A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just typed my last report ever and have officially said goodbye to Nuance - bitter sweet - HangingInThere

Posted: May 07, 2015

Today ends an era of an 18-year career as a medical transcriptionist.  I resigned a couple weeks' back to accept a position outside of the transcription industry.  It is bitter sweet because transcription has been such a huge part of my life and became a part of my way of living.  I won't trash talk Nuance today because it has absolutely no benefit.  After all, I was able to muddle through the changes as well as what I see as unethical policies and procedures and was able to continue to make a living and tend to the needs of my family. And I also now recognize if it wasn't for the "interesting" ride over the last few years as a Nuance employee I would perhaps have never explored beyond the Nuance walls and found the amazing opportunities that lie on the other side.  I have without a doubt witnessed situations where " the grass is not always greener on the other side" would definitely apply, but in this case I have been blessed with a much greener and fruitful opportunity that I am very grateful for.  My transcriptionist career has given me experience, a good work history, and an industry (healthcare) that I love.  So none of this has been in vein.  Because of the relentless, inconsistent, and irrational expectations I have become more detailed-oriented and more cautious and give out even a stronger and better product.  So Nuance, I am quite certain my new employer will be very grateful because your loss is their incredible gain. The obstacles that were thrown at me have become victories that will be benefited by others. To all my fellow MTs, I will be thinking of you and wish you all the best. Stay strong and show this world what you are made of and that you are unbelievably valuable! To newbies, be careful. Weigh the pros and cons.  If you accept a position with Nuance at least have a backup plan just in case what you have been reading on this forum is true and impacts you negatively. :)

Congratulations - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Congratulations to you! Thank you for sharing such a nice post with us. I can't believe someone actually found a reason to dislike your post, I thought it was wonderful.

Good luck to you!!

Well said, and best of luck to you! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Wow, I Typed 1 Whole Report...
Nov 27, 2014

x ...

Goodbye Nuance ..
Jan 04, 2013

I'm going back to full-time at M*Modal.  Maybe not the perfect situation, but they pay 25% more, I never run out of work, and I'm always treated with kindness and respect. Nuance reeks.  Goodbye QA losers.  Goodbye hateful supervisors.  I hope you all rot. Maybe I'll even turn you in to the Labor Board for your illegal practices.  Don't think since you are so big you can't hurt.  The bigger they come, the harder they fall.   ...

Goodbye - Nuance
Feb 11, 2013

Goodbye Nuance, cant say its been nice. 4 and 8 just aint so great! 5 and 9 is more inline. Every Sunday is just a drag. One weekend a month has more swag. Your QA is awful, degrading and sad, I'm just plain tired of being mad. Every comma, dot and dash, point me ugly e-mails, stealing my cash! I've had enough so farewell and goodbye. I am going to give an American Company a try. ...

Goodbye Nuance
May 02, 2013

Looking back at working for this scum company, you cannot believe how when I get an email from my new company that I shudder to open it because of the almighty fear of Fiesa that was put in me with Nuance.  I hated opening my email from that company.  It was only about my errors from Fiesa or something TL wanted us to do or just griping about who was or was not working their hours, blah, blah, blah.  I hate to admit this to anyone but I even started smoking again just because it was an outlet ...

Saying Goodbye To Nuance
Sep 11, 2014

It's time to move on.  There are things I have learned while at Nuance, and I am grateful to have a job when I really needed it, but I am happy to be moving on. I will not miss editing/retyping a whole report for pretty much nothing, I will not miss fiesa, I will not miss MUP, I will not miss having a million log ins for all the different things Nuance has, I will not miss having to switch between screens when typing a report to verify age, gender, location, dr etc, and I will not miss ...

Goodbye Nuance (and MT)!
Sep 25, 2014

Just finished my last shift with Nuance! I have taken early retirement and "hung up" my keyboard and earphones for good.  Had a great time deleting all the Nuance stuff off my computer!  I've been in this business 42 years; downhill the last 10.  I fell into a great opportunity to do sewing alterations for a bridal shop (which I love) and it's paying better than what MT was, with none of the aggravations.  No more timeclock, no more shifts, no more asking for time o ...

