A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Remaining PTO balance when you quit - sm

Posted: Jan 20, 2014

I quit today and will have 3 days work in, with a remaining PTO balance of about 2 days.  Any idea when they will pay out the PTO and if it will be direct deposited with my last line payout?

No, but just wanted to say - good for you!

[ In Reply To ..]
Rainbows & happy thoughts

Payment of PTO - zzluckylady

[ In Reply To ..]
I quit on a Friday morning of the first week in a pay period. I got my pay as per usual for that pay period, and my PTO followed in the next pay period.

thank you that's good news - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Two versions of what has happened... - Happyouttathere

[ In Reply To ..]
I had the same response as Zzluckylady but another MT who quit the same time I did took 6 weeks to get her PTO balance paid and they blamed it on the team lead who blamed personnel and no one would write the check until she threatened legal action. By law they have to pay it if you give the 2 week notice...if you give less of a notice it is option anywhere (federal laws here).

Got an email from LE in HR in response to this post and she said - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
"Your PTO will be paid out the pay period after your final wages. This is so we can calcuate the accrual correctly."

Similar Messages:

Do We Get Paid For Remaining PTO When We Quit?
Feb 25, 2010

My last day to work was 02/05/2010.  Got my last paycheck today, did not get paid for remaining PTO balance.  Do we just lose that too? ...

REMAINING TAT
Jan 04, 2010

I want to have a list of remaining TAT jobs for all the client facilities at a time.  I can see the only option is to take report for one client at a time.   Can you please find solution?   Regards, ...

Are The Remaining In-house Employers Discriminating
Jul 22, 2011

at home for MTSOs?  Some ads seem to want X-number of years of RECENT on-site MT experience.  Others don't say that, but with so many failed job applications this past year, even for areas that I've specialized in for 20 years, I'm getting no interest, and often no replies at all.  In addition to having more than 20 years' experience, do you think these employers have a problem with work-at-home MTs?  Like maybe they see us as undisciplined, poorly trained ...

PTO Balance In ScheduleSource
Dec 28, 2009

Does anyone know when the PTO balance is updated in ScheduleSource?  Is it at the end of each week or at the end of each pay period or when?  I'm trying to figure out how many PTO hours I have left for this year after having used a couple of days last week. ...

Perfect Balance
May 14, 2015

I attempt to balance my life and have, for the most part, been successful in the past 10 years with MM.  However, with the constant MOT for the past several months, I feel like I'm in constant chaos.  I can no longer find time to cook, clean, be with my husband, be with my kids, spend time with my extended family, exercise, find time for me, etc.  I am constantly tired, achy, and feel physically and emotionally sick.  I don't eat properly or on a schedule anymore be ...

Does Anyone Out There Use A Balance Ball Chair
Mar 24, 2011

I'm trying to use just my balance ball right now.  I have some low back problems and find that my posture is horrendous with sitting in a normal office chair; however, just the balance ball alone seems to be a little too low.  Overall, it feels more comfortable on my rear end than my normal office chair and I'm definitely sitting up straighter, but wondered if anyone else out there had any experiences, good or bad, with using a balance ball or the balance ball chair setup.&nb ...

PTO Balance - After Leaving Nuance
Aug 03, 2012

To those who have recently left Nuance, how long after receiving your last check do you get paid for you PTO balance?  Or do you not get that $$? I'm trying to be patient as I received my last check last pay period and it did not include any $$ for my PTO balance. Thanks! ...

Vacation Time Balance
Sep 13, 2013

I know this is a dumb question but how do you know how many hours you still have available for vaca? Is it the number under "Balance" in Teamwork?   Thanks! ...

No Pay Hour Balance In The NEGATIVE
Jun 05, 2015

Can't wait to hear my CCM yell at me for being in the negative with my hours.  I am still short 5.8 hours today and my shift has been over for 1.5 hours.  Everyone seems to work hard come end of pay period leaving me with no jobs available.  How can this be my fault..? There are only 2.5 hours in my PTO bank and regardless if I use them or not, cannot wait to hear her choice of words she throws at me!  typically condescending.    Oh well.  There was ...

Stability/balance Ball Chairs
Jan 06, 2012

Anyone use a stability/balance ball as a chair while working?   Would appreciate hearing any thoughts on whether you felt it helped you with posture, core muscles, balance, etc. ...

Top 25 Companies For Work/Life Balance
Aug 16, 2013

See, some companies do value employees as real people.   http://www.glassdoor.com/Top-Companies-for-Work-Life-Balance-LST_KQ0,35.htm?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=topwl13-generic&utm_content=topwl13-generic ...

Seriously, Is TT Trying To Get Everyone To Quit?
Jan 26, 2010

Not only can I not get up to speed flip flopping back and forth between traditional work and VR each and every report, not only did they cut my pay for this not so great new platform, not only can I not change accounts because there is no work on anything but my account, not only has production incentive gotten completely out of my reach, and not only is this year's insurance not actually what I signed up for, but now the latest? Seriously WHAT IS UP?  I can&# ...

