A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wave files player - exwebbie

Posted: Sep 02, 2010

Can someone point me in the direction of a very simple, easy to download and use, free voice wave player for transcribing test documents. Unfortunately I was one of the reduction in force letter recipients at Webmedx and now must do some testing.  Thanks for the help and all the support we have received on this board, it is nice to be a part of such a supportive group.

Express Scribe - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
is free and is what I use for testing DSS files and wav files. I also at one point used this program at an in-house position. It is esay to use.

thank you - exwebbie

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Wave Files/C Phone
Mar 28, 2010

Hi: I don't mean to be stupid, but I am in the same boat a lot of you are and I can't t take this anymore. I started applying at other places but I have never worked for a co. that didn't supply me with all computer equip.  I have a newer Dell computer and I think it meets all the requirements most places are asking for and I have Word Perfect not MS Word.  I have a USB foot pedal.  I think I am ready to go for some places, but can someone briefly educate me on ...

Tapes To Wave Files
Jan 18, 2011

I'm trying to find equipment/info that will convert microcassettes and mini cassettes to voice files.  I found a company called Martel Electronics and they have exactly what I'm looking for but when you click on it to buy the equipment it skips over and goes to like a home page.   I need something that will duplicate the tapes in speed recording time and not minute for minute or it will take me forever to convert.   Any help would be appreciated.  TIA ...

Transferring Microcassettes To Wave Files
Oct 31, 2009

Anyone out there know of a way to transfer dictated info on microcassettes to wave files?   Thanks In Advance. ...

Doc Wary Of Going From Tapes To Wave Files..sm
May 04, 2010

I am moving and want to keep the local doctor I type for by utilizing my WAV pedal and software.  However, when I approached the doctor about this, she was wary of having me be hundreds of miles away and typing for her.  She doesn't mind the format because she had a previous transcriptionist use it, but she was "local."  Does anyone have any suggestions or comments to help me out with this?  Thanks in advance.  Anything would be appreciated. ...

Dragon And Wave Files And I Can't Get It To Work.
Aug 07, 2010

I had a stroke five years ago and started using Dragon to transcribe after having done transcription for 30 years by typing.  It works okay with Dictaphone, but I am at a loss as to how to make it work with wave files that come over the internet.  As almost everything is done this way now, does anyone know if it is possible to use two sound cards, one for dragon and one for wave files or if there is some way I can make this work so that I can still work?  Dragon can be a nightmare ...

Media Player Won't Play .wav Files
May 22, 2012

My media player stopped playing .wav files and now I cannot test with anyone because I cannot get it to work on either my XP computer or my Windows 7 computer.  I googled it and it seems like a lot of people are having the same problems but I cannot fix mine.  Anyone else have/had this problem? ...

Help! Audio Player That Can Play Dss, Wav, Mp3 Files
Jul 20, 2012

Ok, I'm a new at-home transcriptionist after working inhouse for years, and I am starting a new job soon but I'm confused.  I was told I need an audio player that plays dss, wav, mp3 files.  Can the free version of Express Scribe do this, or do I need the Pro version?  Are there any other free audio players I can download?  Sorry if this is a stupid question!   ...

Olympus DSS Standard Player V1.0 To Play Ds2 Files
Dec 31, 2010

I am typing ds2 files and am using the above player which the olympus representative said was created to play ds2 files.  however, I have tried taken the file from the place it was sent to me and it seemed to import into Folder A.  But the file never could be seen in Folder A or the transcriptionist Tray.  I did this many many many times with the same result.  The Olympus rep told me to go to the message folder and copy and paste it into Folder A.  I then could see it in ...

Gear Player Wont Convert Files?
May 24, 2013

Hey guys, I'm so frustrated because for some reason my Gear Player will not play my files. This is the second time this has happened. I don't know what I did the first time to make it work, it just sort of happened. When I get work, the files will automatically go into Gear Player, but then when I try to load to file it says "Converting File" and then it just never loads. It doesn't make any sense because it happens to files that I've already played too so I know they should ...

Doctor Going From Tapes To Wave Files--what Software Is Easy To Install, Easy To Use And Inexpensive
Apr 29, 2010

Do I have to buy the dictation equipment or the doctor?  Can I use the software with moer than one client?  We are moving and this is key to keeping my job.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks so much in advance for all help! ...

Anyone Know How To Convert .spf Files (ShortHand) To .txt Files For Autocorrect?
Sep 20, 2012

Thanks in advance!!! ...

Is It STT Changes, STT-wave Changes, ST And T Wave Changes?
Jan 10, 2013

This has always confused me.  Thanks for the help. ...

