A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Tax Breaks for Companies that OFFSHORE! - offshoring concerns

Posted: Jan 28, 2010

Anybody rejoicing over the fact that we may be finally stopping the offshoring of jobs overseas? I think we should have a party!

Do you really believe this? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I am hoping that it will happen.. aren't you? - hopeful MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you really want the Transcends and Focus' to win this one? REALLY? WHY? Don't we all want that tax money going to work for us here in the US?

I wouldn't bust out that champagne just yet.... - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
I watched the State of the Union address, too. While I'm an Obama supporter, and I do LOVE the idea for no more tax breaks, I'm going to have to be cautiously optimistic. MTSO's have always found ways to get around things like this. Plus will it REALLY be enforced? I truly hope so for all MTs' sake as well as patients in the US.

Just another promise, but bet it wont happen. - -heard it all before -baloney.nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Now is the time to contact your congressman - travelinMT

[ In Reply To ..]
He seemed to put the job bill squarely on the shoulders of Congress to draft a bill and get it on his desk that will put Americans back to work by creating jobs. Now is the time to let them know we don't want tax breaks taken away we want our jobs back in this country. Tax breaks the companies will dance around, jobs needing to be filled is what will put Americans back to work and we have a good sized portion of those jobs that can come back to us with qualified people to do them immediately, no govt. subsidized training needed. Tell them the hell with the tax breaks being taken away. We want our jobs, as well as all of our confidential personal information, back in this country where it belongs.

It's not just us folks, but that is who I base my fight for, but look at all the call centers that have gone overseas (airlines/credit card companies (with our acct. info) customer service for the majority of companies. You can't get anyone who speaks english or understands you when you call for customer service anywhere anymore. Bring those jobs back and watch Americans go back to work. Remember "See spot run"? how about "See American's work".

OK my rant is over, now write your congressman. I we don't vote we can't complain and if we don't write we can't see change.

I agree with TravelinMT - All you Obama haters..

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you ever stopped to think - what is congress for? You may not like O, but you cannot blame him for everything. No 1 president has that much power. He is supposed to be our leader but when you lead horses to water, you still cannot make them drink.

Most of the problems in this country for the last 8 years should be blamed very directly on Congress and their ignorance. I bet most of them know nothing about offshoring and if they could figure it out, they would not even care. They do what they think appeases their voting public. These are political games that got us here - not presidential actions. They can blame the president and claim ignorance to the mechanics of all issues, healthcare, education, the car industry, the banking industry, jobs, real estate decline and on and on. Their ignorance is the real crime here and people need to expect and DEMAND more from Congress!!!!!!!!
We need a revolution - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
We all need to stick together and get these problems solved. We can make a difference by voting in November. We elected the idiot idealogues who have passed the bills that allow this; sorry; we need a revolution; Vote em all out in 2010. REMEMBER---IN NOVEMBER 2010 WE HAVE
A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT
THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE.
This is an insult and a kick in the butt to all of us...
But, it started WAY BEFORE this administration - Unbelievable
[ In Reply To ..]
Then what, we get back in the same goofus group we had? Are you for real? I just cannot understand where you people come from.
Congress - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
The same people have been in Congress way TOO long. In my opinion they ALL need to removed. We can thank President Clinton for this offshoring. Like I say, this is only my opinion.
Have to agree - sick of it
[ In Reply To ..]
I have to agree with RLee. We need to vote the bums out! This offshoring problem started long ago. You also cannot blame any one President for all the problems, when it is Congress who does the voting! The Pres only has the final approval or veto. It is Congress' job to keep the wrong things from getting to his desk! It's time we all wake up and realize only the "fat cats" of Congress are getting fatter by the fruits of our labor!
regarding "We need a revolution..." - luvzminis
[ In Reply To ..]

AMEN! I so hope more and more people catch on and open their eyes to the gigantic mess we're in now. Am looking forward to the November election and 2012 also. I think things are so horrible now that a big change in the other direction will make some very positive changes. I just hope no more major damage is done before then. If they had any sense in Washington, they would start listening to the American public who are doing their best to educate others. Instead they're ignoring the will of the people, which should make any voting person take notice!!

I actually yelled, YES! - It is about time!

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not an Obama fan, but when I heard this, I jumped out of my chair and yelled, "Yes" with my right hand in the air.

