A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Philips transcription software help - sadiebug523

Posted: Mar 31, 2010

I am about to start transcribing for a doctor who uses a hand held Philips 9360 digital recorder.  Can anyone give me some information on what kind of software I need to purchase to transcribe from this?  I've been online trying to find out but there is so much information, and I am not sure what I need to be looking for.  Hope this makes sense!  Thanks in advance.

Philips digital recorder - LeeNH

[ In Reply To ..]
I would ask what format the voice files will be saved as (.dss, .wav). You can then search out a suitable software for your end. I have the Philips software and foot pedal and I can play multiple file types, so I would think a generic player and USB foot pedal would work. ??

Similar Messages:

Anyone Who Can Help With A Philips 9850
Mar 30, 2010

I feel really stupid right now but I am desperate for help from anyone who knows how to operate a Philips 9850. I just purchased this used.  I have 1 doctor who will call in to dictate on it.  I have installed software that came with it, SpeechExec Dictate 5.0.  I have changed every setting I can imagine and have read both manuals twice. I cannot figure out how to either bypass the user ID prompt, or assign a user ID, so that my doc can call in to dictate.  Do I have t ...

Philips Lfh9399 Pocket Memo Clipping Dictation
Oct 02, 2014

My doctor keeps recording over his dictations but he swears up and down that he is not. I can't find anyone online complaining of the same problem. I have read the manual for his pocket memo dictaphone, but I don't know what he's doing wrong. Is anyone else using this speech exec system and having the same problem? Any solutions? I know he must be backing up and recording over himself but I don't know how he is doing it in order to tell him how to stop doing it. ha.  ...

What Transcription Software Should I Get?
Apr 10, 2013

I think a common question that brings people to MT forums is "What transcription software should I get?" I recently spent some time trying various software products and here are my experiences. They are just my impressions, but I thought it might help someone else wondering the same question. Transcription Software Impressions. YMMV   Digiscribe - Exhibited erratic pedal operation as if more than one pedal is being pressed at one time. Express Scribe - Loads a lot of addition ...

Transcription Software
Feb 06, 2015

I currently am using FTW to listen to dictation.  Would anyone know of software that you can set the speed and it will keep it there until you want it to change.  I have to keep changing the speed over and over again.   Thanks ...

Allscripts EHR Software And Transcription
May 21, 2012

Allscripts EHR software - my acct clinic/hospital is implementing this software - does anyone know how this software will affect my transcription ? ...

Any Suggestions For Transcription Software?
May 16, 2013

Does anyone out there know of a reliable transcription software program that can be downloaded from the internet? Over the years I have used Express Scribe, but after recently downloading to my new computer (Win 8), I have been unable to get any sound. Nothing. Multiple support requests result in the same answer over and over - but still no sound. Really need a reliable (free or low cost) program that works with a foot pedal. Any suggestions? ...

Top Medical Transcription Software
Aug 15, 2014

Does anyone know the best medical transcription software on the market right now? ...

Medical Transcription Typing Software
Nov 01, 2010

Hello - I just found out that Stedman's Smartype has been discontinued by Stedmans plus they will offer no tech support. What are other people using as a similar program? I have really like Smartype by am open to other suggestions. Thanks. BanjoGrammie ...

Transcription Software-Gear Player
Jan 17, 2011

I am curious to know what everyone is using for their transcription software. Is anyone using Gear Player? Is it the best or is WavPedal or something else? It looks like to me from what I have seen on the web that Gear Player is a good one. ...

Transcription Software Olympus DS7000
Jul 24, 2013

Have AS3000 Olympus equipment now. Boss got Olympus DS7000. It produces duplicate files one in voice and another in .XML format. If I get the 7000 transcription software for my end will it still produce duplicate files? Any help appreciated. ...

I Dislike Learning Transcription Software
Feb 04, 2015

Information gets thrown at you through training, and it doesn't all absorb right away, and you don't know what you're doing for a while. i hate that feeling of not being confident working with the software. I've had jobs where all you had to do was look at a list, match it to the patient, and type. (or jobs where very little learning of sofware was involved.). I wish I had a job like that again. Added to the annoyance are the IM programs, punching webclocks, special e-mail p ...

