A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Journalist's deadline question on Webmedx and Nuance - sewhidbey

Posted: Sep 13, 2011

Hello:
I am a journalist covering a local public hospital district where transcriptionists have just been outsourced to Webmedx. That company has apparently been bought out by Nuance, and I would like to know more from MTs who have had experience with either company. How does pay compare with a job in a hospital, how much do you make per hour, does Nuance outsource offshore and what can those who work for Nuance expect in the way of job security and benefits.

Though I am requesting personal knowlege here, I would appreciate information that is as objective as possible and would like to quote you in my story. I have a Tuesday noon deadline, Pacific time.

Thank you,
S. E. White
Member, Society of Professional Journalists.

Journalist - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, I don't think any of us want to be quoted if this is legitimate. I don't know anyone who would be willing to do that. Secondly, how do we know this is legitimate and how can we protect ourselves for giving you information that might be taken in the wrong context? Putting a credential at the end of your name doespn't mean this is for real. I have worked only for WMX, but will not share unless I am certain there will be no repercussions even though I no longer work there.

repercussions - take a chance

[ In Reply To ..]
I completely understand your apprehension but we really need to take a chance on this to try to get some publicity. We cannot continue to fight this on our own. I do not work for either one of these companies, but they are all pretty much the same complaints, low pay, running out of work, working for free, high cost of insurance if any, etc. Our profession has turned into slave labor and we are allowing it.

I sent her an email explaining a few things to her and I even gave my phone number and pretty much begged her to keep this going. I don't really care if there are repercussions anymore. What are they going to do fire me for telling the truth. That will be a lawsuit and I won't have to pay a dime toward it.

This is exactly what the MTSO is counting on. All of us being afraid to open our mouths because we will lose our jobs or suffer something. I am suffering here with scraping by, watching my wage get cut in half, not having insurance because I can't afford to pay $700.00 a month just for myself not counting my husband (over $1,000.00 for both a month). What have I got to lose?

Those transcriptionists who just lost their jobs world is going to be turned upside down and none of us care about that? Then you deserve exactly what you get. At this moment I am ashamed to admit I am a medical transcriptionist.

These MTSO's are laughing all the way to the bank while we pick out our cardboard box to live in cause soon we won't be able to afford a place to live or food to eat. That won't happen to me without a fight. I see this as an opportunity to fight and that is exactly what I am going to do. If my MTSO fires me then he will put me out of my misery and I will go to work at Walmart and probably make more money and less stress.

Go! Norma Rae! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
we need more like you! :-)
repercussions - take a chance/nana6
[ In Reply To ..]
I hope everyone is emailing her. Sorry not to see any posts here but I completely understand. I just hope we can unite and try to trust this woman who might be able to do something for us, if nothing else bring attention to our situation. She is on a deadline so get your little fingers moving and type that email. Pronto. I don't think it will make a difference, but at least I can say I did not lie down for these greedy companies. I can hold my head up high and sleep peacefully at night. If you do nothing then you are accepting what little they want to offer while they sit making millions a year. We have all discussed this over and over again on this board, now make it count.
repercussions - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, everyone is right. I just did not think this through. I apologize to OP for not thinking this through before I had my morning coffee. I will do penance by sitting at my computer all day.(Have to anyway :)!
How did you know the person's name was Norma Rae? - This seems fishy....
[ In Reply To ..]
The only name mentioned was the journalist's name in the original posting.... Yet you reply, "Go Norma Rae!"

How did you come up with this? Is this a series of made-up comments to try to stir up MTs to remark about their feelings?

Unfortunately, you can't trust the press any more than you can trust lawyers.

