A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The new MQ time clock time zone change - sm

Posted: Jan 04, 2011

is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  Like I'm going to remember 6 months from now to ask for my PTO in CST time when I am in EST time zone.  MQ is the screwiest company I have ever worked for.

its good for me - squeegie

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to have to enter PTO in Eastern time zone when I am in Central... so I guess now we are even.

:)

I don't understand with all the computer technology - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
why something like time zones is even an issue. Why can't the time card system work with all time zones?

not the technology... its the programmers - dirt road

[ In Reply To ..]
All things could be easier here if things were done the right way, but the MTs don't run things, and we are the only ones with logic, it seems.
Now that they changed the time zone, my - time card is messed up.
[ In Reply To ..]
Although it shows my times in my time zone, PST, anything after 9 pm ends up on the next day. So, even though the time is right, the time clock is acting as though it is on EST and putting it on the next day. It has made it a bit of a brain strain to figure out my hours. They finally figured out that they might be paying night rates for time zones not yet in the night zone, but, now they may find themselves paying OT if they go by the day the clock enters the time. We'll see when I get a paycheck on this new system as, for me, I see a problem that hours I worked in my pay period may get pushed over into the next pay period. Figuring out what shift differential zone you fall into in your time zone should be very simple, but the programmers (on shore? off shore?) have probably made a very convoluted program.
If it ain't broke....FIX IT - gotta mess up things somehow NM
[ In Reply To ..]
<>

I LOVE THE CHANGE, ridiculous having to - Good change for once

[ In Reply To ..]
adjust time ahead 3 hours every time I have to request PTO, change schedule, etc. I am in the West and this is a good change for me!!! It is your time to have to adjust in the east. I tnink it is stupid to have to adjust time at all, the system should do it for us since MQ is world wide with many different time zones.

You still have to adjust the time 2 hours - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
ahead to convert from PST to CST. It certainly is stupid that the program does not convert the time on the back end for payroll.

Only 1 hour difference between PST and CST - Good change for me

[ In Reply To ..]
and certainly much easier to calculate than 3 hours, especially with a CCM who is no better at it than me (but one of the best CCMs I have had otherwise).

I am assuming the whole time reporting thing must be done in India now and that is why the technology seems to be going backward. Probably do not know how to program the system so it works efficiently. Complete waste of time and money if you ask me.
Uh, PST and CST are 2 hours difference. - Just so you know. LOL
[ In Reply To ..]
Easier to calculate 1 hour than 2 or 3 hours? That doesn't even make sense. Scratching head here.

MQ should have sent us all a calculator for a Christmas gift.

screwing itself right into the ground, from what - i can see. (nm) Too Many Chiefs

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Overtime Because Of The Time Clock Time Zone Change?
Feb 06, 2011

It has been inconvenient, and maybe a bit confusing at times, to check my time card hours for my shift as, because of my time zone, part of my hours show up on the next day because I work 2nd shift. I wonder if I will get overtime for yesterday, even though I did not work overtime. I had to start work several hours early because of maintenance, so all hours were completed before the hour my hours start showing up on the next day. Fine. But the last couple hours of yesterday show up as today, ...

Re Time Clock, Lph, And Time Worked.
May 18, 2012

My company was honest and upfront when we started using ChartNet.  They told us that once you enter a report for VR, the time clock does not actually start for 60 seconds.  Soooo.... this means if I did 30 reports, I add 30 minutes on my time sheet, right?  Nothing was said about this for straight typing on ChartNet.  We do both.  Does anyone know if the time works the same on VR and straight typing for ChartNet?  I have tried researching it, but I can't find a ...

Change From Full- Time To Part- Time.
Sep 10, 2012

I am still debating whether to enroll at Andrews or M-TEC.  My husband is retiring in 2 years and I want to be able to work part-time after that.  Is it realistic to think that I can complete the course at Andrews or M-TEC in 12 months at the most, work full time for a year and then part-time after that.  I would want to be able to work from home.  I guess the other question is "How long after graduating could I expect to earn enough to make it worth the investment, in a reas ...

