A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance disincentivizes good MTs to do extra work/OT - thanks to FIESA

Posted: Mar 14, 2014

My primary right now has a lot of work. I would like nothing more than to work until midnight and clear the work.  Pre FIESA I would have done so.

However, I lost the production bonus for this quarter (and boy that hurts - that is $50-100 a week I am missing) and I am probably one error (and we know how easy that is when you are doing a lot of work) from getting next quarter's taken away, so no thank you. I assume they will get me anyway, probably the last few days of the month when I will suddenly no doubt get like 10 audits, but at least I don't have to give them more opportunities.

It's ridiculous - if they didn't use FIESA to pound us financially they would get much better work out of us.

After being deprived of the bonus there is no point to producing more because you do not get the extra $, also the fear of FIESA clamping down (it being the last few weeks of the quarter) means I will not do one minute more than I have to because I do not want to voluntarily be FIESA fodder.

They have compounded all of the above in terms of disincentivization by the very awful and cheap way they calculate "overtime" so shoot your self in the foot why don't you, Nuance.

But hey, I bet some executive got to gloat in some meeting over how they managed to nickel and dime us into minimum wage.

I understand - tiredofit

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally understand. Fiesa puts such a stress on my life I can't stand it anymore. I check everything 3 times and I think I do a worse job all the time because I worry about every little thing and I have always gotten my bonus, but don't even care any more. First they say you don't have to over correct, then mark you down for specifically what they said you didn't have to edit. I think they have something personal if you correct them when they put something in that isn't even a valid word (which happened to me with a 1.0 error). I have worked for over 10 years counting my old (good) company and make half as much as I used to even with the bonus, you get absolutely no holiday pay (who does that, I should work for McDonald's) and if you worked every day of the year you would never get 3 weeks of vacation (which if you did they would take away any over 40) and can't get vacation when you want it anyway. I will stay here only till I can find another job and then I am gone.

So accurately described!! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
After decades of having a stellar record, I am so paranoid from fiasco that I am making the most stupid mistakes and not catching the things I should be catching. I have let this get to me way too much and it is taking over. I am also looking to get out.

I used to feel your pain.... - happynow

[ In Reply To ..]
After working with Transcend/Nuance for over 10 years and getting beat up by Fiesa telling me I was a "horrible" MT because I couldn't mind read what new "rules" the QA team was going to make up that contradicted the client requests - I quit and went to another company. *Amazingly* my QA scores with the new company are always above 99.5% - just like they were with Transcend and they only random audit quarterly (company policy unless they have complaints or QA picks up issues on reports you send for assistance). I'm so much happier and don't dread logging in to work - which is how I had gotten before telling Nuance to take their job and shove it.

Nuance are you listening?? - Schmuance

[ In Reply To ..]
YOU are losing MLS to other companies and you are losing new MLS because you are not a good employer. Are you making note of this management and thinking about how to retain good MLS so your company can thrive? It really is not that difficult. Stop the Fiesa joke, pay the MLS for their skillset, stop trying to drain out the last drop of blood from us (if you were a good employer, we would freely give it to you) and stop thinking we don't know what you are doing with the incentive and bonus smoke and mirrors. Come on!!

Similar Messages:

Does Nuance Pay Extra When You Work A Holiday? TIA (nm)
Jun 02, 2013

x ...

Good-by, Nuance
Nov 17, 2014

I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders.  ...

Nuance Good Or Bad
Jan 15, 2015

I've been an MLS for 24 years.  Been with the same company working from home for the last 13 years.  Continuing to run out of work every day.  Looking for new company.  Have a potential job offer from Nuance.  Everything sounds good, but then I look up reviews!  Does anyone work as an MLS for Nuance?  Can you please tell me the absolute truth about the pay, QA, etc. etc. ...

Nuance...good Or Bad To Work For?
Jul 12, 2011

Hi - I am looking for recent and current info on Nuance.  I have heard good things about them and bad, but want to hear from someone who currently works there.  Do they make you stick to a certain schedule or are they flexible?  How is QA?  Do the account managers or team leads have multiple accounts to oversee or just 1 or 2?  How is their communication?  Are they friendly enough that one could possible enjoy their job again? Thanks in advance for any information ...

