A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How come no one's talking about the increased line requirement? - Did I miss something?

Posted: Dec 21, 2012

I'm aware of the increase in lines per hour to 186 (average between regular and edited) which I think might be a little challenging to sustain on a regular day-in and day-out basis, but why is no one discussing the increased weekly line requirements. It's a pretty significant jump. 

Line requirement. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't see one. I understood that for incentive you needed to break 7000 a week but I didn't know if that 7000 was a requirement. That seems high.

I'm PT/30 hours and was told 5580 per week... - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
with a total of 11,160 per pay period. This is 1290 lines more per week than before (2580 additional lines per pay period). I think it's pretty significant. I'm envisioning a future without bathroom breaks :(

increased lines - AJ

[ In Reply To ..]
Pretty soon we will have to sit on the toilet while we work so that we don't have to stop typing for anything. Might want to grab a sandwich and a drink for that non-existent lunch break too.

always been 187 for me - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
My LPH has always been 187 so there is no change for me. The only times I have problems meeting that is when I am doing completely straight typing and that sometimes will slow me down but as long as I have a mix of both I have no problem making that LPH at all

We all will be missing something, our paycheck - Polypurebred

[ In Reply To ..]
This MTSO thinks they are going to slave drive the MLS into perfection and speed, while decreasing their wages. What do they think is going to change. Many MLS have done the same accounts and jobs for years and all of a sudden, they are going to miraculously speed up? What What. I guess we all missed something.

Increased line requirement indeed - AnnieOakley

[ In Reply To ..]
I posted something the other day, but readers had not realized it was coming. I think they are pushing us to the brink this time. Also, we will be getting paid less for straight type.
I cannot maintain that rate on this platform. This will be the end.

increased line requirement - AJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I think I am right there with you. It seems like that is the method to their madness. They want to make it impossible or so close to it that only the very desperate will hold on to these pitiful low paying jobs. It is sickening what they are doing to this industry. Ever notice that it is almost always men at the very top and women in the jobs, is there sexual discrimination that comes into play here too?

Same caca being pulled by Achoo-sis. Trying to - get blood out of turnips, I guess.

[ In Reply To ..]
May MT blood give them all hepatitis, and a less-than-prosperous new year!

It used to be 220 VR and 110 standard. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
So with mostly VR, 186 is an improvement for a lot of us.

Similar Messages:

To The AP Transcriptionists: Now That There Is A Line Requirement And An Hours Requirement (sm)
Sep 25, 2012

what are you all doing when there is no work during whatever your shift may have been?  Are you having to make up the hours elsewhere?  (That could lead to potentially a lot of bouncing around the shifts trying to find work.) ...

Increased LDH, Increased Enucleated Cells And The Increased __________size In The Specimen.
Jan 11, 2011

Not sure if enucleated cells is correct and can't understand 'blank' - sounds like infasize??? ...

Have They Increased Line Rates??
Oct 09, 2014

I noticed a couple of posts about companies paying 6.5 CPL. Was I right when I predicted they would have to increased rates to hang onto the experienced editors? Or are they paying that for transcription? ...

Line Requirement For
Mar 15, 2010

Can somebody explain this to me?  I know you can work up to 40 hrs weekly, but what is the required line count?  I'm wanting to go to PT so I can get another PT job somewhere else, as the NJA drives my nuts.  I'm currently required to get 100 lph at FTLB.  Is this also my requirement if I go PT?  CCM has been MIA, so I'm not getting any help there and having a hard time finding exactly what I'm looking for on Central.  Thanks ...

Line Requirement
Dec 05, 2011

Last month, there was a post about a company that requires 12,000 lines per pay period full time requirement. I cannot remember which company it was.  Can anyone refresh my memory? ...

Line Count Requirement
May 07, 2013

Is anyone else having difficulty making required line counts on Accentus Canadian account? ...

Synernet - What Is Their Daily Line Requirement?
Aug 01, 2010

Are you only allowed an 8 hour window to do your work? ...

Question - What If You Make Your Line Requirement
Dec 30, 2011

Do I still have to make up those hours?  ...

Has The Weekly Line Requirement Changed?
Dec 15, 2012

/ ...

Line Count Requirement Nuance
Mar 06, 2013

Does anyone know the minimum line count per hour required for Nuance for an MLS.  Thanks Vick ...

Has Our Minimum Line Requirement Changed?
Nov 19, 2014

It is still 150 lines/hr for straight isn't it?  (I think I've gotten a total of 3 straight transcription jobs in the last month).  So, is it 150 lines for VR too, which is what the majority of our work is?  Or is the line requirement much higher for VR?  This is all assuming there is work of course........ ...

