A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Two offers on my table - Beenz

Posted: Jun 05, 2014

About 3 years ago I was offered a position outside of home in a new medical practice, new doc in town.  They made me so many promises and offered so much, but long story short, I took the job, left my home MT job of 12 years with "big M co".  It was NOT a good move.  Mean doc who left all office decisions to his manager, who was fresh out of high school and a personal friend of his family...  There was constant firing and hiring going on. Last month, it was my turn.  I was dismissed.  Crazy thing though, I was relieved!

It's been tough getting back into MTing, but I finally passed a couple of the prequal tests and have been offered positions with Synernet and TTS.

I've always appreciated that I can get solid advice and direction here so, any input is appreciated. 

I'm interested in knowing if they have a reputation of running out of work, knocking pay down for falling under 100% QA, prompt paycheck deposit, availability of help if needed and so on. If they provide alternate accounts when work is low. I can appreciate that a lot of MTs have negative experiences and do not like where they work, but I'm taking one or the other because the grass was not greener and I'm not getting any younger! LOL!

Thank you!

Answer - Tired Tilly

[ In Reply To ..]
I have no idea about TTS. I can only comment about Synernet. In my experience, it depends on what you want. Right now there is lots of work. We are in the middle of mandatory overtime of 6 hours, if you can do 10 and over they are doing drawings for gift cards and such. Summertime is a very busy time at Synernet because of MTs taking vacations and things. However, from my experience, around fall and winter, work dwindles way down and you will be sitting around and waiting for work. Communication is not a strong point with them. They do have calls, but it is limited to 25 MTs and if you don't get to get in on the call, then you have no idea what was even said. They are very rigid in scheduling and watch your hours and lines like a hawk. But, the time off is very generous. Insurance is decent if you are just one person, but it's a high deductible. I can't think of anything else right now. But good luck with your decision! I know it's never easy to make.

I work for TTS - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]
Since I began in mid-April, work has rarely run out, and if it did it was for an hour at most. Pay is direct deposit. Training is excellent. The lines of communication are always open with the team. They have been incredibly flexible with me in terms of my work schedule because of back issues. There are a few MDs that I want to smack, but otherwise the dictators are pretty decent. About 75% of what I do is speech, and I'm averaging about 300-325 lph (their speech engine has been trained correctly).

TTS - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for TTS and Nuance and I like TTS. I do work part time with them, but am never out of work, sometimes not the greatest dictators but overall they leave you alone, their feedback is minimal, get paid on time and the rate is comparable to what I also make at Nuance. I enjoy being left alone for the most part. If your QA falls below the 98% they will work with you. Mine did one time, but it was very good feedback and very nice. Recommend them highly

I thought that Synernet - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
was only offering per diem positions now, and a FT job offer was not made until 6 months, at which time they may or may not want you. Benefits won't be offered until then, too, IF you get a FT offer. You might watch the timing here, because in 6 months, when the high summer volumes are gone, a lot of per diem employees will be dropped. Synernet is making a LOT of changes right now, most of which don't benefit the MTs.

I work for TTS on Dictaphone account. - Love it. no message

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Is It Intra-table Or Anterior Table Of The Acetabulum
Apr 02, 2012

bone screw was placed into the, s/l, intra table area of the acetabulum....Looking at old report I see anterior table, s/l could be intra or inter table but not inner table, which is the only one I can confirm... ...

S/l Version Table
Feb 03, 2010

extension-biased home exercise program and s/l version table.   thanks ...

Ortho Table
Aug 26, 2010

This is an open reduction and percutaneous fixation procedure. " Patient was then taken to the operating room, placed in the supine position where her left arm was extended on the (s/l) Carter table...  " I cannot find a Carter table in any reference book or on Google.  Any ideas?   Thank you so much!  ~Reyna. ...

S/l Table Signs
Oct 15, 2011

No past reports to look this up and doctor does not repeat in the report. "# weeks post s/l table signs, left index"   The only thing it mentions about the index is it has a hypertrophic scar. Any ideas? Thank you avulsion injury laceration ...

