A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcribing into doctor's office computer - linann

Posted: Jun 08, 2011

I need to know what I need to be able to transcribe for a doctor who is 50 miiles away from where I live.  I need to dial into the office computer from my home and type directly into their system.  What Do I need. Thanks for your help

You need to install remote desktop software - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
On both computers. Google "Remote Desktop Software" or try this favorite.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

Similar Messages:

Ideal Office Furniture For Transcribing At Home
Mar 09, 2010

I am trying to find a desk and chair under $100 ideally that is comfortable and doesn't cause of a lot of strain on my wrists.  Did any of you who work at home purchased your furniture at a specific store?  I would appreciate any suggestions. ...

Transcribing For Doctor
Feb 04, 2015

I was offered a job working for a doctor.  What is the best software to have the dictation sent to me and sent back to him?  Thank you! ...

Working In A Doctor's Office 8-5
Jul 26, 2010

Have a potential job opportunity working in a medical office for one doctor and one PA, however, I need to provide them with what pay I am looking for. Really dislike when the pay question is turned around on me (sigh).  Anyhoo, job is a fulltime office job doing mostly transcription but there will be some other job office duties to help out in.  Sooo~ this is where you come in . . . what kind of pay are transcriptionist making in a medical office these days.  I have only don ...

Does Every Doctor Office Have Coders?
Aug 04, 2011

Just curious.  And if so, do coders work as the primary billilng person as well or do they having a billing person and a coder.  I don't see too many jobs advertised for coders so I was wondering... maybe not all have them. ...

I Work At A Doctor's Office As An MT, But I Also
Aug 23, 2013

perform document scanning and indexing for all the hospital documents, correspondence and faxed documents they receive.  We share office space with another practice.  The other practice is a completely seperate entity with seperate payroll.  However, we share a phone line and as a courtesy I do answer most of the other practices calls, schedule their appts, and because I set at the front window, I check in all of our patients and their patiens, mostly because the girl em ...

? About Working For A Private Doctor's Office
Apr 15, 2012

I saw an opening for a medical transcriptionist for a private doctor's office in my town.  I wonder, if any of you work in a private office--won't all medical practices be going to some sort of EMR in the coming year?  This ad didn't say anything at all about EMR, but I'm kind of assuming that they'll be switching to it if they haven't already.   I've only done MT in an acute-care hospital setting, so I also wonder if a lot of smaller doctor ...

Should I Stay Or Should I Go? I Took A Job At A Local Doctor's Office As
Jun 16, 2012

a scheduler/receptionist.  I took the job because I wasn't making anything typing at home and I thought it would be nice to get out of the house and sharpen some different skills apart from just transcribing.  Plus the office is 5 minutes from my house, days with weekends off, and it's a steady paycheck that does not fluctuate because there's no jobs available or I'm having an off dat, but I hate the job!  On my third day, the lady who was training me had ...

Anybody Handle Phones In A Doctor's Office?
Jul 29, 2012

So I just got a temp job in a fancy upscale surgical hospital. First in-house job in 8 years, and I really need to convert this job into a permanent deal, but my first attempts on the phone last week I sort of bombed. Is anybody able to offer some pointers on phone tact? I know I will make mistakes, it would be great if I could recover from them gracefully. >_<*  If someone was willing to mentor me and get me through this next week I would send you a box of cookies or brownies or wha ...

Transcription Positions In A Doctor's Office
Jun 19, 2013

Is it impossible to find a position as a transcriptionist in a doctor's office. I have had no luck at all since I have been a transcriptionist. I have been a transcriptionist for 23 years and nothing from a doctor's office ever. ...

Typing In Your Own Record At The Doctor's Office
Mar 20, 2014

My husband went to the doctor last week.  The lady asked him his medical history, typing it in the computer, then spun it around and asked him to enter some of his personal information, name, address, etc., himself.  Now that might be a first.  ...

Transcription Software So That Doctor Can Dictate Into A Digital Recorder From His Office
Apr 20, 2010

Does anybody know of a good software program or system where the doctor can dictate into a digital recorder from his office, upload it to my computer and that I could transcribe using a footpedal (that I already have) and then upload it and send it back to the doctor?  The doctor would like to start using a digital system ASAP, so any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you! ...

