A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

webmedx,nuance paycut on OLD VR PROGRAM not fair! - disappointed was loyal employee

Posted: Dec 01, 2011

I have gone over my pay records over the past couple of years or so and my salary correspondence from this company with a qualified unemployment case worker.

When I recently told her that now it appears they (wmx,nuance) are going to even cut my pay more the option I  have is to quit and then file an appeal. If the company were to try and fight me on ALL the cuts I have received in the near past I have everything to show the case worker to get the highest benefits for unemployment. When looking at all this its hard to understand this has just happened not so long ago and I bought into it with the old WMX CEO promise for a much faster Escription platform that has not happened to make up for the payroll cuts.

Just saying that when we keep accepting all of these cuts and then you finally have to quit (due to another payroll cut) keep track of your past payroll stubs and original contract to give to your unemployment case worker to get the maximum benefits from your state. I will not accept any more salary cuts from this company especially when the unemployment rate is a pretty high amount based on your earnings before all these cuts we have received. I will not accept any more salary cuts from this company!

Its just ridiculous what they are getting away with if they try this again, buyout or no buyout due to the fact that we are still on the old VR program (garbage) and not Escription as promised by our old CEO!!

wow I am going to try this. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
My paycuts since 2008 have been more than 1/2 from 45,000 to 20,000 a year.

Yes, everyone should check their state laws and do not sign anything until you - are sure that is what you want, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to do. I have read that one should consult an attorney or local unemployment office for options. I also found this, "Iif your pay has been cut by an unreasonable percentage, you may be able to quit and still collect unemployment benefits. Rules vary from state to state; check with your local unemployment office before you do anything." I think it would be worth looking into and the unemployment office would be free and just a matter of your time. Perhaps if a few people were to do this, these big MTSOs would think twice about all of the cuts as having to pay unemployment and find new MTs might be the kicker to get them to open their eyes. Etransmedia bought out Archivus and paycuts were made and changes made for new hire employees, yet the company tells the news media about millions more it will be making
due to the buyout of several companies. If these copanies are making millions more due to buyouts, what's the paycut all about?

buyout - sami3942

[ In Reply To ..]
Funny how Webmex always boasted about being the best and winning all these awards but never gave promised raises. I was there over 5 years and never got one single raise (oh, for Christmas I got a card signed by all the big wigs). To top it off, when VR came into play, pay was cut in half...should get more for VR because it's harder to follow and correct someone/something elses mistakes...

I so agree with you on the VR. It is a much more difficult task when having to - correct the VR idiot, nm

[ In Reply To ..]

webmedx/nuance - 1% - anom

[ In Reply To ..]
Just greedy. It was one thing for them to cut our rate per line but then they increased our minimum lines per day to 1300 a day on the crappiest platform ever.

So true when old VR requires 70% retype - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
#

Similar Messages:

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

WEBMEDX - Fair And Accurate Comments By Transcriptionists Who Work For Them?
Nov 19, 2010

Webmedx has contracted to do all the transcription at our hospital and off-site radiology center.  The current transcriptionists are being offered jobs with Webmedx, at approximately 1/3 of what we were making!  There is no guarantee that they will keep us on the account and no clear definition of what a "line" is.  Current Webmedx transcriptionists please comment on the company with fair and accurate information so we can decide if we want to align ourselves with this company (if ...

Webmedx Speech Recognition Program
Jan 13, 2011

N ...

She Dictates "He Is Fair Com Plected" Meaning He Has A Fair Complexion
Feb 08, 2010

Good morning all - I'm trying for a dermatologist today.  Not my usual account.  She dictates "He is fair com plected" meaning he has a fair complexion.  What is the right way to spell complected? I googled it, came up with a lot of variations and nothing concrete.  Thanks for your time!  ...

Webmedx/Nuance Have Seen Ads For Both???
Sep 08, 2011

I know Wmx was bought by Nuance, but are the 2 companies not blended?  They each doing their own hiring?  ...

With Webmedx/Nuance, Is Anyone
Sep 22, 2011

I know it seems like a silly question these days, but I really do need to know based on something that was said (not here).  If not, what would you estimate an average hourly salary is with this (these) company(ies)? ...

