A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MM wants me back - mouse

Posted: Sep 17, 2012

ok so after 13 years, having to resort to food stamps and borrowing money to make my rent, I leave MM approx 2-1/2 months ago to to type for 2 docs and 2 PAs in a private practice at $15/hr, no weekends, no holidays, beautiful office building, 1 hour lunch...and I get a call asking if I would consider coming back to MM ... AND I wouldn't even have to test for them!. ha....ha ha....ha ha ha....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

keep laughing... - good for you

[ In Reply To ..]
Glad you are doing well and they didnt get you back!

keep laughing... - mouse

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks! It was 2 years in the making but well worth the wait!

I was so miserable - mouse twin

[ In Reply To ..]
my poor husband prayed for TWO solid years for me a better job. I totally understand. Money aside, my whole life is changed, my family is happier. My daughter misses me being at home, but she certainly doesn't want me to go back to MM.

I got the same call - MTgrandma

[ In Reply To ..]
I left MM in July for a smaller, local company with straight transcription who treats their employees very well. I didn't even wait for the end of the canned call...I just hung up. How pathetic, if MM would just wake up and smell the coffee and give their employees back some the stuff they've taken away in the last couple of years...they would be able to keep good employees.

call back.... - mouse

[ In Reply To ..]
amen hun I so totally agree with you! I also do straight typing - no more ASR. No more being "mentored" on what kind of worker I need to be or how I need to be mouseless. I do my job, I do it well, my boss(es) are totally happy with me. It is Mmodal's loss. Not mine.

Me too! - mouse twin

[ In Reply To ..]
Mine is 3 docs and 3 PA's and $17 per hour. MM called this summer several times. No thanks!!!! Good luck to you also. Everybody keep looking. These jobs are STILl out there apparently. We found 'em.

MM wants me back - greyhound mom

[ In Reply To ..]
You should reply back to them that you will come back only if they pay you $15 an hours, no weekends, no holidays, 1 hour lunch and whatever other benefits you have. That would really knock them off their chairs.

I wonder what they would say to that.

This tells me they are desperate for MTs. Would probly take a lot - to actually get fired now. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
??

I guess they really don't want me sm - ex-MQer

[ In Reply To ..]
I quit/resigned so they say about 2-1/2 months ago but have received no call back. Oh well, I am not upset at all!

I quit, too, and also got a call. sm - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
Back in the spring, I quit working for a couple weeks and nobody ever said anything! Got bored, so started working again. Worked about a month and one day I realized that as hard as I was working that day, I was making less than minimum wage and right then I just stopped in the middle of my shift and never went back. About a month later I got a letter saying I was "terminated." I applied for unemployment and wrote a lengthy letter explaining how I was screwed over by MedQuist and then MModal, and I got approved for the unemployment! Got a call on my voicemail the other day saying they want me back and they have a program where former employees can be expedited back into the system. Not me! Not me. I'm done with this company for good!

They don't want me back - either

[ In Reply To ..]
They cut my pay so much they would have to offer me a whole lot of money to come back which they aren't going to do. I would NEVER work for those crooks again anyway. Not bragging or anything but they lost another good one here, too. I moved on to something much better than that place.
I am so happy for all of you who left - and found better!
[ In Reply To ..]
That is so awesome. I am waiting for my awesome still...
We are hoping for you also. Take classes, - network, watch
[ In Reply To ..]
newspapers and websites for jobs and then APPLY!!! I had more than a few interviews before I got this job. I was getting more and more depressed when everything I applied for never panned out. Keep on trying. You just never know. Also consider jobs not in transcription or not completely in transcription. A lot of office/clinic jobs don't pay too badly at all now -- more than I was making for M-Modal before I left.
Thank you, and I will!!! - and found better!
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been applying for a lot of office jobs but I think I need to take a few classes, I have been doing this for 17 years... need some office skills.

I will make it out, you watch me! :)
I Did that... - Tired MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I left the place, went to a nicer MT place, only to be bought out by this place again. With no (zero) notice. So, I got stuck with it. My point is, just because you're working for a nicer transcription agency (assuming you are still doing MT), it doesn't mean you won't be working here again before you can blink an eye.

