A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So now we are officially called MLS. Just a fancy name for peons. - nuancemt

Posted: Sep 05, 2012

lol...too bad no raise - with that fancy "new" name

[ In Reply To ..]
x

to encompass the peons that don't - transcribe. no message.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

QA/MT From A Peons Point Of View
May 11, 2011

PA MT and others -- I have recently started for a company, where I am transcribing as well as doing QA/Management.  Getting paid hourly for one and salary for the other.  At some point down the road, I will probably be hiriing MTs as well.  It is not easy, because I started out doing QA, then, having to transcribe on several accounts to make siure that when QA is done, it is done properly. Another thing to be considered when there is "lack of work" is the fact that there might be ...

S/L EMCET Was Called; Patient Was In PEA. MSET? M CET? Team Was Called
Oct 02, 2012

xx ...

I Am Officially On Welfare Now
Jan 04, 2014

Last month I made $293.48.  This is after sitting in front of my computer 7 days a week for at least 8 hours each day.  I lost 3 IC jobs this past year due to two buyouts and one compay losing almost all their accounts.  So, I went down to the welfare office yesterday and applied for TANF and food stamps.  I will be getting my food stamp card in the mail next week as I'm classified as an "emergency" case since I have a small child to feed.  I will also be getting TA ...

YAY!!!! I'M OFFICIALLY OUTTA HERE - You Have No Idea How Good This Feels.
Mar 02, 2010

Hey Everyone! Yesterday was my last day with the Evil Q.  I've had a non-MT job for a couple of months and I was finally assured it will be permanent and I gave notice.  I've been with the Q for 10 years.  Like everyone, I saw my paychecks dwindling and could no longer make a living, nor could I afford more of MedQuist's "experiments" at my expense.  I saw the writing on the wall years ago and did nothing because of a fear of leaving and thinking things ...

It's Officially May 1st For Parts Of The Country - Anyone Striking Today?
May 01, 2012

Since it's official "D-Day," was just wondering if anyone was actually calling off today. If you're off today, hope you're having fun and making the most of it! ...

Just Typed My Last Report Ever And Have Officially Said Goodbye To Nuance - Bitter Sweet
May 07, 2015

Today ends an era of an 18-year career as a medical transcriptionist.  I resigned a couple weeks' back to accept a position outside of the transcription industry.  It is bitter sweet because transcription has been such a huge part of my life and became a part of my way of living.  I won't trash talk Nuance today because it has absolutely no benefit.  After all, I was able to muddle through the changes as well as what I see as unethical policies and procedures and wa ...

What Is That Called?
Dec 08, 2009

When they rub your sternum with knuckles?   Doc says . . . No response to s/l noxic stimuli. ...

Has Anyone Every Heard Of A Lab Called A BVV?
Nov 20, 2009

This is an NP dictating on a pt newly placed on Coumadin for DVT. ...

My CCM Just Called. I Just Got Audited.
Jun 15, 2011

I hope this post quells some tempers and fears.  Obviously there are a lot of audits going on.  I got the call and my CCM said "just wanted to let you know that you are going great.  You were audited and are right where you need to be with quality and are above production level".  She said thank you very much and that she appreciated my hard work.  I asked her if she ever frequented this board, she said yes.  I told her about the firing posts and she said that peo ...

Patient Called 9-1-1 Or 911?
Mar 25, 2011

So-called Testing
Jan 29, 2012

Let me see if I got this right. You send me a few voice files.  You send me a few templates.  You send NO other instructions whatsoever.  I wing it, based on my years of experience and common sense.  The fact that I left out a blurb the speaker "always" wants in there (but never dictated) causes me to fail your so-called test? A blessing in disguise I think.  You should add "needs to be a mind reader" in your job post. ...

My Son Called Me Last Night
Jul 09, 2012

coming to a Holiday Inn where he lives. He said they advertised "Medical Transcription jobs - earn $40,000 a year!"  He thought I could use a good laugh. Thanks, son. ...

TTT-Anyone Called Back?
Sep 30, 2012

Anyone here called to work again for TTT? If so, are you chosing to upgrade your own PC or buy one from the company?   ...

New Radiology Ccm Or Whatever They Are Called Now
Oct 19, 2012

okay, since they fired our old manager and this new person took over, i spend more time out of work than i do working...also, the ONLY reports i get now are over 2 minutes long (in case you didn't know, radiology is paid by report)...i used to be able to bust my butt, but make a decent living...in the past two weeks, my pay has dropped by about 45% due to lack of work and distribution of reports....all since this mangament change...i don't know if she is giving them all to her old team ...

