A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Free VR software that I could use as a "middleman" to do some of my transcription for me? - pooker

Posted: May 11, 2012

Has anyone tried using VR software to get a rough draft of your transcription that you can then go in and proof to audio personally?  It sound like it would be a great help, but not sure of the logistics - putting the mic up to the speaker, etc...has anyone tried this successfully or am I just wishful thinking? 

wishful thinking - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
You need to set up a voice file by reading from some text, so the program will recognize YOUR voice ... and then you have the ability to (what is called) echo-dictate. By that, you press the foot pedal and instead of typing what you hear you will re-dictate what you hear. When you're done you can go back and edit things.

Similar Messages:

Foot Pedal/transcription Software For Free? I Tried Express But It Said I Need To Buy It Now. Nm
Apr 20, 2015

x ...

Good Free Transcribing Software
Mar 15, 2010

I just recently got a new computer over the weekend and when I tried to install my Start Stop software, it failed.  I then downloaded Express Scribe and it worked on dss voice files, but I can't get it to play any of my other voice files. Start stop would play them all. ...

Free Word Counting Software
Aug 14, 2011

I recently got a new computer and don't want to re-purchase my word counting app. Anybody no a free solution? IF there's more than one option, do you know which is best? Thanks! Marty ...

Free Line Counting Software...
Aug 29, 2011

I am looking for software that is a free download to create an invoice from a completed document…like MP Count, which is no longer free.  Does anyone know where I can find one?  I have searched Google, but have come up with only trial downloads that cost after so many days or uses. Thank you in advance :) ...

Free Line Count Software?
Nov 03, 2013

It's been years since I have needed line count software.  In fact, I found an old "disk" - it was a floppy disk, so that's how long it has been!  Anybody know of any free line count software.  I actually don't need it to keep track of all my lines, just so I'm close.  It needs to count separate reports, not just one big document.  I know Word has it's own where it counts characters, but I don't want to have to keep taking my hands off t ...

Recommendations For Free Line Counter Software? Sm
Jan 11, 2013

I really wish I could use Sylvan but I have Word 2002 and it only utilizes Word 2003 and higher. I was suggested to try Abacus but I cannot find a legitimate download link. Any other suggestions? Thanks! ...

Any Other Free Software Out There Other Than ExpressScribe That's Compatible With Infinity USB
May 20, 2014

Can't get pedal to work on Express Scribe.  Have tried everything.  Are there any other free transcription software/programs I can download?  Thanks.  ...

Anyone Use A Free Medical Dictionary Software Program?
Dec 22, 2014

Hello all.  I am wondering if anyone uses a free medical dictionary software and would be willing to share the name.  Thanks! ...

Questions About EMR & Cutting Out The Middleman
Jun 19, 2013

For those lucky enough to work directly for the client (no MTSO) are any EMRs set up for transcription, or do you subscribe to a service to send Word files?  Is it an easy setup?  The only thing holding me back from trying to get my own accounts again is having no tech help for problems that are bound to occur. Any recommendations for services to transmit files and what do they charge. I just can't keep working for .04 cents a line.  It's completely impossible to live ...

What Transcription Software Should I Get?
Apr 10, 2013

I think a common question that brings people to MT forums is "What transcription software should I get?" I recently spent some time trying various software products and here are my experiences. They are just my impressions, but I thought it might help someone else wondering the same question. Transcription Software Impressions. YMMV   Digiscribe - Exhibited erratic pedal operation as if more than one pedal is being pressed at one time. Express Scribe - Loads a lot of addition ...

Transcription Software
Feb 06, 2015

I currently am using FTW to listen to dictation.  Would anyone know of software that you can set the speed and it will keep it there until you want it to change.  I have to keep changing the speed over and over again.   Thanks ...

Philips Transcription Software Help
Mar 31, 2010

I am about to start transcribing for a doctor who uses a hand held Philips 9360 digital recorder.  Can anyone give me some information on what kind of software I need to purchase to transcribe from this?  I've been online trying to find out but there is so much information, and I am not sure what I need to be looking for.  Hope this makes sense!  Thanks in advance. ...

Allscripts EHR Software And Transcription
May 21, 2012

Allscripts EHR software - my acct clinic/hospital is implementing this software - does anyone know how this software will affect my transcription ? ...

Any Suggestions For Transcription Software?
May 16, 2013

Does anyone out there know of a reliable transcription software program that can be downloaded from the internet? Over the years I have used Express Scribe, but after recently downloading to my new computer (Win 8), I have been unable to get any sound. Nothing. Multiple support requests result in the same answer over and over - but still no sound. Really need a reliable (free or low cost) program that works with a foot pedal. Any suggestions? ...

