A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keeping copies of emails - anon

Posted: Sep 19, 2012

Does anyone know how to forward emails from Nuance's company email program to your personal email for documentation??  I've tried to forward them to mine and it refuses to recognize my personal email and address and won't forward them.  It's obvious I need to keep track of them and I'm afraid if something happens I will be blocked from the company email.  TIA

You can't send Emails to your personal account - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You can't even send Emails from your personal account to anyone in Nuance. They bounce right back, at least they did for me. However, you can take a screen shot of important Emails and save them that way.

E mails - greyhound mom

[ In Reply To ..]
As a last resort, can't you make copies of the emails. I think that would be better than nothing. Probably somewhere along the way, you will figure it out. Maybe create another email account.

Creating another email acct in Nuance email is going to have the - same prob. If fired, they can block you. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

When I want to save company emails and IM's, - -sm- Meerkat

[ In Reply To ..]
I highlight, copy and past them into a regular Word document in my computer. I have documents titled "Emails", one titled "IM's". Then I just paste them in, and keep adding new ones below the last.

It's also a good idea to copy and paste not just the text, but the address line, if that will copy. If it won't, just put in the details: Date, Sender, Time, Subject, etc.

emails - gettingtired

[ In Reply To ..]
I just print them and have a folder for emails related to my performance or anything like that

I print out anything I think I may need. s/m - nuancemt

[ In Reply To ..]
I also print out the Yahoo IM each time I ask a question and get a reply. Covering my butt. Keeping emails too. :)

why not - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
copy them to notepad and then go to your email, copy into an email you send to yourself? You can then type-in date received, by whom, etc, which can be investigated from other end if needed.

keeping copy of emails - Intrepid MT

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have Windows 7, locate the snipping tool, I keep it pinned to my taskbar. Simply left click and drag around the area you want to copy and then save it to a folder on your desktop or wherever. If you need more help, just email me.

Instructions to capture a screenshot - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows

Similar Messages:

You All Are Keeping Copies Of Everything Right?
Sep 11, 2013

Keep everything, I would love to know if the TSMs are sending out generic explanations of the new policies that are given to them by the company or if they are their own interpretations. It just doesn't make sense to me that I am supposed to be availabe around the clock for when there is work. I also don't understand how they FORCED me to take a shift and now are threatening to change my shift to when work is available. Something stinks and we need to stand together on this or we wi ...

Carbon Copies
Nov 13, 2009

Company giving written warnings and termination for error in carbon copies.  What's going on at other companies for carbon copy requests errors? ...

Hard Copies
Feb 17, 2010

This may be an obvious question to most, but how do I print a hard copy of a document I recently completed on EditScript?  Or can I?  I'd like to keep a copy of what "I edited/typed myself" before the QA reviews it, so that I can see my errors and learn from them, or have something to back me up if I disagree.  Can someone provide me with an answer. please  I know I can print them AFTER they have been reviewed by QA, but I want it before hand with my errors.....shou ...

Radiology Copies
Feb 25, 2010

When typing a radiology report, do you send the results/report of a radiology exam to just the ordering provider or the ordering and the family provider?  I am trying to find out if there is an industry standard.  The hospital I work for is looking at discontinuing sending the family provider a copy.  Thank you! ...

Rules Regarding Copies
Oct 03, 2011

I had always thought that the dictator received an automatic copy but in checking the MQ rules/standards, I don't see this.   Does anyone know for sure?  Should we copy the dictator if requested?  ...

Anyone Heard Of Cytomegalovirus, 365,000 Copies???
Jan 23, 2010

It is the 365,000 copies that I have never heard of... has anyone else and if so, do you know what that means?  Thanks ...

Do Banks Keep Copies Of All Checks
Feb 03, 2012

Does anybody know if banks keep copies of all checks cashed. Self employed but need a copy of a check that was cashed. ...

Hepatitis C Viral Load 6 X 10 To The 6th Copies?
Jun 04, 2013

Is that correct?  He says Hepatitis C.  Most recent viral load was 6 x 10 to the 6th copies. ...

