A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

counting lines in work 2010 - moe

Posted: Feb 22, 2011

word 2010 counts all lines, including those with no characters transcribed.  Is there a way to modify so that only lines with characters typed are counted?

Can you use character ct (w or w/ spaces depending on how - you are pd) and divide by whatever SM

[ In Reply To ..]
makes up a line for your MTSO? Counting lines, not characters, gives you gross line ct, which not many pay on now.

Similar Messages:

Some Questions About Counting Lines: (sm)
Jul 22, 2010

I've started monitoring my line counts against what my company comes up with on a few random reports.  I have a couple questions: -  I've counted lines vs characters with both my company's line counter, and the Microsoft Word line counter (In the top toolbar:  "Tools", "Word Count").  There's a slight discrepancy, and I wondered if any of you notice the same amount of difference: If counting lines, Microsoft comes up with considerably more than my compan ...

Counting Pended Lines
Mar 05, 2015

So far this week, I have pended 300 lines to QC -- all VR lines -- those are the *actual* lines.  If counted as converted lines, then it's only 150 lines.  Do they "convert" those pended lines for VR?  They should - if we don't get paid for a full line of VR, then we shouldn't get charged for pending full VR lines.  Dontcha think?? ...

Can You Recommend An Accurate Line Counting Program For Gross Lines?
Mar 10, 2010

I have been using MPCount for several years but recently upgraded to a new laptop & it will not work on it - incompatible. I tried out their new trial version of MPTools but it does not count my gross lines the same & I would be losing more $ than I would like with it. There is something programmed into the newer version that counts differently somehow. (That was even confirmed with the person who produced this program.) Are there any other line counting software programs out t ...

Good Line Counting/word Counting Program
Nov 12, 2010

I think I may have seen this discussed on here before but I can't seem to find the posts. I am looking for a good line counting/word counting program. TIA for any and all suggestions! ...

Word 2010 - Change My Font And Spacing In Word 2010
May 09, 2015

I have to change my font and spacing in Word 2010. How do you change it so that it takes the settings for every document I create. I want it defaulted to Times New Roman and it keeps bringing up Calibri. Thanks for any help! ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

Counting
Apr 15, 2010

Anyone know of a good software that automatically counts your character/line for you...  Other than the word count feature in Microsoft? I am looking software that you can load all the files and folders in, and it computes the grand total. This will save me time, and maybe I can keep better track of what I am making in each payperiod.  Thanks to anyone who can help. ...

Line Counting In EMR
Nov 09, 2010

Looking for MTs out there that work from home and type directly into patient EMR record. Do you then charge by the line and if so, how do you count your document if you have typed it directly into EMR? ...

Counting The Days
Apr 02, 2012

I'm hoping to transition out of MT this summer and I just can't wait. Just got nitpicked over how many spaces I put after periods. Really?! BOS says 1 or 2 is fine as long as you're consistent. Sick of listening to the ESL dictator who replaced a prolific dictator that spoke English clear as a bell. Had it with the folks who make up abbreviations that don't exist (HLD = Hyper Lipi Demia?), the people who don't spell difficult names, and the dictators that are so ...

Counting Software?
Sep 11, 2012

I have used Abacus SE for years, but it has started messing up and is not counting all reports.  I was going to reinstall the software, but it is apparently no longer available.  Is there a good, simple-to-use line counting software that will include headers (including headers on the second page - I've found Sylcount does not do that)?  Thanks! ...

Counting Software.
Dec 01, 2014

Is there a line-counting software that is very accurate and that will count doctors individually?  I have an account with three doctors.  They require a breakdown of each doctor's amount when I bill.  I currently use FlashCount, which doesn't have this feature, unless I just cannot figure it out. ...

Is There A Counting Software That Will - Sm
Dec 22, 2014

count subfolders separately?  I need to provide a total line count for 3 doctors, but with a breakdown and separate total for each doctor.  The only software I can find does not have this feature.  I have to count each doctor separately and then manually add it up and create the invoice.  ...

Line Counting Wordperfect
May 10, 2010

Mistake of working for friend doing subcontracting.  I am paid 13 cpl but very hard to hear doctor; it's on tape, takes forever to type.  Main issue is that she says I should use Wordperfect's line count, but when I recently compared it to my line counter, Practicount, there is a difference - not huge but enough that it's bothering me.  Question is does anyone know if Wordperfect's line counting is correct and includes spaces?  TIA. ...

Question Regarding Line Counting
Jul 30, 2010

I've been a transcriptionist for 15 years now and just the last year working at home being paid by line.  My new boss thinks I'm screwing them over with my lines and wants to discuss with me next week about how I shouldn't be getting paid for certain documents.  So my question is this.  Some of the doctors when doing a discharge summary for example will have me take the admission h&p and then add the discharge onto the end of it.  I will probably ...

TT Line Counting 2 Different Programs
Oct 18, 2010

Anyone noticing differences in the counts of these 2 programs that TT has?  First the MT monitor WAS giving better counts than Ichart.  Now after months it is reverse.  I get the feeling that it is being reprogrammed so we get shortchanged--as usual.   Years ago working for a small company we had an account that gave you 5 lines for the demographics and the hidden footer was 1 line.  Then the big company came along, TS from Georgia, and THEIR program conde ...

Sylcount Line Counting ??
Oct 25, 2010

I am going to be starting a new job and they use Sylcount to count lines in MS Word. How different is this compared to just using the line counter built in MS Word? Thanks for any info...have never used anything other than MS Word for counting lines in my eight years of transcription! ...

QASAR Line Counting??
May 21, 2011

Does anyone have any knowledge of what this qasar dep line counting means?  the technology part of the email states something to the fact that it replaces the old line counting method.  geez, i cannot keep up with their terminology and then to boot they send it out on friday afternoon when they know there is no chance we could get a hold of a ccm.  I have a funny feeling they are going to subtract whatever errors we have with or without an audit from our paycheck because ...

Line Counting Programs
May 29, 2012

I am having trouble finding a food line counting program. I have downloaded 4 different "trial" versions and they all come out differently. I am currently working with a company who uses Sylcount and I find that they may be underpaying me because of the differences in software programs.  Can anyone help.  I really don't want to have to print and count lines manually even though this is a very small account. ...

Counting Down The Days Till I Am Out Of Here
Oct 05, 2012

Another morning spent losing money filling in blanks for the Indians because they will not even TRY and their QA people just shunt the work on to me, well the end is in sight.  I have an escape plan and in 7 months or less I will be done with MT forever.  And I'm never going to look back either.  I knew it was time to get out the day I realized how completely insignificant being a medical transcription is.  I used to think it was an important job, but a few months ago I ...

Bulk Line Counting
Oct 29, 2013

Does anyone know of a line counting method or software (besides Sylcount) that will let you highlight a bunch of files at once and give you a line count breakdown for each file?  ...

Line Counting Software To Be Used With DocQscribe
Oct 22, 2009

Have any of you ever used software that counts lines produced?  If so, can it be used with DocQScribe?  And would it be able to count ASR? If you have any software names, can you provide them? I'm interested in verifying my line counts.  I don't even know if this would be worthwhile, but I'm curious. Thanks. ...

Free Word Counting Software
Aug 14, 2011

I recently got a new computer and don't want to re-purchase my word counting app. Anybody no a free solution? IF there's more than one option, do you know which is best? Thanks! Marty ...

Free Line Counting Software...
Aug 29, 2011

I am looking for software that is a free download to create an invoice from a completed document…like MP Count, which is no longer free.  Does anyone know where I can find one?  I have searched Google, but have come up with only trial downloads that cost after so many days or uses. Thank you in advance :) ...