Goodbye Nuance. And Oh Yeah. You Can SUCK IT. Sm
Oct 21, 2012

I am writing this email to inform you that tonight will be my last night with Nuance Transcription Services. Over my many years in the workforce, I must say this is the first resignation letter I have penned without any sense of melancholy fondness for the job I am leaving behind. No, instead, it is a feeling of liberation from "time served." For the past 7 months, I have put in my time here at Nuance, suffered through many countless hours of horrible voice recognition files, made next to ...

Did Anybody Else Get A Goodbye Letter To The Nuance Family?
Jan 01, 2014

nm ...

Goodbye You Crappy Company. You DON'T Want To Work For Nuance
Nov 22, 2013

I've been gone for a month now.  I feel like bricks have been taken off my chest.  I don't feel the vomit rise in my throat when I checked Fiesa.  I work somewhere else for a little bit less money (about $20 day less), but it is so worth it.  There are companies hiring now. The pay might be a little less than Nuance, but take it.  In other small companies, the people you work for are nice and they care like the company I came from before Nuance.  ...

I Am Officially On Welfare Now
Jan 04, 2014

Last month I made $293.48.  This is after sitting in front of my computer 7 days a week for at least 8 hours each day.  I lost 3 IC jobs this past year due to two buyouts and one compay losing almost all their accounts.  So, I went down to the welfare office yesterday and applied for TANF and food stamps.  I will be getting my food stamp card in the mail next week as I'm classified as an "emergency" case since I have a small child to feed.  I will also be getting TA ...

Bitter People
Dec 31, 2011

I think all the bitter people on this board should have New Years Resolution, be nice.  There is a saying;    "People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abraham Lincoln Happy New Year. ...

It's Hard Not To Be Bitter
Jun 09, 2012

Over the last 3 years I have referred to this site infrequently and looked at posts and thought to myself "sounds like a bunch of bitter folks."   I have tried to keep my "game face" on but I can't do it anymore. I moved to Nuance/Webmedx last December after Medquist purchased JLG and I was NOT about to work for them.  What a huge mistake on my part, not that either were good options.  My pay has dropped to minimum wage -- I now bring home MONTHLY what 4 years I had made pre ...

So Now We Are Officially Called MLS. Just A Fancy Name For Peons.
Sep 05, 2012

. ...

Just For Fun. Who Listens To Their Files All The Way To The Bitter End?
Mar 19, 2014

I know this is stupid, but I have to make sure the bar is completely filled in showing there is no more audio.  Probably 1 time out of 200 this has actually resulted in my catching additional dictation. ...

YAY!!!! I'M OFFICIALLY OUTTA HERE - You Have No Idea How Good This Feels.
Mar 02, 2010

Hey Everyone! Yesterday was my last day with the Evil Q.  I've had a non-MT job for a couple of months and I was finally assured it will be permanent and I gave notice.  I've been with the Q for 10 years.  Like everyone, I saw my paychecks dwindling and could no longer make a living, nor could I afford more of MedQuist's "experiments" at my expense.  I saw the writing on the wall years ago and did nothing because of a fear of leaving and thinking things ...

It's Officially May 1st For Parts Of The Country - Anyone Striking Today?
May 01, 2012

Since it's official "D-Day," was just wondering if anyone was actually calling off today. If you're off today, hope you're having fun and making the most of it! ...

Warning: Do Not Read If You Are Bitter, Angry Or A Bad MT. Long Post. Sm
Jan 21, 2012

I think it's time to hear from "the other side", so I volunteered myself.  If you don't like it, too bad, but I will tell you the truth about how most MTSOs feel.  Through the years, I have gotten to be friends or at least friendly with many other MTSOs, some who have sold their companies and got out, some who sold their companies and came back and some who have never sold their companies.  I have been an MTSO for 24 years, and I was a transcriptionist and transcription ...

Sweet.....
Jan 06, 2011

Just had a doc thank me at the end of a dictation, wished me a Happy New Year, and said he appreciated all my help today.   I'd like to kiss that guy on the forehead!!! ...