Questions For Nuance And Webmedx MTs
Jun 27, 2011

WMXers, those of you who use VR, are you continuing to use Wmx's program for now?  Are you being told whether you'll eventually move to Nuance's product? Is Nuance's VR program Dragon?  How well does it work?  Nuance put out Powerscribe which is a terrible program so I'm wondering whether Dragon (or whatever else they may use) is more efficient. ...

WEBMEDX BOUGHT BY NUANCE
Jun 21, 2011

God help us all. ...

Nuance's Acquisition Of Webmedx
Jul 14, 2011

I saw the press release today regarding Nuance/Webmedx and was wondering, since Medquist bought M-Modal last month, if all the Webmedx accounts are being swiched over to eScription or Dictaphone (which Nuance uses), or if Nuance also acquired the Enterprise platform and all Webmedx accounts are back to that platform. Anyone out there with any additional information about how the QA folks will be handled? I'm a former Webmedx'er and a new (yet to start working) Nuance employee, so am ve ...

Webmedx/Nuance Combination ?
Sep 11, 2011

Anyone work for Webmedx and happy there?  Doesn't sound like there have been many changes yet with their buyout by Nuance.  Are you having enough work (or on a fairly regular basis)?  I know this varies by each area, but in general are most of you keeping out of the soup lines? If you hire on PT to try it out, can you switch to full time or do you have to wait so long? Is second shift the better shift to get more steady workflow? What is the difference in hiring on w ...

Webmedx Changes From Nuance To Start
Nov 02, 2011

Changes to start November.  Anyone have an idea what we might expect?   ...

Webmedx/Nuance Question
Nov 15, 2011

It seems like lately no matter what account I am working on I am left with only the hardest to understand dictators and/or jobs with bad audio quality. Anyone else notice this or is it just me? I find it hard to believe that there are only ESL doctors at all 5 of the accounts that I work on. I'm sure there must be some good dictators somewhere, but I don't get them anymore. Anyone also notice the quality of ISR is absolutely pitiful? Getting more frustrated by the minute here. Jus ...

Question For Webmedx/Nuance MTs
Jan 24, 2012

How many of you received the bonus for last pay period? I did not because my QC percent was too high (was told there was an error in how this was calculated and that the bonus would not be in this check due to this error but would be paid at a later date). ...

Former WebmedX CEO Leaving Nuance
Mar 18, 2013

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130313005208/en ...

WMX Paycut
Apr 28, 2011

does anyone know if you can file for unemployment in this situation? ...

Paycut
Jul 11, 2011

Would someone please explain what the new paycut is?  All this discussion but no one is saying exactly what they are cutting our pay for.  I haven't gotten the email either and I am in the north region.  ...

TT And HIPPA And Nuance's Program.
Jun 13, 2011

Just finished hours worth of unpaid time in and out of programs to balance time sheets for the end of pay period and trying to figure out in and out of programs for 2 weeks with no work.   Now get the email to do the mandatory unpaid HIPPA testing, and still have not WORKED for my 4 cents.  Hummm, when do I want to do this test so I can feel even more hopeless, helpless and worthless?  ...

NUANCE AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
May 23, 2014

Nuance is hiring?  I run out of work all the time....and I laugh to think I would recommend them to anyone I actually know personally, much less someone I don't know. Fiesa got me again...I very irresponsibly typed, "Appears to be..." instead of, "He appears to be...," and Emergency room cours...missing the "e" and was dinged well below 99%....how does humiliating myself by signing off that I have reviewed errros like that make me better?  It doesn't.  I HATE it... Wha ...

Insurance Rates/webmedx/nuance
Nov 17, 2011

for an employee and spouse $767.00 a month, dental for an employee and spouse $63.00 a month.  I am having to waive the dental, can't afford that.  Might have to find a 2nd job as well.  Stinks for sure. ...