I received a recorded call from them, as well. nm - jointheclub

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Same call - wanted?

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually twice, by same idiot, who couldn't remember she talked to me before. First time offered no testing, 10% raise, choose my region, signing bonus...so I said okay have HR get me situated. So then she calls back a couple days later and says she couldn't find my phone number or e-mail (in spite of this being the second time she called me)and she'd like to send me a testing invite. When I said ,that's not what you said the first time, her reply was couldn't I just do it to make things easier (for her). You know we have a reputation for being difficult to work with so of course I said no way, all the info is in your computer -- look at it. So now the question is does she dislike me enough to pass on making money off bringing me back. The fun part is, I really couldn't care less. I will come back for a raise and a bonus, or I'll stay put...you know the song about "meet the new boss, just like the old boss...." that's reality baby, LOL.

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Back To Work After Back Surgery
Aug 23, 2012

Hello, I would like to transcribe from home again. However, I HAVE to get up and walk for a few minutes at least once an hour. You see, I had to have 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. I've been a transcriptionist for many years and this is my profession. Does anyone have a suggestion what to tell these companies that will hire you to work from home when you have to get up so much? The last company I tried had a "pop-up" box that appeared on my screen if you were up longer than 10 min ...

Dang It - DQS Back Up But My Job Did Not Come Back To Me.
Mar 31, 2011

. ...

I'm Back...I'm Back In The Saddle Again!!!!
Jul 02, 2014

Back to being an MT, and yes, I am excited about that. ...

Well, Back To NJA Again..
Oct 27, 2009

Oh dear, here it goes again. ...NJA and a whole week to go on this pay period.  Due to my sickness I had to take off my 3a-5a shift, but now cannot get work to make up.   I long ago used up all my PTO.   Arrgggghhh.  Arggghhhh.   Argghhhh.  Argghhh.  I am practicing my pirate sounds for Halloween.  I've already got the screaming banshee routine down so much I have nothing but low growly voice left. ...

I Wonder If They'd Take Me Back.
Jun 22, 2011

I quit last July because they couldn't keep me "transcriptioning," sent my resignation to my supervisor, and then received a letter in October stating that I was terminated.   Loved it!  And I'm thinking of reapplying.  Ought to be an interesting experience.. lol..  just love it!  I don't have anything else to do, and what other company would let you not work for 3 months before they terminated you?   Did I mention how much I love this ...

I Got Back Into DQS
Nov 04, 2010

I just got back in so maybe problem is fixed?! ...

Getting Back In To MT
Dec 06, 2010

Thanks so much for any advice! I am newly divorced and working at a call center, and I have an MT certificate from Everett Community College, and even though I have lost 1/2 of my stuff thanks to my ex, I seem to have held on to my foot pedal, software, and that is about it. I would like to start over and try to find an MT job. I had an excellent GPA in school but have never worked. I graduated in 2007. Am I crazy to try? I figure it is now or never, anyway. If someone here is optimistic enough ...

Getting Back Into The Biz
Mar 15, 2011

Hi all, I'm getting back into editing after a 5-year hiatus.  I'm being offered .06 cpl at this time.  Back in the day, it was an hourly wage I made.. so, am trying to figure out what it's going to take volume wise to make a decent paycheck.  Anyone have any suggestions for me?  Thanks, I appreciate this site  and your input very much! ...

DQS Back Up For Me...nm
Jun 11, 2012

nm ...

Anyone Back In Yet?
Oct 31, 2012

Just wanna take a nap. ...

Im Back Up
Nov 26, 2012

:) ...

Looking To Get Back Into MT???
Dec 15, 2012

I worked in medical transcription for about 3 years, but it has been about 3 years since I have done it. I really need to get back into it due to the fact my family needs the extra income. I cannot work outside the home because my daughter has special needs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. ...

Is Anyone Else Back In?
Nov 11, 2013

Everything (for me) seems to be uploading/downloading OK.  Light is still red though.  ...