I hope it works. I hope karma happens. I hope the big wigs are FREAKING OUT!!! I hope they have to pay and pay big with no tax breaks and watch their big fat bonuses and pay of 250,000 to 500,000 go way, way down. I hope. . . . well, you fill in the dots.

Nothing will change. Obama is all fluff and solves nothing.nm - TX

[ In Reply To ..]
xxxx

Yup, just like that first whopping stimulus that was....sm - You got that right!

[ In Reply To ..]
supposedly for jobs - remember that one? The one that will cost our grandchildren money? He can't tick off the people who put him in there, believe me. This IS yet another promise that will go unfulfilled. sigh..............

Well, at least the White House floor is no longer littered with banana peels - left by the chimp over 8 years

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Sick of hearing the blame game. - At least our children were safe and not in debt fo
[ In Reply To ..]
Whatever.
"Our children" were not safe; they were sent overseas to be killed. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
At least our children were safe and not in debt - Sara
[ In Reply To ..]
That's just it - your children were not safe, and that is where our debt came from. That's just what they told you to make you feel better. "Run along and play, go to the mall and spend."
Name calling - longtimemt
[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot believe you just said that about the ex-president BUT boy if someone said something like that about Obama we'd be racist pigs. You liberals are too much!
debt - Wow
[ In Reply To ..]
You don't think we were in debt up to our highballs before??? Really?? What rug do you all live under?
Everyone since the beginning of time who has held an office has run up millions in debt. Just a fact. I have heard that with every president to ever come into office. People need to get facts straight. He didn't Just Now create a debt. That debt has been there and growing for a very, very long time.
But 14Trillion? Really? Hey, this not the flippin political board! - You are on the wrong board!
[ In Reply To ..]
No president has ever put this country into that much debt. Shoot, China is probably ready to buy our country. The American people also to blame who bought homes they could not afford and new it, bought cars, and ran up credit cards. It was not all Bush. Besides, some of those Dems allowed the American people to purchase homes they could not afford and so on.
US liberals are not all like that...I am one I thank you for not grouping me togther with name calle - Integ Dem
[ In Reply To ..]
Goes both ways. I never called President Bush rude names, would never call President Obama a rude name.

All democrats do not act like that, just as all Republicans are not that way.

Let's try to work together. Ignore is the best six letter word. Rude people want attention. That's about the gist of it. No more. No less. It is easy to be rude.

As a dem I am embarassed by that behavior.
banana peels? - AnnP
[ In Reply To ..]
I assume we can use that same rhetoric about the current White House occupant then? It can't be a racist thing to say, considering you just used it.

Think before you say something so stupid.
clarifying my previous post - luvzminis
[ In Reply To ..]
Please note that my previous reply was in response to "Well, at least the White House floor is no longer.."
Yes I agree with the poster right before me: it wasn't exactly the most brilliant statement, given the pathetic situation we find ourselves in with "let's spend trillions more of your tax dollars on nothing!" and "let's forcefeed this loony stealthcare bill on everyone even though they hate the bill" Obama!
Please remember.... - luvzminis
[ In Reply To ..]
Please remember that while Bush wasn't perfect, especially on economics, he protected this country with everything he had. Of course that's why those on the Left demonize him so much. No one on their side could hold a candle to Bush and his administration. The empty suit in control now is absolutely clueless and pathetic. Honestly, I try to think of one positive thing this guy has done, to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I can't think of even one thing! He's ruining this country at breathtaking speed. To most Americans, Bush is looking good, and most people who voted for Obama are saying "what on earth were we thinking??!"

here's the thing, there comes a time where we must stand together.. repub or dem - MTfor USA

[ In Reply To ..]
This should not be political. This should be about American jobs staying in America. We should all be hoping and praying for this for goodness' sake.
Can't we come together for the good of the country on this one issue, at least hope for the best and not be so mean spirited constantly? I would think on this issue we would come together?

Proud Liberal - Sam
[ In Reply To ..]
...and I completely agree. We need to keep politics out of this and stay united. Write your representatives and congress people!

