A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Which American companies offshore work? - Lin

Posted: Jan 25, 2012

I'm writing a report for school (switching fields after 20+ yrs as an MT) and need some help please.  I need input about which U.S. transcription companies outsource work to India, Philippines, etc.  All help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

Just curious what you're going to school for? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Staying in the medical field - Lin

[ In Reply To ..]
Staying in the medical field - training to become a radiation therapist. Almost finished with my prereqs and my program begins in the fall. Loving the change! Thanks for asking.

The paper that I'm writing is for a report writing class. We have to write a "problem report" in our chosen field. When it comes to medicine, the domestic versus offshore services (MT, billing, radiology) issue is huge. Hope I receive lots of feedback!

I've never heard of a radiation therapist. What is that? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
What a radiation therapist does - Lin
[ In Reply To ..]
A radiation therapist administers the radiation treatment prescribed by a radiation oncologist. It involves working primarily with cancer patients.
Yes, it's BURNING tissue. - NoWayJose
[ In Reply To ..]
Radiation "therapy" -- which is just irradiation -- is the "burn" part of the slash, burn, poison, and nuke assault/"protocol" (surgery, irradiation, chemotherapy, and nuc med "treatments") on the poor souls diagnosed with cancer. Allopathic protocols have a 50% success rate! So basically it's flip a coin... There is no way I could DESTROY A PATIENT'S IMMUNE SYSTEM, WHICH IS THEIR PRIMARY NATURAL DEFENSE AGAINST CANCER, day in and day out. Strengthening those natural defenses makes a LOT more sense.
No Way Jose - Lin
[ In Reply To ..]

If not the field, I wish you could show some respect for the individual in this situation.

I'm working hard to get ahead in an extremely competitive field, in school with students who are half my age, and excelling at it. BTW, I'm paying for this bachelor's degree 8 cents at a time as an MT.

Thanks for the slice and dice!

Companies Aren't Upfront About It - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, usually the MTs who work for a company are the last to know, because the companies try to keep it a secret. So, any answers you get here aren't reliable. The company will practically take an oath that they don't offshore, but eventually (sometimes years down the line) they can't hide it anymore.

Also, the answers you get here may be from management of those companies, so you still don't have accurate information.

If I were you, I would not name any names unless you personally witnessed the offshoring (like, if you were in the QA Dept and were "fixing" the offshore messes).

I was an MT for years and years, never knew they were offshoring until I became QA, and there they all were, offshored reports (yes, ASR too) that I had to fix and give feedback on.

That's what I was afraid of - Lin

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for your response. I was a bit afraid of that, but thought I'd try. I actually have a lot of research from the Internet, but thought I'd try to get firsthand info too.

I'll probably end up taking the post down because I don't want anyone to take any heat for disclosing info. I do think it's a shame though, and I'm sure you'd agree, that businesses aren't up front with what they're doing. If I'm ashamed of something, I don't do it. Wish businesses could say the same.

Thanks again, Old MT. :o)

Offshoring - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think you have to remove your post. I just don't think you're going to get accurate information here - or elsewhere on the Internet. You would have to go be a manager at the MTSOs. You may just want to generalize in that paper.

I just find it interesting that when work is slow or nonexistent, the MTSOs come up with the darndest reasons. They will milk Christmas/New Year's for at least 3 weeks. If there's a Monday holiday, that's good for a week. Of course, there's summertime when all the doctors are on vacation. (Sorry, hospitals don't close.) They do this all year, blame anything but offshoring. They'll come up with any darn excuse except the truth.

I find it interesting that our work picks up in the afternoons. If you figure out the time change, that would be when the little Inidans are eating their dinners and going to beddie bye.
Offshoring - Lin
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much for your candor. I, too, have noticed those patterns of slow work and didn't put that together with the offshoring - duh! I've been caught in that trap more times than I'd like to admit!

I don't agree with offshoring, but it sure would be a lot more palatable if it wasn't served up with a bunch of lies. :-P

Thanks again for helping out with my research. :o)

I think some claim it isn't offshored because after - the Indians type it, the Americans fix it.

[ In Reply To ..]

Wow! - Lin

[ In Reply To ..]
...and what a whopper of a lie is that?!?!

