A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Emdat platform? Any comments on user friendly? - Never used it before

Posted: Aug 29, 2014

a

Emdat is not difficult. It is like sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
most platforms, just need to get used to. The IT people are very friendly and help with anything you would need and also give tips. Your line counts, past QA easily accessible. Word program so expanders can be downloaded into system by the IT person. I personally like it. Just my thoughs.

EMDAT - ArkMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to work using the EMDAT platform, and unless something has changed, it wasn't Word.

You are right. It isn't Word sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I just remember it being easy to work in compared to what I am in now and have been for quite some time. Very slow this program is now. Sorry.

Not user friendly. - LifePostNuance

[ In Reply To ..]
Very cumbersome program with lots of keyboard commands to remember. For VR, the program shows headings in separate text boxes. Sometimes the headings would load jumbled, for example: dictated - Family History, Physical Exam, Laboratories but loaded out of order - Physical Exam, Laboratories, Family History. I would have to reorder the heading boxes using keyboard shortcuts on top of editing the word errors. The program averaged 5 word errors per line in my estimation.

For straight transcription and editing, Emdat has formatting functionality like bolding, underlining, italicizing, and bulleting that make it great for the client's formatting wishes but terrible for an MT's productivity. Havint to stop and perform all of these formatting tasks was a royal pain, especially to my pocketbook.

Best of luck to you.

LPn

Current version of Emdat? - How long ago have you used it?

[ In Reply To ..]
I just went through training on it and it looks like a great program to use. Straight typing, no VR. Please comment on how long ago you have worked on this platform. Thank you.

Love it, but..... - 3moreyears

[ In Reply To ..]
....there's always a but LOL....

It is a shell of Word and, last time I used it, you cannot use Stedmans with it. They have their own dictionary and normals. AND sometimes the dictionary is wrong.....

I hated it - SDMT

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have a good mind that can remember probably 100 "short cut keys", everything made so much more complicated than it needs to be, go for it. The "qualified text" was a total money sucking scheme.

Similar Messages:

Does It Seem Like Each New Platform Is Less User Friendly?
Oct 20, 2012

Just having one of those days. I just trained on DocQscribe. However, I am used to Cornerstone. Does it take a long time to get used to DocQscribe?   ...

Amphion - Platform User Friendly?
Aug 16, 2011

I was reading on their site about their training, is it as hard to set up as they make it sound? Also is the platform user friendly?  Is it primarily standard or editing? Are you held to a schedule?  Thank you for any help,  I did check older posts but didn't find out this info.  ...

Which Company (the Big 2) Has The Most User-friendly SM
Dec 27, 2013

pre-employment tests/testing?  I usually breeze through most of these tests, but have heard stories that some are set up to deliverately fail, that one of them is easier than the other one.  I'd like to hear from an applicant who has tested at both of the big twp, both MM & N, if possible. Thanks for any help. ...

Winscribe Efficient, User-friendly, Etc?
Jul 05, 2012

Have anyone used this platform before.  Is it efficient, user-friendly, etc.  Thanks for the info!  ...

Looking For A User Friendly Email Program Other Than Outlook, Any Suggestions?
Jan 26, 2012

I currently have Outlook 2010 on my PC and I HATE IT!  I can't save any contacts.  I keep getting a message that says I don't have permission to save to that folder or something to that effect.  It's has an obnoxious toolbar at the top of the screen that I have to study every time I need to perform any kind of action.  I really just want something simple.  I don't have Outlook Express on my PC which I would use if I had it.  I've been looki ...

Emdat Platform
Oct 12, 2009

Is this system difficult. Is it voice recognition? ...

How Is The Emdat Platform? Nm. Thanks.
Apr 02, 2015

x ...

Has Anyone Used Emdat/Inscribe Platform
Jun 12, 2011

Has anyone used Emdat/Inscribe platform, if so how is it?  I'm not familiar with this and wondering how it is to use.  TIA. ...

Emdat Platform Question
Mar 07, 2012

Our team leader emailed us today to say that they are looking into a new platform called Emdat.  Does anybody have any experience using this software that they can share?  Thank you so much.  Kim.  ...

Can SpeedType Be Used In EMDAT Platform?
Jul 31, 2014

I am thinking about taking a position using an EMDAT platform.  This is not a big company, just a nice woman who works from home and employs a number of transcriptionists.  I have never worked in a platform, so really have no clue what this entails.  My biggest concern is being able to use SpeedType, as I have thousands of entries and rely on it heavily to do my work.  The thought of using another word expander, building a dictionary, etc., does not thrill me.   The ...

Does Anyone Know Whether Or Not The EMDAT Platform Is Compatible With InstantText? Nm
May 26, 2010

nm ...

EMDAT Inscribe Platform. Info Please
Mar 15, 2012

I just installed this on my computer.  Wow, I was dumfounded.  I have trained to learn Escription, DocQScribe, Pscribe and Chartnet.  I really don't think I am that stupid to learn a new platform, but this has to be the most complicated program I have ever seen.  I did not give up right away -- that is not in my nature.  But after struggling for about 2 hours, I finally gave up.  Honestly if they tried, I don't think the maker of this program could have ma ...

Any Companies That Use Emdat Inscribe Platform?
Feb 05, 2014

Hi...in spite of prior negative remarks about this platform, in my opinion it can't be easier. So simple and convenient. I think my job as an IC is going to be eliminated without warning and am doing a preliminary job search. Anyone know of any companies that are decent and use the Emdat Inscribe platform? I wonder, since Nuance owns Emdat....you don't suppose only Nuance can use the platform? ...

