A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Looking for a company that is compatible with - anMT

Posted: Nov 17, 2011

Windows 7 - 64 bit.  Having a hard time finding a company that accepts this on my computer and I am not currently in a financial position to change this at the moment.  Can anyone recommend a company or platform that is compatible or how I might research this myself?  Thank you very much.

Having the same problem! - oaf

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess we are in the same boat. Upgraded on the advice of IT at my present company and now it is almost impossible to find a company. TTD did - but their pay is on the low side.

Check out Transcend and MedQuist - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Transcend has platforms that are compatible and I believe MQ will soon put out an upgrade to DocQscribe/DocQspeech that will be compatible. Check on each of their websites for specs on system requirements. MQ also will supply computer/equipment

Why on earth would anyone recommend MQ? - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
Geez Louise.
LOUISE, Not a recommendation - just an answer
[ In Reply To ..]
READING COMPREHENSION comes in handy. Try it.

computer - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I sent a link for cheap computers loaded with XP. You can rewrite your computer with XP, but it's really cheaper to buy the whole tower than to buy the program, which isn't going to be available forever. If you want the link email me.

Thx! - anMT

[ In Reply To ..]
much appreciated

Transform - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Not Always Compatible...
Jan 23, 2011

I was going to apply to QED but found that they do not take applicants from California. I was going to apply to Inscribe but apparently their system does not get along with my Win 7 64-bit OS or my MS Word 2010. I'm just glad I didn't go through the testing process before finding this out!  FYI:  MTs, esp. new ones: When you're researching companies, you can save yourself a lot of time and frustration by  checking these basics first.   ...

Does Anyone Know If A 64-bit Computer Is Compatible
Dec 09, 2013

with BTXT?  I've e-mailed support, but figured I might get a quicker answer here.  TIA! ...

Is DocQScribe Compatible With Vista? Nm
Feb 20, 2010

xxx ...

Is SoftScript Compatible With Windows 7? Nm
Apr 03, 2012

ChartNet Compatible With Windows 7?
Jun 22, 2012

Hi all.  Is ChartNet compatible with Windows 7? TIA Bee ...

64 Bit -- Compatible With Transcend/Nuance??
Oct 03, 2012

just got a new computer, and realized the box says 64 bit -- I think i remember being told that is not compatible with the job stuff.  Do you know????  what is that mean anyway, "bit"? ...

Windows 8 And DocQscribe 7.1 Compatible?
Oct 29, 2012

Does anyone know if the new Windows 8 is compatible with DocQscribe 7.1?  I really need a new laptop and see that since the new Windows 8 has come out it is harder to find a new computer with Windows 7 on it.  I'd appreciate anybody's input.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Hiring That Is Compatible With Windows 8 ???
Dec 28, 2012

Asking for a friend ... thanks! ...

Is Editscript Compatible With Windows 8?
Sep 18, 2013

I have been wanting to get a work laptop for a while now, but the only ones i can find are windows 8. Also, will the foot pedal work with this operating system?   Thanks, ire ...

Platform Compatible With Windows 8?
Jan 24, 2014

Does anyone know of a company that uses a platform compatible with Windows 8? ...

If Chartnet Is Compatible With Windows 8?
Feb 19, 2014

Does anyone know if Chartnet is compatible with windows 8?  I am getting so many winsock and other crazy errors everytime Im working with Chartnet - losing productivity.  I do not get these errors with any other software on my PC.  I use XP right now.  I am willing to purchase a new PC if it seems to be an issue with my PC and Chartnet!  My machine is 10+ years old with some updates, 3 GB ram and it shows 256 MB harddrive even though its a 500.  Processor is 2.0.  I know this is a litt ...

What Antivirus Is Compatible With The New Windows
Apr 20, 2014

My fiance put "Viper" on and it was not compatible with escription.  Any ideas?  TIA. ...

Is Mmodfal Compatible With Firefox?
Feb 14, 2015

My IE is real, real slow, so I want to switch to Firefox, but not sure if there will be a problem using MModal with it.  Does anyone know if Firefox can be used as a browser with MModal? ...

Shorthand Is Compatible With Windows 8.1 ?
May 28, 2015

Does anyone know if Shorthand is compatible with Windows 8.1? ...

Escription Compatible With Word 2007?
Oct 12, 2009

Does anyone know if this platform is compatible with Word 2007. Thanks ...

Line Counter Compatible With Vista
Oct 25, 2009

does anyone know of a line counter that is compatible with Vista?     ...

