and the one below it checked under Tools/Options, that I have to go back in and uncheck them because some dictator is putting things out of order.  I give up!  I guess I'll just have to leave them unchecked.  Anyone come up with an easier solution?  I can't think of any.

Little things are irritating me tonight. ...

Audio highlight - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
K find myself having to uncheck the audio highlight if I leave either a skip marker or blank early in a report. Every time I step on the foot pedal, it boots me to strange places in the report.

Similar Messages:

PT'ers Have No NJA Options
Nov 28, 2014

So, being a PT'er, I have to stick around the whole shift waiting for jobs?  There is no option for PT'ers as we do not accumulate paid time off.  This is pretty crummy and really unfair.  If I am expected to sit here for 8 hours doing nothing, I should get paid something for my time. ...

Job Options Besides MT And Coding?
Jul 12, 2010

If, as many indicate here, MT and coding are not the way to go, then what would be a good option for a job in the healthcare field? ...

E-mail Options
Jun 18, 2012

Within the next couple weeks, MModel will be upgrading DQS in my region, so I finally was able to buy a brand new computer with Win7, rather than refurbs with Win XP.  Until they "flip the switch," I'm still using my old computer, but did get a new laptop and have been exploring Win7. I've discovered that Outlook Express is now defunct!  What email programs is everyone using.  I'm not crazy about Gmail or Yahoo.    ...

A New Company & Options For Spellchecker
Jun 29, 2010

I started with a new company and I did not have spellcheck, so I ordered it and it was quite expensive for the 2010 one. Now I found out that when I am in their program they are using their own. This has really ticked me off because I was TOLD that I needed to download a spellchecker and now I cannot send it back because I have downloaded it. Is there anyway that I can use this spellchecker instead of theirs? Any feedback will be appreciated. ;) ...

Health Insurance Options Available Now To Anyone
Jan 30, 2011

To those of you who desperately need insurance now, here is a great place to look for temporary insurance.  If you eventually find out that COBRA is not going to happen or LM jerks you around so long you miss the deadline, you can still qualify for Uninsurable Risk insurance depending on the State you live in.  Some of these plans may even be cheaper than COBRA, which is something you might want to look into.   It is definitely worth your time to check this out instead of just wa ...

Need Advice On Career Options
Jul 29, 2011

I have been an MT for 12 years.  When I first entered it was GREAT!!!  My pay has decreased so much during the years and it seems like the work is less and less.  I am a hard worker and I am tired of fighting to survive.  I am thinking about different career options and would like to go back to school.  My top two picks are physical therapy assistant or radiology technologist.  Both are a 2-year degree.  However, they are hard to get into, long waiting lists, ...

Office365 Email Options
Apr 04, 2015

Was snooping through the options. Under the 2nd options on the drop-down list, the "reply option" default is "reply all." I changed mine to no, just to be on the safe side. Under "layout" is where you can set up your signature block.  ...

Opinions/options For Headset
Jun 27, 2015

My headset is worn out has wires showing (again).  I have taped it numerous times, but this last time the sound quality is not good.  I have been trying unsuccessfully to replace because I have really tiny ears and the ones advertised as "designed to fit all ears" usually end up falling out anyway and back they go for a refund.  I would just replace the cord if it didn't cost as much as a whole new set.  Tried the ones for children, but the sound quality is not good eno ...

Looking For Career Options, Exploring Coding
Jul 11, 2011

I walked into my community college and asked an advisor to give me a list of choices of careers I could study locally that would be quick. My sole purpose is to re-enter the working world as fast as possible. Medical Billing / Coding was one of the options. A friend reffered this site to me in response to an MT oportunity and, as if my prayers were answered, I noticed the Coding / Billing forum which has answered many questions. However, I have more, I always do. How d ...

If One Is Not Meeting Production Requirements, What Are My Options And Theirs?
Sep 06, 2013

N/A ...

Advice On Andrews School Tuition Options.
Sep 04, 2012

Hi. I am very interested in attending Andrews school for coding. The only problem is I may not be able to pay in full at the time of enrollment. Has anyone done the payment option and if so how did it work for you? Thanks. ...

New To This Board Learning About MT Looking At Options As A Career Alternative
Dec 28, 2012

Good morning or afternoon everyone    As I have run through a list of companies that hire medical transcriptionists I found on the website Rat Race Rebellion (a work at home website) I was directed to this forum and I must say it is a wealth of information so I am glad I have found it ! I am in Kentucky and graduated with an Associates degree last year in medical billing and coding hoping that would give me a leg up on my resume aside from my experience just in healthcare insurance ...