Similar Messages:

The Offshore Outsourcing Of American Jobs
Jun 07, 2013

The article below was written by Dr. Paul Craig Roberts who was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Administration. Title--"The Offshore Outsourcing of American Jobs: A Greater Threat Than Terrorism" http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-offshore-outsourcing-of-american-jobs-a-greater-threat-than-terrorism/18725 You can copy and paste the above link to your address window to read the article. Apparently, what has happened to the MT profession is only the tip of the iceberg. ...

Are There Any American MT Companies(no Outsourcing), Is So, Who Are They?
Sep 29, 2010

Is there a list of American MT Companies who do not outsource? ...

Companies That Do Not Offshore
Feb 05, 2011

This may have been asked and answered here before, but I am searching for transcription companies that absolutely, positively do not offshore any transcription work.  Does anyone know of such a transcription company?  I'm tired of helping MTSOs send my work overseas after a few months of working on an account.  They first start asking for MT input on identifying which speakers need help to be better VR speakers, and then the next thing you know, they're sending ...

US Companies Who Hire American MTs Outside Of Country
Nov 17, 2009

Does anyone know of stateside MTSOs who hire MTs outside of the country.  After 30 plus years will be retiring outside of USA and would like to continue to work. ...

Tax Breaks For Companies That OFFSHORE!
Jan 28, 2010

Anybody rejoicing over the fact that we may be finally stopping the offshoring of jobs overseas? I think we should have a party! ...

Companies That -do Not- Offshore That Use EditScript?
Mar 06, 2011

This is, of course, not a technical help question, but my original post was deleted from the Company Board because I mentioned a "platform."  This post is also less likely to be seen here than there, but so be it. I'm looking for the names of any companies that use EditScript/eScription that DO NOT offshore and pay more than 3 cpl for editing.  Transtech has already been mentioned. Thanks for any help. ...

Transtech And Companies Who Say They Do Not Offshore.
Jun 01, 2011

Noticed that all we have are foreign dictators and the difficult dictations.  A lot of the hospitals use 2 services and those that offshore are known to send OUT all the easy dictators because....the foreign countries cannot understand the difficult dictators either...not even if the doctor is from their own country.  They have to send them easy  work so it does not look AS bad when it comes back and the doctors don't complain too much, or then do not want their wor ...

Is There A List Of Companies That Offshore Work?
Mar 01, 2012

I'm trying to find new work and have tested with some places, but before I make any decision I want to know for sure if they offshore or not.  Specifically Accentus and Intellitype/Lofin so far. Thanks. ...

Afro-American Versus African-American
Nov 17, 2012

Afro pertains to a "hair style" usually worn by black people or African-Americans. African-American refers to a group or nationality of people whose decendants originated in Africa. Has anyone ever been corrected on that when getting audited? Just curious. I see this a lot. P.S. Not trying to stir the pot or offend anyone so please, no racial slurs or offensive posts. This is a ligitmate question. How do you type it? or do you think it matters? ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

Buying American
Oct 19, 2009

Hey, Everybody: In the spirit of solidarity, if we want support for our cause, then we might want to consider supporting other industries in America.  There are places to "Buy American" on the website.  We shouldn't support Big Box Stores that import everything and make a killing as well as treat their employees like chattel.  You know who I am talking about.  If we buy into the theory, "Oh, but it's so inexpensive to go there," then we are just as bad as the tran ...

Native American
Mar 26, 2010

When doctor says:  "Patient is a native American" should native be capitalized?  (BOS says to capitalize tribe names, but that doesnt answer this question.)  Thanks very much. ...

Will This Help Struggling American MTs?
Apr 23, 2013

I saw this article on a new law being passed about outsourcing jobs http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-immigration-bill-could-slow-indian-outsourcers-092353134--finance.html     ...

American MTSOs?
Jul 23, 2014

Okay, so are there ANY companies that are actually owned by Americans who live in America?  Everyone says they are only hiring from within the U.S., but that doesn't mean the owners are American.  Someone here said one company (Diskriter?) was purchased by "an Indian couple." Why wasn't it purchased by an American couple? Why aren't Americans buying MTSOs? What's up with that? ...

