A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

YAY!!!! I'M OFFICIALLY OUTTA HERE - You have no idea how good this feels. - Worker Bee

Posted: Mar 02, 2010

Hey Everyone!

Yesterday was my last day with the Evil Q.  I've had a non-MT job for a couple of months and I was finally assured it will be permanent and I gave notice. 

I've been with the Q for 10 years.  Like everyone, I saw my paychecks dwindling and could no longer make a living, nor could I afford more of MedQuist's "experiments" at my expense.  I saw the writing on the wall years ago and did nothing because of a fear of leaving and thinking things would get better.  I finally got fed up and decided to start looking.  I sent out six resumes and in one day got offers from three of those companies. 

I found a job as an IC with a small company where they actually know your name and appreciate you.  That alone is a huge blessing.  Not only that, I actually get compliments on my work and I'm told I'm doing a great job.  There's no ASR, just straight typing.  And although the work is challenging, I feel I'm really up to the task.  When you're working for good people, you just want to do a great job.  And I'm making more $$.   

To everyone:  Please don't give up.  There is life after the Q and it's good.  Don't let them beat you down and make you feel like you're worthless.  Don't jump through their hoops.  I'm in my mid 50's and for me I feel I'm too old to go back to school and start something new.  But if you're young enough, do it.  Get out of this profession.  There's absolutely no future here.  For those of you who are a little older and don't feel you can start something new, just know that there are good companies out there who appreciate your skills, your knowledge, your experience and the wisdom you've acquired through the years. 

MQ has to the one of the very worst companies on the planet.   Don't ever think that they'll help make your life better.  They won't.  All management is concerned about is padding their pockets.  They forget every minute that they wouldn't have jobs if it weren't for the "worker bees" of the company, the MT's.  Don't believe their lies.  Don't fall for their "spin."  Each of you is responsible for your own happiness.  Don't be like me and waste year after year.  Be brave.  You can do it!

I'm so happy - I feel like dancing.  God bless you all. 

left QA - congratulations

[ In Reply To ..]
I left a couple years ago myself and it was just like a dead weight off my shoulders. I really need to get a different job right now though as I have about 3-4 hours a day with no work even with a small MTSO. I am one of the older ones not able to start over, but it is scary here too. I read this forum every day and just cannot image how the people at the Q are really still there.

How did you find your new job?

outta here - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck to you. I am looking for a new job too, MQ is not what it used to be.

Happy For You! - 40Dogs

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm very happy for you! Same experience here, about same age, single parent, struggling to make ends meet, just different national company for the past 10 years. Major pay cut...and now in the position of needing 2 jobs just to make ends meet!

Would love to know how you found a decent smaller company to work for with good pay. Hard to find positive remarks on any company these days...seems the ones that are eventually do a 180 turn once you are making good money with them...as they seem to overhire underpaid MTs.

Seeing your post gives a tiny fleck of hope to an otherwise dreary outlook on transcription jobs these days.

Good for you and thanks for the encouragement. - It does help.

[ In Reply To ..]
I am on my way out too. Can't wait.

congralations!! - i am jealous!

[ In Reply To ..]
x

outta here - Tweetie

[ In Reply To ..]
Awesome! I am so happy for you. That was a great post and so true. I'm too old too - 50+, but there ARE other avenues other than the Q. Good luck to you!

Similar Messages:

Do You Know What Feels Really Good? Even Better Than
Aug 18, 2013

Quitting Nuance.  Sweet, sweet relief. Goodbye EVIL TL.  goodbye rotten, inaccurate, inept QC and QA.  You just cannot believe how good it feels to be OUT OUT OUT.    ...

Yesterday Was My Last Day,feels So Good To Be Free
Apr 15, 2014

After 20 years at MM and 5 years transcribing before that, I'm officially retired.  MM was a great job when I started. It allowed me to stay home with my kids when they were small and I even made a good wage but lately...this company has gone to the dogs and I am so happy to be done with it.  There was a time when we were professionals not just typists working for peanuts. I will miss transcribing but I will not miss MM. Au revoir MM.  ...

