A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How do I get internal speakers from computer to work? - Me

Posted: Nov 10, 2012

I would like to listen to stuff without using headphones or external speakers temporarily. I have Windows 7. My other computer has the sound coming right out of it without any speakers which is great, plus if I want to plug in headphones I can do that too. I would like to make this Windows 7 do the same thing. Can you help?

speakers - what I did

[ In Reply To ..]
Does your monitor have the speakers? That is what I had to do, get the monitor with speakers, not sure how else to get the speaker on the computer to work.

Control panel. - Raindrops.

[ In Reply To ..]
You probably already tried this, but here goes anyway:

Go into the "Control Panel."
Click on "Hardware and Sound."
Under the "Sound" heading, click on "Adjust system volume."

Make sure there is not a red circle over the speaker icon. Hope that works, but if not, sorry, I can't think of anything else. Good luck!

Similar Messages:

Anyone Have Experience As To Whether $100 Speakers Make Any Improvement Sm
May 17, 2010

over $20 speakers as far as dictation goes?  Can the better speakers make the dictation sound a little better (justifying cost of speakers)?  I know bad dictation is bad dictation but just wondering. ...

Speakers Versus Headset When Working
Jan 26, 2011

Does anyone use speakers instead of headset when transcribing/editing?  I have always used a headset (been in this field for about 20 years), and the more I work, the worse the ringing becomes in my ears.  I believe it is directly related to the headset (which does not insert into my ears--got away from that one because it really made it worse).  I try to keep the volume as low as I can.  Anyone opt for using speakers instead or the headset.  Anyone have similar symptoms ...

What Are The Best Speakers For MT Work? Please Give Model # Also
Dec 05, 2012

nm ...

MM Doesn't Send Speakers With Their Computers Anymore?
Jul 19, 2012

My MQ/MM speakers, which I plug in my head phones into, quit working. The techs called me and said they no longer send speakers with the computers. Anyone, within the last 2 years or so, get speakers send with their MQ/MM computer? I was told MTs are plugging the head sets into the computer directly and using a head set with the volume dial on the head set. Is this true? ...

Internal Job Board?
Dec 13, 2012

Is there an internal job board ? How does anyone apply for other positions within Nuance? If this exists, would someone inform me how to find it? ...

Internal Medicine Note Help
Sep 27, 2010

Dr is mumbliing again - sounds like poly-my-o-dermatica   or poly my o trumatica It is not  Polymyalgia rheumatica.  Just a mention in the report - no further info. Thanks! marel   ...

DQS Internal Clipboard Text
Mar 24, 2011

In the middle of my shift this morning I started getting this message....  DocQscribe Internal Clipboard Text whenever I try to paste what I had copied/cut.  Anyone ever see this before?  I have tried entering a ticket and of course, you guessed it...  I can't sign onto Q Care.  Really slows down the research/macro making.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.  ...

Internal Medicine Consult
Apr 15, 2011

Concern for decreased (s/l Plavix) activity with proton pump inhibitors and will have to check a (s/l PTY 12) if she is to continue on proton pump inhibitors as an outpatient.   ...

S/L Internal *ryan* Stitches....nm
Jul 20, 2012

I just don't find this anywhere. ...

S/l Internal Lubricord Implantation?
Dec 08, 2012

nm ...

Capitalization - Internal Medicine Service?
Nov 16, 2009

Is the name of a service, i.e. internal medicine service, capitalized or not?  ...

Emdat/Inscribe Using Internal Player ... Sm
Nov 14, 2012

Hi.  I've recently started using the internal player with Inscribe (the Windows Media Player) and I need help with setting the speed for the player.  I've looked under options, but there are only choices for playback speed, rewind speed, etc., and nothing for setting the play speed. It hasn't been a problem until now.  I downloaded my work, and the doctor is chipmunked so much so that I cannot understand everything.  Any help greatly appreciated! ...

Posterior Fossa?? Internal Auditory Canal
Oct 01, 2010

MRI scanning of the posterior fossa? internal auditory canal  doc has an accent and I'm not sure.  I haven't heard this before. ...

