A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Reporting Time Pay - ex-Nuance Newbie

Posted: Feb 08, 2015

I had posted about this when I was still with the company.  I'm reposting this to help you all out, as when I had last posted about it I had emailed Nuance regarding the New York law. 

I had emailed them regarding my shift, that I followed all procedures, and then I sent a .pdf of the New York State Labor statute regarding reporting time pay.

THEY PAID IT.  THEY ABSOLUTELY PAID IT.  My TSM was not happy and thought I had mismarked the time card.  HR/Payroll replied immediately that it would be done per state law.

The link below is a state-by-state breakdown.  This is an older link, but it's what I used to then go to the New York State Department of Labor site, find the clause, and then email that in.

It's small comfort, but especially during dead times at least you'd get something.  Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for posting that....interesting - Nuance breaks these

[ In Reply To ..]
laws on a daily basis. I am sure they would figure out some way to get out of it if everyone started demanding this pay. They aren't about to pay us for doing NO work. They don't even want to pay for DOING WORK.

I am glad that you got them to pay....

Shame on them for not including this info in - their out of work policy.

[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone in every state that includes this pay should file for back pay owed. There's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Can I ask if you stayed with them - much longer after this?

[ In Reply To ..]
I worry about being targeted if you do this - i.e. given horrible extra accounts which will bring your lph down on purpose, having a schedule change forced on you, having your work targeted even worse (if that is even possible) by FIESA.

I think if I knew I were leaving I would do this since what have you got to lose, but not sure I want to bring the wrath of Nuance on my back when I still am working there.

not long...but they didn't know I was leaving - ex-Nuance Newbie

[ In Reply To ..]
I just did it very matter-of-fact and put it as "this is my state labor rules and I want to be in compliance. Per the handbook you guys participate in all local labor rules. How do we reflect this?"

I think if it was something I did a lot perhaps there could've been backlash, but since I only did it once and left shortly after I didn't experience anything about that. I think, honestly, once they have it in black and white there isn't much they can do about it. Yes, I'd be worried about backlash, but my post was more to make folks aware that this is their right and they complied.

If I did this at the moment it would be - every day all my hours

[ In Reply To ..]
So I don't think that would go over well.

No lie, this whole week and last week there has been no work during my regular shift or very little. I am having to "flex" myself all over the clock to get any work at all and it is so frustrating.

I get annoyed when it's suggested I change my hours - I was there first, what about telling all the newcomers to change their hours? Really, being with this company for years gets you no advantage at all.

Definitely if I ever get out of this hole I will do what you suggest too right before I leave, but if I tried it now I just wonder - I see MModal people are forced to change schedules whether they like it or not and also they seem to be forced to take on many multiple new accounts. That I don't want.

I am going to keep waiting for awhile and get a second job to buffer the Nuance effect (on my psyche AND my bank account), which I hope will lead to a way out of Nuance.

Similar Messages:

Reporting Time Pay Aka On Call Or Call-in Pay
May 08, 2015

I am considering requesting this pay which (depending on the state) considers us to be on-call and must be paid for part of our shift if no work. I have had it up to here with Nuance and running out of work, adding more and more accounts and STILL no work. Got a second job and STILL being screwed by Nuance in the sense that I cannot rely on my first job (income wise), because when there is enough work they manage to screw my cpl with their lovely FIESA, then as soon as I have no errors the work ...

LOL Maybe Dr. H Will Be Reporting On The New
Jul 27, 2012

Whatcha think? :-) ...

Reporting USA Out Of Texas?
Aug 01, 2010

anyone work for them? ...

Court Reporting
Mar 03, 2011

As I have all of my eggs in one basket with medical transcription, I am looking into court reporting.  I have been in this industry for 20 years and I have seen the constant decline of this industry.   I am just curious if anyone has knowledge of court reporting and if it would be an easy transition.  I will primarily be focused on worker's comp depositions.  I don't foresee any problem with the doctor's deposition as I have the medical terminology down.  Thanks for any i ...

Reporting F11 On Self Care
Jul 28, 2011

I keep a log of my F11s and report then all at once, at the end of the day, like instructed since a couple of months ago.  I apparently left one number out of the IJ# last week and just got a phone call.  I got chewed out about ABUSING F11!    I got so angry that I argued back that as the person that is having to attempt to decipher a ESL dictator using a poor quality system with disgustingly poor audio quality that I should be given a MEDAL to have made heads AND tails ...

I Am Reporting Discrepancies Under The Help Tab
Aug 27, 2012

Is that the right place, cause have been doing it for over 3 weeks now and getting really frustrated...my comments are getting nastier and nastier by the day, would hate for no one to be seeing them. ...

Anybody Else Having Trouble Reporting
Nov 19, 2012

Log into Remedy and when I click report a problem-->report NJA, the screen turns blue and won't let me do anything. On hold with support, just wanted to check here.TIA ...

Under Or Over Reporting Hours
Mar 06, 2014

What difference does it make if we are over reporting our hours.  We don't get PTO any longer so what does it matter?  We r supposed to clock in and out when we get up to use the restroom or just stretch our legs.  Other people that work outside of MT don't have to clock in and out each time they get up to go to the bathroom then why should we?  That way we have to work an hour or 2 longer than we are scheduled just to get in potty breaks or leg stretching time!!!! ...

Anyone Work For Heritage Reporting In DC?
Oct 10, 2011

it's a legal transcription that had a job listing late September and it has intrigued me.  Apparently they pay by the page, and I have no idea how that would work out. I also wonder about work flow/ does it dry up?  can you have backup accounts, etc etc.   Thanks in advance. ...

