A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Bitter People - HappyFeet

Posted: Dec 31, 2011

I think all the bitter people on this board should have New Years Resolution, be nice.  There is a saying; 

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abraham Lincoln

Happy New Year.

heres what my psychiatrist says - happy is a state of mind

[ In Reply To ..]
Obviously my mind does not reside in that state.

Bitter People - HappyFeet

[ In Reply To ..]
I would then move to a different State.

It's all the uncertainty that kills serenity, not having to - cut back on "recreational" shopping. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
Not being sure if there'll be enough to cover the power bill each month is a much bigger problem than simply doing without lights would be if that were made as an affirmative decision--like people who move to "simpler" lives on purpose.

Considering... - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
...Lincoln presided over a war-torn country where men died by the tens of thousands, had their wounded extremities cut off with saws in tents, and we have as yet to heal from that conflict (Newt Gingrich for President, anyone?), and to top it off, had someone put a bullet in his "mind" while he was enjoying some light entertainment, I'd take any advice on happiness from that sorrowful man with a grain of salt.

say what??? - Anyway, Happy New Year I guess....nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Most of us have every right to be bitter - not blowing sunshine in the dark

[ In Reply To ..]
With our employers working tirelessly to make every day a little less profitable for us and a little more profitable for them...we have every right to be angry and bitter. That's our reality and no amount of "positive thinking" trumps corporate greed. Get real and realize negative emotion is not self-indulgence - it is a normal and logical response to a horrible situation. Pills will not fix it, bandaids will not fix it, and your demanding anybody cheer up will definitely not fix it. We can play "don't worry be happy" all day long and it will not fix it. It is what it is.

You got that right. I wan't bitter until MTSOs - started screwing us daily.

[ In Reply To ..]

Really. - pamt

[ In Reply To ..]
Go apply at McDonalds.

Don't let someone "screw you over." That's your fault if you allow that to happen. Change it, eliminate it or accept it.

Pretty simple.

Nobody is doing anything to you unless you allow it - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't sound very smart to sit around being bitter. Change your situation. Nobody can do that for you. Nobody is doing anything TO you. You are doing it to yourself if you stay in what you consider to be a hopeless position. Get out of it. Someone else will be happy to have that job.
And they will probably do it better! - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
If the people who are 'bitter' would find something else to do, someone else would be happy to get their current job. They'll probably do a better job of it too, because they are happy to have it. Attitude is a big part of success.

It is so simple if you stop and think about it - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You have a job? Be glad you have a job. Many people don't. Many people are out on the street or in homeless shelters.

You don't like your job and believe (maybe rightfully so) that you deserve better than the job you have? Why do you stay? Get moving! Someone else will be thankful to have your old job.

ALL jobs in your current career field are beneath you? Again, get moving! Get a job doing some other kind of work. It's a no-brainer.

Absolutely right!!! - JustTryingToGetBy

[ In Reply To ..]
I honestly don't understand why, if this career is as horrible as some make it out to be, they stay!!

I had a very good job with the county where I live. Good pay, great bennies - only problem was I detested it. I have a son with problems and I needed to be home with him, so I took an MT course and the rest is history. I quit the job that was making me a bitter, nasty person regardless off the good pay and great benefits.

I make less, but I'm here with my son when he needs me, and I'M HAPPY. It really is just this simple. If you don't like what you're doing, find something else you like, do what's necessary to prepare for the switch, then jump ship.

There's 10 people in line to take your job who will actually appreciate it and be thankful...

I think HappyFeet is right, - attitude is 99%

[ In Reply To ..]
If your attitude is 99% miserable, nothing can make you happy. Unfortunately many seem to want to wallow in their misery. and it will take a snowball effect. Being happy doesn't mean denying reality, it means you are content, you count your blessings rather than your pains and you look at life through optimistic eyes. and IMHO, faith in God plays a large role in that joy. Happy is up to you!

Bitter? Please. - curiousgeorge

[ In Reply To ..]
I *think* if you live in SYRIA, you might have a disheartened attitude, but if you are eating and working in our free society, bitterness sounds like an entitlement attitude.

I posted in another thread about a book, Man's Search for Meaning," by Viktor Frankl, where he tells the story of him and those who survived Auschwitz, the attitude they had. He states there is only one real thing we have control over and that is our attitude.

Bitterness has no purpose, only destroys you and the ones who care about you.

It wasn't attitude - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
Most of the people who survived the concentration camps were YOUNG. YOUNG AND STRONG going into it. Millions of people don't get slaughtered, CAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE. That is just "blame the victim" crap turned inside out.

Secondly, what Frankl writes about is nothing new or special or amazing - any CHILD who experiences physical, emotional and/or sexual abuse has the same experience - it's called DISSOCIATION. ANY CHILD does the same thing, subjected to abuse RIGHT NOW in the UNITED STATES, so-called "land of the free" - unless you are a kid tormented by your parents. OOPS, we didn't mean you, sorry kid.

Entitlement attitude - that's right - it's in the US Constitution - WE THE PEOPLE are "entitled" to all kinds of things.

