A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can SpeedType be used in EMDAT platform? - LindaH

Posted: Jul 31, 2014

I am thinking about taking a position using an EMDAT platform.  This is not a big company, just a nice woman who works from home and employs a number of transcriptionists.  I have never worked in a platform, so really have no clue what this entails.  My biggest concern is being able to use SpeedType, as I have thousands of entries and rely on it heavily to do my work.  The thought of using another word expander, building a dictionary, etc., does not thrill me.   The owner of the company thought there is a way to import my own word expander.  Or can it just be used without importing?

Thanks for your help.

I believe you can - SM - Diane

[ In Reply To ..]
My PC Shorthand works with Inscribe - and I believe Speed Type is the same kind of program with the spf dictionaries.

Similar Messages:

Emdat Platform
Oct 12, 2009

Is this system difficult. Is it voice recognition? ...

How Is The Emdat Platform? Nm. Thanks.
Apr 02, 2015

x ...

Has Anyone Used Emdat/Inscribe Platform
Jun 12, 2011

Has anyone used Emdat/Inscribe platform, if so how is it?  I'm not familiar with this and wondering how it is to use.  TIA. ...

Emdat Platform Question
Mar 07, 2012

Our team leader emailed us today to say that they are looking into a new platform called Emdat.  Does anybody have any experience using this software that they can share?  Thank you so much.  Kim.  ...

Does Anyone Know Whether Or Not The EMDAT Platform Is Compatible With InstantText? Nm
May 26, 2010

nm ...

EMDAT Inscribe Platform. Info Please
Mar 15, 2012

I just installed this on my computer.  Wow, I was dumfounded.  I have trained to learn Escription, DocQScribe, Pscribe and Chartnet.  I really don't think I am that stupid to learn a new platform, but this has to be the most complicated program I have ever seen.  I did not give up right away -- that is not in my nature.  But after struggling for about 2 hours, I finally gave up.  Honestly if they tried, I don't think the maker of this program could have ma ...

Any Companies That Use Emdat Inscribe Platform?
Feb 05, 2014

Hi...in spite of prior negative remarks about this platform, in my opinion it can't be easier. So simple and convenient. I think my job as an IC is going to be eliminated without warning and am doing a preliminary job search. Anyone know of any companies that are decent and use the Emdat Inscribe platform? I wonder, since Nuance owns Emdat....you don't suppose only Nuance can use the platform? ...

Looking For Medical Transcription Job Using The Emdat Platform
Jun 02, 2014

Looking for medical transcription job using the Emdat platform.  Any suggestions?     ...

Emdat Platform Install Question...
Aug 30, 2014

Do you know if IE 10 is compatible to install Emdat?   Feedback please if I need to remove and downgrade IE to 9.  I have IE 10 and download would not complete.  Thanks. ...

Seeking Some Basic Help On How To Use Emdat Inscribe Platform
Jan 10, 2014

Would anyone be interested in helping me learn the basics on how to use the inscribe emdat platform?  There is a job I could have only they do not offer training; it is all done by your own by reading the manual.  I am not so good at understanding things that way and just have a few questions... Just throwing this out there... If anyone is willing, please email me through MTStars.  Thank you for consideration, BansheeMT ...

Emdat Platform? Any Comments On User Friendly?
Aug 29, 2014

a ...

Does Anyone Work For The Australian Company NTS? Or Use The Emdat Platform?
Apr 28, 2015

I can't find a lot about them in the archives. They are definitely not Nuance. I'm not familiar with the Emdat platform, either, and would appreciate opinons on that. I just got an offer from them and am seriously considering it. They cannot be worse that the American MTSOs. Can they? Thanks so much. ...

Emdat InScribe - Companies Besides Phoenix And ZyloMed That Use This Platform?
Apr 20, 2010

Anyone know of companies besides Phoenix and ZyloMed that use this platform? ...

I Will Be Starting Soon For A Company That Uses The Emdat Platform, Is This Easy To Learn, Etc.? Sm
Oct 16, 2014

I have never worked for a company that uses a platform before, always an FTP site and word, so this is new to me.  Is it hard to learn, easy to count line count, etc.?? I am bringing up old messages here that say nothing but negative about it and I'm starting to get nervous, but those were from 2008 or so, so maybe it's better now??  ...

How Do You Perform A Search On Prior Reports In The EMDAT/Inscribe Platform?
Mar 19, 2013

I am looking for a way to search for terms and/or phrases across all reports using the Prior Report feature in the EMDAT/Inscribe program. For example, I pull up the prior progress notes for Dr. **** because I am looking for some of the phrases he uses in the Physical Exam section or a particular phrase or a word, etc. Is there a search feature where I can type in “Physical Exam” and the program will search and stop on each of these instances from the prior report listing until I fin ...

