A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is the worm beginning to turn? - IbelieveinKarmaMT

Posted: Mar 20, 2010

No replies to Oncall for 6 -7 cpl.  Look down a few ads and see the pathetic one put on by Lee Perfect.  She cannot get anyone to type and says "sad but true."  It just may be that the time for the MTSOs has arrived, meaning that sooner than may have been expected they will be begging for MTs to come to work for them and it will fall on deaf ears and very still fingers. 

I think most of us who have been in this profession for years have "finally had it." We are either staying put or leaving altogether.  There soon will be only 2 choices left for the greedy, inconsiderate, slave-driving MTSOs out there:  Hire the newbies who have no experience or dedication or send it ALL to India.  Either decision will soon see them out looking for work themselves, because their business will be gone.  It is so true "what goes around, comes around" and while it took quite some time for it to happen, the Karma is finally beginning.  Laughing

Oh, I certainly HOPE SO!!!! - believer

[ In Reply To ..]
I absolutely hope that people are fed up of working for slave wages.

I am so thrilled that they are "SHOCKED" that no one responded! I cannot believe anyone would want to work for 6 to 7 cpl for IC. After you take your 40% off for taxes, you might as well work at a burger joint and not have the headache or stress.

they don't respond when you apply anyways - frustrated MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They don't even respond if you apply. I applied to the Lee Perfect one just to see what it was because I hadn't ever heard of them and they say they are desperate, but don't even reply to the stinkin resumes they get. It's a joke.

IT'S ALL A BIG JOKE . . . - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Over the last 6-8 months I have been in situations where I have ran out of work and could not pay my bills. I have had at least TWO phone calls from flakey MTSOs who call you and say, I'll call you back and we can talk more later, and then NOTHING. I have applied to HUNDREDS of jobs with only 5% of them actually acknowledging that I even applied. I am with three different companies right now and still am not making enough to pay my bills. I got up at 6 a.m. this morning on a Sunday and was found ONE JOB SITTING THERE. REALLY? I am supposed to live off this? I have over 25 years of experience and I honestly think it's because they don't want to pay for it. They act like they are doing us a favor!

I am trying to leave after slaving at 4 jobs.nm - Tired of Typing

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

AMEN! nm - Could not have said it better myself!

[ In Reply To ..]

Either that, or its what they wanted all along - an "excuse" - to offshore 100% of the work. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

It May Be People Like Turning Worm Who Caused MQ To React And Lay Off For Fear Sm
Apr 04, 2013

of a possible class action lawsuit. If you started taking things to the Labor Board you can bet MQ will be forced to let go of people. I'm not saying MM is not to blame because I DO believe they are sending 80% of the work to India for cheap labor and to avoid excessive taxes. They have a right to do that. MM provided work to American workers to provide some with jobs, not to make a profit. It's expensive to employ American MTs thanks to the US Govt, but that's for another day.&nb ...

Nothing New To Say, Just My Turn To Say It.
Nov 08, 2014

I managed to hang onto a direct-employee remote position for many years; that position ended recently.  I knew the day would come--I've been outsourced from more than one facility in the past--but I decided to hang in as long as the job was there, and it lasted far longer than I ever thought it would. From time to time I'd think I should start preparing for the inevitable but had no clue which way to go, with outsourcing impacting so many industries and my having n ...

A New Beginning
Apr 27, 2012

Glorious day, Glorious day!  I am outta here.  Can anyone who has also had the pleasure please tell me how to go about getting my 3 weeks of PTO owed to me and how long this process takes?  Also returning my computer and regaining my deposit on that?  FYI there are companies out there that do care....You just have to look. ...

So, It Must Be My Turn To Get Fired
Jun 10, 2010

I have been targeted like crazy on audits, getting them every couple of days, and albeit there are some things I did wrong (had/has), I am getting marked for stuff like leaving a blank, sending to QA, and then marked wrong for the blank on a critical error saying I should have been able to find this.  I could not hear it, so how could I find it?  I should have just sent it to the client, but really felt that a fresh set of ears might heart what this mushmouth was saying. I guess I am ...

Headings Can We Turn It Off ?
Nov 02, 2010

Do we have to use this new heading feature or can we turn it o ff?  Thanks. ...

Stedmans - How To Turn It On?
Feb 09, 2012

I just installed spell checker. How do I turn it on? Can it be put on favorite bar or will it automatically spell check everything I do on the computer? Please help, new MT. ...

Can Some One Help Me Turn Off The Red Box In EditScript?
May 30, 2012

I have IM'd and E-mailed tech support and, surprise, no response from them.  I am in EditScript.  With the VR reports, the red box that follows the text... I find it very distracting.  I can't figure out how to get rid of it.  Anyone?  Thanks.   ...

How Do I Turn Highlighter Off?
Jan 30, 2013

tia ...

I Am Wondering Where I Can Turn Since I Cannot
Jan 15, 2014

get hold of a moderator to get a company to pay me.  Does anyone know who I can go to?  Thank you!!! ...

My Turn To Say Goodbye
Feb 20, 2014

I have been envying all of you who have already left, and now it is my turn to say goodbye. I regret leaving all the nice people I worked with but do not regret leaving this company.  I give Nuance a 65% quality score as an employer (failed audit, no bonus, needs mentoring!!) Thank you for all who have posted on this forum. Hearing your stories helped me when I was struggling and thought I was alone.  I hope you all find yourselves in a better place soon!! ...

My Turn To Rant
Oct 28, 2014

Before we got the notification about new changes, when I went to Fiesa, I had a lot of 100% reports, and very rarely got an email from Fiesa.  Now I am getting one every few days.  The person that used to edit my work no longer is, and a different person with an Indian-sounding name is editing my work.  What happened to no more nitpicking.  This person seems to find all kinds of nitpicking, nothing to do with patient care  I looked nipticking up in the urban di ...