Sounds like you like the Assad way of doing things. Buy a ticket to Syria, if you don't like the "entitlement" attitude of other Americans.

Live free and make a living wage! is my motto.

Too bad - curiousgeorge

[ In Reply To ..]
Viktor survived along with the folks he spoke about, and they were not children. And, yes, it was about attitude and finding meaning in even the smallest things. Did you read the book? I don't think you did and you are grasping for something to just attack with. I would never suggest that only those with a certain attitude survived. That is a complete twist on my words.

You sound like you are somewhat miserable and definitely bitter. I hope this changes for you. Really. I do.

Similar Messages:

It's Hard Not To Be Bitter
Jun 09, 2012

Over the last 3 years I have referred to this site infrequently and looked at posts and thought to myself "sounds like a bunch of bitter folks."   I have tried to keep my "game face" on but I can't do it anymore. I moved to Nuance/Webmedx last December after Medquist purchased JLG and I was NOT about to work for them.  What a huge mistake on my part, not that either were good options.  My pay has dropped to minimum wage -- I now bring home MONTHLY what 4 years I had made pre ...

Just For Fun. Who Listens To Their Files All The Way To The Bitter End?
Mar 19, 2014

I know this is stupid, but I have to make sure the bar is completely filled in showing there is no more audio.  Probably 1 time out of 200 this has actually resulted in my catching additional dictation. ...

Warning: Do Not Read If You Are Bitter, Angry Or A Bad MT. Long Post. Sm
Jan 21, 2012

I think it's time to hear from "the other side", so I volunteered myself.  If you don't like it, too bad, but I will tell you the truth about how most MTSOs feel.  Through the years, I have gotten to be friends or at least friendly with many other MTSOs, some who have sold their companies and got out, some who sold their companies and came back and some who have never sold their companies.  I have been an MTSO for 24 years, and I was a transcriptionist and transcription ...

Hey Wannie, Isn't It Nice That We Do Not Have To Endure The Wrath Of The Bitter MQ Folks Anymor
Dec 17, 2011

I must say, so not going to miss the bitter ornery folks on this board!  Soo glad to be out!!  Doing the happy dance as we speak!  I hope you "steal" a few extra lines this week! ;) Enjoy that cushy day shift a few more days (yes, my tongue is in my cheek).  I don't think there is anything cushy about wondering if you can pay your bills because MQ took all your old accounts and gave them away to their "old" employees without any regard for the people that had to work fo ...

Just Typed My Last Report Ever And Have Officially Said Goodbye To Nuance - Bitter Sweet
May 07, 2015

Today ends an era of an 18-year career as a medical transcriptionist.  I resigned a couple weeks' back to accept a position outside of the transcription industry.  It is bitter sweet because transcription has been such a huge part of my life and became a part of my way of living.  I won't trash talk Nuance today because it has absolutely no benefit.  After all, I was able to muddle through the changes as well as what I see as unethical policies and procedures and wa ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

MDI-MD VR People Here?
Oct 21, 2009

I'm curious.  Any MTs willing to discuss how they like Escription and are working for MDI-MD/Transcend?  ...

DId MDI P.r.n. People Get A Pay Cut Too? Nm
Nov 24, 2009

s ...

MQ People
Sep 10, 2010

I usually come to this forum for good, solid, BRUTALLY HONEST opinon and help.  I have seen this field deteriorate over the years and got to wondering if the suits at MQ have any idea how long some of us have done this work and how poorly they are treating highly qualified, experiences MTs.  I am very curious to see how many years of experience we have.  I personally have 28 years experience and for the past 3 years have not brought in more than 20K.   When I used ...

To All Of You QA People.
Feb 08, 2011

I know this is a little thing, but after 2 years it is a little annoying.  Why do you ask MTs to look up physician names and addresses that are not in the database and to send to QA?  You NEVER enter them into the system, not once.  I have kept a list of physician names and addresses that we frequently use that are not in the database.  I send them to QA every time, requesting that they be entered.  I wonder what your response would be if we sent it blank?  Just a l ...

People Think I Have No Job....
Jul 08, 2011

Okay, four years of doing transcription and it's been four years of people calling all day to chat, wanting me to go do this and that, etc.  I've tried over and over to explain to them to not drop by because I'm WORKING! Have any of you had to get down right rude to make people understand?  Husband also doesn't seem to get it since he mentions "you're at home all day." Ugh. ...

Why Are People So Mean Lately?
Jan 08, 2012

without somebody jumping on you or making fun of you or being spelling police or telling you that's the way business operates so suck it up or go somewhere else. All that hate can't be good for you, but Flame Away!!  ...

Twice As Many People
Dec 26, 2012

typing as there are jobs to be picked up on my account, and we are told via email to work on shortest TAT.  Good grief.  The account will be clear in 5 minutes anyway.  Management is a bit irritating sometimes. ...