Norma Rae is the name of a movie regarding - poor working conditions.
[ In Reply To ..]
Obviously you are young and don't remember the movie. Sally Field was the main character. The poster is not "stirring up trouble", I suggest checking out the movie and then making a comment.
"Norma Rae" is a movie/movie character - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
A quick 'net search will show you that the "Norma Rae" reference is to a character that stood up for textile workers' rights to a safe working environment.
good grief! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
This was in reference to a movie a while back with a character called Norma Rae who helped organize a union in a sweat shop. stop being so paranoid.. gees!
Funny isn't it? - Got a laugh out of that one.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Gonna be REAL EASY for MTSOs to pull the wool - over that one"s eyes, isnt it? haha
[ In Reply To ..]
Naiive workers are the MTSOs' favorite kind, and the kind they prey on the most.
OMG! - Seriously?
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
To - This seems fishy - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
One of the main components of an MT career is research. Had you but checked "Norma Rae" via Google or another search engine, you would have known it was a movie character. So calm down, take a deep breath......
Norma Rae is a real person. Her story was - later made into a movie. (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]

Journalist's question - sewhidbey

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your reply; I am a freelance journalist and have covered the hospital district and health care issues for the Whidbey Examiner on Whidbey Island for the past three years. You can access my stories by going to www.whidbeyexaminer.com and searching the archives for that period using either my name, Sue Ellen White, or the word "hospital."
It is difficult to use anonymous sources; the ethical guidelines are stringent and for very limited situations. The reader needs to know the source of the journalist's material. For this story, using anonymous sources does not meet those guidelines.
Ten transcriptionists at our local hospital have been outsourced from their jobs and offered as severance new jobs at Webmedx. Understandably, they are upset and aprehensive. They believe this will cut their salaries by 2/3. I want to find out more about the conditions at Webmedx, now Nuance. I can call the company, but I would like to hear from people who work for them to get a more complete picture.
Thank you,
S. E. White

It is not only Nuance, but many MTSO's. - I now make less than two-thirds

[ In Reply To ..]
of what I used to make. I have had to take on another company and I work 14-16 hour days.

CLK Transcription - CLK Transcription

[ In Reply To ..]
Apparently someone here didnt like my respose. So I will post an email I got - not confidential as it was mass relayed to others regarding a recent buyout.

All Type Medical Transcription Services, Inc. sold to MedQuist Inc.

September 13, 2011. Cherry Hill, NJ. â Suender M&A Advisors is pleased to announce the successful closing of the sale of All Type Medical Transcription Services, Inc. to MedQuist Inc. effective September 1, 2011. Suender M&A initiated the transaction and acted as financial advisor to All Type. Terms of the transaction are not being disclosed.

âWe are very pleased to join forces with MedQuist,â said Gerry Kelly, CEO and sole shareholder of All Type. "This will allow us to better serve our clients by leveraging MedQuistâs robust infrastructure, expansive labor pool, and cutting-edge technology. As part of MedQuist, we will be able to offer new services including front-end speech recognition, coding technology and services, and deliverables that will meet meaningful use criteria. We have been using MedQuist's Document Enterprise Platform (DEP) since 2007 so this transition will be seamless for most of our clients."

Gerry added: âI am extremely pleased with the advice and guidance we received from Suender M&A Advisors. In addition to the usual services you would expect from a broker, John Suender and his team provided expert negotiation, legal, financial, tax, integration, and communication counsel. John's experience with more than 50 MTSO deals was invaluable for both sides and helped bring this transaction to an expeditious and satisfactory close."

About MedQuist. MedQuist is a leading provider of medical transcription services, and a leader in technology-enabled clinical documentation workflow. MedQuist's enterprise solutions -- including mobile voice capture devices, speech recognition, Web-based workflow platforms, and global network of medical editors â help healthcare facilities improve patient care, increase physician satisfaction, and lower operational costs

About All Type. All Type is one of the most trusted and well-respected healthcare documentation service organizations in New Jersey. For over 20 years, ALL TYPE has been providing hospitals, clinics, ambulatory centers and physician practices with patient encounter documentation services.

About Suender M&A. Suender M&A provides merger and acquisition advisory services to medical transcription, medical coding and other health information management companies.

John Suender, President
Suender M&A Advisors, LLC

I work for a different MTSO, but the pay cut is real - across the board, only greater. (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
I make only about one-third of what I made when I had an hourly hospital job.

I work much longer hours, 6 days a week. MTs get lured in thinking the more they produce the more they'll make. Not so. The more you produce, the less per line you are likely to make. My company recently added new software that was far superior to what we had before, and was making us more productive. Instead of allowing us to enjoy finally being able to squeeze a few more dollars a day out of our work, they cut the cents per line pay, so now we're actually making less money for producing more work.