Tilt Table
Mar 12, 2012

I am doing a tilt table study.  The dictator dictates blood pressure as 60 over s/l nod/naught.  What is the correct way to phrase this?  I have never encountered this before.  Thanks in advance. ...

Inversion Table
May 29, 2013

Has anyone used one of the inversion tables for a bad back?  ...

Reed Table 15
Jun 14, 2013

orthopedics, dictated: impairment of her right upper extremity due to the work-related injury. I consulted and checked with _____ table 15 to arrive at this figure s/l Reed? ...

RadNet - Can You Create A Table?
Jul 20, 2010

Are there any RadNet users that know how to create a table in RadNet?  Is it possible?  I know how to create templates, but am stumped.  I know tabbing is not an option; but, occasionally one of my physicians would like me to create a table and have been unsuccessful thus far. Thanks!  ...

Sounds Like Boys Table
Jan 26, 2011

I have looked everywhere and I cannot find this.  I am doing an orthopedics operative report and the physician dictates "boys table".  Boyse table?  Boise table?  I cannot find anything anywhere.  ...

Tilt Table Test
Sep 08, 2011

It's me again. Any help appreciated please and thank you! Tilt table test. Sentence is: Nicole then felt hot and weak, she was pale, diaphoretic, complained of lightheadedness, started having excessive **s/l dysphoretic ** all over. Cannot verify this one. ...

PARTY OF 13, YOUR TABLE IS READY....
May 13, 2012

Allow me to introduce myself!  I am one of those very PROUD 13 women.  I am also very proud of the fact that I see so many others here who are willing to stand up and join us in this.  When I read over the very FEW posts from those who say we can't cut it, we are lazy, etc... I laugh.  Yes, you heard that right!  I laugh!  In their ignorance, they make untrue statements about me as they do not know me or my work ethic or my education level o ...

Round Table Meeting
Jan 18, 2013

Today our inhouse hourly waged MTs group figured out a way to keep our work in our clinic and not being outsourced.  We are going to make our present wage AND get back some of the doctors that went to outside line count charge.  We put our heads together and figured it out and our director (not an MT in any way, shape, or form) is all for our plans.  Now that is what I call a first step to keeping our jobs in house!  We were scared to present this but it would have been worse ...

Hana Table - Capitalized OR NOT?
Dec 12, 2014

When I Google this word -- the word with the copyright symbol hana _is NOT capitalized. I am wondering how you would put in a document in the middle of a sentence? hana or Hana table? ...

Job Offers
Apr 19, 2012

I would be wary of job offers that expect you to test with multiple files.  I would be suspicious that this is simply how they get a lot of work done when they are short handed.  It's ridiculous to have to take such rigorous testing, especially when they are so picky about the length of time employed as an MT.  If the company is only considering those who have been MTs for 9 years or more, why such rigorous testing??  Sounds fishy to me. ...

2 Job Offers
Nov 06, 2013

Just received 2 job offers and am going back and forth on which one to accept. One is from SoftScript and the other is from Saince, both PT, both offer benefits once I go FT with them...same hours for both. Anyone have input on either company, positive or negative?....hopefully mostly positive? I have 2 days to figure this out. I know it's my decision, but I thought maybe reading some opinions might help me lean one way or the other. TIA ...

Type Of Operating Room Table
Jun 12, 2011

Patient is having shoulder surgery.  Doctor is VERY fast and mumbling - "Under general endotracheal anesthesia and the patient supine on the ____  table,...." Sounds like hen-nic  or possibly even "head and neck" but I can't verify this in my books.  Thanks is advance for your time and your help!     ...

When A Company Offers - Sm
Dec 10, 2009

pay for an IC for a 65 readable character line, does that mean they don't pay for spaces?  ...