Anyone Ever Hear From Their CCM Or Whatever They Are Called Now
Feb 06, 2013

Got a new one, my 4th in a year btw, and the last one I heard from every day, at least 10 times a day with calls, e mails, etc.  This one started probably 2 weeks ago, haven't had a call from her to introduce herself, no e mail, no reply to my e mail...nothing. It is either feast or famine I guess.  I just hope when it is time for vacay,I hear from her but if I don't, guess she won't miss me when I'm gone ...

Nuance Called Me!!
Nov 12, 2014

Nuance actually called me out of the blue today regarding a job...I have heard A LOT of miserable things about them...do they still ring true?? ...

Just Called Support We Are Down
May 20, 2015

Accidenally hit my power button and logging back on I get unable to reach server..ticker number 1371940 ...

Does MQ Have Something Called Special Teams? SM
Apr 08, 2010

Group of MTs who go from account to account to help out if there is a backlog, JACHO or what have you?  You can tell if they're on your account because you keep getting the trashy doctors. I suppose you'll say the easy stuff is sent to India, but I'm just wondering.  I work for Spheris, so just thought I would ask.  Wonder how all of this is going to play out. Thanks. ...

Let Go Three Times And Called Back Again
May 04, 2010

Why does an employer, who let you go three times in three different type of work settings, yet call me back again to work for them? It is like they had a layoff a year ago with all this BS in mind. They have to know that I would hate to go back there with all this wishy-washy stuff; it is almost like they did it on purpose so that it would be a year and they could see if they could get something for nothing. I am having enough trouble trying to get out of this insane "career" without this type o ...

It's Called Trinket Trash.
May 21, 2010

I was reading the posts from below, so if anyone is interested, that is the name given to it by the people who distribute it.  You know the stuff - free little trinkets that you get from the bank with their name on it or you attend an event and it has the name of the promoter on it.  I really wish they had not sent it to me.  Now I have the responsibility of disposing of it into the garbage because trash it really is.  If it was serviceable (well, some of you have found uses ...

This So-called Upgrade Has Left Me
Sep 05, 2010

completely inadequate in doing my job. I have lost my desire to even type.  I can't believe how clunky I feel navigating around in this. I'm glad I will be gone from here soon! ...

Is There A Drug Called Lexium?
Jun 22, 2011

Patient is a GYN patient with severe left lower quadrant pain who went to the ER and received s/l lexium and Lortab.  Any advice?  Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A Company Called DTS?
Jan 21, 2011

They recently took over Wahltek.  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks! ...

Any Info On An MTSO Called
Feb 05, 2011

NM ...

HELP W2 From A Company Called CAS Resources
Mar 09, 2011

As I believe it is a company that handles the Payroll of a transcription company.   I thought I had received all my W2s, then this one pops up.  It was only for about 600 gross income.  I am thinking it may be TTS, but not sure, as I worked a little bit for them, but I thought it was in 2009, not 2010.  ...

Help Please!!! Called MQ Techs And I Asked For
Oct 13, 2011

help copying my shorthand files made in DQS onto a flash drive.  He said we can't do that.  I know a while back someone posted on her the specific directions to do this.  I KNEW I should have saved those instructions!  Did MQ sabotage us being able to do that anymore?  Or is the tech full of crap?  I hope someone here can post the directions to do that.  This is the one thing that is making me hesitate to get out of MQ--the thought of having to redo 12 ye ...

Company Called Patient First In VA
Jun 28, 2012

If you want to work as an employee, try Patient First in VA.  They pay by the line, never run out of work, pay hourly wage if any unforeseen downtime, and type straight dictation.  If you can type dictation non-verbatim, this might work for you.  Check on CareerBuilder or Monster jobs.  I was not able to type non-verbatim, just against my ethics. ...

If There Are 2 Companies Called MedScribe?
Jul 04, 2013

Can anyone please tell me if there are 2 companies called MedScribe?  I saved some job postings for this company, but when I go to a MedScribe website the address of this company does not match that of the ad... I am interested in the one based in Indiana, but the information I saw listed Florida addresses?  TIA! ...

Those Of You Familiar With A Company Called
Aug 09, 2013

Encore, what platform do they use? TIA ...

IC Now Called Business Associate
Aug 27, 2013

I have been offered a job as IC/Business Associate.  Now that I have looked into the HIPPA ruling this make me nervous as I can now be held liable even with fines up to $25,000 and even stiffer penalties.  I barely make it now from payday to payday.    I am not in a position to afford any kind of insurance like Liability Insurance.  I have always been a FT employee.  I am now torn on what to do.  The company is willing to train me in VR but when I read all the ...