A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Companies that Do Not Offshore - USMT

Posted: Feb 05, 2011

This may have been asked and answered here before, but I am searching for transcription companies that absolutely, positively do not offshore any transcription work.  Does anyone know of such a transcription company?  I'm tired of helping MTSOs send my work overseas after a few months of working on an account.  They first start asking for MT input on identifying which speakers need help to be better VR speakers, and then the next thing you know, they're sending all work offshore as VR and even allowing QA to be done by offshore companies and sent directly to the hospital without a U.S. quality assurance editor ever looking at it.  It's bad enough to cheat and mistreat a person, but it's even more egregious to ask for that person's help to do so, and that's what these companies are doing.  Thanks for any help in finding a MTSO that does not offshore work.  I want to see what it's like to work for one of those. 

Oracle (OTI) does not offshore - USA only

[ In Reply To ..]
No employee status or benefits though. OTI hires IC only, so you'll pay all of your own taxes and expenses.

Transtech doesn't offshore. nm - so over it

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Companies who do not offshore - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]
Some MTSO's do not offshore, but unfortunately they share client accounts with other MTSO's who do offshore. There is this constant competition to prove quality, turn-around time, and HIPAA compliance. If patients only knew that their records were out there for all the world to see, maybe more transcribing would be done here.

Since providers in this company all have to comply with HIPAA, - that is really not much of a consideration.

[ In Reply To ..]
But we've been through this many times. In fact, there's even a whole forum for complaining about...all the world.

OP, Webmedx doesn't offshore.
HIPAA - MTpatti
[ In Reply To ..]
The overseas company advertise that they comply with HIPAA laws and that all of their employees sign the HIPAA papers. PROBLEM: Who is going to enforce a law of the American government in another country? Not going to happen. This is a way around the complaints about outsourcing. We break the law and we are fined and/or imprisoned depending on how bad the act is, but our government cannot go to another country, arrest someone, put them on trial etc.

for the world to see - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
How are the records "out there for the world to see"? When you transcribe, can the world see it? In fact, likely the Indian MT's situation is probably more secure than the average home-worker American MT.
"the world to see" - ALAMT
[ In Reply To ..]
THe INdian Mt's situation is probably MORE secure than the average home-worker American MT!!!! LOL! What rock did you just climb out under! Did you read the article about the guy in England buying medical records from the Indians???? Have you seen India lately??? They are an extremely poor country who would sell ANYTHING to feed their families!!! Get real!

Companies that do not offshore - JD

[ In Reply To ..]
Landmark does not offshore.

Webmedx does not offshore; VR is heavy though. nm - webaweba

[ In Reply To ..]

Breitner - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked here almost 2 years, and they don't hire offshore MTs. Usually pretty steady work, but all my accounts are in the same part of the country so things have been low because the winter storms. Can't recommend them because of times with no work, but they don't offshore. Maybe you could get accounts that aren't in the Northeast with them, but all mine are.

Companies that Do Not Offshore --Thanks everyone! - USMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much everyone for your replies! It is a BIG help to have a list of companies that do not offshore their work, as my policy now is to apply at and work for only companies that keep their medical records within the U.S. borders. Thanks again!

Similar Messages:

Tax Breaks For Companies That OFFSHORE!
Jan 28, 2010

Anybody rejoicing over the fact that we may be finally stopping the offshoring of jobs overseas? I think we should have a party! ...

Companies That -do Not- Offshore That Use EditScript?
Mar 06, 2011

This is, of course, not a technical help question, but my original post was deleted from the Company Board because I mentioned a "platform."  This post is also less likely to be seen here than there, but so be it. I'm looking for the names of any companies that use EditScript/eScription that DO NOT offshore and pay more than 3 cpl for editing.  Transtech has already been mentioned. Thanks for any help. ...

Transtech And Companies Who Say They Do Not Offshore.
Jun 01, 2011

Noticed that all we have are foreign dictators and the difficult dictations.  A lot of the hospitals use 2 services and those that offshore are known to send OUT all the easy dictators because....the foreign countries cannot understand the difficult dictators either...not even if the doctor is from their own country.  They have to send them easy  work so it does not look AS bad when it comes back and the doctors don't complain too much, or then do not want their wor ...

