A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

paying by gross line - justme

Posted: Oct 16, 2013

Does anyone know companies that pay by gross line?

Nope, sorry. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

M2MD or something like that advertises they pay 8 cpl sm - per gross line

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a discussion about them at the bottom of the page.

Similar Messages:

Gross Line Versus 65 Character Line
Aug 19, 2010

Anyone know if 5 cents per gross line is good or not? Better than 10 cents a 65 character line??   A company is offering this to me & says that at least 1/2 of every report is templated but you still get paid for it.  I make 10 cents a 65 character line with the company I work for at this time.  Please advise so I can make a decision to test or not with them.  ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

4.5 Cpl For A Gross Line?
Aug 19, 2012

Considering taking a new job but wondering if I'd be getting screwed.  Owner is offering 4.5 cpl for a gross line, and they use the line count function in Word to count their lines.  On the sample test document they have their margins stretched about as far as they can go.  I make 8 cpl right now on a 65 character line, typing in Word, and by the formula I'm paid by now it looks like 4.5 cpl would be almost half of what I'm making now for the same document.  Ow ...

Can You Recommend An Accurate Line Counting Program For Gross Lines?
Mar 10, 2010

I have been using MPCount for several years but recently upgraded to a new laptop & it will not work on it - incompatible. I tried out their new trial version of MPTools but it does not count my gross lines the same & I would be losing more $ than I would like with it. There is something programmed into the newer version that counts differently somehow. (That was even confirmed with the person who produced this program.) Are there any other line counting software programs out t ...

Transcription Doctors' Ad For Paying 3 Cents A Line
Apr 16, 2012

Hey, I thought the moderator "unposted" the jobs that were posted here if they paid less than 4 cents a line.  I wonder whatever happened to that?  It seems like I read that somewhere, anyhow.  At 3 cents a line, TTD is  beginning to bump up against the states' minimum wages.  The only way that I see that they will be able to get around that is by saying they will hire independent contractors only, and I don't think we are all so stupid as to take 3 ...

I Found Out What Hospitals Are Actually Paying Nuance Per Line
May 20, 2015

Recently found out that two Chicagoland hospitals who outsourced to Nuance are paying them a whopping 15 to 15.5 cents per line for VR.  With this being an almost virtual world now and very little overhead, it is a terrible injustice for Nuance to pay their MTs only a fraction/peanuts of what they are getting paid.  While Nuance owners are laughing all the way to the bank, it is time for every Nuance MT to formulate a "get out of jail/Nuance" plan ASAP. I was told ...

My Thoughts Regarding A Company Paying 6 Cent Per Line For Transcription.
Oct 20, 2010

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Wages were more than that 15 years ago!!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Tee hee hee hee hee.  You just might get a newbie but you certainly will not keep them long!!!! Oh, ho ho ho ho.  HA HA HA HA!  Why don't you hire a brain surgeon for $30,000 a year?  He he he he he.  Above minimum wage; he should be impressed.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Wait - there is more.  Hohohohoho, hahahahahahahahahaha.  I ju ...

What Does "LIAL" Stand For In Relation To Gross Line Rate?
Apr 08, 2011

There is an ad on the job board paying by the gross line with the initials LIAL in parentheses after the words "gross line."  What does this mean? ...

VR Gross Out
Jun 19, 2010

Ironically, the VR put in exactly what it sounded like. VR:  "...then had a significant episode of diarrhea, several cups in the mouth." I changed it to 'in amount' Dontcha love accents!! ...

How Can Gross Lph Be More Than Net Lph?
Feb 17, 2011

Got my ASR production report. My net lph is 100 lines greater than my gross lph. The definition of gross is the the total before any deductions. The definition of net is gross minus deductions. Good grief. This is my report from last week. Last week I really put my nose to the grind stone and gave it full effort in the hopes that it would be reflected in my count. Nada, nothing. My count was exactly the same as when I don't have my nose to the grind stone. They want your hand o ...

Gross Pay?
Nov 09, 2011

How are supposed to determine our gross pay from our pay stubs?  I'm in the process of filling out an application that asks for my gross pay, and I franky don't know.  I can't even tell if I'm getting minimum wage for my state. ...

Gross
Mar 20, 2014

I just had a speaker burp and didn't say "Excuse me." The things we put up with as an MT. ...

