A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Recommendations for free line counter software? sm - Need one ASAP

Posted: Jan 11, 2013

I really wish I could use Sylvan but I have Word 2002 and it only utilizes Word 2003 and higher. I was suggested to try Abacus but I cannot find a legitimate download link. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Abacus - Nina

[ In Reply To ..]
Here is a link. I don't know how legitimate this is though.

http://www.4shared.com/file/7vXVFvOb/Abacus_Line_Counter__Invoice__.html

Similar Messages:

Free Line Counter
Nov 29, 2011

I was told there is a free download thru MTSTARS for a line counter.  How do I locate it if it exists?  Thank you.  Jay ...

Anyone Know Of A FREE Downloadable Line Counter?
Feb 24, 2010

Thank you! ...

Free Line Counter For Windows 7?
Nov 17, 2013

Is there a such thing as a free line counter that will work with Windows 7? Thanks. ...

Free Line Counting Software...
Aug 29, 2011

I am looking for software that is a free download to create an invoice from a completed document…like MP Count, which is no longer free.  Does anyone know where I can find one?  I have searched Google, but have come up with only trial downloads that cost after so many days or uses. Thank you in advance :) ...

Free Line Count Software?
Nov 03, 2013

It's been years since I have needed line count software.  In fact, I found an old "disk" - it was a floppy disk, so that's how long it has been!  Anybody know of any free line count software.  I actually don't need it to keep track of all my lines, just so I'm close.  It needs to count separate reports, not just one big document.  I know Word has it's own where it counts characters, but I don't want to have to keep taking my hands off t ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

Line Counter
Apr 14, 2014

Does anyone know of a good simple line counter software program that will count lines (even if only one or two words on the line), plus headers and footers.  I do not need all the invoicing stuff and all that. I had free Abacus version 2.0 for years.  I have a new computer with Windows 7 on it and can no longer download Abacus as they have apparently gone out of business.  Trying to find a replacement, either free or cheap ($20). ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Line Counter For Me?
Dec 28, 2009

I'm not sure what to download   ...

Webmedx Line Counter
Oct 10, 2011

This might need to be on the tech board, but I have a question on the WBX line counts, I just started here.  I am assuming that the number up on the right hand upper corner in black that changes is your line count?  When I do a VR job, I get a negative line count? What the heck is that?  Maybe I am understanding wrong and hoped someone could help me out.  I have typed several jobs and done maybe 5 VR jobs this shift and I have a line count of 43??? WWWAAAHHHH. Also, does eve ...

Line Counter Program?
Jul 14, 2013

I am in need of a line counting and invoicing software program that is compatible with both MSWord 2007 and Windows 8. I must be able to include spaces, designate a specific character line count, and exclude headers/footers. Any suggestions? Thank you. ...

Abacus Line Counter
Feb 09, 2015

I had a computer crash and lost my Abacus line counting program (among other things!).  They obviously are no longer in business as I have tried repeatedly to contact them. Does anyone have the Abacus30.zip file they would be willing to send me?  Any help is very much appreciated. Any recommendations on a different line counting program? ...

Line Counter Compatible With Vista
Oct 25, 2009

does anyone know of a line counter that is compatible with Vista?     ...

Word 2007 Line Counter
Dec 01, 2011

Is there a line counter that works with Windows 7 and Word 2007? What is everyone using now that Abacus is out of business? Thanks!  ...

Good Free Transcribing Software
Mar 15, 2010

I just recently got a new computer over the weekend and when I tried to install my Start Stop software, it failed.  I then downloaded Express Scribe and it worked on dss voice files, but I can't get it to play any of my other voice files. Start stop would play them all. ...

Free Word Counting Software
Aug 14, 2011

I recently got a new computer and don't want to re-purchase my word counting app. Anybody no a free solution? IF there's more than one option, do you know which is best? Thanks! Marty ...

Any Other Free Software Out There Other Than ExpressScribe That's Compatible With Infinity USB
May 20, 2014

Can't get pedal to work on Express Scribe.  Have tried everything.  Are there any other free transcription software/programs I can download?  Thanks.  ...

Anyone Use A Free Medical Dictionary Software Program?
Dec 22, 2014

Hello all.  I am wondering if anyone uses a free medical dictionary software and would be willing to share the name.  Thanks! ...

Foot Pedal/transcription Software For Free? I Tried Express But It Said I Need To Buy It Now. Nm
Apr 20, 2015

x ...

Line Counting Software - 65 Characters Per Line
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is for 65 characters per line with no spaces.  Can't that be done in Microsoft Word as well? ...

Line Count Program Free?
Apr 30, 2012

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good FREE line count program? ...

Are There Any Free Line Count/invoicing Programs Out There?
Apr 09, 2010

I used MP Count on my old computer. Just got new one, and I see it's no longer available. ...

Free VR Software That I Could Use As A "middleman" To Do Some Of My Transcription For Me?
May 11, 2012

Has anyone tried using VR software to get a rough draft of your transcription that you can then go in and proof to audio personally?  It sound like it would be a great help, but not sure of the logistics - putting the mic up to the speaker, etc...has anyone tried this successfully or am I just wishful thinking?  ...

Free Or Cheap Line Count Program Needed
Jun 11, 2011

does any one know of a simple to use free or at least cheap line count program? ...

I Highly Recommend This Free Anatomy Visual Class On Line.
Jun 19, 2010

all you have to do is sign up, its free.  It has visuals where you match the body part names to the skeleton, some powerpoint presentations, some videos and tons of quizzes.  I am taking anatomy and physiology this August on line at my college, and thought this was be a great self starter! heres the link for those who are interested.  I do highly recommend it   http://www.learnanatomyphysiology.com/ ...

Looking For Line Count Software
Dec 06, 2012

Looking for line count software. I'm running Windows 7 and Word 2007, will be upgrading to 2010 soon. Any suggestions? ...

Line Counting Software To Be Used With DocQscribe
Oct 22, 2009

Have any of you ever used software that counts lines produced?  If so, can it be used with DocQScribe?  And would it be able to count ASR? If you have any software names, can you provide them? I'm interested in verifying my line counts.  I don't even know if this would be worthwhile, but I'm curious. Thanks. ...

Line Count/invoice Software For IC
Jan 23, 2010

Does anyone know of a good line counting/invoice software to use with Microsoft Word for independent contractors?  Thanks. ...

Word Line Count Software
Jul 25, 2011

I have been using Sylcount the past year.  If I do computer updates, which generally occur once a month, it seems to make things not work correctly.  Could you suggest other line counting software that you use, please?  I might like to switch.  Thank you. ...

Recommendation For Line Count Software
Jun 15, 2012

I've searched on MTStars high and low already and only get posts that are so old the links no longer work or the product is no longer available. My question is can someone recommend an inexpensive (under $50) Line Counting Software that counts headers/footers?  And could you please include a link so I can find this software?  It does not even have to gin up an invoice but just counts lines (including headers/footers).  Many thanks. ...

Abacus Line-Counting Software
Aug 12, 2012

I've used Abacus Line-Counting software for at least ten or 12 years.  I had to upgrade to a new computer, and I can't find the site to upgrade.  Does anyone know if the company has gone out of business or how to contact them?  If so, is there another line-counting software as good as Abacus?  (I'm now using Windows 7 and Word 2010.)  Thanks for any help you can offer. ...