A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Media Player - Katie

Posted: Mar 02, 2014

My client just sold his business but I stayed on with the new client.  My old client used Voicescribe which I became very used to as I used it for over 15 years for my old client.    The new client doesn't use a specific media player but I tried the VCL media player and Windows media player but I can't seem to get my foot pedal to work with either.  Is there a media player out there that is foot pedal friendly? Any help is appreciated. 

Try either Express Scribe for For The Record - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Try either Express Scribe (you may have to purchase it now -- used to be free) and the Record Player. There is plenty of information regarding both if you go to the Technical Help board which is posted on the left-hand side.

Express scribe free version 5.3 I have - Email me

[ In Reply To ..]
I have the old free version. Email me if you would like. It works just fine!

Look into Start Stop. Has much better quality, far above Express Scribe. - anon. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Windows Media Player
Oct 08, 2011

I was sent test files to be used with Windows Media Player. However, can't rewind or use my foot pedal with them. It is taking me forever, have to go back to the beginning, etc. Is there a way to get my foot pedal to work not using Express Scribe? I use that through my other company and don't want them to know I am using it or inadvertently send them the test files! I have tried to download the free trial of ES, but it just keeps going to my company one and messing it up. Does anyone h ...

Food Pedal With Media Player
Feb 10, 2010

does anyone have any idea how to make my USB foot pedal work with Media Player?  thanks.  I've tried everything I could think of.      ...

Media Player Won't Play .wav Files
May 22, 2012

My media player stopped playing .wav files and now I cannot test with anyone because I cannot get it to work on either my XP computer or my Windows 7 computer.  I googled it and it seems like a lot of people are having the same problems but I cannot fix mine.  Anyone else have/had this problem? ...

Help On Loading Dictations From Windows Media Player To Express Scribe
Jan 26, 2011

I could use some help on loading dictations from Windows Media Player to ES They say ( .wpl ) is not supported ...

Making Foot Pedal Work With Windows Media Player
May 05, 2012

Is there any way to make my Infinity USB foot pedal work with Windows Media Player? I dont want to convert the media files to another program like Express Scribe. This is through a remote desktop and the files open with Windows Media Player and Express Scribe is not on this desktop and there is no way to put it there.   TIA! ...

Find A Foot Pedal That Works With Windows Media Player
Apr 04, 2013

I am looking to find a foot pedal that works with Windows Media Player.  Anyone know of one?   ...

Foot Pedal Doesn't Work With Windows Media. Sm
Dec 28, 2011

Know there are free programs to convert to wav, but anyone have any suggestions of a safe one?  Have a test in media and just don't have three hands to keep pausing!  Thanks for any help. ...

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...

Wav Player Help
Aug 07, 2011

I have an Express Scribe and Bytescribe players.  I generally have .wav files that I can play on either/or.  I have a potential new client wanting to play .wav files.  I can play .wav files but it seems not this particular .wav file.  It is a Bytescribe file but I cannot get Bytescribe to accept it.  Any suggestions.  Could it maybe have something to do with the Codec (?)  . . . sometimes you just feel so helpless . . .   any help would be g ...

Olympus DDS Player
Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone have experience using this player?  I am wanting to use a foot pedal but the foot switch option is grayed out.  Any help would be much appreciated.  ...

For Those MTs Using Gear Player
Oct 12, 2010

Are you happy with it?  Can you say why or why not? How does Gear Player compare to other players such as Bytescribe or Express Scribe?  Is the sound quality better?  Anything info at all would be great!  Thanks!  ...

Using A Cassette Player
Oct 14, 2010

I just started using a cassette player for transcription. Do you know if I put the side I need to transcribe facing down or up?   Thanks ...

Help! I May Need New Player Software...
Apr 18, 2011

Hi.  I've been using Express Scribe for years now and have never run into a situation where it couldn't play the files that I was working with.  Recently I got a new job and now .ds2 files are going to be used more often and I just found out that Express Scribe doesn't play those.  UGH! I don't have the kind of money to buy $100 software like Bytescribe.  Does anyone know of any other wavplayer programs that are free or very low in price? Or maybe someon ...