Okay, You Can Turn Off The Snowflakes Now.
Jan 01, 2015

...it's time for them to go away now! ...

Beginning To See A Pattern Here
Nov 20, 2009

All these companies stink and this job rots...I put my resume in on Thurs w/ Keystrokes and they hired me on Friday at a higher line rate 9cpl...Got the shift I wanted but not the days off which really doesn't matter to me, just have to flex around some existing doc appts. Never worked meditech...DocQuscribe is a hard platform to follow, it is GREAT...MQ just stinks...I tried Spheris they had their good and bad on platform..The one I am on now crescendo stinks royal in many ways..God I can& ...

P.r.n. At The Beginning Of Sentence?
Jan 07, 2011

If p.r.n. is the first word in a sentence, would it be correct to type "P.r.n." or should I combine it with the first sentence with a semicolon? I am not sure if the two sentences are directly related, though. ...

EPIC Is The Beginning Of The End...
Dec 20, 2011

Work for a MTSO who had more than we could do, EPIC on board and now are fightly over the few scraps... in a matter of weeks, things can change FAST... Time to dust off the resume.. for what it's worth.   ...

P.r.n. Or P.R.N. At The Beginning Of A Sentence
Mar 24, 2012

This has always bugged me.  It looks better with P.R.N. (all caps) at the beginning of a sentence, instead of P.r.n. (just first letter cap'd).   Also, P.O. or P.o. at the beginning of a sentence. 1.  Bactrim. 2.  P.R.N. or P.r.n. fentanyl. 3.  P.O. or P.o. steroids. 4.  Potassium.   Any suggestions? Thanks!   ...

P.r.n. At Beginning Of Sentence
Jul 14, 2012

Doctor says p.r.n. splint use as starting a new sentence. This is a verbatim account, so should it be P.r.n. splint use? ...

Not Following CP's Is Beginning To Catch Up.
Oct 04, 2012

Some clients starting to notice and complaining. But geez, some of those CP's are so lengthy and convoluted and laden with so many things we do not get paid for. Of course, the longer the CP, the more likely the client is to complain. ... Some CP's are so long and involved, those accounts really shouldn't be farmed out to those who normally do the account. To be unfamiliar with an account with so many peculiarities is inviting trouble. Choices, choice, go through that CP and m ...

Beginning Tomorrow
Feb 23, 2013

beginning tomorrow, I will be working any time, any day, whatever it takes to get my hours/lines in.  There is work in the afternoons and on the graveyard in my region and I will be there.  Whatever it takes. ...

Can't Help But Think MM Getting Into Coding Is The Beginning Of The
Mar 14, 2014

x ...

The Turn Signal Syndrome
Nov 11, 2009

Honestly, this dictation I'm doing is like the turn signal syndrome.  What I mean by that is people who don't bother to use their turn signals when they turn (I know, I'm anal.  I even use mine in parking lots).  There's a reason they're on the car and it's against the law not to use them when indicated. This doctor doesn't know how to use the turn signal, er, um, pause button, and I'm sitting here listening to um, ...

Do They Dump You When You Turn In Notice?
Nov 29, 2009

I want to give proper notice, but have heard some companies just cut off your work supply immediately.  MQ do this? ...

I Need Info On How To Turn A Company In To IRS...sm
Apr 27, 2010

I read the posts below on the difference between an IC and an employee.  However, in applying to what was reported to be a "good company to work for" recently, I was told of the schedule I needed to be "willing" to work, as well as the rate I would paid, even though I thought it was low.  When I tried to explain that IRS will not allow them to do this, I was basically told to buzz off.  I'm tired of it and I'm going to turn them in.  It's about time MTSOs had t ...

Can CCMs Turn Lockdown On And Off?
Jul 19, 2010

Lockdown for us started last week and sometimes I can punch in earlier than 15 minutes and jobs keep downloading after my shift and other days I get the error message to contact my CCM.  Also last week there were 200+ shifts posted on the swap board to pick up and this week around 25 a day.  We also go from NJA to many late jobs in the matter of a day with no consistency.  Lastly, when I logged off my shift tonight the backlog for my account was very high with late jobs but n ...

Anyone Know How To Turn On ALT/Control Keys In DQS?
Jul 22, 2010

I must have accidentally put in a command to disengage these functions in a document and I am straight-typing everything!  Other than closing the program and starting again, if you have any suggestion, would TYIA.  Have a productive (i.e. GOOD) day everyone. ...

CAN You Turn The Highlighter Off In M-Modal?
Dec 03, 2011

I've always been able to read fast, needed to for college.  With current ASR the highlighting was driving me crazy.  I, as do others, read head, and also primary use control and +. DOES ANYONE know if we will be able to turn the highlighter off in M-Modal.  This could possibly be the difference between life and death as I know it. ...

Hey You, Cherry Picker. Don't Think I'm Not Going To Turn You In.
Aug 07, 2012

x ...

Turn Around Time Transcription Co, Sm
Sep 18, 2012

any info?  Nothing recent in the archives. Thx ...

My Turn In The Cross-hairs
Apr 08, 2013

I have suddenly been getting audited at least 3 times a week. Lots of little "and" versus "the" type errors. Plus, now I'm so nervous I've started making stupid mistakes. I figure I'll be one of the next group to go. I've been doing this since 1978 and I don't know anything else. I just feel stupid. And hopeless. ...

Looking For Company With 12 To 24 Turn Around Time
Aug 05, 2014

Who is hiring or a company that just requires a set amount of lines per day with no set schedule if there is such a company. TIA ...