Sweet!
Apr 03, 2012

I was at the end of a 20-minute report when the system went down and since it was down 2-1/2 hours, I thought it was gone for good.  I started working when the system came back up and now, 2 hours later, the report came back to me and I was able to recover everything!!  ...

Hey Wannie, Isn't It Nice That We Do Not Have To Endure The Wrath Of The Bitter MQ Folks Anymor
Dec 17, 2011

I must say, so not going to miss the bitter ornery folks on this board!  Soo glad to be out!!  Doing the happy dance as we speak!  I hope you "steal" a few extra lines this week! ;) Enjoy that cushy day shift a few more days (yes, my tongue is in my cheek).  I don't think there is anything cushy about wondering if you can pay your bills because MQ took all your old accounts and gave them away to their "old" employees without any regard for the people that had to work fo ...

Who Says Teenagers Can't Be Sweet? Sm
Apr 14, 2010

Today is my birthday, and last night at midnight, my 18 y/o son toasted a frozen waffle, put whipped cream on it along with some pineapple and grapefruits pieces, and lit it with four candles. I almost cried. How I am going to miss that boy when he goes off to college in Kerrville this fall! Sorry if this is sappy. ...

Doc Is Sweet But Clueless
Jul 03, 2014

At the end of the report I just completed, the nice dictator ended by saying, "Thank you for transcribing this note and have a happy 3-day weekend."  I honestly can't even REMEMBER when I had one of those!!!  Would if I could, Doc! Oh well... P.S.  All of you on the East Coast, STAY SAFE!  I'm praying for you guys.  I'm in the midwest where we're having unusually cool resort weather...it doesn't seem fair!  Happy 4th though!!!   ...

Anyone Else On That Sweet Account That Was Lost?
Jun 22, 2012

Wondering if anyone else worked for the West Coast hospital account that went away this week? ...

Thanks For All Of Your Sweet Comments, It Truly Helps To Commiserate With Y'all
Dec 28, 2011

Goodnight, God bless! Better days... ...

Sample Short-N-Sweet Letter To The Editor
May 19, 2012

We Will Do A "PT" "/PTT", LH, Etc. How Is Pt Ptt Typed In A Report...
Mar 25, 2010

PT/PTT or PT, PTT, LH, etc.?  Thanks much! ...

Just Passing Along! Ocala Fl In- House Mt Supervisor Job. Sweet Hours
Feb 24, 2013

http://health-care-jobs.advanceweb.com/job-details.php?jobid=156482&jobFltr=&comFltr=&stFltr=&cityFltr=&page= This link is for a mon - fri 8-430 MT supervisor in house position in Ocala fl. Thought I'd pass it along. Just wish I lived there for this job!! ...

Saying Goodbye
Feb 21, 2013

I was an MT for over 40 years and loved it, first working in physician̢۪s offices, then hospitals, and when hospitals shut down MT department I worked at home. Unfortunately over time, this phased out for me too, as I sat by the hour waiting for work, not making enough to get by. Jobs outside the home were difficult and discriminating, I felt, because of my age. Even retirees as Walmart greeters aren̢۪t so plentiful. Trying to find an answer wasn̢۪t easy with bills piling up and rent o ...

GOODBYE MT/ME
Feb 11, 2015

After nearly 30 years of MT/ME, I have seen this profession circle the drain, going down the proverbial toilet, and I don't even recognize it any more. It's not fun anymore. It saddens me to think how some of the greedy big MT companies totally messed things up for many of us (can you say OUTSOURCING?). True, there are a few that are still making a decent living; consider yourselves very fortunate.  I'm glad I have something else to fall back on and not settle for peanuts.&n ...

I Did It! I Finally Did It! Saying Goodbye To MT! (sm)
Oct 22, 2009

I was notified today that I have been chosen for a job with the local hospital - not doing transcription.  I finally get to say goodbye to no vacation, no sick pay, working 24/7, no pay increase, no recognition for a job well done, having to worry about my own taxes, and just everything that goes along with it, like the lying and back-stabbing from managers *** and owners ***, and having to deal with QA who says they follow BOS, but then makes things up as they go.  Its an 8 to 5 job ...