Just Checking..
Jan 17, 2010

Do you cap the C in C-section? ...

Just Checking...
Apr 19, 2010

I was just checking to see if q.a.m. is an acceptable abbreviation.  I know that q.d. isn't, but other than that one, there are very few listed in my reference text.  Is there anywhere online that I can find a general idea of which ones are consistently not allowed? Thanks! ...

Just Checking Prices
Aug 10, 2010

I just wanted to compare prices with other MTs that are using similar services.... My FTP site - $25 monthly  (up to 5 users) Digital Dictation System - I pay $0.17 per minute for telephone dictation and $0.10 per minute for imported dictation (from hand-held recorders). The recorders are $299 each (Olympus 2400) with a $150 one-time set-up fee.  I am interested in cutting costs if any other MT has a less expensive system they could refer me to.   Thanks!     ...

Are We Checking QC's Work?
Sep 08, 2013

Are we double checking QCs work by going into Fiesa and looking through what they have QC'd?  Is it a means of checking the work to make sure it goes to the clients nearly perfect? This crossed my mind before, but just not asked. ...

Checking FIESA
Jul 03, 2014

Today my TSM sent out a list of people who have to check their FIESA scores.  She used their names instead of their HR numbers.  This really bothers me and I can only imagine the people mentioned feel, well, like crap.  Oh, and she congratulated us for bringing our FIESA scores up to 94%.  Well who would after being bombarded with emails about that.  ...

Moving To No Mans Land Aka Paradise.. Internet Options Suggestions Needed!
Oct 21, 2010

I am only able to find a privately owned local phone company in this small town to offer Internet, through the phone, requires a landline (which I really did not need). Pricing: $100.  For 750 min long distance, call waiting, caller ID, DSL - 3MB.  VERY expensive just for internet and phone line!Insane...ALL calls ANYWHERE except within just two small communities within 5 miles of our new house are long distance!  So, we will be using our cell phones for all calls. There are no ot ...

Spellcheck Not Checking CAPS
Feb 23, 2010

My spellchecker is not checking for words in all caps, such as in headings.  I have Windows XP and Word.  Does anyone know where I am supposed to look to find and correct this?  I know this probably sounds dumb to you smart MTs out there, but I really just don't know where to look and how to fix this.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. ...

2010 W2 Still Through ADP? Making Sure I'm Checking The
Jan 19, 2011

nm ...

Why Are We Not Checking Out Companies That Don't Outsource?
Jan 25, 2011

there are jobs over there on the job seekers board that say no outsourcing, US only.  we are unhappy here.  are those companies bad too? ...

The Sclerae Were/was White? (just Checking)
Feb 23, 2011

. ...

Ultipro - Checking Pay Stubs
Oct 20, 2011

Would anyone happen to know who we contact when my password is locked out?  I have tried answering my security questions and it will not allow me to continue.  I wasn't sure if I need to put a QCare ticket or is there someone else to contact to get it reset. Thank you. ...

Softscript, Always Seeing Ad For Them, Thinking Of Checking Them Out
Jan 10, 2012

etc.  TIA ...

Checking Line Count In DQM
Jun 03, 2012

Anyone having trouble checking line count.  Can't get the pulldowns to work.  ...

Checking For Workload In Accounts On DEP?
Jul 31, 2012

My account just went to Docqscribe today. I had training way back in March. I thought there was a way to look and see how much work was available in an account. I can't seem to find a way to do that. Maybe I was just dreaming.....?  Since it is after hours for anybody in charge, I thought I would ask here. ...

How Many Reports Gets QA'd When Checking Your Work?
Aug 15, 2012

BAck in the day it used to just be 3 reports that they check..... guess they changed that huh?   ...

Checking Check Stubs In ADP Self-Service?
Jul 05, 2012

I'm sure there is probably a way to look at check stubs, W2s, etc. on the Transcend/Nuance web site but I don't know how to do it.  I tried to use ADP self-service.  But, it is asking for some registration code that I don't have.  I was given a 5-digit employee number but it doesn't want to accept that.  I'm a new employee.  If anyone can answer on this I'd appreciate it.   ...

I Was Warned Of A Potential Bad Employer By Checking
Apr 30, 2013

this forum and I backed out because I had to purchase software and would be "micromanaged" too closely. I found myself on the offensive and caught the recruiter off guard because I told him I had no money to buy software because MTs are so poor. It was beautiful just to hear his jaw drop! I felt tremendous just to boycott this industry in my own way. ...

Make Sure You Are Checking Your Junk Folders Too
Mar 19, 2014

fingers crossed for word tomorrow!! ...