BOO HOO -- Can I Quit?
Feb 01, 2010

This is the first time I am transcribing an intubation procedure.  The doctor keeps stating that he used an instrument "Glide slope."  I can only find a GlideScope.  Is he mispronouncing the name of this instrument, or is there a Glide Slope? ...

Anyone Who Has Quit MQ
Mar 15, 2010

Just curious how long it took to get your 401K. I'm thinking about quitting, taking the penalty for cashing in the 401K and living on the rest while I look for a new job. Probably not the best strategy, but this FTR thing is really making me crazy. TIA ...

Want To Quit
Apr 07, 2010

How much notice should I give? ...

Everyone Quit!!
Apr 14, 2010

I am so serious.  Everyone needs to quit transcribing for a while.  We need to get this industry back to where we could actually make a decent living.  I am making less money now than I did 15 years ago.  It is absolutely ridiculous.  As long as we keep agreeing to all the junk that these transcription companies keep throwing at us, it will only continue to go downhill.  I really think I could make as much money at McDonald's than I am now.  Something ...

What Happens To PTO If You Quit?
Jun 01, 2010

I am thinking about starting to look around for another job and was wondering if I need to use up my PTO before I quit or will it be paid out?  If I have PTO saved up and put in my notice will they find a way not to give it to me?  Thanks! ...

QUIT MQ
Jun 15, 2010

Does anyone know about how many people have quit MQ in the past 6 months or so?  It seems that things are going from bad to worse recently.   ...

Quit Job?
Jul 14, 2010

I am thinking about quiting my job at the hospital to try and work from home, but after reading some of the postings here i am wondering if that is such a good idea. Is there really a shortage of work out there? Do i dare take the chance?   jkl ...

Can You Get TAA If You Quit?
Jul 15, 2010

This job has become so impossible to make any money.  I am below min wage on SR, and now they are sending off a bunch of our accounts to Global.  I technically still have work and have not been laid off.  Is TAA possible if the company still has work for us to do?  Can part-time workers get this too or only full-timers?  Many thanks to anyone who answers this.  I did read some of the DOL website but could not find this info.  ...

Does MQ Pay Your PTO If You Quit?
Aug 13, 2010

Does anyone know if MQ is good about paying you for accumulated PTO if you quit or do you have to fight them for it? ...

About To Quit
Jan 05, 2011

I am about to quit MQ due to a health condition and was unable to find in MQCentral the Resignation policy anywhere. Can someone tell me where I can find it.   Thanks ...

MQ WANTS US TO QUIT
Jul 12, 2011

CBAY would prefer to outsource all of the work to India where they can get it done for much cheaper.  To top it off, we do QA for them thus training them to take our jobs!  I'm outta there! ...

I HAVE HAD IT AND I ALSO QUIT
Aug 17, 2011

The pay cut hit me hard last PP and now, this is the third day in a row that not even an hour into my shift I'm out of work.  I don't have any PTO to fall back on and the NJA rate is just as bad...  I went to a friend and practically begged for a job until I find something else.  I'll be cashiering and doing store clerk duties for a little more than 10 bucks an hour.  I feel silly, because he usually hires high school kids and kids in their 20s, you know a ...

Has Anyone Quit...
Aug 27, 2011

and gotten paid for your remaining PTO?  Just curious before I attempt to jump into something different.  Totally willing to work out a 2-week notice. ...

I QUIT!!
Sep 25, 2011

After 3 years of training, a paid internship and finally work as an MT I QUIT! What other profession has so many requirements with so little pay? No longer starry-eyed about this "fun, interesting work." I QUIT!! Maple Grandma   ...

DQS Just Quit?
Jun 05, 2012

My last job is sitting waiting to upload, and I just got an error message and booted off! Grrrrrr ...

How To Quit...
Sep 20, 2013

I'm juggling 2 MTSOs as an IC. I cannot sustain this for very long, the plan always was to stick with the better, more stable one and phase out the other one. At the first company (I'll just call it FC), the pickings were slim. They said that once I clear QA, I'll get a back up account and running out of work will not be an issue. But the volumes were so low that it took me nearly a month to get out of QA (last week). Then the second company called, a month after I tested for them ...

Why I Quit
Nov 21, 2013

Since the last thread is down the page I thought I would add this. I worked on very difficult accounts for the last 5 years and never had a problem with audits (failed 1 or 2 in 5 years). Then at the beginning of this month I was switched to a new BOB, was audited after 8 days on the account (98.1%) and immediately put on 100% QA which means I would be working for less than minimum wage. Since the vast majority of my work is above the 99.5% they arbitrarily require, they would be getting all ...

I Just Quit!
Apr 07, 2014

The stress is not worth it. My health is more important. I hope the rest of you who remain will be able to do whatever you need to do for yourself and your family - whether that means hanging in there, finding a new job, or being able to flat-out quit. No, I don't have another job, just took an early retirement. Getting older isn't so bad after all. ...