A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My turn to rant - Anon

Posted: Oct 28, 2014

Before we got the notification about new changes, when I went to Fiesa, I had a lot of 100% reports, and very rarely got an email from Fiesa.  Now I am getting one every few days.  The person that used to edit my work no longer is, and a different person with an Indian-sounding name is editing my work.  What happened to no more nitpicking.  This person seems to find all kinds of nitpicking, nothing to do with patient care  I looked nipticking up in the urban dictationary and this is the definition. Verb- Looking for small or unimportant errors or faults, esp. in order to criticize unnecessarily.  Quess I know what the new changes are going to be. They will probably drop our base pay and go by the new tier system where you won't be able to bring your pay up because of mistakes they find.  I sure wish we could go back and listen to our "corrected" work.  I was hoping that the new changes would be something good, but I have a feeling that I am about to take a cut in my pay.  Anyone else getting more Fiesa emails that before?   

The little mistakes - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
You are supposed to be able to listen to your work. Granted, I worked there more than a couple of years ago now, but I could listen. I don't remember how and it probably wouldn't even apply now because there have inevitably been changes. If I could remember and it applied, I would tell you how.

Just to let you know, the audio is much crisper for the QA people. They will tell you it isn't, but it is. I don't mean QC, those who work on this side of the ocean. QC hears the same audio as you do. The QA, however, have a much crisper sound. Add to that the fact that they are on a power trip, and they will find those little mistakes and take points off.

I only remember 1 QA person from the US editing my work when I was a QC and it was the only "good job" I ever received. I am not sure why the Indian QA are the way they are, but it's possible (this IS Nuance) that they get paid more for the more mistakes they find and correct. It's possible.

Time for a new account - ac

[ In Reply To ..]
Its not the changes its the new QA. It will continue so I would try to get a different account if I were you. I never got 99 percent on one account because of picky QA, and my other account I am always 99.5 or above.

Fiesa emails - are

[ In Reply To ..]
coming very frequently now, also from an Indian QA. Get them every couple of days. I basically send them for a relisten and then just ignore it as best I can and go on with my work.

I agree that our pay is going to be dropped big time and then we will have to 'earn' our way up to more pay which will be impossible with Fiesa.

definitely more nitpicking - going on

[ In Reply To ..]
all non medical! i actually got an error on the last word i put (kept from VR that is) right before the blank - obviously if there is a blank that means i did not understand the phrase at or around the blank!! ARRRRGH somebody shoot me for sticking around to be dealt this crap...

I would contest that error... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You can contest that if it was right before a blank. It's actually in the QA SOP to use fair judgement with words surrounding a blank. I have requested reversals and downgrades on things like that before and it worked in my favor.

Similar Messages:

Nothing New To Say, Just My Turn To Say It.
Nov 08, 2014

I managed to hang onto a direct-employee remote position for many years; that position ended recently.  I knew the day would come--I've been outsourced from more than one facility in the past--but I decided to hang in as long as the job was there, and it lasted far longer than I ever thought it would. From time to time I'd think I should start preparing for the inevitable but had no clue which way to go, with outsourcing impacting so many industries and my having n ...

So, It Must Be My Turn To Get Fired
Jun 10, 2010

I have been targeted like crazy on audits, getting them every couple of days, and albeit there are some things I did wrong (had/has), I am getting marked for stuff like leaving a blank, sending to QA, and then marked wrong for the blank on a critical error saying I should have been able to find this.  I could not hear it, so how could I find it?  I should have just sent it to the client, but really felt that a fresh set of ears might heart what this mushmouth was saying. I guess I am ...

Headings Can We Turn It Off ?
Nov 02, 2010

Do we have to use this new heading feature or can we turn it o ff?  Thanks. ...

Stedmans - How To Turn It On?
Feb 09, 2012

I just installed spell checker. How do I turn it on? Can it be put on favorite bar or will it automatically spell check everything I do on the computer? Please help, new MT. ...

Can Some One Help Me Turn Off The Red Box In EditScript?
May 30, 2012

I have IM'd and E-mailed tech support and, surprise, no response from them.  I am in EditScript.  With the VR reports, the red box that follows the text... I find it very distracting.  I can't figure out how to get rid of it.  Anyone?  Thanks.   ...