Reporting A Problem In Remedy
Sep 19, 2012

can anyone tell me how to report an incident in Remedy? I click on report a problem then the only choice I have is Report a hardware/software issue, report NJA or F11. There is nothing there about reporting a new incident?? ...

Radiation Dose Reporting - Sm
Jul 21, 2014

Regarding the DLP - I've seen it written variously mGy-cm, mGy•cm and mGy.cm.   Becuase it's a product, my inclination is think that the second (with the dot used as in mathmetical publications to indicate multiplication) is correct but just not sure.  Anyone have a definitive answer & reference?   Thanks :)  ...

Return Of MQ Equipment--reporting It As Stolen?
Aug 06, 2010

I am a former MedQuister who left over 2 years ago. I just today recieved a letter from MQ stating they have contacted me 3 times over equipment that had not been returned that belongs to them. As far as I know, I was only contacted one time, it was about 3 or 4 months after I had left, and I had returned my equipment about a week or two after I ended my employment. So...this letter says they will report the equipment as stolen to the authorities, will report $2000 value of equipment on a tax f ...

Has Anyone Researched Court Reporting Or Scoping? SM
Oct 19, 2010

All of my work seems to be going to EMR or voice recognition.  I have three kids and I need to stay financially stable.  As I hang on to my last account, I am looking to go back to school.  I dont know where to go.  I was thinking about court reporting and/or scoping work.  Does anyone know where I can find information on these careers? Better yet, does anyone have personal experiencing working within this field? ...

Has The Same Thing Happened To Court Reporting?
Nov 06, 2013

Just got to wondering. I know back when I made 50K doing MT, I was told court reporters were making twice that.  I never really understood what they do, some kind of shorthand machine? only I don't think they use that anymore.  So has their career gone down the tubes as well? anyone know? ...

Reporting Companies To Labor Board?
May 21, 2015

I am just curious...has anyone ever reported companies that don't pay you for your work? I have been reading posts about some of them particularly the one that has a new pay system where I think you all said you only get paid for 80% of your work?? How absurd. That has got to be illegal. I have provided the link to get you started. I reported a company I worked for 30 years ago in a different field who tried to withold my paycheck because I just quit without notice. All I had to do wa ...

I'm Going To Start Reporting Every Single Company That Is Advertising
Jan 21, 2010

...if it's obvious they are really looking for employees but want to avoid paying benefits.   Just how much abuse and illegal crap are we supposed to take in this industry. Enough already!! ...

Doctor Reporting Poor Quality Reports....
Feb 18, 2015

sooooo...I just received an email from the quality person of the day.  She said the client requested an audit of all reports for a certain provider based upon poor quality.  Two of my reports came up on this audit as being below 99.5.  These reports had 1-point errors on them because of omitted and/or inserted medical words.    I am not denying that I made the mistakes.  However, if there is a consistent quality problem with a certain provider, perhaps...and I kno ...

Going Back To School - Info On Court Reporting And/or Scoping?
Nov 06, 2010

Anybody have any info on court reporting and/or scoping? ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

ATTN: To The Poster Who Keeps "reporting" Messages -- SM
May 12, 2011

You reported messages all morning and are still at it.  There is nothing wrong with the messages you are reporting.  I can tell from your statements that you think your comments are going to the person who made the post.  Well, they aren't!  LOL   They come only to me.  You can take your snide, hateful self to another board if you don't like what is being posted here. Moderator   ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

Does Precyse Hire Any Part-time Or Only Full-time?
Nov 03, 2010

nm ...

Overtime Because Of The Time Clock Time Zone Change?
Feb 06, 2011

It has been inconvenient, and maybe a bit confusing at times, to check my time card hours for my shift as, because of my time zone, part of my hours show up on the next day because I work 2nd shift. I wonder if I will get overtime for yesterday, even though I did not work overtime. I had to start work several hours early because of maintenance, so all hours were completed before the hour my hours start showing up on the next day. Fine. But the last couple hours of yesterday show up as today, ...

Anybody Else's Actual Time Worked Not Match Clocked Time?
Jun 13, 2011

Ever since they have changed Schedule Source and now it has a display called today's activity with "actuals" hours, this has not matched the hours shown with the time clock punches and is less than the hours according to the clock punch. The difference adds up to a significant amount over time. I am really suspicious about being jypped paywise. ...

MQ Rehire Policy For Part Time To Full Time
Apr 09, 2011

I worked for MQ full time and then went to part time last year, before finally quitting altogether because of health problems. I seem to remember an obscure policy that if you were full time and then went to part time, you could not go back to full time for a period of at least 1 year.  Can anyone verify that for me? IF, and this is a big IF, I were to go back to work for MQ, I would need to be full time. ...

Part-time Versus Full-time Benefits
Jan 10, 2013

I'm curious as to the difference between the benefits for part-time versus full-time employment.  Are they the same?   ...

The New MQ Time Clock Time Zone Change
Jan 04, 2011

is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  Like I'm going to remember 6 months from now to ask for my PTO in CST time when I am in EST time zone.  MQ is the screwiest company I have ever worked for. ...

Optiscript Part Time To Full Time
Nov 19, 2011

Does anyone care to share that if you are hired at optiscript part time will they let you change to full time easily? I know they are a small company and do not over hire so I do not know how easily this could be done.  I am thinking of cutting down to part time at my current employee so I can work part time elsewhere and eventually just leave my current employee once I see how the land lays elsewhere.  Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated :) ...