SpeedType Question
Jun 01, 2010

Hi All.   I have an opportunity to purchase SpeedType and have been reading about it some.  Currently I use just the expander or Autocorrect that comes with Word to make little handy helpful hints for words I use lots.  Can anyone tell me the advantages of Speedtype versus what comes with Word, pros and cons, etc..   Thanks ...

SH10 And Speedtype 10
Sep 22, 2011

I have used   shorthand (various editions for years).  I had problems with it on my new computer and switched over to Speedtype 10.  I had trouble getting SP10 to accept the files I switched from Shorthand.  Now, shorthand is acting like a child.  When I close it out, I get a message that says ST10 .exe not functioning and it freezes my computer.  The same goes for Speedtype.  Has anyone else had this problem?  It started on both all of a sudden and t ...

Editscript 9.12 And SpeedType 10.01b
May 17, 2012

I am working on EditScript 9.12 and SpeedType 10.01b on my PC with Windows XP Pro and Word 2007 with very few problems.   I bought a new computer which uses Windows 7 and Word 2003 and cannot get SpeedType to work on the new machine.  I have talked to SpeedType and they say it is the Editscript platform causing the problems because SpeedType works in Word, wordpad, email, everything except Editscript.  Is anyone out there using Windows 7, Word 2003 and EditScript 9.12.  ...

SpeedType Question?
Oct 03, 2012

I just installed SpeedType & I am FRUSTRATED!  Could someone pleeeeease give me the specific steps to copy a block of text that you have just typed into the SpeedType dictionary?  I work for a company that promised 90% editing, 10% transcription, but so far it has been 100% transcription, and there are no templates for the big 4!  And since we're not supposed to cut & paste anymore, I got SpeedType so I could make my own templates, ONLY I CAN'T MAKE IT WORK!!!&nb ...

Speedtype Vs Smartype
Oct 16, 2013

Since the old Smartype does not support Windows 7 or 8, only XP, I bought the new (not Stedman's anymore) Smartype.  It is not very good at all.  I contacted Speedtype, which looked really great, similiar to the old Smartype (I can macro large blocks of text for OP reports) and spoke with the CEO!!! REALLY?? She was fabulous and told me there was a shortcut to get your old blocks of text into Speedtype without cutting and pasting.  I have not tried the 15 day trial period yet ...

Instant Text Or SpeedType?
Mar 16, 2010

I just got a new computer, Windows 7 64-bit and my SmartType does not work.  I need a new program and I was looking at Instant Text and SpeedType.  Does anybody have those and which one is better????  Appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!! Lori ...

Shorthand Versus Speedtype
Sep 06, 2013

I'm trying to decide on an expander and already eliminated IT as beyond my capabilities.  I'm looking now at SH or ST. Can anyone explain to me what differences there are between these 2 programs?  I'm flipping back and forth between the 2 websites and am I missing something or are they essentially the exact same program but one is less expensive? Also, can anyone tell me if either or both of these programs allow identical names for abbreviations or do they require dis ...

Emdat Compatible With EMDAT And Stedman's
Jan 02, 2010

Does anyone know if Windows 7 is compatible with Emdat AND Stedman's Smarttype? Thanks ...

License For Speedtype Was No Longer Valid
Feb 23, 2013

I am currently an Exact-Med student.  They give each student Speedtype.  I had been using it, but my husband updated our Soundcard and then it said that my license for Speedtype was no longer valid.  So I had to purchased a new llicense for a "new computer" since by updating the sound card it changed settings on our hard disk.  Then we went on vacation and turned our computer off for 2 weeks and when I restarted it, it says my license is not good anymore....don't know why, but apparentl ...

How To Add "-year-old" Entry To SpeedType?
Jan 29, 2011

Can someone please tell me how to add "-year-old" entry to SpeedType? New to this program. Thanks! ...

EMDAT?
Nov 04, 2010

Any opinions on this platform welcome.  I searched and found some older posts, but not sure if the platfor has improved.  Thanks for your help!  ...

EMDAT MT
Nov 10, 2010

Hello!!  I was just wondering if anyone could help me out and let me know if you know what companies use EMDAT.  Thanks so much!! ...

Is Anyone Using Emdat?
Jul 19, 2011

Hello everybody:  Just wondering if anyone out there is using Emdat?  If so, what can you tell me about it?  Are you happy?  Was it a good move? ...

Looking For EMDAT
Jun 05, 2012

I'm currently searching for a new job, but I'm trying to stay with companies that use EMDAT, as this is my most recent experience and what I'm most comfortable with.  In just doing internet searches, I've managed to find a few, but none of them are hiring right now.  Does anyone out there know of any other companies using EMDAT that I can check and see if they're hiring? ...

Anyone Using EMDAT - Can You Tell Me How To
Jun 11, 2012

put -year-old into autotext so that I can just type yo after the number and have it work out?  I've been trying to figure this out and I can't get it to work.  TIA :-) ...