Where Are All The American Doctors?
Sep 06, 2014

This past week it seems all I have got to transcribe are foreign docs.  Some are not too bad, but some it is just plain torture to listen to.  What is going on?  Also this is the first time I have not been able to pay my bills with my paycheck.  It is so depressing.  Just had to vent.   ...

The Great American EHR Boondoggle
Dec 01, 2009

Just in case anyone thought that point and click EMR is working, read this article.   http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20090818/REG/308189963 ...

American Precision Transcription, LLC
Jun 09, 2011

Anyone work or heard of this company American Precision Transcription, LLC (APT)? Thanks for any and all comments about them. ...

American Transcription Association
Aug 27, 2010

Do any of you belong to American Transcription Association?  I just happened to find their site today and it sounded very interesting.   ...

American Transcripton Association
Apr 30, 2011

Is anyone on this board a member of this medical transcription organization?  If so, has it been beneficial to you?  I am asking because I am considering joining because I like what they say on their website.  So, I am just wondering if it is worth the money to join.  Any and all responses appreciated.  Thank you in advance. ...

American Workers Have Changed--And Not For The Better
Nov 08, 2011

I've talked with several MTs recently who work for different companies. The companies have to send out reminders to the MTs that they are supposed to be at work at specific times. They also are having trouble with MTs just taking off without arranging for coverage of their accounts. The list goes on and on. What bothers me most though is the attitude of workers. Work was not easy years ago, but people did it with courage and integrity. You don't see much of that anymore.   &nbs ...

Does Anyone Know If You Can Work For An American MT Company From
Feb 18, 2012

another country, specifically, Costa Rica.  My daughter started out volunteering down there and loved it so much she moved there permanently.  She is my only child, and since I really have no family here anymore and she wants me to, I'm considering moving down there.  Of course, I'd have to be able to keep my MT job.  I'm not exactly a spring chicken and apparently in order to move there you need to either have a pension/social security and/or an income (appare ...

American Health Connection?
Feb 08, 2013

Does anyone have experience with them or did anyone find any info. on them?  I couldn't find much of anything.  Thanks. ...

American Health Connection
Apr 05, 2013

Is it just me or does the new American Health Connection ad look like others we have seen from another company...maybe Phonix MedComm? ...

Anyone Know About American Health Connections?
May 04, 2013

I saw a couple of ads on MT Jobs from this company.  Sounds interesting for a change of pace.  Any info on them? ...

If American MTs Get QCd To Death, How In The World
Aug 03, 2013

are MTs from India doing well? I was born and raised in the U.S., I was an English/writing major, and I'm QCd into the ground, which makes me wonder - how the heck are people from India and other countries doing as MTs? Can they REALLY do better than those of us who grew up speaking the language, have spent years doing MT, especially since some of us are English experts (and probably ALL of us are English experts compared to those in India)?! What is going on here, seriously? ...

MM - Corporate/American Greed
Oct 17, 2013

All that matters to companies nowadays is how much money they can make for their stockholders and for their yearly bonuses.  They dont care about the American worker anymore.  In India, when they want to fire you, they have to take into account the family you are taking care of, will you be able to get another job.  America?  They will throw you out on the street without a notice and not give a darn. In my town, the main hospital wants to let Chinese women come over to Ameri ...

American Health Connections And Others
Apr 18, 2014

It never ceases to amaze me, in an absurd kind of way, how companies can place job ads for positions and ask for bilingual/foreign language to be a major qualification here in the US of A!!  This is an English-speaking country, and I resent the fact that these companies can make these requirements on us who are US citizens and English is our first language!  They want our expertise in work ethics, but we need to learn their language in order to apply for a job with them; how ...

American Transcription Work
Apr 21, 2014

Would American transcriptionists be willing to work for a lower cpl rate if they were provided with steady work? ...

North American Transcription Company
Mar 23, 2011

Anyone heard of this company.  We got a flyer from them today at work and they say they only charge 6.5 c per line, all US-based, no outsourcing.  Looked up their website and they say they are one of the largest transcription companies in the US (never heard of them).  Would love to know how they can pay their apparently "highly skilled" transcriptionists when they only charge 6.5 c per line.  ...

American Owned MT Companys?? Any Left??
Oct 27, 2011

Does anyone have a list of American owned MT companys??...or have all of them gone to connections with India.  I would like to work for an American Owned Company---any suggestions??? ...