Best Audio Player
Aug 08, 2012

Okay, I have the newest version of Express Scribe and for some reason part way through dictations it sounds like it is tunneling or on a cell phone. Is there a way or a site for me to get an older version so that entire dictations are clear or is there a better audio player out there that works with a foot pedal? ...

Gear Player
Aug 01, 2014

Hello, Just wondering if anyone uses Gear Player and is happy enough with the features and quality of the sound it produces to justify the cost.  I'm trying it out myself and just would like some feedback from others who have used it. Thank you. ...

Free Player
Aug 08, 2014

Need A Good DSS/DS2 Player
Oct 28, 2014

I have DSS lite but it's not working with my foot pedal. Any recommendations on how to play DS2 files? ...

TransNet Player Hot Keys
Mar 05, 2010

Can hot keys be enabled for TransNet Player on an ExText platform?  I want to jump back to the beginning of a voice file once reaching the end for proofing without sticking my foot down on the pedal forever.    ...

Bayscribe Player Hotkeys?
May 09, 2010

My foot pedal is broken and I am wondering if the bayscribe player has hotkeys instead of having to go into the player and push the play/pause buttons contstantly.  Anyone know?  Thanks so much!  Kelley ...

Wave Files Player
Sep 02, 2010

Can someone point me in the direction of a very simple, easy to download and use, free voice wave player for transcribing test documents. Unfortunately I was one of the reduction in force letter recipients at Webmedx and now must do some testing.  Thanks for the help and all the support we have received on this board, it is nice to be a part of such a supportive group. ...

DJW Voice File Player
Sep 27, 2010

Hi! I got some DJW format of voice files to play.  I do not know what player play these files. Please help me and let me know the required player to play these. Thanks ...

Having More Than One Voice File Player
Jan 02, 2011

I currently use GearPlayer, and with one of my clients this is required for downloading voice files and uploading completed documents, therefore cannot get rid of it.  GearPlayer is fine for my other accounts as those voice files come via email and FTP and I save them to my system and they open and play on GP just fine. My issue now is if I want to apply with a company who requires ByteScribe or ExpressScribe - or any other player, those are just the two that I am looking at presently - c ...

IN-DVI-USB Voicewave Player Software
Jun 14, 2011

Where do I purchase DVI voicewave software and pedal for VA employment? Thanks. ...

Question For Ket From Below On VMware Player
Apr 05, 2011

I posted on the thread below, but it was awhile ago, didn't know if I would get a reply, so I'm posting up here. Do I understand you correctly?  You were able to get DQS installed and working on Windows 7 64-bit OS using VMware player?  I tried for a long time and finally gave up and am still using my old clunker.  I also tried XP mode and no foot pedal.  Does it work like XP mode, having to install DQS again in the virtual environment or is it a mirror of your old ...

Football Player With Concussion
Nov 18, 2011

Given his current lack of symptoms with progression of cognitive and physical activity, as well as his impact testing and passing of his s/l **BEST** test, I feel it is acceptable for the patient to return to full contact football at this point in time.   Thanks!! ...

What Player Do You Use To Transcribe With?? I Used To Use Olympus But Since -sm
Feb 08, 2012

updating my computer to Windows 7 the foot pedal will not work as the player is an older version as is the foot pedal. I have been using Express Scribe but I am tired of spending all my time trying to convert the files to play in Express Scribe. Just wondering if there is anything else out there that is user friendly and plays a variety of files?? Thanks. ...

Recommend An Audio Player
Aug 09, 2012

Now that I have decided on Mydocsonline - can anyone recommend an audio player??? Thanks, Cathy ...

Free Player For Testing?
Aug 22, 2012

Will someone help me in finding a free player besides Express Scribe (my free trial has run out)I can use when I am testing for companies? I am looking for a job and do not want to purchase anything right now. TIA! ...

Use Mac For Transcription With An Audio Player
Oct 01, 2014

Does any use Mac for transcription with an audio player.  I have used gear player but that is not compatible with Mac.  Any suggestions for a good audio player that is compatible with Mac? ...

Need Free DSS Player Download
Mar 21, 2015

Can anyone recommend a good DSS player download (i.e. Expresscribe) that is not a virus or some other program that will otherwise destroy my computer. I need it for testing with a company as an IC and cannot really afford to purchase one. TIA ...