DQS Maintenance For 24th From 5 To 6:15 Am EST And 10 Am To 11:15 BST??? What Time Zone Is BST?
Oct 20, 2009

I'm in PST (pacific standard).  I was thinking this BST could mean mountain time?  BUT, the time isn't correct, 5 am Eastern time wouldn't be 10 am mountain time...Hmmm.  Let me guess....is BST a time zone in INDIA???? I know, I know, so what's my point.  Sorry, don't have one.  Just sayin....... ...

Is Paying For A Different Time Zone Legal?
Apr 26, 2015

I work for a transcription company on the west coast.  I have to post my hours in their time zone so I don't quality for a shift differential.  this doesn't seem legal to me. I should be paid for the shift i'm actually working. shouldn't I?! ...

Time Clock
May 22, 2012

The requirement for ICs to use a time clock is apparently to protect the service from being sued for unpaid labor, right? If you sign in honestly, i.e. whenever you are doing anything for this job with the service, tech tweaking, software installation, training, spreadsheets, research, phone calls, etc., etc., etc., it would put you into overtime and you are fired, right? I'm just curious if anyone is given written instructions to sign in ONLY when your fingers will be pounding the ke ...

NJA And Time Clock
Mar 01, 2013

My company has started having us use a time clock now. What happens when we have NJA? Stay on the clock and wait? Keep clocking in and out looking for jobs?   Need advice for those who use a time clock with their company. ...

Be Careful With The Time Clock
Jun 24, 2010

at least once a day I go to clock out, and it clocks me in again automatically immediately.  I then have to wait and clock out again during the next minute or so to make sure that I am indeed officially clocked OUT. Watch it closely.  I don't know what is up. ...

Is There A Company Without A Time Clock?
May 21, 2011

I get paid by the line.  I can't understand why they make me stick to 40 hours.  I can't get enough lines in in 40 hours to make a decent living wage.  Does anyone know of a company (not IC) that just lets me work as much as I want? ...

RE: Is There A Company Without A Time Clock
May 27, 2011

Lest any of you would like to continue debating whether the "activity" mentioned is legal versus illegal.  Transcend paid out MANY thousands for violating the laws you all are talking about and did so around 2006-2007 as did Softscript pay out many thousands MORE around the same time and there are no doubt more violations. I do not encourage you to continue being side tracked by the conflicting posts on this board but am quite confident you all will be.  ...

KEYSTROKES TIME CLOCK
Oct 03, 2011

It is my understanding from an attorney that if we are required to sit and wait for the work that is considered time worked.  Keystrokes wants us to keep track of ONLY the time spent typing, any time spent NOT typing is NOT considered as time working according to them.  You would have to rack up a lot of time just typing to get in those 40 hours in order to get paid overtime.  By the way I have never been paid overtime even after 40 hours and when asked if I would receive it the anwer was ...

THE TRUTH ABOUT KS TIME CLOCK AND OT
Oct 04, 2011

The truth is KS is being sued for not paying overtime.  KS does not have time records and that is why it is being implemented now.  I myself know overtime pay was not offered for anyone taking extra hours on my account.  I also have e-mails to that effect.  KS has not always paid overtime and if it was given it was to a select few or favorites.  At one time gift cards were being given in lieu of overtime on certain accounts, which does not make up for the overtime m ...

Anybody Else Having Trouble With Time Clock
May 14, 2012

typical Monday in M-ville ...

That Sneaky Time Clock
May 19, 2012

Sometimes I miss a punch so I go ahead and punch in when I remember, then go to Card and change it.  Well you really gotta watch it because sometimes it will go right back to the original punch time. ...

M*Modal Time Clock
May 21, 2012

Okay, I work very, very heavy hours, pushing 2000 to 3000 lines per day. I need more than 8 hours, and 40 hour weeks. How do I get around M*M on this? Do we actually clock in and out? I know they need to cover themselves legally, but I don't want 8 hour days, more like 10 to 12 hour days, 6 days a week. Any thoughts on this plan? ...

Time Clock Question
Jul 23, 2012

deleted ...

Time Clock Hours Off
May 28, 2013

Ok, I am wondering something.  I work about 10 hours a day because I have back problems so I get up and walk around the house, then back to work.  I'm not talking an hour walk around the house, I'm talking maybe 10 minutes tops.  So in that 10 hours a day I get maybe 25 hours showing on webclock for the week.  I've tried sitting longer and longer periods still at the end of the week I'm showing less hours, though my line count is 6000 and above.  Is t ...

