A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Olympus DDS Player - Loves to Type

Posted: Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone have experience using this player?  I am wanting to use a foot pedal but the foot switch option is grayed out.  Any help would be much appreciated. 

Olympus DSS player - jaytee

[ In Reply To ..]
It's been a while since I have had to use that, but if I remember correctly, you must use the Olympus foot pedal and nothing else is compatible. If you have the files downloaded though there are some programs that will conver the dss format to wav (or others) that you can then play the file in ES or another player that is more compatible. I believe that ES also will play dss files if you have the extension checked. Don't know if that helps or not, hope so, Olympus products make everything difficult for sure. :)

I've been using it. It only wants its own footpedal though, yes. - joan

[ In Reply To ..]
I got it because an account switched to DS2 and at the time, that's all I could find to play DS2 format. There's a little converter to change to DSS or wav files.

Similar Messages:

What Player Do You Use To Transcribe With?? I Used To Use Olympus But Since -sm
Feb 08, 2012

updating my computer to Windows 7 the foot pedal will not work as the player is an older version as is the foot pedal. I have been using Express Scribe but I am tired of spending all my time trying to convert the files to play in Express Scribe. Just wondering if there is anything else out there that is user friendly and plays a variety of files?? Thanks. ...

Olympus DSS Standard Player V1.0 To Play Ds2 Files
Dec 31, 2010

I am typing ds2 files and am using the above player which the olympus representative said was created to play ds2 files.  however, I have tried taken the file from the place it was sent to me and it seemed to import into Folder A.  But the file never could be seen in Folder A or the transcriptionist Tray.  I did this many many many times with the same result.  The Olympus rep told me to go to the message folder and copy and paste it into Folder A.  I then could see it in ...

Lost Serial Product Number For Olympus DSS Player Pro V.3.3
May 02, 2010

My computer crashed this weekend and I had to run out and get a whole one. The problem that I am running into is trying to install the Olympus DSS Player Pro v.3.3 on the new computer, and I lost the serial product number in order to register it.  The software won't load without this key code.  Does anyone have one on hand or have any suggestion?  I don't want to go out and buy another one for $200.00 bucks or more since that was what I paid the first time around.   ...

Olympus DSS Player Pro - Recent Bought New Computer And Now Footpedal Does Not Work - Sm
Jan 30, 2012

I know there is something I need to click on but cannot remember what it is. Thanks for your help. ...

Olympus In Windows 7
Jan 23, 2012

Hi, i would like to know how to use olympus DSS player in windows 7....If anybody have an idea please reply to this message ...

Olympus DS-3400
Mar 27, 2013

Okay, friends.. this is my question. The doc I work for changed to this kind of recorder.  He sends me files via email and I download them... normally into Express Scribe.  Every once in a while, he will send me a voice file that has a *click* sound and I cannot hear him.  I found a program using express zip file compression software.  I can make them play, but I cannot use my foot pedal.... any thoughts?  Or, do you know of any program that I could download and/or buy ...

Olympus Recorder From Doc , And I Am Old And Dumb.
Nov 25, 2013

I recently heard from a local MD asking me to do work, said he was going to buy a tape recorder.  Okay, I get my trusty old equipment out.  Now he calls and says he has bought an Olympus VN 702PC.  I googled it hoping to figure it out, called my more literate son who says I can just use it with forward and pause buttons OR I can connect it to my computer with a USB cord and, "Mom, all you do is open the folder you want and click........."  Of course, I haven't a clue. &n ...

Open Voice File In Olympus
Apr 25, 2012

Anyone know how to play a voice file that came with an email and when I open it, it calls up my Olympus player but it is not there when I look in each folder? I also tried to import the file and it does not go there either. thanks. ...

Encryption With Olympus & Express Scribe
Mar 29, 2013

I am new to digital - trying to use Express Scribe on a Mac.  But doc wants to use Olympus DS-5000 or DS-7000 for encrypted dictation.  Can I decrypt it using Express Scribe?   ...

Transcription Software Olympus DS7000
Jul 24, 2013

Have AS3000 Olympus equipment now. Boss got Olympus DS7000. It produces duplicate files one in voice and another in .XML format. If I get the 7000 transcription software for my end will it still produce duplicate files? Any help appreciated. ...

Foot Pedal - Will It Work AS-5000 Olympus
Jan 14, 2015

I am considering testing for an at-home company, haven't worked from home in years and when I did it was with microcassettes, etc.  I am trying to put together equipment just to do the testing and have access to AS-5000 transcription kit (pedal, software,etc.)  Does anybody know if this will work when the company downloads their files?  Thanks for any advice...I'm really beginning to feel like a dinosaur! ...

Wav Player Help
Aug 07, 2011

I have an Express Scribe and Bytescribe players.  I generally have .wav files that I can play on either/or.  I have a potential new client wanting to play .wav files.  I can play .wav files but it seems not this particular .wav file.  It is a Bytescribe file but I cannot get Bytescribe to accept it.  Any suggestions.  Could it maybe have something to do with the Codec (?)  . . . sometimes you just feel so helpless . . .   any help would be g ...