Which American Companies Offshore Work?
Jan 25, 2012

I'm writing a report for school (switching fields after 20+ yrs as an MT) and need some help please.  I need input about which U.S. transcription companies outsource work to India, Philippines, etc.  All help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Is There A List Of Companies That Offshore Work?
Mar 01, 2012

I'm trying to find new work and have tested with some places, but before I make any decision I want to know for sure if they offshore or not.  Specifically Accentus and Intellitype/Lofin so far. Thanks. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

Offshore #???
Mar 31, 2011

I have a doc on the line dictating today and giving me an offshore # on an op report. Has anyone ever heard of this?  Are we supposed to include this in the report? ...

FYI...QA Is NOT Offshore
May 16, 2012

Someone is spreading LIES. QC and QA are both done onshore. I know because I work in QA. We audit both offshore and onshore MTs, not the other way around and our managers are onshore too. When Nuance bought Focus, they changed all that. This info is not a secret. Just ask HR. It seems the TLs need to be educated on this as well. ...

Offshore??
Jun 19, 2013

Does anyone know for sure that Nuance sends work offshore??  It makes a difference in some states where employees get laid off when places like Nuance comes in and "buys" their department.  Workers can be eligible for federal help if the work is sent offshore. ...

Offshore After Already Being QA'd There
May 15, 2014

my funny find today... the patient ate brief turkey s/b the patient ate beef jerky really, not funny anymore...sigh ...

Offshore Any Positives For US Mt's?
Oct 17, 2009

I've never posted and this is only the second visit.  I'm someone who was seriously considering MTec but has switched to planning for Andrews School.  I broke my arm - it is closer to healing though, and I am back on track to enroll.  I laid to rest thoughts of worry I had about Speech Recognition and now need to do the same with offshoring.  Are there any trends which point in a positive direction for us mt's - any reason for them to think they would be p ...

DoesTranstech Have Offshore MTs And That Is
Oct 25, 2009

/// ...

Offshore - Revisited
Oct 28, 2009

Following is an older article but I feel it is worth circulating now. Most people have no idea who has access to their medical records. Though this article was written 6 years ago, it is an even more common practice today in 2009 for hospitals, clinics and other health care facilities to outsource their dictation/patient records to other countries  - thereby not only making it impossible for transcriptionists in the United States to continue to make a living working in the US as a transcri ...

OFFSHORE QUESTION
Dec 13, 2009

I work for a company that swears that they do not offshore, and never will.  I actually trusted them on this.  I guess I'm a true fool. Anyway, I just found out that the account that I work on is shared by more than just the one MTSO, and at least one of those DOES offshore to India.  Therefore, it doesn't really matter what my MTSO is doing, I am working on an account that is shared with India.  How did I discover this?  Because I work on EditScript, and the ...

Encompass - Offshore?
Dec 14, 2009

Does Encompass offshore? ...

% Offshore Work
Nov 23, 2010

Does anyone know the actual percentage of Medquist work that is offshored and also the percentage of transcription work offshored in this country? ...

Offshore Rant
Jan 21, 2011

With workloads running low, wouldn't you think the companies would end offshore transcription and give the work to American MTs?  The only thing that keeps me from bringing this up to HR is that I genuinely like the company I work for and I like both my accounts.  There is just this one thorn in the side ...    ...

Offshore Coding
Mar 11, 2011

Interesting info I think.  I found out recently that the coding team being built in India has pretty stringent requirements.  First of all, they will need to have a bachelor's degree in a life science field and then must have a CCS AHIMA certification.  Most of our US based coders don't have bachelor's degrees!  Sounds like they are quite serious about being successful at invading into the US coding market.  ...

Offshore Transcription
Oct 06, 2011

Does anyone know of companies that don't cheat us Americans and send work offshore? Tired of all this crap, as much as we need work. So much for loyalty. ...