BACK AND FORTH!!!!!!
Mar 12, 2014

Since the announcement of MModal bankruptcy, I have had such mixed feelings.  First of all, I have just begun my 17th year with this company.  I have been through many TSMs or whatever they are now.  I have only had 1 that was totally unreasonable which I guess is pretty fortunate.  Like everyone else, I make about half the money I used to with this company.  I am a tier 3 MT and have been since the beginning.  I have 30 years of MT experience, have a degree in heal ...

I Want To Go Back To My Old Job
Mar 25, 2014

I left in good standing I think! Two week notice, exit interview, good words about company, etc. ...

Wish I Had My Old MT Job Back...
Jun 29, 2014

I am still at M*Modal but have a different position which I thought was going to be a promotion, but I am not as enthused about it as I first was. Is it possible to go back to being an MT (since I am already an employee) even though there is a hiring freeze? How could I ask anonymously? ...

OK Now Back Up!
Sep 25, 2014

x ...

Has Anyone Been Able To Get Back In Yet?
Oct 01, 2014

. ...

Is Everyone Back In Now?
Oct 01, 2014

x ...

Anybody Back In Yet?
Nov 12, 2014

nm ...

Anybody Back Down?
Nov 27, 2014

can't log into server ...

It's Like Still Being Back In The 80's
Jun 08, 2015

We're in the digital age now, with crisp, clear sound transmission available, not having to use scratchy cassett tapes, so why are we still getting reports so fuzzy, you can't even make out whats's being said?  Every day.  Every single day they come through.  You can tell the dictator himself was clear when he spoke, yet it shounds like he's talking through a garden hose or under water when we get it.  Then WE'RE criticized and marked off if the repor ...

Who Has Come Back To MQ And Glad They Did.
Oct 11, 2009

I am getting my foot back in the water on a PT basis.  Have tried about 4 other companies out there and didn't find a better fit yet. I know all companies have good and bad, but all the changes MQ made that enticed me to leave are now being instituted by other companies too.  It is like MQ was the leader of the pack and they all thought --- Hummm, if they can, so can we. ...

I'm Back With More ?? For Escription
Nov 12, 2009

I have now been doing EditScript for a month now and my lines are still horrific. I've read the manual over and over and still have the below questions. I'm only doing 1/4 of what I used to do and it hurts. 1.  I have to minimize and maximize my screen to see more than 10-14 lines. Anyone else have this problem? I think it has something to do with the header because if I change something in the header, I have to minimize and maximize again. 2.  I follow the red bo ...

NJA SA2 Trying To Get Back-up Acct...am I The Only One?nm
Nov 17, 2009

nm ...

Back Pain
Dec 08, 2009

This patient is in for groin pain, diagnosis of hip early degenerative arthritis, DR states in HPI that she has a "history of s/l shark lordosis" Under PE he states she has "no sensory deficits of lower extremity except for baseline s/l stockings of glove distribution secondary to her s/l shark-loida peripheral neuropathy." I know that makes no sense but this DR sounds like he had a long night last night and may still have some substances running through his system.  LOL He is usually ver ...

Someone Said The Backlog Is Back
Jan 07, 2010

If so, how the heck do you access it? I have tried every combination of password/region # until my fingers are blue.  TIA ...

Is 40 Too Old To Go Back To School?
Feb 02, 2010

Being an MT is not paying my bills.  I am thinking about going back to school, but I am 40 and it has been so long since I was in high school.  I have to google to help my son with his 4th grade homework let alone do college math. AND it will be 2 to 4 years before I will get a good job.  I am leaning towards radiology tech, lab tech, or maybe nursing.  Can't  decide just yet but I know that EMR isn't going to be taking those jobs away!!!  Any advice ...

To Those Back In School
Mar 01, 2010

How are you adjusting?  Today is my first day and I want to pull my hair out, lol!  I know I need to give myself a chance to adjust, but i'm the type I want to learn quickly so I don't stress over it or feel incompetent.  I'm just rusty I guess, I hope I get into the groove of things, maybe get to the point where I enjoy it.  Just wondering how you all are doing with the school or profession change.  I've been an MT so long I feel like i'm c ...