Is There Really Noone Who Thinks Taking The CMT Exam Is A Good Idea?
Jun 20, 2012

I am studying for the CMT exam, but the process is taking the joy out of my life.  I noticed that on a previous post, everyone unanimously voted NO regarding the question about whether the CMT is worthwhile anymore.  I am seriously considering dropping the idea of sitting the CMT exam.  Am I making a mistake?  (I really do not want to take jobs of increased responsibility in the field, just make sure I stay employed.)  I'd appreciate your words of wisdom. ...

I'm Outta Here!
Jan 28, 2012

Just wanted y'all to know that I lasted all of 4-1/2 months with this company.  I've been in this business for 30+ years and have never, ever worked where things were as crazy as they are at MedQuist.  Good luck to all who are successful as employees here.  For me, I'm outta here!!  Life is just too short to put up with their crap. ...

OUTTA HERE
Dec 14, 2014

Found another job. Boo ya nuance! ...

I Am Officially On Welfare Now
Jan 04, 2014

Last month I made $293.48.  This is after sitting in front of my computer 7 days a week for at least 8 hours each day.  I lost 3 IC jobs this past year due to two buyouts and one compay losing almost all their accounts.  So, I went down to the welfare office yesterday and applied for TANF and food stamps.  I will be getting my food stamp card in the mail next week as I'm classified as an "emergency" case since I have a small child to feed.  I will also be getting TA ...

T Minus 6 Minutes And I'm OUTTA HERE
Sep 02, 2013

x ...

So Now We Are Officially Called MLS. Just A Fancy Name For Peons.
Sep 05, 2012

. ...

I'm Outta Here, And I Won't Be Back After The Snowflakes Leave.
Dec 06, 2012

I think the straw that broke this camel's back was when someone suggested those of us with legitimate medical issues regarding the snowflakes leave until January. I believe the specific quotation was something like "See ya!" Well, no you won't. I had hoped to be able to contribute to the community and to develop some friendships on this board when I joined up, but I am taking the hint that I am unwelcome. Despite the low pay, I love what I do. Because I love what I do a ...

It's Officially May 1st For Parts Of The Country - Anyone Striking Today?
May 01, 2012

Since it's official "D-Day," was just wondering if anyone was actually calling off today. If you're off today, hope you're having fun and making the most of it! ...

Just Typed My Last Report Ever And Have Officially Said Goodbye To Nuance - Bitter Sweet
May 07, 2015

Today ends an era of an 18-year career as a medical transcriptionist.  I resigned a couple weeks' back to accept a position outside of the transcription industry.  It is bitter sweet because transcription has been such a huge part of my life and became a part of my way of living.  I won't trash talk Nuance today because it has absolutely no benefit.  After all, I was able to muddle through the changes as well as what I see as unethical policies and procedures and wa ...

Feels Like My Very First Day...sm
Sep 27, 2011

LUNGS:  No "orgophnia"  No "donals" to percussion. ...

Pelvic Feels (s/l Mar-i-tal).... SM
Oct 20, 2009

Pelvic feels _______ and the vaginal vault has diffuse reddening. ...

Forgot What It Feels Like To Work
Aug 09, 2013

Has that happened to anyone else? Even though I actually really do want to work, when work does show up I'm like "crap...I can't wait until we run out again...." ...

Just Resigned, Feels Soooooo Right!
Feb 23, 2014

I finally had the moment I have been waiting for, for far too long.  I sent my resignation and I could not be happier.  I found a new opportunity and I am taking it.  No matter where it leads, it will be much better than working for this sweat-shop penile colony.  Good luck to you still here and do not give up, there is life after MModal (and some mental recuperation).  May God bless you all with YOUR opportunity.  ...

Feels A Little Like The Hunger Games
Mar 11, 2014

Good luck everyone! ...

Feeling Sick To My Stomach Right Now. It Feels Like
Feb 14, 2012

someone punched me in the stomach.  I worked for a specific company for a while a couple years ago.  I was let go when they told me they were going out of business.  And now I see an ad for them???  WHAT???? ...