Does Anyone Know Whether Or Not The EMDAT Platform Is Compatible With InstantText? Nm
May 26, 2010

nm ...

Chartscript.net Compatible With Instant Text?
Jun 22, 2010

The company I work for is switching to Chartscript.net today. I have asked if this new platform is compatible with Instant Text and the answer I received is basically they believe it is, but will not know until I go into the program. Does anyone here work with Chartscript.net? We previously used Chartscript which is word-based and very user-friendly, however, Chartscript.net platform is not. Any feedback is much appreciated!  ...

Is Windows 7 In XP Mode Compatible With Editscript
Nov 01, 2010

Hi there. I have taken a job with a company who uses editscript which they tell me is only compatible with Windows XP. I am running Windows 7. On microsofts home page they have a download that will allow you to run 7 in XP mode for compatibility with older programs. I wondered if anyone has tried this or had any experience with this issue and editscript. I could just load a second OS on my computer but this download woud be much simpler and cheaper. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank ...

Is Chartnet Compatible With Autotext And Autocorrect
Jan 31, 2011

Is Chartnet compatible with autotext and autocorrect used MS Word 2003 and later? I know that Chartnet has its own expander program, but I am not sure if I could use my autocorrect entries and autotext from Word in Chartnet, would it be easy to move them into that. I am not sure if I am posting on the right board, since this is only a question on this and not asking for technical help on how to do it, if it could be done. TIA. ...

Expander Programs That Are Compatible With Bayscribe?
Feb 15, 2011

Does anyone know if there is an expansion program that is compatible with Bayscribe?  I was going to sign up for the free trial with IntelliType but the rep said it's compatible with only Word programs and I don't believe Bayscribe is word-based (if it is, please feel free to correct me on that!). Does anyone know if InstanText or any of the other expander programs compatible with Bayscribe? TIA! ...

Is Windows 7 Compatible With MS Word 2003?
Jun 07, 2011

thanks ...

Companies Compatible With Office 2013
Jun 04, 2014

I've noticed that some companies are insisting on 2007 or 2010 Office systems, depending on what their platforms support.  I currently work for a company whose platform is compatible with Office 2013, which is what I have on my PC, but we're running out of work more and more.  I need to find another company that will accept Office 2013.  Are there are any others out there? ...

Is Shorthand Compatible With Emdat/Inscribe? Nm
Sep 16, 2014

Xxxx ...

Does Anyone Know If Nuance Platforms Are Compatible With Office 365?
Oct 26, 2014

Hello.  I am looking into a job with Nuance and am wondering if their platforms are compatible with Microsoft Office 365?  I was told by the recruiter I need at minimum Microsoft Word 2007 Professional.  I have Microsoft Office 2003 Student/Teacher right now and I would rather get all the programs if I could.  That is where the question is coming from.  Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Know If EMDAT/Inscribe Is Compatible With Windows 8.1?
Nov 27, 2014

I have a Windows 8 currently in the process of automatic updating and I am afraid it wont work with EMDAT/Inscribe. ...

Production Software Compatible With M-Modal
May 08, 2015

Is M-Modal compatible with any production software?  If so, is there a preferred vendor?   It's unbelievable that we are paid on production but given a platform with no production tools.   I appreciate any information, tips, advice on building more production on the M-Modal platform.  Thanks! ...

Is Escription Compatible With Word/windows 2007?
Jul 12, 2010

Hello!  My laptop just went kaput and I want to buy a new one but all of the computers these days come with windows 2007/word 7.  Does anyone know if escription is compatible with this operating system?  Does anyone know how to contact escription to find out? ...

Windows 7 Compatible Software/foot Pedal
Sep 14, 2010

Hi, My 3-year-old Windows XP laptop crashed on Monday; thankfully my 7-year-old Windows XP desktop still chugs along (slowly) and I've been able to do my transcription work without a glitch (for the most part). However, I need to get a new laptop, and I'm going to be buying a Windows 7 laptop. My boyfriend already has a Windows 7 and he is testing my transcription software and foot pedal on the virtual Windows XP mode that Windows 7 Professional comes with. The problem is that while ...

Expanders Got A New Laptop Used Stedman Smarttype Before But It Is Not Compatible
Oct 11, 2010

Hello what do you all use for expanders? I need something that I do not have to memorize abbreviations (I am losing my mind as it is lol), something that will give me choices that I can actually see, something that has its own base of medical/nonmedical words to choose from. Is there anything like that? THANKS!!!!!!!!! ...