Top Medical Transcription Software
Aug 15, 2014

Does anyone know the best medical transcription software on the market right now? ...

Medical Transcription Typing Software
Nov 01, 2010

Hello - I just found out that Stedman's Smartype has been discontinued by Stedmans plus they will offer no tech support. What are other people using as a similar program? I have really like Smartype by am open to other suggestions. Thanks. BanjoGrammie ...

Transcription Software-Gear Player
Jan 17, 2011

I am curious to know what everyone is using for their transcription software. Is anyone using Gear Player? Is it the best or is WavPedal or something else? It looks like to me from what I have seen on the web that Gear Player is a good one. ...

Transcription Software Olympus DS7000
Jul 24, 2013

Have AS3000 Olympus equipment now. Boss got Olympus DS7000. It produces duplicate files one in voice and another in .XML format. If I get the 7000 transcription software for my end will it still produce duplicate files? Any help appreciated. ...

I Dislike Learning Transcription Software
Feb 04, 2015

Information gets thrown at you through training, and it doesn't all absorb right away, and you don't know what you're doing for a while. i hate that feeling of not being confident working with the software. I've had jobs where all you had to do was look at a list, match it to the patient, and type. (or jobs where very little learning of sofware was involved.). I wish I had a job like that again. Added to the annoyance are the IM programs, punching webclocks, special e-mail p ...

Transcription Software - Any Preference Of Express Scribe Or Gear Player?
Nov 19, 2009

Does anyone have any preference of Express Scribe or Gear player?  Is one better than the other? ...

Transcription Software So That Doctor Can Dictate Into A Digital Recorder From His Office
Apr 20, 2010

Does anybody know of a good software program or system where the doctor can dictate into a digital recorder from his office, upload it to my computer and that I could transcribe using a footpedal (that I already have) and then upload it and send it back to the doctor?  The doctor would like to start using a digital system ASAP, so any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you! ...

Pass Of Free Flow Or Passive Free Flow?
Feb 04, 2011

Negative aspiration and pass of free flow of saline into the peritoneum was observed. or is it passive free flow of saline? ...

Free At Last!!!
Oct 25, 2009

After working for MQ for nearly 5-1/2 years, I'm finally leaving.  The first 5 years were great!  Then they decided to force QAs to do transcription and ASR.  If I wanted to transcribe I would have applied for an MT job.  Not to mention the fact that I was making close to $16 an hour and now this has been reduce to around $11 and sometimes under $8.  It's MQs loss.  It's too bad they don't treat their valuable employees better.  I just love ...

Free At Last!
Nov 11, 2009

I'm giving notice that I'm quitting very soon!  I made good money until the last year or so and I'm leaving this job that I find boring and lonely (and now doesn't even pay well).  I'm going to be working for a doctor as a scribe and getting paid per hour!  Woo-hoo!!  The pay is not great but at least I will be out of the house and doing something a little different.  I will have human interaction too!  I'm burnt out beyond belief, ...

Im Free
May 04, 2010

You know I am no longer with MQ. I did not pass the audit and honestly I really did not care to. I have figured out why bother.  Why kill myself for short checks. I have worked with them for 12 years and I feel so free right now.  I also am working for another company on the side so that helps  :)   ...

Moo Free?
Nov 12, 2010

Is there a type of chondroitin called "Moo free"?  I found it online, but as far as I can tell, it's for dogs. ...

Free At Last Also!
Dec 04, 2012

Judging from some of the recent posts below, there looks to be an exodus of sorts from MModal and MT in general. I have joined that group. I left MModal last month to pursue another at-home job NOT IN MT with flexible schedule, hourly pay, and pays substantially more than what I made at MModal. Don't know what took me so long to "take the plunge" away from MT. After many years of MT with 12 of those years being with Medquist/MModal and the last 7 on the same accounts, I already miss the wo ...

Free At Last ...
Dec 08, 2013

FINALLY! I have finally managed to get out of MT permanently. I'll have to drive 30 minutes each way to work, but I will have the same shift I had working at home only for a guaranteed hourly wage! What an amazing Christmas present! Good luck to all of you who are trying to escape. ...

Free At Last
Nov 11, 2014

I just turned in my resignation.  I am free of the dreaded N at the end of next week. ...

S/l In The Free Fragment
Feb 10, 2010

MRI scan does show an L4-L5 disc and L5-S1 disc in the free fragment in the disc canal.   I am unsure of the part underlined, as I have never head that before. tia.   ...