The entire medical transcription service organization (MTSO) industry needs to be exposed for the sham that it is.

PLEASE cover that they offer NO paid holidays. sm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
A company that is publicly traded should be ashamed of themselves to have it exposed that they don't even give their employees a single paid holiday. This entire industry has turned into a white-collar sweatshop, but Nuance has to be one of the worst with their total lack of any paid holidays.
Keystrokes doesn't either. Get paid if you work - the holiday.
[ In Reply To ..]
They now give 1 1/2 what you make if you work the holiday which is better than the .05/report they used to give.
I have worked for KS for 11 years and always get 1-1/2 times for holidays. - never .05 per report
[ In Reply To ..]
Here we go again; I'm sure the bashers will be out in full force. They have always paid time and a half if you work a holiday.
Not true. Not 1 1/2 times. - If you are there 11 years
[ In Reply To ..]
then you know it USED to be I believe .25/report extra for holidays. So if a report was $1.00 you made $1.25 for holidays. I do have old pay stubs to back that up.
Any and every account I have ever been on, and any account I have been a lead on - has paid 1-1/2 times
[ In Reply To ..]
How long ago was that?
I don't want to sound mean, but... - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
Paid holidays are a benefit not a right. At one point America valued families. Employers, wanting to keep good employees, offered that as a benefit so they could spend time with their families on holidays without being in a financial bind back in the days of single-income households.

I'm not a business owner or a "suit" as everyone likes to say on here, but if I was a business owner I wouldn't want to be paying a bunch of employees for work they didn't do. That's in essence what a paid holiday is... paying someone to work who isn't working. For a very large company, this cold add up to tens of thousands of dollars to pay an employee to have a day off.

Now holiday incentive pay is another thing and if someone actually works on a holiday I believe the companies should be paying time and a half, but as far as paying someone for the holiday when they're not even working, I think that's a tradition that's heading out the doors right along with America's values.

Have you considered doing a comparison across - the board on all MTSOs?

[ In Reply To ..]
Companies going to IC status so as not to pay taxes or benefits. Requiring us to sit by the computer waiting for work without compensation, many not making enough to pay our bills, working overtime without being paid overtime,late paychecks, being treated like a second citizen and being threatened with our jobs if we do not comply. The list goes on. I do not work or Nuance or the Web, but it is basically the same pretty much everywhere.

I say expose the MTSO's for what they are... - SWEATSHOPS.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I say let this "journalist" come up with proof of who he is and what he does - you could be responding to ANYBODY here.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

unbelievable - nana6

[ In Reply To ..]
Do any of us know who each other are? How do I know you are not an MTSO. The thing is I don't care anymore if you are. Ask a question I am going to give you an answer and if you don't like it too bad. I could be an MTSO for all that matters. Make her prove what? What are you so afraid of? These MTSO's already know what we think of them so what is the problem? Are you lying about your situation. If its the truth put it out there. That is why this board has anonymity. I for one will respond to anyone asking questions about this field regardless of who they are.
I say publish the initial article and do followups - then we would know the truth.
[ In Reply To ..]
After that,she would get a flood of information. Many MTSO's have been exposed on this board. Just let us know where to look for this article.
nana6 - Sensible
[ In Reply To ..]
We all need to be prudent. Remember the person who used to post here named "Gourdpainter?" She posted something someone did not like and she got SUED. We all need to use the same prudence in dealing with people in cyberspace as we would in real life. Go yes, go ahead and talk to people but just please, for your own sakes, be PRUDENT. The MTSOs have a lot more money than most of us do and they can play dirty.
What're they gonna do? Sue their entire workforce? - Now THAT would be real "prudent".
[ In Reply To ..]
Right on.. most of us no longer care if it was Satan - himself asking questions. We"re fed up!
[ In Reply To ..]
I personally find the prospect of living in a cardboard box in an alley a lot more frightening than whether or not my MTSO were to find out I talked to anyone about the true state of this so-called "career". If they're truly so worried one of us might let the cat out of the bag, maybe they should seriously rethink the shabby treatment they're giving the poor cat.