Nuance What's The Good News?
Apr 12, 2013

I really appreciate all the replies, good and bad.  I guess the good new is we the displaced have time on our sides in that we have 58 days to make a decision about our future employment, I believe the union did get us that.  I'm definitely going to look at other companies, possibly independent contractor positions.  There are some leaving who have kids/families they are supporting, I am 59, only support myself so I have that at least.  Appreciate MTStars board. ...

Nuance - What's The Good News?
Apr 11, 2013

We got the news yesterday, offered jobs at Nuance doing our same doctors.  I understand we have to clock in, and will now have to pay for insurance, internet not reimbursed, less pay, very large company.  We work on Escription with small amount of straight typing. They say will transfer our seniority, etc.  I have read on this board in the past that thngs may start out well but don't neccesarrily stay that way, things go downhill.  I would love hear from someone who works there and like ...

Is There Anything Good About M-Modal And Nuance?
Dec 25, 2013

I've reached the point where I'll work for almost any company, even M-Modal or Nuance, if it means I can get a steady paycheck.  My current company is going down the tubes fast.  I've hung in here as long as I possibly can, but I think it's an exercise in futility.  Does anyone at M-Modal or Nuance have any positive experiences, or is it really as bad as all the posts make it sound?  Surely there must be "something" good, or they wouldn't have so man ...

Has Anyone Ever Had A GOOD Experience With Nuance
Feb 18, 2015

Please let me know ...

Is Nuance A Good Place To Work As A QC Editor?
Feb 18, 2013

Is Nuance a good place to work as a QC editor? Has anyone been a QC editor for them before or is one currently? How is the pay? I saw it says hourly. ...

What's That, TSM? You Are Asking For Extra Help
Jan 08, 2015

Well, let me think about this....I just checked Fiesa and I have two 100% reports in there.  I'm normally off Thurs/Fri.  So if I just don't work anymore chances are good I will stay right at that 100%.  If I do (and I KNOW I'll get the worst dictators AND my backup account I rarely work on, happens every time in this situation)....but chances are HIGH that I will get that worked audited and then drop below 100%, prob evening falling off the "grid" and/or having to ...

Why Do They Keep Asking For Extra Hours?
Nov 10, 2009

I don't know about you all but my CCM is constantly asking us to work "extra," even when there are no late jobs and not an over abundance of dictation.  What is the deal?  The other night we were requested to work at least 1 extra hour.  Tonight they are asking again.  I don't know about you all but I have a family and other things I like to do other than work.  Don't they realize we have lives away from MQ???  Besides, that extra hour is really not g ...

Extra Strength
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor dictates: The patient's back pain responds fairly well to Tylenol; in fact better than ibuprofen. He typically takes 1 Extra Strength three times a day. Do I capitalize Extra Strength because it is assumed part of Tylenol? Or do I leave it lower case because it is not typed with the brand name Tylenol? ...

Where Does The Extra Money Go?
Sep 27, 2010

I assume that the MT companies set up a contract with the client for them to pay on a per-line basis.  Of course, they charge more than they pay us; that's how they make their money & that's fine.  But what I'm wondering is... when we get a report that comes in as VR instead of straight typing, where does the extra money go, since we get paid less for VR.  I feel like I work just as hard, if not harder on VR than typing a report.  So why don't we make ...

Extra-axial
Oct 04, 2010

Is extraaxial (brain tumor) one word or is it hyphenated?  ...

Extra-strength
Oct 24, 2010

is extra-strength Tyelnol hyphenated? ...

MD-IT Needs An Extra Few Days To Pay Me
Nov 01, 2010

was just told that md-it was going to need an extra few days to pay me. This is not the end of the world for me, but it does make me worry a bit about their financial health. Could someone out there tell me if they have had this problem too? ...

All This Hub Bub About Needing Extra Help For
Nov 07, 2010

I sit with NJA....on my SCHEDULED day to work. Once again, thanks a lot MQ for your oh so talented way of giving OT and incentives when they aren't necessary and taking away work from people who are actually scheduled to work. I appreciate it. ...

