A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If 90% of what you read is bad, I would trust THAT. People with positive things - to say are very few, indeed.

Posted: Nov 11, 2014

Please read back in past months, years. It has been a miserable experience for many, many people and for many, many reasons.

Take it with a grain of salt. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
There are thousands of employees, and only hundreds who post here at MTStars. People who are happy with their careers don't post on MTStars, and most don't even visit MTStars because it's so full of negativity. If you look at the positive posts, those people who posted them are getting reamed over the goals by the disgruntled employees because how dare we enjoy our jobs and make a decent living when they hate what they do and are only making minimum wage and getting written up.

Allowing for the management bloat at every level of their matrices of - software engineers and profiteers, there

[ In Reply To ..]
Likely are hundreds of people happy with their work at Nuance.

That pretty much excludes minimum wage nit-picked MTs...believe me, I have seen first hand the truth of everything written here, and more!

I agree, I don't think I've seen such a mgmt-bogged sm - acuteMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
down company in my life. How many more titles will they make up to add even more layers of management to this already management-heavy company?

Plus, the management has changed so often I don't even know who is above my immediate supervisor anymore.
so sad, but true... - ztr
[ In Reply To ..]
Believe everything you read. I took my chances hoping people were being just negative, but everything has become a reality. I've been here less than a year and I really don't even know who my supervisor is either. I get e-mails from 3 or 4 people about my hours, etc. I had an interview Friday (not MT work), so at this point just hoping I get the job. Things at Nuance change wayyy too much. I'm ready for some stability.

I used to think - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to think MT Stars was a bunch of whiners and complainers. Was I ever wrong! A few years with a big MTSO proved that by and large what is said here is true.
Very true. The MTSOs will have you think that we are sm - acuteMLS
[ In Reply To ..]
a bunch of no-working, whining, never satisfied people but we are actually a good representation of what's really happening behind the shiny recruitment ads and calls they're making.

Nuance has made its own reputation and because of that they can't hire people fast enough to replace those who are leaving. I think the majority of us who remain are "acquired" MTs who came along with one company or another and really want to get out of MT but haven't found that opportunity yet.

I will never, ever take another MT job. Ever. The few companies left are lying about the amount of work they have, the pay and the benefits.
I agree with every word you typed; they also fail to mention how - often you will be bumped to new accounts
[ In Reply To ..]
When yours are shipped to India.

Positive - wonder

[ In Reply To ..]
And one just has to wonder, if it isn't just one person positing all the positives....pretending to be, and we can just about guess where that one comes from. I believe a lot on here are one in the same, but that's my 2 cents and my opinion! People I believe also come on here to check for jobs and try to get information on what should have been told to us from management and or HR, etc. Maybe they are not getting their things done for being on here?

That's because if you say anything - not management

[ In Reply To ..]

positive, you get accused of being management, so why bother.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Recently Hired By DTS? Have Things Improved? Old Posts Not Positive. NM
Apr 06, 2013

. ...

If You Want To Read Something All Fluffy And Positive This Isn't It
Nov 22, 2010

My posts may get deleted, but one more thing. Some people come on here and say, don't be negative.  Stay positive.  Well I would if there was anything to be positive about.  I'm positive because God has blessed me with a wonderful family and home and friends.  I made the decision to go into MT, which I wish God would have warned me about. Actually it was great when I worked for YOG. I just should have jumped ship when it got bought by a corporation.  It's ...

Read So Many Good Things About Opti-Script
Jan 07, 2010

I have read so many good things about Opti-Script - tested recently but no openings right now.  Low turnover rate - which is GOOD!  So I'll wait.....So many slave shop companies out there - I don't want to go that route. Talked with some companies and tested with some.   BTW, one gripe I have - testing for a company - and knowing you did well, but absolutely NO REPLY!!!  Any reputable MT company needs to know this - When an MT applies and tests, THEY ARE WAITING ON A RESPONSE AB ...

TransTech - Good Or Bad? I've Read Positive And Negative - Sm
Feb 17, 2011

posts so far, about the same amount of each.  I was thinking about applying with them.  I heard they have good insurance, and that's very important to me because of my situation.  I also read that they have a lot of VR, and I've never done that before, but I'm going to have to learn sometime.  Any positive or negative comments are welcome.  Thanks!  ...

It Would Be Nice If People Selling Things On The
Dec 02, 2014

check that board for any responses and also check the email connected with their post for responses.   Some people really do want to buy things from that board.  ...

PLEASE READ! For The People Who Can't Figure Out
Dec 17, 2012

I'm sorry, but there's a thread below where someone is calling out the user "SM".  LMAO! SM MEANS: short message, small message, or see message.  Pick whichever you prefer. It's been used on message boards practically since Al Gore invented the internet! (lol) I was told it meant "see message", while others have been told it's is one of the other 2 meanings.  However, the overall meaning is the same.  It means "Hey, there's a message ...