Ready For Another Wave Of . . . .
Mar 06, 2010

Ok, so we DO NOT get paid for reading through our QA feedback, we are getting our line counts cut, and we do not get paid for looking up old reports to cut down on QA?  Something tells me the wind is shfiting and it is ain't smelling too ripe.  Batten down the hatches ladies and gents, thar she BLOWS!!!! ...

Transcription Wave
Mar 14, 2013

Anybody out there work for or know about Transcription Wave? They advertise their transcription service beginning at $69 per audio hour and it seems like they mostly offer legal transcription. Why are they recruiting on a medical transcription site? Any clues? Thanks. ...

EKG . . . . Late R Wave Transition
Jan 22, 2010

"Baseline EKG shows . . . . late R wave transition?" ...

New Wave Of Pay/training, Becoming Standard?
May 02, 2013

Good morning fellow MTs; I hope everyone is having a productive day!  Lately I have been contacted by two different companies via email stating I had contacted them in the past with my resume.  I am working but could always use something better right?  So I proceed to see what it's about and you know you don't get answers to those questions regarding pay scales and pay frequency upfront usually even when you do ask so I followed their jungle of steps, wasting quite a bit ...

EKG Showed VT Wave Inversions Anteriorly
Feb 19, 2014

EKG showed VT wave inversions anteriorly. Is VT wave correct? ...

EKG Report - He Says, T Wave Flat In S/l L Only, Basically Unremarkable. Thanks!
Jul 12, 2011

.. ...

Wav Player Help
Aug 07, 2011

I have an Express Scribe and Bytescribe players.  I generally have .wav files that I can play on either/or.  I have a potential new client wanting to play .wav files.  I can play .wav files but it seems not this particular .wav file.  It is a Bytescribe file but I cannot get Bytescribe to accept it.  Any suggestions.  Could it maybe have something to do with the Codec (?)  . . . sometimes you just feel so helpless . . .   any help would be g ...

Olympus DDS Player
Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone have experience using this player?  I am wanting to use a foot pedal but the foot switch option is grayed out.  Any help would be much appreciated.  ...

For Those MTs Using Gear Player
Oct 12, 2010

Are you happy with it?  Can you say why or why not? How does Gear Player compare to other players such as Bytescribe or Express Scribe?  Is the sound quality better?  Anything info at all would be great!  Thanks!  ...

Using A Cassette Player
Oct 14, 2010

I just started using a cassette player for transcription. Do you know if I put the side I need to transcribe facing down or up?   Thanks ...

Help! I May Need New Player Software...
Apr 18, 2011

Hi.  I've been using Express Scribe for years now and have never run into a situation where it couldn't play the files that I was working with.  Recently I got a new job and now .ds2 files are going to be used more often and I just found out that Express Scribe doesn't play those.  UGH! I don't have the kind of money to buy $100 software like Bytescribe.  Does anyone know of any other wavplayer programs that are free or very low in price? Or maybe someon ...

Best Audio Player
Aug 08, 2012

Okay, I have the newest version of Express Scribe and for some reason part way through dictations it sounds like it is tunneling or on a cell phone. Is there a way or a site for me to get an older version so that entire dictations are clear or is there a better audio player out there that works with a foot pedal? ...

Media Player
Mar 02, 2014

My client just sold his business but I stayed on with the new client.  My old client used Voicescribe which I became very used to as I used it for over 15 years for my old client.    The new client doesn't use a specific media player but I tried the VCL media player and Windows media player but I can't seem to get my foot pedal to work with either.  Is there a media player out there that is foot pedal friendly? Any help is appreciated.  ...

Gear Player
Aug 01, 2014

Hello, Just wondering if anyone uses Gear Player and is happy enough with the features and quality of the sound it produces to justify the cost.  I'm trying it out myself and just would like some feedback from others who have used it. Thank you. ...

Free Player
Aug 08, 2014

Need A Good DSS/DS2 Player
Oct 28, 2014

I have DSS lite but it's not working with my foot pedal. Any recommendations on how to play DS2 files? ...

TransNet Player Hot Keys
Mar 05, 2010

Can hot keys be enabled for TransNet Player on an ExText platform?  I want to jump back to the beginning of a voice file once reaching the end for proofing without sticking my foot down on the pedal forever.    ...

Bayscribe Player Hotkeys?
May 09, 2010

My foot pedal is broken and I am wondering if the bayscribe player has hotkeys instead of having to go into the player and push the play/pause buttons contstantly.  Anyone know?  Thanks so much!  Kelley ...