Why Do Companies Use A Time Clock? (sm)
Apr 13, 2014

If it is going to turn around and bite them in the butt with DOL FLSA complaints?  I assume the purpose is to have proof that their employees are are not working overtime, but with so many below minimum wage, can't DOL subpeona the time clock records to prove FLSA violations?  Could it be time for all of us to file a complaint with our state DOL for minimum wage violations?  I would LOVE to get a check for all the $2.00 per hour days due to lousy dictators, lousy platform, an ...

Donated Off The Clock Time
Feb 26, 2015

I'm sure I will get monitored for this. I am not asking for some suit have it in for me. Because I have run into this so much of the time, I am asking people what they are doing. 1) I approve time card on my day off because that is my day off. Takes about 10 minutes total. Donated time. 2) When I submit an IT ticket and I get a call back that is not when I am ordinarily work, and IT has to remote on to my computer because of some mess they made (and they made the mess), I am clocking in ...

Do You Have To Punch In And Out On The Wedmedx Time Clock?
Feb 14, 2010

nm ...

Time Clock For M-modal ... Info Please
Feb 06, 2012

Hi, I worked for MQ before, and remember how their time clock functioned. Can someone provide information on how it works now?   Are we still expected to clock out when we go to the bathroom?  Do you get locked out of the system outside of your scheduled hours? Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.    ...

Question About Time Clock For Training, Etc
May 20, 2012

Can someone tell me if we physically clock-in for those meeting type things, training, etc., or do we just choose from that dropdown on the left? ...

Transcend/Nuance - Time Clock
Nov 25, 2012

Used to work for Transcend and loved that you input your own time card.  You could put down 8 hours even if it took you 10 to make your lines/$.  Sorry to see employees will now have to use that same stupid clock we all do.  Not hard, just a pain in the (&*&.   When we were acquired by Nuance we still use our old system with time clock built in and the new one too.  Then the reduction in wages.  All in all... not a joyful union.  My sympathies are ...

Accentus IC Status And Time Clock
Jan 04, 2014

Do Accentus ICs have to punch a time clock?  If so, isn't that against the law?  ...

Why Does MM ASR Keep Changing Clock Time Dictated??
May 16, 2014

It keeps changing military time (24-hour clock) to regular time. It has been doing this since the "upgrade". ...

If MQ Offered Me Either 0.05 Raise Or Optioning Out Of Time Clock
Jul 08, 2011

Without a doubt, my production downfall has been the advent of being micromanaged and being held to "compliance."  I have from day one think it is RIDICULOUS to make professionals clock in, in their own living rooms.  I have always worked in spurts...1-2 hours at a time..and then I need a break.  I cannot sit for 8 hours...or even time it to two 4 hour shifts and produce.  No room for last minute things that come up...  Cannot go have lunch with a friend if the opportuni ...

How Many Employees Make Under Minimum Wage & Use A Time Clock?
Jun 27, 2014

I recently started working for a new MTSO and am employee-status for the first time.  We use a time clock.  My LPH is half what it should be due to the volume of horrid dictators. When that rare miracle happens and I get all good dictators for an hour my LPH double and meets requirement. My concern is:  How many are fired because they don't meet the required volume for fear of FSLA suits?  Is this still happening like it was a year ago?   What can we do when the l ...

Time Change
Nov 07, 2010

Does anyone know what we are supposed to do on graveyard during the time change? My CCM is on vacation, and this is my first time on graveyard during the time change.  Any info is appreciated! ...

Don't Forget Time Change!
Mar 10, 2012

Spring forward tonight/wee early hours tomorrow! ...

Change Professions Everyone - It's Time - Here's How I Did It
May 31, 2013

I started medical transcription 16 years ago - all excited and thrilled to be able to work at home.  I made $20 to $25 an hour.  It allowed me to stay home with my children and still have a good income.  16 years ago, the starting rate per line was - .06 per line.  Which is now STILL the starting rate for many companies.  A few lucky old souls out there may get .09 or even .10 a line.  However, when I started, all we did was straight typing.  No pasting notes, ...