Multiple Regions Of Low Density In Both Sides Of The Internal Capsule. Probably Represent Old (s/l)
Aug 09, 2010

Multiple regions of low density in both sides of the internal capsule. Probably represent old (s/l) "pointment" or infarctions. ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Has Anyone Listened To Any Of The "guest Speakers"?
May 24, 2014

I should.  Is there anything important to be missed if one does not listen?  Has anything been said about increasing our wages from sub-poverty to poverty or maybe even back to where they used to be so we can keep our cars and homes?  Any insight is appreciated. ...

How To Type Dr Jones Is "dual Board Certified" In Both Pediatrics And Internal Medicine,
Jul 20, 2012

Hyphens? ...

Internal "hat" And Endocervical Curettage. Sm
Jan 13, 2011

The doctor dictates, "The patient will have LEEP procedure with internal hat and endocervical curettage." I'm not sure if hat is short for something or it's the acronym HAT, but it is pretty clear. Thank you! ...

Need New Computer
Dec 26, 2009

I need a new computer however I need to have XP for EXText.  Wondering which way I should go--- Dual boot or have 2 separate hard drives, one for XP and the other for Windows 7 Professional?  Any advice? ...

Mq Computer
May 10, 2010

I leave my computer up and running all the time.  In the past week every morning I am having to reboot because I get an error saying "insufficient system resources to perform this action."  As soon as it finally reboots, then everything is fine, I can log onto DQS and type all day with no problems.  Then it sits again all night, and the same thing happens the next morning. Does anyone know what the problem might be?  Tech support has already increased the virtual memory capa ...

How Many Of You Use Your MQ Computer...
May 17, 2010

for other things besides work such as another job, internet shopping, banking, facebook, etc.? ...

Help - New Computer
Aug 19, 2010

I got a new computer today and when my first job comes up the ADT info is at the top of the page.  Can you tell me how to get it off.  Also how to I make the print on my screen larger?  TIA ...

Computer Age VS 6.1
Sep 10, 2010

I was just wondering how old some computers are that are having problems with 6.1 and if there are people with newer computers that handles it better.  Mine is a MQ computer that is 4 years old now and it bogs down quite a bit.  Everything is sluggish now.  I do have 1 GB of ram and 1.84 GHz, so 6.1 shouldn't take a toll on it as bad as it is.  I'm just wondering if I should ask the Q for an upgrade, if that is the problem.  Knowing the RAM and proces ...

Help MQ Computer
Sep 16, 2010

Need help! I don't use an MQ computer, since they don't want you to put anything personal on it, and most of my life, including banking, is on my computer.   My 4-year-old computer crashed and is in the shop for a couple days, and I decided maybe it's time to get a new one.  The problem is, DQS requires a 32-bit system, and so far all the new computers I've found are all Windows 7, which is 64 bits.   I also want to get a slimline, since it kills my ...

Is It Just My Computer?
Sep 20, 2010

I turned off the "check as you go" spelling feature to get rid of that distracting wiggly red line.  When I upload a document, and a mis-spelling is picked up, what's with all the lame suggestions.  I mean either there just aren't any suggestions at all for a simple mis-spelled word with a single wrong letter, or just a simple word.  What happened to the old Q dictionary?  It seems every 5 years their dictionary gets worse.  When I started 10 years ag ...

Using MQ Computer
Dec 01, 2010

I am looking at quitting MQ, and I'm using their computer...do you think they'll let me buy the computer from them????  I can't imagine it's cheap to mail it back to them, and will need a computer for my new job. ...

Computer Needs
Jun 06, 2011

Does anyone use a Mac for medical transcription with Windows XP and MT software that requires nothing newer than XP?  Also any experience with Windows XP and Medrite XL on a newer computer using Windows 7 and virtual xp?  Needing advice before replacing my old computer, which I'm afraid might give out.   I would just load XP but supposedly will be transferring to software compatible with Windows 7 sometime in the future.   Any ideas appreciated.    ...

Lap Top Computer
Oct 03, 2011

Does anyone transcribe on a laptop computer and take your work with you when you travel? ...