There are a lot of MTs who have nothing left to lose, - who are no longer scared to whistle-blow. s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
"The most dangerous people in the world are those with nothing left to lose."

[ In Reply To ..]
Dear Journalist. Information you get from this site would hardly be objective for the most part. Do they offshore? Take a look at their web site - all contact addresses that are available and your answer will be there.

There is also other companies that you can connect with that send out notices via Email to other agencies - such as mine - about companies that are being bought offshore, although they do not want others to be aware of this. I track them myself to get as much of the work to stay here as possible.

Your deadline looms, and it's too bad you didn't reach out earlier.

But hey, if you're looking for a great company that doesn't offshore to handle your transcriptions check us out. We are highly recommended by ASJA members daily.

Journalist's deadline - S. E. White

[ In Reply To ..]
The paper I freelance for is a community weekly newspaper. This issue came up during the last week and the board meeting where it was addressed was last night. My deadline is today at noon, though I could push it an hour. Yes, short turnaround and not much time for research in this case. The Whidbey Examiner is locally owned and compete with an international news corporation with much greater resources.

Since you freelance, maybe you can offer your - article nationwide.

[ In Reply To ..]
Once this gets out into the "open" I am sure many of us would come forward.

RE: CLK Transcription - Really?

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you stoop any lower - soliciting work when you ARE one of those companies who are paying less than minimum wage and exploiting newbies and anyone who is desperate for a job right now. I think Ms. White should look into your company - and the recent postings right here on this board about your company. Good grief!
CLK Transcription - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. Can CLK stand the light of scrutiny?
Oh, I SO agree! That was a Management post - if ever there was one! (n/m)
[ In Reply To ..]
[ In Reply To ..]
research away. I don't hide anything. I do not pay salaries. That is the biggest problem with many ICs - they think they are ICs but are employed. When you treat yourself as a business watch the world open up to you.

Shame you guys can't get past the first files rate but you would rather test for free, intern for free, and sit back and complain about lack of work. My team is working steady, ALL US, getting paid and paid regularly.

Again, research away. many of my team of ICs have been with me for 4 years or more. Others come thinking like you they have all the skill in the world demanding more and find they can't put two sentences together. Others come and realize that the true flexibility of owning their own business is a wonderful thing - those will last forever and have access to over 300 accounts on a weekly basis.

I don't proof IMs, email, or posts - but our work is pristine. My ICs know how to get the job done respecting their personal company and their clients. I am glad that the attitude here isn't the norm for those who truly love what they do. Good luck to you all.
CLK Transcription - Anna
[ In Reply To ..]
"You GUYS?" I am not a guy and neither are the majority of people on here. It is a disrespectful to refer to people as "you guys." You are not at a party. This is the business world.
How about you start with a little research (sm) - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Many of your team of ICs have been with you for 4+ years? Do you realize a permanent position like this is legally ONLY an EMPLOYEE position? Of course you do. So you're just one of the many MTSOs out there who is breaking IRS laws by using ICs as employees to save a buck. You have no room to preach about ethics.

You could always do followups to your original - article. What youre writing about is - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
only the tip of the iceberg, as you can readily see by reading the MT Stars forums for a few days. There's a huge story here, and the "big" journalists all seem to be too big, too busy, too "important" to want to cover it. Or, too lazy. (It will require a lot of leg work, but there is a story at the end of that legwork that is many things: Expose of a shady industry, not to mention the healthcare industry getting pretty blase about their patients' medical records. Human interest storie (thousands of them) that just about every MT can tell, that tie in directly with the overall job outlook. The travesty of sending American work to India/Philippines/China/Pakistan/Canada when so many workers here are suffering, and the country is in dire need of a stronger tax base. The potential for ID theft. The potential for blackmail: (We also type medical records of famous people, too. We have HIPAA security regulations that we are governed by. The foreign MTs and MTSOs do not.) The fact that some Transcription schools are owned by MTSOs, who promise them work, and "$40-60K per year" right out of school. And the poor MTs who are now in student loan debt then find out it's easier for a newbie to find a needle in a haystack than an employer who will hire a new graduate. DISCRIMINATION: Against older MTs. Against MTs with the most experience (and who SHOULD be making the higest pay). Against certain regions (in particular, California). Lying to clients, saying their work is not being offshored, and then offshoring it, and paying the American MTs who've been gypped out of jobs by offshoring only 3 to 4 cents per line to edit the offshored work. Not paying workers overtime, yet giving them such high "minimum" line count quotas, that the only way those quotas can be met, especially when work is low, or the dictators are mostly ESLs who barely speak the language, is by working 2-6 hours of unpaid overtime per day.

