A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

doctor reporting poor quality reports.... - kcmt

Posted: Feb 18, 2015

sooooo...I just received an email from the quality person of the day.  She said the client requested an audit of all reports for a certain provider based upon poor quality.  Two of my reports came up on this audit as being below 99.5.  These reports had 1-point errors on them because of omitted and/or inserted medical words. 

I am not denying that I made the mistakes.  However, if there is a consistent quality problem with a certain provider, perhaps...and I know this is crazy....it's the provider's fault!  The mistakes I made were in common phrases that were slurred or mush-mouthed through.

Infuriating to say the least.

I gave up reporting poor quality dictators - and audio

[ In Reply To ..]
Quality is a 1-way street with this company..new motto is garbage in garbage out..fire me.

Poor - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I have gotten myself in a turmoil with this company and their ridiculous quality scores that are mainly nothing short of "looking for something" to pick apart. I feel the same way, I am doing my job, if you don't like the job I am doing, don't threaten me, don't send me any more graphs, leave me alone....

I get tired of editing gibberish that makes no sense. - If I get canned for adding a

[ In Reply To ..]
word, so be it. Dumas company.

Similar Messages:

Poor Quality - Vent
Sep 02, 2011

Working for one of my prn jobs yesterday and had to look in the patient's chart to get information.  Found a hospital discharge summary on the patient dictated by a doctor I also type for in a different group and was appalled at the poor quality of the transcription.  In the first line was transcribed that the patient was transferred from HAMSTER Hospital - nope, no Hamster hospitals around here - then an easy blank in the review of systems and another in the physical exam pl ...

Sound Quality Very Poor
Aug 31, 2012

Is it me or is it that the sound quality is getting worse and worse on these accounts.  Ever since last year when they had the town hall meeting saying they were making improvements (e mails, etc.) and then they got bought, seems all that improving stopped.  Half of the work I get every day or more are simple inaudible, I cannot hear or the static is so bad, or the sound so low, I have to send to QA b/c these are not intelligible. Is it me, or has it always been this bad?  We are ...

What Would Cause Such Poor Sound Quality? Sm
Mar 26, 2013

I know my hearing has not changed but it seems that the sound quality of the dictation lately has changed.  It doesn't matter whether I'm using a cphone or downloaded voice files.  On A LOT of the dictations there seems to be a whooshing sound (for lack of a better description) in the background.   On others there seems to be a squeaking sound as if the doctor is playing with the phone cord.  Is this because the docs are now dictating directly into the computer ...

Poor Sound Quality
Oct 07, 2013

Almost ALL reports done so far this a.m. have had the worst quality.  Dictation cutting in and out, muffled speech, turning head away from phone, shuffling of papers, talking in background.  COME ON!!!  This job is difficult enough.  Quit wasting my time on this garbage.  ARGH. ...

POOR QUALITY AUDIO
May 29, 2014

Trying to finish my shift for Mmodal.  Doing maintenance on phones, but what a ride it's been trying to do transcription.  The audio is all garbled like an old loop system that has been used to the max.  Leaving more blanks that transcribed product on the page.  There are going to be some  unhappy docs over this. ...

Help Poor Sound Quality Report
Apr 03, 2011

Please HELP!!!  What is the policy when you have a 22 minute dictation and the sound quality is so poor you can only understand may be every 4th or 5th word/phrase.  I already have about 25 blanks and I'm only about 5 minutes in.  I have been a tier 3 MT for 12+ years and am not trying to pass the buck here.  I believe it is actually a mechanical malfunction on his end.  There are times when it is dead silent and I can't tell if he is dictating or not through i ...

InScribe Poor Sound Quality
Oct 14, 2012

I'm just wondering if poor sound quality (very muffled) can be due to other things than dictator using cell phone, etc.  I recently started working with Inscribe, and sometimes it seems like every single dictator is very hard to hear clearly (static, overall muffled, etc), so I'm wondering if it's something to do with a temporary condition related to the Inscribe platform/server or the hospital.   Before this account, I got all my dictation over the phone, so this is new to m ...

What Did He Say? Poor Sound Quality This Past Month.
Jun 11, 2014

A lot of the reports I've had in recent weeks have been hard to hear.  I'll start to think it's my hearing or my headset, then one will come in crystal clear, and I realize the others are just muffled.  Back in the days of tapes, we'd get scratchy, muffled tapes from time to time, but I never would have thought in the year 2014 with digital technology, I'd still be dealing with the same problem. ...

Article - Doctor Claims Poor EMR Training Cost Him His Job
Oct 27, 2011

Ha! This thing looks like as I predicted....a disaster waiting to happen.   http://www.fierceemr.com/story/fired-doctor-my-ehr-training-was-poor/2011-10-27?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal ...

FIESA Weekly Reports On Quality.........where Did It Go?
Oct 16, 2014

Just wondering where those weekly reports went on all the MTs quality scores that are e-mailed every week?  Hmmm ...

My Doctor Nephew Just Found Out Why His Reports Are Full Of Holes
Dec 01, 2009

His dictation is going offshore and coming back a mess. He doesn't have time to sit down and edit and there is nobody at the hospital doing any proofing. I know the VA won't allow offshoring but does anyone know who at the VA made that decision and how I can get ahold of them? ...