Looking For Medical Transcription Job Using The Emdat Platform
Jun 02, 2014

Looking for medical transcription job using the Emdat platform.  Any suggestions?     ...

Emdat Platform Install Question...
Aug 30, 2014

Do you know if IE 10 is compatible to install Emdat?   Feedback please if I need to remove and downgrade IE to 9.  I have IE 10 and download would not complete.  Thanks. ...

Seeking Some Basic Help On How To Use Emdat Inscribe Platform
Jan 10, 2014

Would anyone be interested in helping me learn the basics on how to use the inscribe emdat platform?  There is a job I could have only they do not offer training; it is all done by your own by reading the manual.  I am not so good at understanding things that way and just have a few questions... Just throwing this out there... If anyone is willing, please email me through MTStars.  Thank you for consideration, BansheeMT ...

Does Anyone Work For The Australian Company NTS? Or Use The Emdat Platform?
Apr 28, 2015

I can't find a lot about them in the archives. They are definitely not Nuance. I'm not familiar with the Emdat platform, either, and would appreciate opinons on that. I just got an offer from them and am seriously considering it. They cannot be worse that the American MTSOs. Can they? Thanks so much. ...

Emdat InScribe - Companies Besides Phoenix And ZyloMed That Use This Platform?
Apr 20, 2010

Anyone know of companies besides Phoenix and ZyloMed that use this platform? ...

I Will Be Starting Soon For A Company That Uses The Emdat Platform, Is This Easy To Learn, Etc.? Sm
Oct 16, 2014

I have never worked for a company that uses a platform before, always an FTP site and word, so this is new to me.  Is it hard to learn, easy to count line count, etc.?? I am bringing up old messages here that say nothing but negative about it and I'm starting to get nervous, but those were from 2008 or so, so maybe it's better now??  ...

How Do You Perform A Search On Prior Reports In The EMDAT/Inscribe Platform?
Mar 19, 2013

I am looking for a way to search for terms and/or phrases across all reports using the Prior Report feature in the EMDAT/Inscribe program. For example, I pull up the prior progress notes for Dr. **** because I am looking for some of the phrases he uses in the Physical Exam section or a particular phrase or a word, etc. Is there a search feature where I can type in “Physical Exam” and the program will search and stop on each of these instances from the prior report listing until I fin ...

He Is *eneble* And Friendly. Thanks. Nm
Oct 19, 2010

nm ...

TTS - Friendly, Polite, Yet Professional
Mar 10, 2012

Earlier this week TTS contacted me asking if I was interested in working with them (I had applied back in 2010 and due to various working conditions offered, I had declined the position). However, this offer, I must say, was most attractive. I read the post below; however, after talking with the recruiter I found: a.  She was most knowledgeable and helpful with my questions, friendly, polite, yet professional. b.  Pay offered was close to 10 cpl (straight text) and close to 5 cpl (VR).  ...

Emdat Compatible With EMDAT And Stedman's
Jan 02, 2010

Does anyone know if Windows 7 is compatible with Emdat AND Stedman's Smarttype? Thanks ...

How Do You Know If You Are A PSA User?
May 11, 2011

E-mail says if you are already a PSA (Password Self Administration) user, you don't need to do anything.  I also didn't see where you go to register -- if you are not a user, will it just come up when you try to sign on on 05/16?   Once again, instructions as clear as mud.    ...

Friendly Reminder From FIRED Ex-employee
Jan 15, 2015

I see there are so many new people on since I left. Anyone who has been threatened, I just want to remind you to PLEASE, COPY AND PASTE your emails in another file and SAVE them or PRINT them. When I was fired after I failed their 3 week probation type test, by the time I hung up the phone I WAS LOCKED OUT OF EVERYTHING. I had no proof of ANYTHING, any of the threats, etc. I just don't want anyone else to have to go through what I did. The threatening emails about MUP or not reaching th ...

Bayscribe New User
Apr 19, 2012

I'm a new user of Bayscribe. Sometimes when I want to scoll up and down in the document with the arrow keys it freezes up and I have to use the mouse to move the cursor up. Anyone know why this happens or how to fix it? Thanks! ...

UltiPro User Name
May 15, 2012

I tell ya, I have had more problems with this UltiPro since we began with it.  Now it is telling me my user name and/or password are not correct.  Can someone please tell me what is our user name?  Is it our MQ Central email address?  The number ID on our check?  Just our first and last name?  Geez..Thank you! ...

User ID And Password
Aug 14, 2013

I haven't bothered reading MM policies in so long, I can't remember how to log in.  What did you use for ID and password? ...

Webmedx Says On Their Website That They Have A Family Friendly Schedule, Etc. But - Sm
Feb 15, 2011

I had a phone interview with them, and they don't sound like they're flexible AT ALL.  She even told me that they're not.  She made it sound like I have to be dying to miss any work.  They say they have excellent insurance, but their family insurance is around $700 a month!!  Plus she told me that I would have to type 7000 lines per week, but I saw on several posts on here that they only had to type 5500 lines.  So, I'm wondering if this company ...

Expander Advice/IT User
Nov 09, 2009

I have a dictator who requires at least several words per line in quotes.   No matter often, I try cannot figure out a quick way to do this, and this is very time consuming. Any suggestions welcome. I am not sure it I am posting on the correct board.  Is there an "expanders" board or is this the correct forum? Thanks! ...