Getting around the insurance expense by either not offering it at all, or else offering it, but requiring an insanely high min. line count in order to "qualify" for insurance.

Or how about the fact that our beloved government gives INCENTIVES to companies that send American jobs offshore.. in THIS economy! It's despicable, and un-American.

The list goes on and on. You could write an article a week about the unscrupulous way these transcription companies do business, and the shady associations some have formed (namely "AHDI"), and all THAT skullduggery, and you'd have enough material to keep you writing an artical a week for YEARS.

And that doesn't even take into consideration what these companies have yet to do to us in the future... !

Requested information and more - BonyFingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I have MUCH more to say than to just answer these few questions. The problem does not just affect Whidbey. The quality of our medical records is in question. The privacy is greatly in question. Can we be totally replaced and should we be totally replaced when "the robot" really takes over? I'm close to the end myself, with 25+ years of experience, but making, when I am having a good week, about what I made starting out. How is it beneficial to push through health records provided by a robot (computer) and get inaccurate information going through? Will the cost savings using the computer to type and devaluing the medical transcriptionist offset the shoddy care we receive due to inaccurate reporting? I want us to speak up.

I agree with BonyFingers - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I want us to speak up, too (I have plenty to say about the MQ debacle) but I do not want to be pushed with one-hour deadlines. One must be courteous to one's sources. I am not comfortable with being pushed.

Article - NorCalMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had read this article yesterday. It seems this could be related to this journalist's request.

Read for yourselves: http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/whidbey/wnt/business/129555093.html

To the Journalist - Stand up America

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been in this business for over 15 years. It literally has gone from feast to famine. Having just lost an account of 15 years to a company in India, an account before that to Pakistan and yet 2 others to India. May I suggest to you, that after you meet your deadline an this story, that you do a followup article about the effects on America of overseas outsourcing? Stopping overseas outsourcing, especially those that contain confidential info (medical reports, billing, credit card processing) would return THOUSANDS of jobs to America and the $$ paid to those overseas would then stay in America. - off my soap box now.

Yeah! - *clapping*

[ In Reply To ..]
I second what you said!

Did anyone notice.... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
No comment was made about how the present employees of WebMedx or Nuance feel about their jobs?

Those that did comment on here should be worried, as Nuance and Webmedx can easily trace who made comments on here...

Doesn't matter - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
None of this matters. All of us can gripe and complain and pull our hair out. Nuance has a right to buy a company. Businesses have a right to outsource. Companies have a right not to pay benefits.

There is no abuse here, only a crappy job. There are a million crappy jobs around the US. Being an MT sucks! The End!

Apathy sucks too ... as long as you sit and let it happen without - doing anything to change it nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

posted in wrong thread. nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

nm - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Similar Messages:

Journalist's Story And Wanting Quotes
Sep 14, 2011

S.E. White, I would hope would have said the name of the paper she is writing this article for and if quoted where we can find it, if all is legit.  She posted this question on the Tuesday it was supposedly due at 2 a.m. She was looking here at MTStars for an article due by noon that same day?  Hummm.  Questionable, but then again nobody would believe we have to have a report done in 2 hours for 4 cents either, and the patient still will not get the results from the doctor in ...

Webmedx/Nuance Have Seen Ads For Both???
Sep 08, 2011

I know Wmx was bought by Nuance, but are the 2 companies not blended?  They each doing their own hiring?  ...

With Webmedx/Nuance, Is Anyone
Sep 22, 2011

I know it seems like a silly question these days, but I really do need to know based on something that was said (not here).  If not, what would you estimate an average hourly salary is with this (these) company(ies)? ...