When They Pay You The $10/hr Extra Incentive
Mar 24, 2012

to work OT, do you still get time-and-a-half line rate, or is it straight line rate plus the $10/hr? ...

Extra Bonus
Jun 24, 2013

Just wondering to those of you who received the last quarterly bonus, how long did it take for them to pay you the bonus.  I didn't receive it last time but should receive it this time.  I know the quarter ends the end of June and last time they sent e-mails stating it would take a little while.  Thanks for any info! ...

Why I Will NEVER Work EXTRA
Aug 22, 2013

Every time that I log onto the system, I am reminded how disrespected, how underpaid, how unappreciated that I truly am. So - MTSO - you can publish your "SOS, EXTRA HELP NEEDED!" messages all you want.  If it ever comes down to your being willing to PAY for me to give precedence to YOUR needs, perhaps I'll consider it.  MEANWHILE, GO SUCK AN EGG, YOU BLOODSUCKERS!! ...

Should Be Some Extra Scraps Of Work For Us
Jan 22, 2010

January 26 is Republic Day in India. It is one of their most important events/holidays in India.  It is kind of like our 4th of July.  It is the anniversary when they became a republic.  They will be dancing in the streets, eating tons of Chaat and drinking lassi until the cows come home (literally), I guess.  (I have an Indian friend who tells me these things.) Maybe we will have some extra work.  Some of them will be working, but not all I would imagine.  Whoo. ...

FYI - Extra Research Now Required
Mar 16, 2010

For all that do not want to do the extra research to fill in the blanks cuz it takes too much time, too much effort, losing money trying to get it all done to help your qa submission rate I'd like to welcome you to what we as QA/MME have been doing for 3 cpl ....all of that research and more.  Now maybe some MTs (not all) will stop throwing QA under the bus and realize what we've had to do all this time for 3 cpl.  Thank you and have a nice day. ...

OT-EXTRA HOURS FOR WEEKEND
Aug 27, 2010

All week NJA.  Everyone has hours to make up I am sure.  At 9:30 CCM puts out E-Mail for OT and extra hours for weekend.  At the  time of her mail "work is low" so why are we looking for OT and extra time committments????   ...

Transcend/work Extra
Nov 15, 2011

can you work as much as you want at Transcend or does over time have to be offered?  I saw a post below where it said people may be working to bolster their line count as it is near the end of pay period. TIA ...

Doncha Love How They BEG For Extra Help With The
May 09, 2012

backlog, yet OT is not approved & we have to strictly adhere to our schedules...  Doesn't make any sense...  Beg us to work extra, yet tell us we are not allowed to do that, LOL. ...

NJA, But Intials Asking For Extra Committments
Mar 27, 2014

Its not just the suits who don't care about the MTs. ...

Extra Work Slows Down No Pay
Apr 07, 2014

When I get partial dictation reports on EditScript where you don't have to do anything in regards to header/demographics, my speed in terms of lines per hour is almost twice as fast. When there are so many new worktypes with new MT Instructions, the speed goes way down. When the header shows no medical record number and I have to enter in demographics what speaker dictates, the speed goes way down. The point is that I think every one of the reports should be like partial dictations in wh ...

Need Name Of Reliable Gen. Trans Co. For Extra $$.
Jun 15, 2014

thanks in advance!! ...

Transfusion Extra? Negative
Jul 06, 2014

Dr. just dictated OBGYN history and then says transfusion s/l extra negative then goes on to dictate medications heading. What could that be and is it part of the OBGYN or is transfusion a new heading? Thanks! ...

No, I'll Never Take Extra Hours Offered...
Mar 18, 2015

To help with your backlog, so stop sending me e-mails about it! The only way I'll help you with your backlog is if you pay me what I'm worth, and change this wage-theft-based pay plan you just dished out. Until then, I'll do the bare minimum for your company and do extra work at my other job, where I'm paid what I'm worth AND praised on a regular basis for my work.   ...