I Had A Doctor Call Me "Computer"
Feb 18, 2014

Computer, go back to the last paragraph...  Computer, put in my usual closing statement... ...

Nothing But Office Notes And Office Letters With No ADT Tonight And Last Night. A Recipe For Perfor
Mar 08, 2014

Numerous cc's not in the database which have to be added, address and all. Short reports, of course, that take 3x longer than the dictation time. Just shoot me now. I can't wait until I get a new job! Came close today - job lead was 1/2 day too late. :-( Hopefully the other person won't work out :-} ...

Need To Convert From Office 2013 To Office 2010
Apr 26, 2014

I'm starting with a new company next week.  My Windows 7 PC has Office 2013 Professional.  The new company's platform is only compatible with 2010 or earlier.  I don't have the money to spend on 2010, so I'll either have to decline the offer or try to find a way to install 2010 cheaply.  I thought I might be able to download a version for free, since it's not the newest version, but it doesn't look like I can do that.  Any ideas? ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

When I Am Transcribing
May 06, 2010

that sound that sounds like an old-fashioned bicycle horn, you know the one with a bulb on it? ...

Transcribing From A DVD
May 12, 2010

I am going to receive 2 DVDs from a client containing focus group videos. I use Express Scribe for my clients. I have never transcribed a DVD and am wondering if there is a way to use Express Scribe for this. Researched this and found no helpful info. Has anyone done this, or is there another free program that I can use for this? Thanks. Lynn ...

Transcribing With VR
Feb 29, 2012

This might be considered controversial, but has any MT out there used a VR program to "transcribe" dictation instead of actually using a keyboard to transcribe?  So I am not misunderstood, I'll be very literal here:  As the MT, you listen to the dictation and instead of typing it out, you speak what you are hearing into a VR program on your computer to produce the "transcribed" report.  I can't be the only one out here who has thought of this and the only reason I can co ...

Need Help Transcribing
Feb 05, 2013

Physician says "abdomen soft; non-tender; non-distended; no "rawls" - how is this "rawls" supposed to be spelled out? Thanks in advance! - sam ...

Are We All OOW Because The QCs Are Transcribing Now?
Feb 26, 2015

I wouldn't put anything past them. It might even get worse when the QCs start receiving production pay. ...

Transcribing
Apr 21, 2015

I'm sorry, I need to blow off some steam and perhaps those who have their own accounts could shed some light.  I have been an MT for a very long time and in the past, what an MT did was TRANSCRIBE.  We didn't follow account specs or change sentences, etc.  Why has the MT industry come to this and why do the MTSO owners agree to this?  I don't mind at all fixing broken English, because I understand that process, but changing what a doctor says, because it's ...

QC Transcribing
Apr 22, 2015

Is there any way to find the QC ID# to see if they are transcribing on my account?  Just wondering because there were apparently a large number of people transcribing on my acct in the last few hours yet when I come on to work there is no work.  Just wondering. ...

Transcribing An Appendectomy
Feb 06, 2010

Doctor dictates:  "The small bowel was viable.  The * were carefully inspected and felt to be entirely viable." It sounds like:  The area condition zones??? were carefully inspected and felt to be entirely viable. Thanks for any help! ...

Transcribing Machines
Jun 28, 2010

I am working on a course in medical transcription and I am at the point where I should get a transcribing unit where can I price them and which ones should I look to buy.  My course is sent to me on CD's. Thank you for your imput. ...

Transcribing An Interview
Jul 14, 2010

I am doing some side work transcribing a research interview, and was wondering your opinions.  One of the respondents in the interview panel is ESL.  Her grammar is very often incorrect.  I asked them when I got the project if they wanted the transcription verbatim, and she said "yes, let's leave it true to form."  I had asked because the previous work had a lot of "like" and "you know" in it, and transcribing every utterance was actually really hard.  ...

Cardiac Transcribing
Jul 14, 2010

Diffuse athrosclerotic disease without clinical evidence of coronary artery disease ...

Does Anyone Else Use Earbuds For Transcribing?
Aug 10, 2010

Does anyone else use ear buds for transcribing?  I am using Ipod ear buds and the sound quality is very good but they keep falling out of my ear, especially my left one.  Does anyone have any suggestions for ear buds that they have used?  Also, does anyone know why the search function has changed?  It is possible to still search the boards?  I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks! ...