Questions For Nuance And Webmedx MTs
Jun 27, 2011

WMXers, those of you who use VR, are you continuing to use Wmx's program for now?  Are you being told whether you'll eventually move to Nuance's product? Is Nuance's VR program Dragon?  How well does it work?  Nuance put out Powerscribe which is a terrible program so I'm wondering whether Dragon (or whatever else they may use) is more efficient. ...

WEBMEDX BOUGHT BY NUANCE
Jun 21, 2011

God help us all. ...

Nuance's Acquisition Of Webmedx
Jul 14, 2011

I saw the press release today regarding Nuance/Webmedx and was wondering, since Medquist bought M-Modal last month, if all the Webmedx accounts are being swiched over to eScription or Dictaphone (which Nuance uses), or if Nuance also acquired the Enterprise platform and all Webmedx accounts are back to that platform. Anyone out there with any additional information about how the QA folks will be handled? I'm a former Webmedx'er and a new (yet to start working) Nuance employee, so am ve ...

Webmedx/Nuance Combination ?
Sep 11, 2011

Anyone work for Webmedx and happy there?  Doesn't sound like there have been many changes yet with their buyout by Nuance.  Are you having enough work (or on a fairly regular basis)?  I know this varies by each area, but in general are most of you keeping out of the soup lines? If you hire on PT to try it out, can you switch to full time or do you have to wait so long? Is second shift the better shift to get more steady workflow? What is the difference in hiring on w ...

Webmedx Changes From Nuance To Start
Nov 02, 2011

Changes to start November.  Anyone have an idea what we might expect?   ...

Webmedx/Nuance Question
Nov 15, 2011

It seems like lately no matter what account I am working on I am left with only the hardest to understand dictators and/or jobs with bad audio quality. Anyone else notice this or is it just me? I find it hard to believe that there are only ESL doctors at all 5 of the accounts that I work on. I'm sure there must be some good dictators somewhere, but I don't get them anymore. Anyone also notice the quality of ISR is absolutely pitiful? Getting more frustrated by the minute here. Jus ...

Question For Webmedx/Nuance MTs
Jan 24, 2012

How many of you received the bonus for last pay period? I did not because my QC percent was too high (was told there was an error in how this was calculated and that the bonus would not be in this check due to this error but would be paid at a later date). ...

Former WebmedX CEO Leaving Nuance
Mar 18, 2013

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130313005208/en ...

Insurance Rates/webmedx/nuance
Nov 17, 2011

for an employee and spouse $767.00 a month, dental for an employee and spouse $63.00 a month.  I am having to waive the dental, can't afford that.  Might have to find a 2nd job as well.  Stinks for sure. ...

Webmedx/Nuance Lines Per Hour
Nov 18, 2011

How many lines per hour are most people averaging right now on this platform? I am getting a mixture of straight type /VR that varies daily. They have not shown us any reports of how everyone is doing as a group. I don't think I can make the quota in 8 hours to qualify for benefits. I am trying.  We have open enrollment for insurance ending November 30.  The 1st week in December, they will tell us what the pay plan is for the future.  Granted, insurance ra ...

What's With All These Webmedx Now Part Of Nuance Job Ads All Over The Internet?
Dec 05, 2011

The AD claims  they are “Best in KLAS”, AHDI Employer of the Year and still offer a production based incentive bonus? With everything we are hearing about Nuance taking them over and Nuances pay and bonus plan referred on here as  low. Especially the nuance quality based incentive bonus that has their own employees griping about on this forum. Yet Webmedx now taken over by Nuance is still advertising a production based bonus plan? Whats that all about?? ...

I Make $8.50 An Hour With Webmedx/Nuance
Dec 09, 2011

Since we were acquired by the big N, "We" are on the old platform, not Dragon.  I don't get any reports that have templates or normals. The account has thousands of doctors.  This is as much as I can possibly make under these parameters. So running our "salary calculator," it comes out to $8.50 an hour.  I was making twice this 2 years ago for same company before it was acquired. ...

Previous Mergers With Nuance (Webmedx, Etc.)
Apr 19, 2012

MTs who worked previously for companies bought out by Nuance I was wondering did any of you work using satellite internet?  If so, what happened when you Nuance took over as Nuance says no satellite?  I use satellite internet so I'm wondering what will happen with Nuance when they take over Transcend.  Initially, I'm sure I would be able to use it, but if the platform is changed, then what?  I'm just wondering should I find another job now that accepts sat. or ...

