A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SpeedType question? - KC

Posted: Oct 03, 2012

I just installed SpeedType & I am FRUSTRATED!  Could someone pleeeeease give me the specific steps to copy a block of text that you have just typed into the SpeedType dictionary?  I work for a company that promised 90% editing, 10% transcription, but so far it has been 100% transcription, and there are no templates for the big 4!  And since we're not supposed to cut & paste anymore, I got SpeedType so I could make my own templates, ONLY I CAN'T MAKE IT WORK!!!  SpeedType instructions say "Ctrl+Insert+Insert = Instant pasting of highlighted text from document into Dictionary Text AddWindow/Text to Type field."  You couldn't prove it by ME!  Did I waste $200???  I love AutoCorrect except for the size limitations.  Thank you very much if you can shed some light on this!

Speedtype - INMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I would recommend sending an email to Betsy Ertel. She is the person that could answer all of your questions. Her email should be in the HELP section of Speedtype when you have it up and running. She has always been right there with my questions. She will get back to you.

Good luck

P.S. Speedtype - INMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I may not be "up" on all of speedtype but have been using it for 2+ years now. You can send me an email privately and maybe I can walk you through your issues. Do you mean how do you get the shortcuts you created to appear in a document? Just send me an email and lets get you going.

M

I mean how do you create a shortcut from... - KC

[ In Reply To ..]
a paragraph or block of text that you've just transcribed. Thank you for answering, btw! I keep going round and round in SpeedType every time I try to create the entry from within my word processor instead of from within SpeedType. It won't let me paste in highlighted text from my document.

This worked for me when I went in and changed my preference - vf

[ In Reply To ..]
Press the Alt+Ins key from inside your word processor right after you have typed the desired text. (Note: For this to work, AutoReplace must be enabled and the Alt+Ins option must be enabled in the AutoReplace Preferences.) SpeedType automatically suggests a keyword for you with an optional prefix and/or suffix added to the keyword.

-OR-

Use your mouse to select (highlight) the block of text you want to add in your word processor then press Ctrl+Ins twice. (Note: This works only if your word processor recognizes the Ctrl+Ins command to copy text to the clipboard.)

Similar Messages:

SpeedType Question
Jun 01, 2010

Hi All.   I have an opportunity to purchase SpeedType and have been reading about it some.  Currently I use just the expander or Autocorrect that comes with Word to make little handy helpful hints for words I use lots.  Can anyone tell me the advantages of Speedtype versus what comes with Word, pros and cons, etc..   Thanks ...

SH10 And Speedtype 10
Sep 22, 2011

I have used   shorthand (various editions for years).  I had problems with it on my new computer and switched over to Speedtype 10.  I had trouble getting SP10 to accept the files I switched from Shorthand.  Now, shorthand is acting like a child.  When I close it out, I get a message that says ST10 .exe not functioning and it freezes my computer.  The same goes for Speedtype.  Has anyone else had this problem?  It started on both all of a sudden and t ...

Editscript 9.12 And SpeedType 10.01b
May 17, 2012

I am working on EditScript 9.12 and SpeedType 10.01b on my PC with Windows XP Pro and Word 2007 with very few problems.   I bought a new computer which uses Windows 7 and Word 2003 and cannot get SpeedType to work on the new machine.  I have talked to SpeedType and they say it is the Editscript platform causing the problems because SpeedType works in Word, wordpad, email, everything except Editscript.  Is anyone out there using Windows 7, Word 2003 and EditScript 9.12.  ...

Speedtype Vs Smartype
Oct 16, 2013

Since the old Smartype does not support Windows 7 or 8, only XP, I bought the new (not Stedman's anymore) Smartype.  It is not very good at all.  I contacted Speedtype, which looked really great, similiar to the old Smartype (I can macro large blocks of text for OP reports) and spoke with the CEO!!! REALLY?? She was fabulous and told me there was a shortcut to get your old blocks of text into Speedtype without cutting and pasting.  I have not tried the 15 day trial period yet ...

Instant Text Or SpeedType?
Mar 16, 2010

I just got a new computer, Windows 7 64-bit and my SmartType does not work.  I need a new program and I was looking at Instant Text and SpeedType.  Does anybody have those and which one is better????  Appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!! Lori ...

Shorthand Versus Speedtype
Sep 06, 2013

I'm trying to decide on an expander and already eliminated IT as beyond my capabilities.  I'm looking now at SH or ST. Can anyone explain to me what differences there are between these 2 programs?  I'm flipping back and forth between the 2 websites and am I missing something or are they essentially the exact same program but one is less expensive? Also, can anyone tell me if either or both of these programs allow identical names for abbreviations or do they require dis ...

Can SpeedType Be Used In EMDAT Platform?
Jul 31, 2014

I am thinking about taking a position using an EMDAT platform.  This is not a big company, just a nice woman who works from home and employs a number of transcriptionists.  I have never worked in a platform, so really have no clue what this entails.  My biggest concern is being able to use SpeedType, as I have thousands of entries and rely on it heavily to do my work.  The thought of using another word expander, building a dictionary, etc., does not thrill me.   The ...

License For Speedtype Was No Longer Valid
Feb 23, 2013

I am currently an Exact-Med student.  They give each student Speedtype.  I had been using it, but my husband updated our Soundcard and then it said that my license for Speedtype was no longer valid.  So I had to purchased a new llicense for a "new computer" since by updating the sound card it changed settings on our hard disk.  Then we went on vacation and turned our computer off for 2 weeks and when I restarted it, it says my license is not good anymore....don't know why, but apparentl ...

How To Add "-year-old" Entry To SpeedType?
Jan 29, 2011

Can someone please tell me how to add "-year-old" entry to SpeedType? New to this program. Thanks! ...