What Is Our Gross Pay?
Dec 17, 2014

On the new pay grid, it's broken down and then it says total compensable lines and then a dollar amount. Is that dollar amount the pay for the week? If so mine is like $200 lower than usual. I hope I'm reading this wrong. ...

Gross Encolongitis?
Sep 08, 2010

P-ANCAs are seen in autoimmune GI diseases such as autoimmune hepatitis, s/l "gross encolongitis" and inflammatory bowel disease.  I cannot find anything close online, so I'm assuming I'm way off...any ideas? ...

Gross, Disgusting And Abusive
Jun 16, 2011

Just typed a report that I can honestly say is probably the most disgusting dictation I have ever done in 30 years.  Dictator (ha ha - joke!) was chomping very loudly on chips, rustling bag and sucking and sloberring.  If I were talking to a person doing that I would walk away so fast she would choke on her own slobber.   Listening to it is abuse in my opinion. ...

C5-T1 Gross ___ Sensation Is Intact
Dec 07, 2012

C5-T1 gross ___ sensation is intact ...

Gross Versus Custom Lines
Jan 29, 2013

There Were 8 Through-and-through Injuries Of Th Small Bowel With Gross Spillage
May 10, 2010

of s/l "suck-a-sue-tericus" throughout the perintoneum.  ...

3rd Week With NJA, But Ineligible For Food Stamps Due To Gross Pay. Depressed.
Jan 05, 2014

while the managers and higher ups collect their checks with no problems.  Got to find another job SOON.  ...

On Bilateral Lower Extremity Exam, She Has 5/5 Gross Motor Strength For Hip Flexors, Abductors, Exte
Sep 05, 2013

I know "tiban" isn't correct.  What is it?  Thanks. ...

Paying For Course
May 28, 2013

Has anyone found any type of loan to pay for your coding programs at Andrews or Career Step that has lower payments than the school payment plans? I'm not saying their price is unreasonable. I just can't afford the payments or to pay outright.   Thanks, Kat ...

We Will All End Up Paying For Benchmark KB Etc!!!!
Mar 11, 2010

So we are all expecting to get the Benchmark KB etc etc....but did anyone but me notice that it says for 2010? I will bet that that means we will have it free for the remainder of 2010 and then have to pay something to keep it after 2010. ...

SS Paying Early
Jan 21, 2011

Waiting with baited breath for someone to repost all of the SS pays early testimonies.  cracking me up - its always good to laugh uncontrollably. anyone ever read a P&P manual? ignorance is bliss.  ...

Paying To Being An MT - Worth It?
Jul 18, 2011

Hello forum users! I am currently very interested in the MT field.  I am a fast typist, excellent speller, I have a good grasp of grammar, etc.  I am eyeing a course offered online, it seems professional and excellent and all that.  The whole thing seems perfect for me!  I would like to work from home and make my own hours while doing this. However, I recently spoke to a neighbor who is an MT, and she is losing her job to a machine.  She also claims that her MT friend ...

Any Companies Paying 9 Cpl Or Above? Sm
Oct 05, 2011

I've been looking at the job ads and have noticed a trend of very low cpl being offered.  Are there still any companies out there paying 9 or above?  I'm tired of wasting my time testing for companies only to find out during the interview process that they're only willing to pay 7 or 8 cpl.  Thanks! ...

Is The Q Paying Every Other Friday Now?
Dec 27, 2011

It used to be twice a month so I'm wondering if the every other Friday is true?  TIA ...

Is 3-T Paying For Windows 7 Pro?
Oct 16, 2012

I have to pay for it and yet others hired for 3-T say the company is paying for it.  Interesting.... ...

You'd Think They Would Get Tired Of Paying So Much UE
Jan 20, 2013

Wouldn't that give somebody in payroll or human resources a CLUE that there is a problem? ...

Not Paying For Spaces
Feb 04, 2013

I've seen it posted in various threads that companies are not paying for typing spaces. I can't get my head around that. What's their rationale? It's a keystroke, just like any letter or number. ...

Best Paying Jobs
Mar 01, 2014

I have been a working MT since 1989.   I make $400-500 a week.   I work approximately 6 hours  a day for this.    Is this an accurate pay?    I would like to hear from other MTs and what are the best paying companies to work for.    ...