HIPAA - MTs Being Fired For Sending Wrong Carbon Copies
May 03, 2010

First of all, let me just say to the people who have already been fired for MISTAKENLY sending the wrong CC I am truly sorry to hear this My question is, is this a case of SEVERE OVERACTION by the MTSOs or is this the case now according to HIPAA? So are they saying that because a non-treating MD received a report and everyone in the office, wherever, "SAW" that report that it breaks the Privacy Rule and thus a breach? So there is no need for a warning to the MT who did that but just grounds ...

Keeping Our Coding In The US
Jan 20, 2011

Good news!  A while back I posted how the company I work for was sold to an Indian group.  I was concerned if that meant my coding job was going the way of my MT work.  i work for a company that is coding's equivalent to an MTSO.  Well, the hospital to which I am contracted has decided to not renew the contract with the company as they demand that their coding be done in the US by US coders.  The hospital will hire the coders directly a ...

To Keeping My Head Up And Other Newbies
Oct 25, 2009

There is good reason that these ladies sound a little negative.  It is not about you, your initiative, or your dedictation.  They do know what they are talking about, but they did not even begin to explain to you why, probably not enough room or time!  This industry has changed drastically.  You can not believe the ads you read about being an MT, great money, work your own hours, train in 2-4 months, blah, blah, blah.  None of that is true.  This has become a low in ...

Every Day Another Test...at Least I'm Keeping Up My MT Skills!!
Aug 08, 2010

Anyone noticed these tests are asking some of the same questoins?  My little answers keep popping up when I start typing in the answer.  The transcription portions are way too long though.  Some are super easy and others are the scum at the bottom of the barrel.  I'm beginning to think we're doing somebody's work for them!  Now I'm thinking about all the money I could have made by transcribing these stupid test reports.  I think one company test ...

Pay Rate Not Keeping Up With The Times
Jan 20, 2011

I have been an MT since 1986. I would like to know why the MT industry does not raise pay rates for MTs to keep up with the rising cost of living? Are we expected to just work longer hours in order to raise our pay? I see job openings offering 7 cpl! This is ridiculous! I have never made more than 9.5 cpl.  We all know the companies are raising their contract rates for clients and making a killing, so why is our industry becoming such a slave-driving industry and what can we do about it? Ye ...

Keeping My Hands From Cramping
Sep 26, 2012

I'm delighted to be going back to straight transcription after 9 months of VR editing!! I'm getting nervous about my hands cramping up when I return to straight typing though -- suggestions on how to keep them limber??? ...

Keeping Company Computer?
Jan 15, 2014

I gave notice last week. I hate everything about this company EXCEPT I love their computer and monitor. Does anyone know if keeping it rather than returning it is an option?...and if so, if they ask a ridiculous amount of $$ to do so? ...

Thank You Mmodal For At Least Keeping Health
Oct 30, 2014

Rates are a pleasant surprise. ...

So Much For Keeping Fingers And Toes Crossed!
Nov 18, 2009

The only jobs that were actualy transcription for me today were the worst 4 doctors on the planet!  I am pulling my hair out today over the 10 reports that had to be sent to the MMEs with all of the holes! Also, to the MME who corrected 1 of my reports: I know that numbers are not spelled out, however, the doctor said "325 one or two a day"   He did not say milligram, therefore, you are not supposed to leave 2 numbers next to eachother, so I spelled it out.  If I knew we w ...

Keeping Track Of Time Typed
Aug 16, 2011

Is there such a thing available that keeps track of "at the keyboard" typing time? I am one that gets up and down frequently throughout my work day and its hard to keep track of exactly how many actual hours I am typing.  I want something automatic that I don't have to remember to click on/off because if I could remember to do that, I could remember to write it down :)  Anyone know of something like this? ...

Keeping Track Of Line Count
Jan 25, 2013

Is there any other way to know your line counts besides the metrics??  ...