For Those MTs Using Gear Player
Oct 12, 2010

Are you happy with it?  Can you say why or why not? How does Gear Player compare to other players such as Bytescribe or Express Scribe?  Is the sound quality better?  Anything info at all would be great!  Thanks!  ...

Using A Cassette Player
Oct 14, 2010

I just started using a cassette player for transcription. Do you know if I put the side I need to transcribe facing down or up?   Thanks ...

Help! I May Need New Player Software...
Apr 18, 2011

Hi.  I've been using Express Scribe for years now and have never run into a situation where it couldn't play the files that I was working with.  Recently I got a new job and now .ds2 files are going to be used more often and I just found out that Express Scribe doesn't play those.  UGH! I don't have the kind of money to buy $100 software like Bytescribe.  Does anyone know of any other wavplayer programs that are free or very low in price? Or maybe someon ...

Best Audio Player
Aug 08, 2012

Okay, I have the newest version of Express Scribe and for some reason part way through dictations it sounds like it is tunneling or on a cell phone. Is there a way or a site for me to get an older version so that entire dictations are clear or is there a better audio player out there that works with a foot pedal? ...

Media Player
Mar 02, 2014

My client just sold his business but I stayed on with the new client.  My old client used Voicescribe which I became very used to as I used it for over 15 years for my old client.    The new client doesn't use a specific media player but I tried the VCL media player and Windows media player but I can't seem to get my foot pedal to work with either.  Is there a media player out there that is foot pedal friendly? Any help is appreciated.  ...

Gear Player
Aug 01, 2014

Hello, Just wondering if anyone uses Gear Player and is happy enough with the features and quality of the sound it produces to justify the cost.  I'm trying it out myself and just would like some feedback from others who have used it. Thank you. ...

Free Player
Aug 08, 2014

Need A Good DSS/DS2 Player
Oct 28, 2014

I have DSS lite but it's not working with my foot pedal. Any recommendations on how to play DS2 files? ...

TransNet Player Hot Keys
Mar 05, 2010

Can hot keys be enabled for TransNet Player on an ExText platform?  I want to jump back to the beginning of a voice file once reaching the end for proofing without sticking my foot down on the pedal forever.    ...

Bayscribe Player Hotkeys?
May 09, 2010

My foot pedal is broken and I am wondering if the bayscribe player has hotkeys instead of having to go into the player and push the play/pause buttons contstantly.  Anyone know?  Thanks so much!  Kelley ...

Wave Files Player
Sep 02, 2010

Can someone point me in the direction of a very simple, easy to download and use, free voice wave player for transcribing test documents. Unfortunately I was one of the reduction in force letter recipients at Webmedx and now must do some testing.  Thanks for the help and all the support we have received on this board, it is nice to be a part of such a supportive group. ...

DJW Voice File Player
Sep 27, 2010

Hi! I got some DJW format of voice files to play.  I do not know what player play these files. Please help me and let me know the required player to play these. Thanks ...

Having More Than One Voice File Player
Jan 02, 2011

I currently use GearPlayer, and with one of my clients this is required for downloading voice files and uploading completed documents, therefore cannot get rid of it.  GearPlayer is fine for my other accounts as those voice files come via email and FTP and I save them to my system and they open and play on GP just fine. My issue now is if I want to apply with a company who requires ByteScribe or ExpressScribe - or any other player, those are just the two that I am looking at presently - c ...

IN-DVI-USB Voicewave Player Software
Jun 14, 2011

Where do I purchase DVI voicewave software and pedal for VA employment? Thanks. ...

Question For Ket From Below On VMware Player
Apr 05, 2011

I posted on the thread below, but it was awhile ago, didn't know if I would get a reply, so I'm posting up here. Do I understand you correctly?  You were able to get DQS installed and working on Windows 7 64-bit OS using VMware player?  I tried for a long time and finally gave up and am still using my old clunker.  I also tried XP mode and no foot pedal.  Does it work like XP mode, having to install DQS again in the virtual environment or is it a mirror of your old ...

Windows Media Player
Oct 08, 2011

I was sent test files to be used with Windows Media Player. However, can't rewind or use my foot pedal with them. It is taking me forever, have to go back to the beginning, etc. Is there a way to get my foot pedal to work not using Express Scribe? I use that through my other company and don't want them to know I am using it or inadvertently send them the test files! I have tried to download the free trial of ES, but it just keeps going to my company one and messing it up. Does anyone h ...

Football Player With Concussion
Nov 18, 2011

Given his current lack of symptoms with progression of cognitive and physical activity, as well as his impact testing and passing of his s/l **BEST** test, I feel it is acceptable for the patient to return to full contact football at this point in time.   Thanks!! ...

Recommend An Audio Player
Aug 09, 2012

Now that I have decided on Mydocsonline - can anyone recommend an audio player??? Thanks, Cathy ...