A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Emdat compatible with EMDAT and Stedman's - KG

Posted: Jan 02, 2010

Does anyone know if Windows 7 is compatible with Emdat AND Stedman's Smarttype? Thanks

The Emdat platform is not OS dependent - currentuser

[ In Reply To ..]
I am currently using Vista and love it much better than when I was using XP. You are supposed to be able to use SS through Word in Emdat, but the draw back is that may have to figure out what voice player to install to get voice to play while you are in Word. Also, I lost my Smartype installation disk and I would have to purchase a new program (which is reported not to be supported by Win 7 or Vista) to use it on my Vista computer. I am using Shorthand, which works although I have to be careful because it is not fully compatible in Emdat and I can get some strange expansions without realizing it.

Emdat - KG

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the answer. I almost bought a really nice laptop but if I cannot use express scribe or my SS, I could not work. I better find an old XP.

Emdat - currentuser

[ In Reply To ..]
Emdat gives you the choice of which player to use while you work. It all depends on which players are loaded on your computer. I had more players on my old computer than I have on my new one. I don't like Emdat's player at all. I found out really fast not to use Express Scribe with Emdat. The files pull into ES, but the identifying information doesn't so you don't know by looking at ES which voice file belongs to which transcription job in Emdat. You could attach the wrong transcript to the wrong header really easily, plus it can make Emdat crash.

I use MediaPlayer 7 within Emdat. If I want to listen to voice while I am browshing another window while Emdat is minimized, I have no control over the voice file. If I can load in an older version of MP, then I could listen outside of Emdat.

I only attach to MS-Word through Emdat when I want to spellcheck a document. Their spellchek is terrible and cannot be trusted.

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Know Whether Or Not The EMDAT Platform Is Compatible With InstantText? Nm
May 26, 2010

nm ...

Is Shorthand Compatible With Emdat/Inscribe? Nm
Sep 16, 2014

Xxxx ...

Does Anyone Know If EMDAT/Inscribe Is Compatible With Windows 8.1?
Nov 27, 2014

I have a Windows 8 currently in the process of automatic updating and I am afraid it wont work with EMDAT/Inscribe. ...

Expanders Got A New Laptop Used Stedman Smarttype Before But It Is Not Compatible
Oct 11, 2010

Hello what do you all use for expanders? I need something that I do not have to memorize abbreviations (I am losing my mind as it is lol), something that will give me choices that I can actually see, something that has its own base of medical/nonmedical words to choose from. Is there anything like that? THANKS!!!!!!!!! ...

EMDAT?
Nov 04, 2010

Any opinions on this platform welcome.  I searched and found some older posts, but not sure if the platfor has improved.  Thanks for your help!  ...

EMDAT MT
Nov 10, 2010

Hello!!  I was just wondering if anyone could help me out and let me know if you know what companies use EMDAT.  Thanks so much!! ...

Is Anyone Using Emdat?
Jul 19, 2011

Hello everybody:  Just wondering if anyone out there is using Emdat?  If so, what can you tell me about it?  Are you happy?  Was it a good move? ...

Looking For EMDAT
Jun 05, 2012

I'm currently searching for a new job, but I'm trying to stay with companies that use EMDAT, as this is my most recent experience and what I'm most comfortable with.  In just doing internet searches, I've managed to find a few, but none of them are hiring right now.  Does anyone out there know of any other companies using EMDAT that I can check and see if they're hiring? ...

Anyone Using EMDAT - Can You Tell Me How To
Jun 11, 2012

put -year-old into autotext so that I can just type yo after the number and have it work out?  I've been trying to figure this out and I can't get it to work.  TIA :-) ...

EMDAT
Apr 12, 2014

Would somebody be willing to tell me a little bit about EMDAT?  I have never used the software and from what I've heard, it is very simple and productive.  I find it to be just the opposite. Is dictation completed using a foot pedal or is it geared for keyboard controls only?  Is word-expander software utilizable with EMDAT. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lynette     ...

Need Help - Emdat
May 07, 2014

Just started job doing VR using Emdat ShadowScribe II. Finding the editing very difficult on this platform. Any suggestions, thanks! ...

Emdat Platform
Oct 12, 2009

Is this system difficult. Is it voice recognition? ...