How Do I Turn Highlighter Off?
Jan 30, 2013

tia ...

I Am Wondering Where I Can Turn Since I Cannot
Jan 15, 2014

get hold of a moderator to get a company to pay me.  Does anyone know who I can go to?  Thank you!!! ...

My Turn To Say Goodbye
Feb 20, 2014

I have been envying all of you who have already left, and now it is my turn to say goodbye. I regret leaving all the nice people I worked with but do not regret leaving this company.  I give Nuance a 65% quality score as an employer (failed audit, no bonus, needs mentoring!!) Thank you for all who have posted on this forum. Hearing your stories helped me when I was struggling and thought I was alone.  I hope you all find yourselves in a better place soon!! ...

Okay, You Can Turn Off The Snowflakes Now.
Jan 01, 2015

...it's time for them to go away now! ...

The Turn Signal Syndrome
Nov 11, 2009

Honestly, this dictation I'm doing is like the turn signal syndrome.  What I mean by that is people who don't bother to use their turn signals when they turn (I know, I'm anal.  I even use mine in parking lots).  There's a reason they're on the car and it's against the law not to use them when indicated. This doctor doesn't know how to use the turn signal, er, um, pause button, and I'm sitting here listening to um, ...

Do They Dump You When You Turn In Notice?
Nov 29, 2009

I want to give proper notice, but have heard some companies just cut off your work supply immediately.  MQ do this? ...

Is The Worm Beginning To Turn?
Mar 20, 2010

No replies to Oncall for 6 -7 cpl.  Look down a few ads and see the pathetic one put on by Lee Perfect.  She cannot get anyone to type and says "sad but true."  It just may be that the time for the MTSOs has arrived, meaning that sooner than may have been expected they will be begging for MTs to come to work for them and it will fall on deaf ears and very still fingers.  I think most of us who have been in this profession for years have "finally had it." We are either stayin ...

I Need Info On How To Turn A Company In To IRS...sm
Apr 27, 2010

I read the posts below on the difference between an IC and an employee.  However, in applying to what was reported to be a "good company to work for" recently, I was told of the schedule I needed to be "willing" to work, as well as the rate I would paid, even though I thought it was low.  When I tried to explain that IRS will not allow them to do this, I was basically told to buzz off.  I'm tired of it and I'm going to turn them in.  It's about time MTSOs had t ...

Can CCMs Turn Lockdown On And Off?
Jul 19, 2010

Lockdown for us started last week and sometimes I can punch in earlier than 15 minutes and jobs keep downloading after my shift and other days I get the error message to contact my CCM.  Also last week there were 200+ shifts posted on the swap board to pick up and this week around 25 a day.  We also go from NJA to many late jobs in the matter of a day with no consistency.  Lastly, when I logged off my shift tonight the backlog for my account was very high with late jobs but n ...

Anyone Know How To Turn On ALT/Control Keys In DQS?
Jul 22, 2010

I must have accidentally put in a command to disengage these functions in a document and I am straight-typing everything!  Other than closing the program and starting again, if you have any suggestion, would TYIA.  Have a productive (i.e. GOOD) day everyone. ...

CAN You Turn The Highlighter Off In M-Modal?
Dec 03, 2011

I've always been able to read fast, needed to for college.  With current ASR the highlighting was driving me crazy.  I, as do others, read head, and also primary use control and +. DOES ANYONE know if we will be able to turn the highlighter off in M-Modal.  This could possibly be the difference between life and death as I know it. ...

Hey You, Cherry Picker. Don't Think I'm Not Going To Turn You In.
Aug 07, 2012

x ...

Turn Around Time Transcription Co, Sm
Sep 18, 2012

any info?  Nothing recent in the archives. Thx ...

My Turn In The Cross-hairs
Apr 08, 2013

I have suddenly been getting audited at least 3 times a week. Lots of little "and" versus "the" type errors. Plus, now I'm so nervous I've started making stupid mistakes. I figure I'll be one of the next group to go. I've been doing this since 1978 and I don't know anything else. I just feel stupid. And hopeless. ...

Looking For Company With 12 To 24 Turn Around Time
Aug 05, 2014

Who is hiring or a company that just requires a set amount of lines per day with no set schedule if there is such a company. TIA ...