Similar Messages:

Companies That Do Not Offshore
Feb 05, 2011

This may have been asked and answered here before, but I am searching for transcription companies that absolutely, positively do not offshore any transcription work.  Does anyone know of such a transcription company?  I'm tired of helping MTSOs send my work overseas after a few months of working on an account.  They first start asking for MT input on identifying which speakers need help to be better VR speakers, and then the next thing you know, they're sending ...

Companies That -do Not- Offshore That Use EditScript?
Mar 06, 2011

This is, of course, not a technical help question, but my original post was deleted from the Company Board because I mentioned a "platform."  This post is also less likely to be seen here than there, but so be it. I'm looking for the names of any companies that use EditScript/eScription that DO NOT offshore and pay more than 3 cpl for editing.  Transtech has already been mentioned. Thanks for any help. ...

Transtech And Companies Who Say They Do Not Offshore.
Jun 01, 2011

Noticed that all we have are foreign dictators and the difficult dictations.  A lot of the hospitals use 2 services and those that offshore are known to send OUT all the easy dictators because....the foreign countries cannot understand the difficult dictators either...not even if the doctor is from their own country.  They have to send them easy  work so it does not look AS bad when it comes back and the doctors don't complain too much, or then do not want their wor ...

Which American Companies Offshore Work?
Jan 25, 2012

I'm writing a report for school (switching fields after 20+ yrs as an MT) and need some help please.  I need input about which U.S. transcription companies outsource work to India, Philippines, etc.  All help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Is There A List Of Companies That Offshore Work?
Mar 01, 2012

I'm trying to find new work and have tested with some places, but before I make any decision I want to know for sure if they offshore or not.  Specifically Accentus and Intellitype/Lofin so far. Thanks. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

HOW OFTEN DO YOU TAKE BREAKS?
Nov 10, 2009

When you guys type how often do you take breaks?  Do you find that if you take frequent breaks - say every hour or hour and a half for about 5 minutes that you are more productive?  Or do you sit and type for more than 2 hours straight without stopping?  Just wondering how often others take breaks.  This was also one of the "tips" given by the top producers of the company according to MQ.  They claimed these folks took frequent breaks but went hard at it for an hour or s ...

Sentence Breaks
Nov 12, 2009

Hello to all MT posters- - Am wondering about tips about sentence breaks and comma use. Any advice/guidelines when the doctor is running fast and sentence breaks and paragraphing don't seem obvious? -Thanks to the MT's that give advise in a  professional manner. So many of the newbie posts hit right at home. -Still waiting for my AIM internship to start. Has anyone interned with AIM?   Diane   ...

Regarding Breaks In Certain States
Nov 14, 2009

I lost the email, but supposedly I get a 10-minute break after 4 hours. Do I clock out of DQS but stay clocked on at ScheduleSource or do I stay logged onto both and walk away from the computer for 10 minutes? Does it show up on the time card or only on the pay stub. Does anyone know the details? Thank you. ...

Re PTO Taxes, Breaks
Jul 03, 2012

ok here's the dirt from payroll. If you are paid a lump sum such as PTO, the IRS  considers it "supplemental" and taxes it at 25%! So, if you're considering leaving, best to take all the PTO you have before. Wish I would have known that before. As far as paid breaks, I didn't realize it was "state" dependent...so thanks for that information. Cudos for KY this time requiring a break after 4 hours.  Either way, it would not have mattered to me as I took a break whenev ...

Bathroom Breaks, Etc.
May 13, 2015

I have recently stopped punching in and out for bathroom breaks, coffee, stretching, etc., because in the work place no one has to punch out to use the bathroom, etc. I feel this is very unfair to expect us to punch in and out to use the bathroom. Anyone else? ...

Rest Breaks
May 15, 2015

Does M*Modal pay for rest breaks? ...

Paid Breaks
May 27, 2015

Has anyone every received an employee handbook?  I found this quite interesting, especially the part about state compliance with paid breaks.  I am sure the labor commissioner is going to love that sentence stating taking breaks may affect your MUP/benefit eligibility/weekly hour requirements.  How are they going to explain how this is a paid break? "MEALS/REST BREAKS Employees that are scheduled to work more than six consecutive hours are entitled to two 15 minute paid break periods and ...