Vista And EMDAT...
Dec 09, 2009

For those that use Vista and EMDAT/Inscribe, have you had problems downloading and using the platform?  If so, what issues did you encounter?  Thanks!! ...

Can Vista And EMDAT Be Used Together? Are There Any
Dec 09, 2009

nm ...

EMDAT UPGRADE
Jan 27, 2010

I am currently using EMDAT as my platform. My company recently upgraded from 4.95 to 4.96. I keep getting a Microsoft error every time I try to upgrade. I called EMDAT, and they told me it was because I use a broadband Satellite internet connection??? They can't help me. Now what? Is it possible to take my PC to my friend's place where she has a different internet connection (cable) and upgrade from there? I need this done ASAP for work. Thanks for your help! ...

Does Anyone Use EMDAT Or Have In The Past?
Mar 17, 2010

Does anyone use EMDAT or have in the past?  What do you think about it?  Thanks for any information. ...

Help With Emdat Inscribe
Apr 15, 2010

I've had to reinstall Inscribe and am trying to copy my autotext from a disk into the program. Any suggestions? ...

EMDAT/Word
Jun 16, 2010

With the newest version of EMDAT, can you type in Word and paste into Emdat, as long as there are no generated fields and it is just straight type? ...

EMDAT QUESTION
Jun 23, 2010

I have a question.  I currenlty work on EMDAT and I am thinking about taking a parttime job with another company that uses EMDAT.  Can I use the EMDAT on the system I am currently working on as long as I put in another user name, password, and company code or do I need to load it and work on a different system? Thanks. ...

Emdat Inscribe Help
Jul 20, 2010

I just started a job using Emdat Inscribe, and my footpedal I ordered hasn't come in yet, so I have been using the function keys to play audio.  I have been doing this for about a week now with no problem, but today I log in to work though and the keys are no longer working.  The only way I can get the audio to play is by using the mouse.  Anyone know why this may be?  I haven't changed any of the settings, so I am not sure why they won't work now.  TIA. ...

Can Emdat Run On Windows 7?
Mar 16, 2011

I just purchased a new computer that runs on Windows 7.  Can the Emdat program run on Widows 7? Thanks, kd ...

EMDAT Company
Oct 10, 2011

Is there any way to find out the transcription company's name from the company code that we use while logging in EMDAT? ...

Using Emdat/Inscribe
Jan 12, 2012

On using Emdat/Inscribe:  What does it mean when QA marks something with a red F with a line through the F? Thanks. ...

Emdat Company?
Jun 22, 2012

I'm confused.  I interviewed for an IC position for what they said is an Emdat company.  But looking online, Emdat is a platform, not an MT company.  Can someone please clarify?  The rates are really low for an IC and they don't pay for characters that are in normals.  Plus she said you work for all different accounts--just log on and grab work off the system when you're scheduled.  Is that on the up and up?  How can you have a schedule and ...

Emdat Inscribe Help Please!
Jul 11, 2012

I accidentally marked a transcription complete in Emdat Inscribe.  I haven't uploaded it yet and it is still on my screen.  I am not even close to being done with it!  How do I get back to being able to continue typing??? ...

What Is Emdat/Inscribe?
Sep 03, 2012

I have worked on many. many platforms, but never heard of that one.  Can anyone compare it to one.  Feel free to talk about a particular companies own software.  I've pretty much worked for them all .... lol. Thanks! ...

EMDAT Versions
Mar 25, 2013

I just started work with another company that uses EMDAT. I updated to the version they uses, which I think is higher than the one I currently use. When I sign in under my old company ID everything works. Is there a big problem using a different version? Is it possible to load another EMDAT screen onto my desktop if there is? ...

Anyone Familiar With EMDAT?
Apr 22, 2013

I may have a job offer from a company that utilizes EMDAT software. I am not familiar with it at all. It seems that it does not use a foot pedal, which seems odd to me. Any input on EMDAT would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! ...

Emdat Compatibility
Mar 25, 2014

My work PC crashed last week.  I am trying to find a PC to with Windows 7 since that is what I am currently using (well, was using) and I know it is compatible.  All I am finding locally is Windows 8.  They don't have anything running Windows 7 in stock.  I don't have a lot of time to wait around to have one shipped to me.  I have tried asking IT, but I still have not heard from them. Is Windows 8 compatible? ...

IntraScript Or Emdat-
Apr 08, 2014

Which platform do you prefer?  ...