Webmedx/Nuance Lines Per Hour
Nov 18, 2011

How many lines per hour are most people averaging right now on this platform? I am getting a mixture of straight type /VR that varies daily. They have not shown us any reports of how everyone is doing as a group. I don't think I can make the quota in 8 hours to qualify for benefits. I am trying.  We have open enrollment for insurance ending November 30.  The 1st week in December, they will tell us what the pay plan is for the future.  Granted, insurance ra ...

What's With All These Webmedx Now Part Of Nuance Job Ads All Over The Internet?
Dec 05, 2011

The AD claims  they are “Best in KLAS”, AHDI Employer of the Year and still offer a production based incentive bonus? With everything we are hearing about Nuance taking them over and Nuances pay and bonus plan referred on here as  low. Especially the nuance quality based incentive bonus that has their own employees griping about on this forum. Yet Webmedx now taken over by Nuance is still advertising a production based bonus plan? Whats that all about?? ...

I Make $8.50 An Hour With Webmedx/Nuance
Dec 09, 2011

Since we were acquired by the big N, "We" are on the old platform, not Dragon.  I don't get any reports that have templates or normals. The account has thousands of doctors.  This is as much as I can possibly make under these parameters. So running our "salary calculator," it comes out to $8.50 an hour.  I was making twice this 2 years ago for same company before it was acquired. ...

Previous Mergers With Nuance (Webmedx, Etc.)
Apr 19, 2012

MTs who worked previously for companies bought out by Nuance I was wondering did any of you work using satellite internet?  If so, what happened when you Nuance took over as Nuance says no satellite?  I use satellite internet so I'm wondering what will happen with Nuance when they take over Transcend.  Initially, I'm sure I would be able to use it, but if the platform is changed, then what?  I'm just wondering should I find another job now that accepts sat. or ...

Webmedx/Nuance Pay Compared To 6 Months Ago
Jun 04, 2012

Is anyone who transitioned from Webmedx to Nuance making more than they were 6 months ago?  We got a letter in January stating we would be by now because of "performance improvements and increased production capcity." Well that is not happening.  After the next cut in pay, I think I will be close to minimum wage real soon here. ...

Nuance Computer Loan Program
Jan 04, 2013

Did we all see that we are available for a $300 interest-free computer loan, for new computer, peripherals, software, etc.     Did you also notice they want the RECEIPT FIRST?  Now, why in God's name, once you have paid for a computer or whatever you would want a loan for them after the fact?   Am I the only one confused by this? ...

With Nuance's Voice Recognition Program, I'm Never OOW But Its Not MT...
Mar 06, 2014

"For erectile dysfunction, see Alice."  ...

Journalist's Deadline Question On Webmedx And Nuance
Sep 13, 2011

Hello:I am a journalist covering a local public hospital district where transcriptionists have just been outsourced to Webmedx. That company has apparently been bought out by Nuance, and I would like to know more from MTs who have had experience with either company. How does pay compare with a job in a hospital, how much do you make per hour, does Nuance outsource offshore and what can those who work for Nuance expect in the way of job security and benefits. Though I am requ ...

Webmedx,Subsidiary Of Nuance Compensation Decision.
Dec 04, 2011

I have read a few posts not only about the future compensation worries at Nuance for us "Webbers" but also mentioning the former CEO for Webmedx. I have worked for this man even before my Webmedx days. To me, he always seemed to have taken pride in his position as he talked about why he felt Webmedx was so successful due to low employee turn around and an open door policy in communication with same. Training was superb, the community page which enhanced employee recognition-data made many of us ...

Webmedx/Nuance Pay Plan Unveiled Today.
Dec 13, 2011

It appears they have done away with our paid holidays.  We can work on holidays and have a bonus (if the facility is open and there is work).  If not, we have to take it out of our PTO or not get paid. My pay  by the new plan is cut from 9  typing and 5 voice recognition to 8 and 4 instead per line.  The incentive bonus requires 99% accuracy by QA audit, and 15% or less of reports going to QA, paid every 2 weeks.   ...

Required Line Count Webmedx/Nuance
Jan 29, 2012

Would anyone be willing to tell me how may lines they require per week/payperiod?  TIA.   ...