Do People Know What An MT Is When You Tell Them?
Jan 25, 2013

It's crazy to me that people do not even know what medical transcriptionists do most of the time.  When people ask me what I do and I tell them transcription, it never fails that they say "What is that?"  I tell them that I type what the doctor says and they say, "What does he say?"  It's crazy that nobody ever wonders how when they ask for medical records they get neatly typed pages from their doc instead of handwritten chicken scratch.  Even when I do explain it, ...

Do They Ever Just Lay People Off?
Jan 29, 2013

Has anyone ever been laid off or do they just expect their employees to quit?  No steady work here in our BOB since October, worse since Christmas.  Even today when work started picking up I still ended up 3 hours short.  I have asked for a transfer and have been denied.  I was told to make up my hours on Saturdays, but last week I was short 20 hours.  That makes for one long Saturday especially when there was no work on Saturday.  So I filed for part ...

99.6?! Obviously These People Really Know Nothing About MT.
Jun 03, 2013

x ...

Any Former DSG People
Jul 06, 2013

I'm just curious if any of the DSG victims who were bought out by MM are still with MM. I had quit MM (MQ at the time) years earlier to go with DSG, only to get slammed back into MQ/MM when they bought out DSG. I quit MM after 8 months of the buy-out. It was my goal from day one of the buy-out and I finally succeeded in getting out of MT completely. ...

Now All Those People Who Would Have
Aug 23, 2013

will be in there working, and that can mean only one thing. This whole thing is about to MPlode. ...

Any Ex DSG People Here?
Feb 23, 2014

Ooops, I accidentally posted this under a reply to something else, so here goes again. Any ex-DSG people here? After 15 years, I finally had left MQ to go to DSG, then got thrown back into MQ/MM 2 years later when they bought out DSGs medical transcription department. I left MT completely after that fiasco. I trusted no company after that mess and decided leaving MT was the smartest thing to do. Just wondering if any of you Ex-DSGers are still working for MM, and if not, what are you doing ...

Too Many People In The Pot Here
Apr 09, 2014

I have a TSM, who I never hear from. Wonder what she does? I have a QA lead that I hear from when I screw up, then there is another one that does quality updates, what the is that anyway and why do I care? And then there is the one that sends out daily backlogs that also mean NOTHING to me in the grand scheme of life. Seems maybe we could trim the fat if we held maybe 2 people accountable to do their stinking jobs instead of 4. Not to mention the ones in the even higher positions that I ha ...

TTS People...
Apr 25, 2014

If anyone who works for TTS can help me, I would appreciate it. I've been there 3 weeks and I am actually happy working there. But .... I am super paranoid about sticking to 8 hours per day because I was warned that OT is not allowed unless expressly offered and only after I am off the orientation team and on the production team.  So I am being really careful about my active platform time but I wonder if I'm being TOO careful. I mean if I end up working 8 hours 10 minutes instead ...

Were Are The QA People
May 05, 2014

Kidney disease is stage 1, 2, etc. Roman numerals are no longer used..yet every report I check on this person in docqumanage has roman numerals. ...

People Should Know
Oct 16, 2014

Has anyone ever thought of contacting the national media to let the nation as a whole know where their medical records are going and who is doing them and that fact that people have died because of wrong medications, etc.?  I thing most Americans would be surprised and pissed to find out that their private medical information is ending up in India.  They might not care as much about our wages and what is happening to our jobs, but I think they would care about where their personal info ...

I Know People Say
Oct 29, 2014

that Nuance rarely gives raises but if I was to ask for a raise who do I contact HR or my TSM?  Thanks! ...

When And What To POC People Do?
Jun 02, 2015

How do we know when we can go in and make up lost time if our TSM is off duty?  Is this the function of the POC positions and if so how do we contact them?  they on Spark?  TIA ...

And Some People Wonder Why We Complain About MQ's ASR - Sm
Oct 21, 2009

ESL+ASR=THIS ---- <insert primal scream> He asked his wife which that his wife spray as cord friend and that she said that he does not have more through the does not he does not snore and he stated that he he is not having mouth breathing.     ...

MQ Advertising For More People ;(
Nov 08, 2009

which is no big deal, except that they can't seem to give me as much work as I want.  Same office going off and hiring more people and yet I've repeatedly asked for more work.  I've been trained on FOUR accounts, and then as each one peters out, they pull me off and put me on another one, and the cycle repeats.    Not only am I getting sick and tired of constantly training on a new hospital, but I'm getting sick and tired of constantly getting no jobs av ...

Is Anyone Unhappy That MDI PT People Are
Nov 22, 2009

getting the same paycut for NO benefits (other than 401K) as FT people are for the full gamut of benefits?  That doesn't seem quite fair to me.  I understand the cut for FT with benefits, just not for PT withOUT benefits.  What exactly is the PT paycut FOR? ...

Rude People
Dec 15, 2009

Why has everyone gotten so rude.  You apply for jobs and you can sense the "Tude" through the E-mails - if they are kind enough to send you one!  35+ years experience and they act like you are just off the boat to Transcription Land.    Counting the days until I can retire.  Love the websites that say you can make $60 K a year too - now that is really rude! ...