Offshore Vent
Dec 10, 2011

I'm an MT here in the U.S. I once received an email from someone from India (how they got my email, I don't know) inquiring about working for me. I told them in no uncertain terms that even if I did own my own MT business, that I would never, EVER, hire any offshore people. All business I had would stay here in this country. This offshoring to unqualified (IMO) "transcriptionists" has got to stop. I heard on the news the other night where some industries are starting to bring the jobs ...

Looking For A Company That Does Not Offshore
Sep 16, 2012

Would anyone be willing to share their knowledge of companies that do not offshore work?  I cannot deal with being with a company that does anymore. Thanks in advance! ...

Coding Sent Offshore
Nov 21, 2012

I tried posting before but not sure if it went through.  I have been considering coding, having been an MT for nearly 20 years, but do you think coding jobs are likely to be sent offshore like many MT jobs have been?  I would hate to study very hard and invest more money and time in a career that could go down the tubes like MT has, but would like more opportunity for growth and advancement.  ...

Now That We Know Work Is Going Offshore
Sep 06, 2013

being fired but made to stay on the job and train your replacement.  How demeaning!  They get to pick off the easy jobs and we are left with the c**p. ...

Outshourcing/offshore
Aug 07, 2014

I am new to the MT industry I have just graduated this year.  I have been trying to find this out but for some odd reason while companies do it there doesn't seem to be anyone who can give me an answer.  Why can companies send work over to say India and it's called outsourcing and there doesn't seem to be a problem, yet if I want to work outside my country I can't and I'm considered offshore?  Like really how does that work?  People from another ...

Fiesa Offshore Only
Mar 04, 2015

I have noticed in all the Fiesa reports/scores that NOT ONE is from an onshore QA. Every report has been checked by offshore QAs. Has anyone had an English first language QA? Just seems frustrating to have a ESL check an ESL report by a doctor from yet another language transcribed by an American transcriptionist. I have also noticed that if you get 100% one week, guaranteed the next week you get bottom scores the next. Balances out to the .08 per line between the weeks. ...

OFFSHORE INQUIRES FOR US BUSINESS
Nov 05, 2009

As the owner of a medical transcription company, I get 4-5 inquires a week to send our work to India, Phillipines, and now even South Africa (I believe the last one was).  My reply to them politely is "We do not send work out of the USA."  Hopefully if more companies do this, the work would stay in the US and save our jobs. ...

Does ATSI Offshore To India? Sm
May 27, 2010

I have an interview with them.  I did some archiving to see if there's any info on this board about them.  Wondered if they offshored to India.  Their website doesn't say anything about it.  Their ad says US MTs only. Thanks! ...

Does Transcend Offshore Their Work?
Jun 04, 2010

I was told by local hospital that they switched from MedQuist to Transcend and that they believed Transcend did not offshore. The woman in charge of Medical Records Dept. said they wanted to keep dictation done in the US by US transcriptionists. I told her I would find out for sure and call her back with what I know. I searched archives and found some posts stating Transcend offshores at night and on weekends. Can anyone working with Transcend let me know for sure whether or not they definitely ...

Yet Another Reason It's Unwise To Offshore
Jul 13, 2011

Look at what just happened in Mumbai today.  Three terrorist bombs in the busiest business sectors, killing 20 people and injuring scores of others.   Something that seems to happen from time to time, currently being blamed on their rival, Pakistan.  (Another favorite U.S. offshoring destination).  Those blasts could have just as easily hit one of our MTSOs' main offices, servers, IT techs, QA, etc. over there.  There just isn't the same level of security ...

Sending Work Offshore
Nov 04, 2011

There is one thing that people should know when it comes to sending work offshore, be it India or Pakistan or any other country.  The patient’s information is strictly protected.  It is true that the SSN number and the MRN number is being given away by the doctors while dictating the demographics, but at the same time a person transcribing those reports does a minimum of 20-25 reports a day, do you think he or she will even remember at the end of the day what number belonged to w ...