New Quality Index Vs Old Quality Score
Oct 18, 2014

I ran an error report for all reports, all accounts on my platform for this quarter, 10/1 - 10/18. So far the Quality Index is 84% vs Quality Score 99.18%.  Didn't they advertise this new error scoring as working out in our favor?  Doesn't look like it to me. This is based on 2194 jobs and 105,358 lines audited on E5.  I checked the box that says view all corrections on the correction report. ...

LOL Maybe Dr. H Will Be Reporting On The New
Jul 27, 2012

Whatcha think? :-) ...

Reporting USA Out Of Texas?
Aug 01, 2010

anyone work for them? ...

Court Reporting
Mar 03, 2011

As I have all of my eggs in one basket with medical transcription, I am looking into court reporting.  I have been in this industry for 20 years and I have seen the constant decline of this industry.   I am just curious if anyone has knowledge of court reporting and if it would be an easy transition.  I will primarily be focused on worker's comp depositions.  I don't foresee any problem with the doctor's deposition as I have the medical terminology down.  Thanks for any i ...

Reporting F11 On Self Care
Jul 28, 2011

I keep a log of my F11s and report then all at once, at the end of the day, like instructed since a couple of months ago.  I apparently left one number out of the IJ# last week and just got a phone call.  I got chewed out about ABUSING F11!    I got so angry that I argued back that as the person that is having to attempt to decipher a ESL dictator using a poor quality system with disgustingly poor audio quality that I should be given a MEDAL to have made heads AND tails ...

I Am Reporting Discrepancies Under The Help Tab
Aug 27, 2012

Is that the right place, cause have been doing it for over 3 weeks now and getting really frustrated...my comments are getting nastier and nastier by the day, would hate for no one to be seeing them. ...

Anybody Else Having Trouble Reporting
Nov 19, 2012

Log into Remedy and when I click report a problem-->report NJA, the screen turns blue and won't let me do anything. On hold with support, just wanted to check here.TIA ...

Under Or Over Reporting Hours
Mar 06, 2014

What difference does it make if we are over reporting our hours.  We don't get PTO any longer so what does it matter?  We r supposed to clock in and out when we get up to use the restroom or just stretch our legs.  Other people that work outside of MT don't have to clock in and out each time they get up to go to the bathroom then why should we?  That way we have to work an hour or 2 longer than we are scheduled just to get in potty breaks or leg stretching time!!!! ...

Reporting Time Pay
Feb 08, 2015

I had posted about this when I was still with the company.  I'm reposting this to help you all out, as when I had last posted about it I had emailed Nuance regarding the New York law.  I had emailed them regarding my shift, that I followed all procedures, and then I sent a .pdf of the New York State Labor statute regarding reporting time pay.   THEY PAID IT.  THEY ABSOLUTELY PAID IT.  My TSM was not happy and thought I had mismarked the time card.  HR/Payrol ...

Anyone Work For Heritage Reporting In DC?
Oct 10, 2011

it's a legal transcription that had a job listing late September and it has intrigued me.  Apparently they pay by the page, and I have no idea how that would work out. I also wonder about work flow/ does it dry up?  can you have backup accounts, etc etc.   Thanks in advance. ...

Reporting A Problem In Remedy
Sep 19, 2012

can anyone tell me how to report an incident in Remedy? I click on report a problem then the only choice I have is Report a hardware/software issue, report NJA or F11. There is nothing there about reporting a new incident?? ...

Radiation Dose Reporting - Sm
Jul 21, 2014

Regarding the DLP - I've seen it written variously mGy-cm, mGy•cm and mGy.cm.   Becuase it's a product, my inclination is think that the second (with the dot used as in mathmetical publications to indicate multiplication) is correct but just not sure.  Anyone have a definitive answer & reference?   Thanks :)  ...

Return Of MQ Equipment--reporting It As Stolen?
Aug 06, 2010

I am a former MedQuister who left over 2 years ago. I just today recieved a letter from MQ stating they have contacted me 3 times over equipment that had not been returned that belongs to them. As far as I know, I was only contacted one time, it was about 3 or 4 months after I had left, and I had returned my equipment about a week or two after I ended my employment. So...this letter says they will report the equipment as stolen to the authorities, will report $2000 value of equipment on a tax f ...

Has Anyone Researched Court Reporting Or Scoping? SM
Oct 19, 2010

All of my work seems to be going to EMR or voice recognition.  I have three kids and I need to stay financially stable.  As I hang on to my last account, I am looking to go back to school.  I dont know where to go.  I was thinking about court reporting and/or scoping work.  Does anyone know where I can find information on these careers? Better yet, does anyone have personal experiencing working within this field? ...

Has The Same Thing Happened To Court Reporting?
Nov 06, 2013

Just got to wondering. I know back when I made 50K doing MT, I was told court reporters were making twice that.  I never really understood what they do, some kind of shorthand machine? only I don't think they use that anymore.  So has their career gone down the tubes as well? anyone know? ...

Reporting Companies To Labor Board?
May 21, 2015

I am just curious...has anyone ever reported companies that don't pay you for your work? I have been reading posts about some of them particularly the one that has a new pay system where I think you all said you only get paid for 80% of your work?? How absurd. That has got to be illegal. I have provided the link to get you started. I reported a company I worked for 30 years ago in a different field who tried to withold my paycheck because I just quit without notice. All I had to do wa ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

I'm Going To Start Reporting Every Single Company That Is Advertising
Jan 21, 2010

...if it's obvious they are really looking for employees but want to avoid paying benefits.   Just how much abuse and illegal crap are we supposed to take in this industry. Enough already!! ...