What The Q Has Done For (or To) Me (rant)
Feb 06, 2010

I was thinking about this earlier today.  I worked for a lot of years in hospitals doing MT, worked for doctors doing the same (I often had doctors try to steal me away from the hospitals I worked for to go and work for them but I'm loyal to a fault and it sometimes gets me hurt), and when I was just working for a doctor to cover for a transcriptionist on vacation, I was always asked back for the next vacation.  Always had perfection with my reports, never ever had an issue w ...

May I Rant?
May 17, 2010

I work for a small MT company that put me on a small account with 4 doctors, and I was told that I'd be the only MT.  Within a week it was obvious someone else was taking all the work, and I was told that this other MT was only supposed to take jobs "when necessary."  However, she takes all the jobs the second they show up.  Despite watching like a hawk for 10 hours a day, I get maybe 35% of the dictations overall, and the whole time I know that this other MT has OTHER work s ...

DSG Rant. (sm)
Aug 30, 2010

I have tried to give DSG a chance because I really hate changing jobs, but damn... this ASR gets worse every single day. I thought I was developing a rhythm and some speed with it finally and now it can't complete a single solitary sentence in any report I've had in the last three days without a serious error. It doesn't even come CLOSE to typing what the dictator very, VERY clearly says. I don't understand how ASR works, but how can it be getting worse all these months af ...

My VR Rant.
Jul 21, 2011

I think I could really make good money on VR if I was the only one on my account or if it learned specifically to each person editing.  I'm getting so tired of working on reports for a day to finally get them to start coming out needing little editing by the end of the day and then coming back on the next day to find the same reports SO full of errors after different people were on the account for the next shift.  It's great when you have other people who are good at their jo ...

Rant - Sorry
Aug 01, 2011

Okay.  Well, I decided to test with my old company again (SoftScript) with which I had  been employed for four years.  I failed their test.  My rant is this.  Am I being unfair to think that it is on record that I worked for them four years, was never late, always got my lines, always got 98% or above on audits (my last audit was 100%)  and it has only been 5 months since I left ??  Shouldn't all of this be taken into account ??  I suppose n ...

This Is A Rant.
Dec 22, 2012

Let me preface by saying that I am not a veteran in this field. I have only been a MT for about a year and a half. I graduated from one of the AHDI accepted schools. In the short time I have been working, I have worked for both of the national MTSOs. In my opinion the grass is brown on either side of the fence. I was originally enamored by the possibility of working from home and setting my own schedule. The later may be true if you have experience and are fortunate enough to hire on with a good ...

Just A Rant
Nov 28, 2013

My days are numbered, I already know.  I've given this job the best I could do.  After 14 years of no complaints they have broken me with their petty BS, condescending ways, (Feel free to reach out....), then when you do if you're not on the prime list you get no answer or worse false info.  Requested part time from the beginning but 35 hours is not P/T to me.  Lot of flexing because shift is 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.  (I was not made aware I have to ASK if it was ok to ...

RANT
Jul 29, 2014

I just need to vent. I really wish these residents would learn how to press the @#$%$% PAUSE button. I am so tired of listening to their (literally) 14-minute discussions with other residents while they are dictating a 4-minute op note. Obviously they do not realize that there is an acutal person at the other end of that dictation line, who has a family to provide for, and their jibber jabbing is a complete waste of my time and taking money out of my pocket while I am listening to them talk abou ...

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! This Is A Rant
Mar 24, 2015

Mandatory OT????? I am doing jobs that were dictated less than 1 hour ago.  I am getting the worst of the worst ESL dictators.  I don't mind doing some of them but I don't want ALL of them.  Pass the garbage to some others.  My head is pounding try to figure out what they are attempting to say.  Will be lucky if I come anywhere close to 1200 lines today. Wishing for power to go out.  HA!! ...

Any Suggestions To Turn NJA Time Into Money?
Aug 31, 2010

Does anyone know of anything worthwhile (i.e., money-making) to do while sitting around waiting for the next job to load?  My time is worth more than watching the clock tick away waiting for MQ to throw me a job here and there.  What irks me is how I have to make that wasted time up in my own free time, and not only that, but what time suits THEM best, i.e., Friday or Saturday nights.  The gaul.  Anyway, I was wondering how you all spend that idle time being more fruitful.&nb ...