Earlier Talk About Keeping Your Office Under
Jun 12, 2013

A few weeks ago there was talk about people thinking we should keep our work/office under lock and key, that someone was going to be showing up and because of the HIPAA law, we would be in big trouble, prosecuted, arrested, whatever. I have something to run past those that were posting. Ok, so today I take my husband to have a procedure done. I am called back to his room as he is awakening and there are 2 people sharing this room with a drawn curtain between them. The doctor comes in to talk ...

Keeping Track Of Multiple Accounts/jobs
May 18, 2010

I recently quit my hospital MT job and started working for a mid sized MTSO. This was a big change for me, different platforms, different rules, different type of accounts. I have 4 accounts with this job, all with their own little rules and formats and things. On top of that I recently was hired and quit with another large MTSO for weekend work (didn't like the QA or managers; I was constantly being forgotten). Anyway, I quit them after 2 weeks and was just hired as an IC for small MTSO an ...

Some Seem To Think MQ Door Is KEEPING Them From Family Time, Decent
Oct 26, 2010

that door as an entry way to better things. Go through it to another job, one that fits you and your family better.  They are out there but it is not fun or easy to find them.  Some, it seems, would rather stay put and whine rather than go after what they want and deserve.  If it is worth having, be it a better job, better life, whatever, it is not gonna be handed to you and if it is worth it to you, it is worth working for. ...

I've Been Keeping Track Of The Time It Takes To Do ASR Reports.
Jan 04, 2013

Rarely are they taking 1/2 the time of straight typing. The majority are taking at least as long as it would to straight type and some more time. This is all due to the number of corrections and punctation and formatting I have to do! ...

How Is The Workload Today? I Have To Work In 3 Hours And Keeping My Fingers Crossed! Nm
Feb 01, 2013

.. ...

I Have Had It. I Get Emails The Other Day
Sep 21, 2010

that we cannot send reports with more than 3 blanks through on TWO of the accounts I work on.  Right now, I have one of the worst dictators on one of those accounts.  She is ESL and she whispers.  To top it off, someone is standing very close to her running a VACUUM CLEANER. I CAN'T HEAR her because she is whispering and the vacuum is running.  So, yay me.  I will probably have more than 3 blanks because of all this and will have to send it to QA even though they ...

Emails Like The One We Just Got About PTO,
Oct 17, 2014

all the red tape, the power over our lives, no flexibility anymore, no mercy in case of emergencies or appointments, lists and lists of rules.... I work every single other holiday there is all year long, hoping to take off Tgiving and Xmas.  I work NY Eve, NY, Easter, 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day, etc.  But even though there's never any work on those 2 major holidays, apparently now we MUST work one of them, i.e., ruin all family plans just to get NJA all day anyway.  ...

When I Get Those Emails Saying
Dec 07, 2014

I feel like saying: Hey, no thanks, I already have 4 accounts, 2 of which I have no interest in. Here's an idea, how about you get all those people on my accounts, which I have been doing for years, off of them, so that I can have my work back? How about you get them off my accounts and give THEM the new accounts? I have enough trouble making decent line counts at all because: (a) no work because overstaffed on my primary. (b) secondary and tertiary accounts unfamiliar and pages of new ...

MQ Central Emails
Oct 27, 2009

Has anyone else not gotten any emails on MQ Central.  I have not gotten 1 since 10/22/2009???  Not even the daily tip????? ...

Has Anybody Else Gotten Emails Today From Their CTL
Nov 16, 2009

Has anybody else gotten emails today from their CTL.  I have gotten 4-5 of them so far from both CTLs in my area.  I thought this position was suppose to have been eliminated.  I wonder if they had a change in plans? ...

We Have Been Getting Emails From Corporate
Apr 02, 2010

about how wonderful we are.  We are on the list of Best of the Best.  Keep up the good work.  Our QA submission is down thanks to all of you.  BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.  YET!  THIS EMAIL ABOUT NO MERIT INCREASE AND 401K JUST HAPPENED TO NOT BE SENT BY EMAIL, BUT IN MQCENTRAL.    HOW CONVENIENT FOR THEM!  GEE, I WONDER WHY NO PERSONAL EMAIL? ...