MQ, Federal Government And Tax Breaks
Mar 13, 2010

After seeing CBay's lovely employee website extolling the awards they will bestoweth upon any Indian who works for them, I was wondering.  Looking at the the enless football field size rooms of computers, (many, many, many computers), desks, chairs, headphones, the brand-new buildings themselves, the exercise room with top notch expensive exericise equipment, the yoga teacher, the buses used to transport them to and from work, the workers hired to drive those buses, the free medi ...

Paid Lunch Breaks
Dec 27, 2012

In the training, it said that we get 2 paid 15 minutes breaks in a 6 hour shift.  How is that figured?  It is automatic? ...

Paid 0.25 Hour Breaks X2?
Jul 11, 2013

In my state, there are supposed to be 2 paid 15-minute breaks if one works 8 hours.  I questioned my company HR about this and was told "there was a slight amount added to our line rate"  to cover this.  What??  how is that a break.  I am wondering:  1.  How many companies do this?   2.  Do any pay for the 15-minute break? 3.  How many states honor this?  (check with your state Labor Relations Board). ?  ] 4.  Is there a legal ...

California Paid Breaks
Apr 09, 2015

California is one of the few states that require paid breaks.  The way Nuance ignores this is illegal.  Does anyone have any experience with pushing this issue? ...

Has Anyone Got An Answer On How To Document Breaks?
Jun 22, 2015

.. ...

When Clocking Out For Breaks, How Do You Make Up Time?
Oct 21, 2013

If I clock out to go to the bathroom, how do I make up the time and stay within my "scheduled hours"?  Just wondering how everyone else works this out.  Apparently, they no have a perfomance checker to correlate when clocked in and actually on what you are doing in DQM now.  Also, does anyone know how to check the time worked in DQM? ...

There Was Talk Of CA Employees Not Getting Paid Breaks.
May 13, 2015

Has anyone filed a wage claim yet?  Just curious how that is going.  ...

Offshore #???
Mar 31, 2011

I have a doc on the line dictating today and giving me an offshore # on an op report. Has anyone ever heard of this?  Are we supposed to include this in the report? ...

FYI...QA Is NOT Offshore
May 16, 2012

Someone is spreading LIES. QC and QA are both done onshore. I know because I work in QA. We audit both offshore and onshore MTs, not the other way around and our managers are onshore too. When Nuance bought Focus, they changed all that. This info is not a secret. Just ask HR. It seems the TLs need to be educated on this as well. ...

Offshore??
Jun 19, 2013

Does anyone know for sure that Nuance sends work offshore??  It makes a difference in some states where employees get laid off when places like Nuance comes in and "buys" their department.  Workers can be eligible for federal help if the work is sent offshore. ...

Offshore After Already Being QA'd There
May 15, 2014

my funny find today... the patient ate brief turkey s/b the patient ate beef jerky really, not funny anymore...sigh ...

Offshore Any Positives For US Mt's?
Oct 17, 2009

I've never posted and this is only the second visit.  I'm someone who was seriously considering MTec but has switched to planning for Andrews School.  I broke my arm - it is closer to healing though, and I am back on track to enroll.  I laid to rest thoughts of worry I had about Speech Recognition and now need to do the same with offshoring.  Are there any trends which point in a positive direction for us mt's - any reason for them to think they would be p ...

DoesTranstech Have Offshore MTs And That Is
Oct 25, 2009

/// ...

Offshore - Revisited
Oct 28, 2009

Following is an older article but I feel it is worth circulating now. Most people have no idea who has access to their medical records. Though this article was written 6 years ago, it is an even more common practice today in 2009 for hospitals, clinics and other health care facilities to outsource their dictation/patient records to other countries  - thereby not only making it impossible for transcriptionists in the United States to continue to make a living working in the US as a transcri ...

OFFSHORE QUESTION
Dec 13, 2009

I work for a company that swears that they do not offshore, and never will.  I actually trusted them on this.  I guess I'm a true fool. Anyway, I just found out that the account that I work on is shared by more than just the one MTSO, and at least one of those DOES offshore to India.  Therefore, it doesn't really matter what my MTSO is doing, I am working on an account that is shared with India.  How did I discover this?  Because I work on EditScript, and the ...

Encompass - Offshore?
Dec 14, 2009

Does Encompass offshore? ...

% Offshore Work
Nov 23, 2010

Does anyone know the actual percentage of Medquist work that is offshored and also the percentage of transcription work offshored in this country? ...