Does Anyone Know The Line Requirement For Full-time And
Jan 12, 2015

What Is Your Minimum Line Requirement, Typing, VR, Or Combination.
May 03, 2012

x ...

Line Count Requirement Change. Lowered For Us
Jul 01, 2013

I'm in FuturNet so it was acutally lowered for me.  Wowza!  ...

So, Starting Today Is The 1500 Line Requirement On Fluency?
Sep 01, 2013

just wanted to make sure i'm getting it in! ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Meeting Line Count Requirement At Nuance?
Nov 06, 2014

Just wondering ...

Increased Pay On Holidays
Oct 26, 2011

Does anyone know if you get time and a half for work on holidays? ...

Increased, Elevated
Jan 27, 2012

Hello!  Aren't increased and elevated the same?  This is the sentence: evaluate for increased elevated TSH. Do I leave this as is or take out one of them?  Which do I take out?  Do I just need a comma?  Can I leave it as is?  Thanks!       ...

Increased Signal?
Mar 20, 2012

On MRI:  There is increased –signal?-- in the subacromial space, consistent with bursitis. I just can't hear what he says.  Thanks. ...

Increased Arm Tone S/l In-con-gwent-ly
Oct 05, 2010

Patient with Parkinson disease.  During exam, doctor dictates "Resting tremor in the left arm was noted with increased tone (s/l in-con-gwent-ly) in the left arm." She is a pretty clear dictator, but I am stumped on this. Any thoughts? ...

Increased ASR, Less Straight Transcription??
Oct 24, 2010

Anybody notice increased ASR in the last week or 2, with less straight typing.  Just when I thought I had already hit the lowest I possibly could, they do this.  I was at least getting between 100-300 transcription lines before, now all the sudden lucky to get any.  My pay has already been deposited in the bank, down another $100 from before.  What do they want next, blood? ...

No Erythema, No Increased S/l Teeth?
May 31, 2012

There isn't much to this dictation other than, "There is no erythema. There is no increased *s/l T or teeth*. Patient is having their knee examined. Clear speaker, but the T or teeth doesn't make any sense to me. Any ideas? TIA   ...

How Will The Increased Level Of A&P Be Used In 2014 With ICD-10?
Sep 11, 2012

Does anyone know exactly why ICD-10 will require a greater knowledge of A&P? What else are we going to need more of? Why? ...

OTI Has Worked Increased On The T Account? Nm
Apr 16, 2013

nm ...

Increased Production With Fluency?
Jun 07, 2014

I just trained on a new account using Fluency, which I have never used before.  I was impressed with the features geared to increased production for the MT. I'm curious to hear from Fluency users as to whether you were able to increase editing production and if so, about how much? ...

Decreased Wages, Increased LPH
Jan 07, 2015

In the past 4 years, my productivity requirements have risen 40 LPH, in 2014 our productivity bonus was taken away, now in 2015 our passing QA scores have been increased.    I feel sorry for anyone entering the MT field these days.    ...

Increased Volume Email From BR
May 15, 2015

Did anyone else receive an email from BR this morning stating we are to let her know if we are seeing an increased amount of work as she made changes to the settings so we'll receive more? They added this to our POD a week or two ago w/o letting us know and sent an email out after the fact. Nice to know they've added more work to our POD when we can't even clear out the work we're already getting... Thank you. ...

Article - Dictation And Transcription Will Be Under Increased Scrutiny
Dec 29, 2009

We'll see how this shakes out but what it looks like, according to this article, is that security will be forefront. To me this means that the vampire squids (the suits) who live and die for widespread databases will need to figure out how they can make their systems more secure. I think they can't if they continue the road their on. See below for recent article link.  http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/122109p10.shtml ...

MT Experience Helped Get A Job And Increased Starting Pay As Coder
May 12, 2015

I just wanted to post a word of encouragement to others looking for a coding job.  I'm currently working as an MT, studying coding at The Andrews School, passed my CPC exam in December and I just got my first job in coding.  Because of my MT experience, my new employer gave me "credit" for my MT experience and gave me a higher starting pay rate.  I haven't even finished my studies at Andrews yet.  The jobs are out there, and there are companies willing to hire new c ...

No One Talking About DIT
May 30, 2011

I am really surprised that there is no one talking about DIT.  I know that I am not the only one that got the shaft from them.  The owners last excuse for not paying me for work completed was that he just found out that he was losing his eyesight!.  Again, I fell for it hook, line and sinker.  He couldn't answer his emails because he had to find someone else to read them to him.  By the end of the conversation, I was in tears..... I am such a fool.  I did however, get my pay in full, ...