Plenty Of Job Offers
Dec 01, 2010

So here is a blindly obvious question. With all of the job ads on this site, who is getting hired? Are they actually real jobs that are being posted by "real" people who actually need MT work done? Are any of you applying and getting these jobs. I have found that there is NEVER a shortage of MT jobs to apply for. There are ALWAYS ads on several sites soliciting the help of both experienced and newer MT's. As many MT's that are on this site I think I would here a few more success s ...

More Jobs & Offers? (sm)
Apr 03, 2014

It seems there have been more jobs posted this week.  After only hearing from one company in the two months I've been searching for work I got two more offers to test and one possible offer on a job in the last two days.  I'd like to know i others have noticed this increase in work or if it's just coincidence.  It seems many lost work after the beginning of the year, so wondering if the providers had a rude awakening with unedited reports? ...

Job Offers: 0.04 / 0.05 Cents Per Line
Jul 30, 2010

Hello all.. this will be my first real job.. I've applied at several places, taken the tests, sent in resumes... and now I'm getting calls with job offers. These people are company owners who sound very nice and legitimate, but what I'm being offered sounds pretty low.  The first company says: 0.04 cents per line, and the second one says they pay 0.05 cents.  The second company says they pay by the "byte" rather than by the line.  You take the total number of bytes ...

Job Wanted Board - Any Job Offers?
Jun 14, 2011

Has anyone ever gotten a job after they've posted on the Job Wanted Board?  Just wondering.  (sorry if this is the wrong board to post this message) ...

Which Course Offers Inpatient Med Coding?
Mar 24, 2011

I am going to start a medical coding course at a community college but they are teaching outpatient insurance coding.  What do I need to do to be able to do inpatient coding in a hospital?  Is there a different test for certification for doing inpatient coding? ...

Two Completely Different Type Of Job Offers..HELP!
Jun 07, 2011

I have had two job offers this morning and they are two completely different scenarios.  1st offer...80% VR 20% ESL 8 cpl typing 5 cpl VR, new program to learn.  2nd offer...100% straight typing 25% ESL 8.5 cpl typing, program already experienced on. Between VR editing and straight typing options, which is going to give me more money.   I know this board is going to be full of both opinions, but will read them all.    I'm not revealing the compan ...

What's This? Hiring With Bonus Offers?
Jun 08, 2014

I'm not happy with a hiring frenzy knowing my primary account seldom has any work!  Why don't they offer us a line count increase instead of hiring more people to consistently run us out of work?  Just a thought. ...

Inscribe LLC Offers Employee Status?
Apr 27, 2011

Does anyone know if Inscribe LLC offers employee status?  They contacted me from the resume board here and I know nothing about them but need a job ASAP.  Comments? Concerns?  Thank you !!! ...

I Heard That MQ Offers A CMT Differential? Are You Kidding Me?
Jul 25, 2011

Why do I find it hard to believe that they would actually give a shift diff for ANYTHING.  They are in the business of reducing/cutting/taking AWAY not giving, especially if they really don't need to.  Does anyone here actually get a CMT differential or know that there is one?  Do you think it is actually worth it?  I hate ADHI but I do like to EAT and with these pay cuts, that is getting harder to do! Please, no bashers of the CMT, I've heard it all.  I KNOW ...

Resume Bank Job Offers From Posting?
Jul 25, 2012

Has anyone had any job offers from posting their resume in the resume bank? ...

Help: Job Offers From Both Synernet And Amphion. What Should I Choose?
Jan 04, 2013

I have full-time job offers right now from both Synernet and Amphion and I don't know what to do.  They are both for the same shift/days.  Synernet is straight typing and Amphion is mostly VR.  I just don't know what do choose.  Anybody have opinions? ...

Spinal Cord Stim Placement; Pt Placed On S/l Radee Up Table/Radeyup
Oct 07, 2011

xx ...

Anyone Work For A Company That Offers Quarterly Bonuses? 
Oct 14, 2011

Anyone work for a company that offers quarterly bonuses?  ...