Webmedx/Nuance Pay Compared To 6 Months Ago
Jun 04, 2012

Is anyone who transitioned from Webmedx to Nuance making more than they were 6 months ago?  We got a letter in January stating we would be by now because of "performance improvements and increased production capcity." Well that is not happening.  After the next cut in pay, I think I will be close to minimum wage real soon here. ...

Webmedx,nuance Paycut On OLD VR PROGRAM Not Fair!
Dec 01, 2011

I have gone over my pay records over the past couple of years or so and my salary correspondence from this company with a qualified unemployment case worker. When I recently told her that now it appears they (wmx,nuance) are going to even cut my pay more the option I  have is to quit and then file an appeal. If the company were to try and fight me on ALL the cuts I have received in the near past I have everything to show the case worker to get the highest benefits ...

Webmedx,Subsidiary Of Nuance Compensation Decision.
Dec 04, 2011

I have read a few posts not only about the future compensation worries at Nuance for us "Webbers" but also mentioning the former CEO for Webmedx. I have worked for this man even before my Webmedx days. To me, he always seemed to have taken pride in his position as he talked about why he felt Webmedx was so successful due to low employee turn around and an open door policy in communication with same. Training was superb, the community page which enhanced employee recognition-data made many of us ...

Webmedx/Nuance Pay Plan Unveiled Today.
Dec 13, 2011

It appears they have done away with our paid holidays.  We can work on holidays and have a bonus (if the facility is open and there is work).  If not, we have to take it out of our PTO or not get paid. My pay  by the new plan is cut from 9  typing and 5 voice recognition to 8 and 4 instead per line.  The incentive bonus requires 99% accuracy by QA audit, and 15% or less of reports going to QA, paid every 2 weeks.   ...

Required Line Count Webmedx/Nuance
Jan 29, 2012

Would anyone be willing to tell me how may lines they require per week/payperiod?  TIA.   ...

Nuance Acquires Webmedx And MTEC--press Release
Jul 14, 2011

http://www.nuance.com/company/news-room/press-releases/NC_017438 It's a sad day.    ...

Does Anyone Know When The Deadline Is To Watch
Nov 16, 2012

the webinar & be paid for it?  Does it have to be done by today, or can we do it next week? ...

LANDESK Deadline
Oct 08, 2014

Just got e-mail from corporate.  Deadline is now Oct 16 and not tomorrow.  What's going on now? ...

Left Medquist (M*Modal) To Work For Webmedx (Nuance). Now Thinking Of Going Back. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

Is anyone in the same boat?  I am seriously contemplating it because I can't afford my medications, groceries, rent, bills, living, etc. anymore. ...

ICD-10 Deadline Being Pushed Back
Feb 17, 2012

From Med-Scape Medical News February 16, 2012 — In a regulatory victory for the American Medical Association (AMA), US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announced today that her department will delay the deadline for physicians to begin using a new and expanded set of diagnostic codes called the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, 10th Revision, or ICD-10. The original deadline had been October ...

Can Someone Please Tell Me When The Deadline To Approve Timesheets Is?
Mar 31, 2012

x ...

LANDesk Deadline Has Passed
Oct 17, 2014

The LANDesk deadline has passed.  Has anyone NOT downloaded it?     ...

I'd Like Opinions On The HITECH Act Fast Approaching Deadline Of 02/17/10...sm
Feb 07, 2010

“The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH Act), enacted in February 2009, …expanded the reach of HIPAA, extending it to business associates effective February 17, 2010, and imposing nationwide notification requirements for breach of unsecured protected health information (PHI).  Business associates will also now be directly obligated to comply with the security rule of HIPAA and implement security policies to safeguard electr ...

Is The "deadline" For QA Reports The Same As The Pay Period, I.e. Friday Night?
Jan 30, 2015

Is there a time frame, like till midnight Friday or what, that the QA reports have to be completed to count for the pay period? In other words, when can I breath a sigh of relief? So far I have one report scored 100%. Also wondering since any reversal request have to be submitted by Saturday. ...