This Capillary Area Feels Brisk On All Five Hands
Jul 18, 2011

This does not make sense.  Thoughts??? ...

The Patient Feels Like She Has ___(sounds Like Socked In) Discomfort In Her Maxillary Sinuses.
Oct 05, 2010

TIA ...

What About This Idea?
Apr 08, 2010

I would like to suggest that every unhappy MT at MQ jam the phone line(s) of Employee Assistance and share how the stress from working at MQ is affecting your health, your work, and your personal lives.  If this is supposed to be a benefit for all employees, then make it work for you by calling, one by one, day by day, hour by hour, and then, quite possibly, you will see another benefit taken away from MTs (such as no-strings-attached QA) but at least you can get satisfa ...

No Idea...
Aug 28, 2010

I'm having trouble with line 5 of this PMH: 2.  Fibromyalgia. 3.  Hypertension.  4.  Enlarged liver.  5.  s/l lepulley 2001.  6.  Left CTR 2002.  7.  BTL 1992.   It could be left something, but I can't think of anything, even shorthand, that would fit there. ...

I Have No Idea...
Dec 01, 2010

I have absolutely no clue what this is supposed to be...please help!! "Check pre-biologic labs.  The patient already has an s/l (eject sex re).  Obtain a copy." I'm not sure if it's a type of x-ray or lab test...the patient has psoriatic arthritis, OA, and fibromyalgia, and is getting ready to have surgery to fix her cervical neck and to remove a cervical lymph node Any ideas? ...

No Idea
Dec 15, 2010

Sounds like "disgrazias". Any ideas? Context:  She was sent to Dr. So-and-so to evaluate for chronic lymphocytic leukemia or other blood disgrazias/malignancies.      Any help is very much appreciated! :) ...

Any Idea
Jan 24, 2011

What 10.5 per visible line character might equal to all characters and spaces counted?  Thanks. ...

No Idea What This Could Be!
Jan 29, 2012

In further ( s/l loose ideation) of the problem, it appears she has had chronic UTIs that require the use of Bactrim 4-6 times per year for several years now. ...

Odd Idea
Feb 13, 2012

This occurred to me today and just thought I'd share.  What if this were a supportive forum? No, no, I'm not talking about not complaining, etc., that's important to do, IMO. But, we are all in the same craft, so maybe we could cheer one another on! Even get to know one another. OMG, that would be awful! I was in a completely different industry a few years ago, and it was full of stress and difficulty, and we griped all the time, but in the end, we lifted one another up, vers ...

No Idea--?
Apr 05, 2012

Chest x-ray shows no significant change compared to XX/XX/2011, persistent bilateral pleural effusions, cardiomegaly, *s/l "pass-you-by's for"* right worse than left opacities. Going to have to blank this one, as I need to turn it in, but would be interested to read any thoughts. Thanks in advance. ...

I Have An Idea, Let's Try This
Jun 13, 2012

I know people are happy at their jobs and I applaud you for finding the right fit and hope it continues for you---I am asking all you happy MTs to post the name of the company you work for?!?!?!?!  You are willing to share all other information about the company share the name with us---we all want to know which companies are good out there, all we usually hear about are the bad ones, no hesitation there to share the name for sure. ...

New Job Idea
Nov 20, 2012

Today I had to go to a deposition at my attorney's office. There was a woman there who was a "voice-writer" to be present and record the meeting. She used a mask over her mouth and repeated into the mask everything that was said verbatim. We could not hear her. This went directly onto her computer screen which was connected and she said all she had to do now was edit the voice recognition report. I looked it up online and there is a lot of information about this field. I am thinking of cons ...

Another Job Idea
Nov 20, 2012

I previously worked for a MTSO whose main focus was on buying out every company possible. I had enough of the micromanagement and pay cuts, low work, no work, etc. so I just walked away after giving notice. I had been looking for work daily, applying, sending resumes with no luck. Then I saw at the local mall where many seasonal positions to work in the stores were available. I applied having no customer service skills, but I got the job. My foot is now in the door! I am hoping it will lead to a ...