Foot Pedal/transcription Software For Free? I Tried Express But It Said I Need To Buy It Now. Nm
Apr 20, 2015

x ...

Transcription Software - Any Preference Of Express Scribe Or Gear Player?
Nov 19, 2009

Does anyone have any preference of Express Scribe or Gear player?  Is one better than the other? ...

Transcription Software So That Doctor Can Dictate Into A Digital Recorder From His Office
Apr 20, 2010

Does anybody know of a good software program or system where the doctor can dictate into a digital recorder from his office, upload it to my computer and that I could transcribe using a footpedal (that I already have) and then upload it and send it back to the doctor?  The doctor would like to start using a digital system ASAP, so any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you! ...

Free VR Software That I Could Use As A "middleman" To Do Some Of My Transcription For Me?
May 11, 2012

Has anyone tried using VR software to get a rough draft of your transcription that you can then go in and proof to audio personally?  It sound like it would be a great help, but not sure of the logistics - putting the mic up to the speaker, etc...has anyone tried this successfully or am I just wishful thinking?  ...

Need A Software
Sep 17, 2010

Hi!   I need a software for conversion of PC-Dart files to wav.can any one help me plz? ...

Which Software To Use?
Jul 25, 2011

What other programs besides Start/Stop and Express Scribe are out there. For various reasons, I am unable to use either of these programs and need to find something else... but whenever I google "transcription software" all I ever get is hits for those two... I know there must be other software out there. Please help! ...

Best FTP Software?
Oct 06, 2011

Just wondering what is the best FTP software? Possible job opportunity but they want me to have an FTP in place. TIA ...

What Software Is A Must For An MT?
Oct 02, 2012

I have been working as an MT out of the house for a while and am now coming back home to work.  Since I now have to supply my own research resources, etc., can someone tell me what I need to help me with medical terms, spellcheck, ASR short-cuts, etc.   Thanks! ...

Tax Software
Apr 03, 2014

Can anyone recommend a good tax program so I can do my own taxes as an IC? Need one that will figure profit/loss or schedule C I think it is and also home office deduction.  It is getting too expensive to have taxes done and would like to start doing them myself but not sure how complicated it is.  Any suggestions? ...

Software
Nov 18, 2014

What is the best free downloadable transcription software? Or is it all bad? Dictaphone I think won't work, because I don't have a phone line. I need something I can put on a laptop and travel if I have to. ...

Looking For Particular Software
Apr 26, 2015

Does anyone know what foot pedal software has a lightning bolt as its logo/desktop icon?  Any help would be appreciated!  TY! ...

Loading New Software
Jan 14, 2010

Does anybody know if I can download Word Perfect 10 on a Medquist Computer? I would like to compose letters, etc. but do not want to ask support. Thank you. ...

Scary Software
Feb 17, 2010

During my first visit with a new doctor yesterday, I wondered why I was not presented with the usual "book of history" to fill out beforehand.  As the nurse was asking questions, she was busy clicking on pull-down menus, etc.   On her computer screen was software called SOAPware, and there, formatted into SOAP format and all, I saw my replacement.  Later, in the exam room, the FNP was using the software as well as we went along, after exam, labs, etc.  I made a comment ...

MP Count Software?
Mar 17, 2010

I'm currently working as a new IC for a co. that just asked me to invoice them using MP Count software.  They had an .exe application for it on their ftp server, but of course when I transferred it to my computer and tried to load it, it didn't work.  Now when I go to mp word's website, I see that they charge for the software, and there doesn't seem to be any software that ONLY functions as line counting software. Any experience with the softwar ...

Proprietary Software
Apr 02, 2010

Do these companies want you to use their proprietary software on your PC, and how is it installed? ...

Antivirus Software
Jul 14, 2010

anone know what antivirus software is recomended by MQ? ...

Help With Linecounting Software
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated. ...

Grammar Software
Oct 04, 2010

Is there such as thing as grammar/punctuation software?  I just use the Word grammar checker but it seems I spend a lot of time fussing over punctuation. ...

Punctuation Software
Oct 18, 2010

Hi! Could anyone tell me if they use (or have used) any software that helps with punctuation. I have to tell you that that's my weakest point. Any product names you can give me that you think are good, please let me know. I'd need the software to use both with a Mac and PC. Thank you.   ...