Have Any Of You Nice People Read Anything On This Board?
Aug 29, 2014

These things you are asking about? This is Nuance. Adapt or die trying, those are your choices. Sorry, wish I could be more encouraging.   ...

Trust No One!
Jun 21, 2013

What comes around, goes around! ...

When The Trust Is Gone...
Jan 09, 2015

You have nothing.  Thank God I finally got a job at a local hospital.  It is a clerical position and I will be starting out making more than I did with Nuance.  I have transcribed for years, but Nuance definitely helped me realize I needed to get out sooner rather than later.  Several things have happened to me personally that made me not trust this company, not things that I've read on this board, but PERSONALLY.  I definitely don't trust this FIESA garbage.&n ...

Can We Trust The Backlog Right Now?
Jan 31, 2010

Sometimes it tells me NJA, then cesspool, then primaries.  When I look at the backlog, there seems to be my work in my primaries, late work even, so why am I getting NJA and why am I getting jobs from accounts I never work on? ...

Medicak INK - Looking For The Good Things/bad Things
Aug 23, 2013

Considering making a move to this company.  Spoke with owner and she sounds delightful. Just wondering if anyone has any info on the company...anything at all!  Thank you! ...

OK I Trust You Guys So Much, I Just Ordered
Mar 14, 2011

Wondering How Many Of Us Still Trust Doctors?
Jul 19, 2012

I've been curious for a while how others feel about the care delivery end of the health care industry that we work for, i.e. going to the doctor yourself.  As employees of the largest transcription company in the world with a wide selection of the good, the bad and the ugly of hospitals, clinics, doctors and doctor impersonaters, how has this tallest building in the city view of the industry shaped your opinion?  Do you go to your trusted doctor when you get a cold, or when you we ...

What About This! Trust In India Sold MM.
Jun 05, 2013

"The company has sold part of it's holding in its subsidiary viz Godrej Agrovet Limited, entire holding in M'Modal Inc and its joint venture company viz Godrej Hershey Limited," the filing added.   http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/godrej-industries-q4-net-at-rs-93-67-cr-113052800949_1.html ...

Urinalysis:  Blood Positive, Protein Positive
Jun 02, 2010

Urinalysis:  Blood positive, protein positive, 30-40 dublisees(???) 80-99 rbusees ...

Abnormal Nuclear Stress Test, Consider False Positive Study, Hyphen FALSE POSITIVE?
May 19, 2010

:) ...

OB S/l Nitrazine Positive, ___ Positive Sm
Jun 28, 2011

Can't tell what's being said. First it sounded like folate positive, then foleen or poleen.  Ack! Whatever it is, it showed up in office visit exam and again in hospital. ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

So How Are Things Going To Be Different After
Mar 27, 2015

midnight tonight?  If we've had to have mandatory OT for 2 weeks, what is going to all of a sudden change? ...

How Are Things At Transtech?
Feb 10, 2010

Does anyone have current information on the working conditions at Transtech?  Is their insurance okay?  Do they have enough work? ...

Is Anyone Sticking Around To See How Things Go?
Feb 17, 2010

I recently lost my MT job with a pretty decent company.  It was due to lack of work.  I know this is happening a lot these days, and I've been reading a lot of the posts here.  I know that no field is perfect, but I have to do something.  How many of you plan on (or can) stick around to see how things go, and how many of you are going back to school or getting into a different field? ...

Things That Make Me Go Hmm
May 19, 2010

Have ya ever wondered, WHY is it that we get "audited" when we are having really, really bad work days? Why does the "computer randomly chose" (ha!) the most difficult, awful report to review?   My latest audit was on a dictator I had NEVER EVER DONE before, on a brand spanking new account, was 1098 minutes and ASR and ESL!  I got an 84%.  (Hey! as far as I'm concerned that should have been an A+++!!  Least I gave them something that looked like a report.) I a ...

MQ - Things Never Change
Sep 30, 2010

I worked for MQ many, many years ago when they bought the company I was working for.  From reading this board, it appears some things never change and only get worse.  I remember having to switch from one account to the other constantly and trying to keep track of client profiles.  Glad I am out of there!! ...

OTT Has Now Changed Up Some More Things...
Oct 15, 2010

All headers are now no longer counted in the line count. We're already out of work most of the time and now this. We don't get paid for cc's that we add or all the info on the pt before we ever start typing. I'd say when we do have work they're getting a lot of free work from us. ...

Offshoring, Things We Can Do.
Sep 14, 2011

First off, I am truly disgusted with our government for allowing offshoring to such a degree that it has taken most of our jobs away.  We have written and complained to no avail.  We do need to do some things on our own too.  I recently went shopping for my son's school supplies.  I read the labels to make sure things were made in America.  Ink pens:  The only ink pens I found made in America were Pilot pens, BIC were made in China.  I bought the Pilot pe ...

How Are Things Currently At Landmark?
Feb 07, 2012

xx ...

I Want To Change Things Here
Apr 08, 2012

Im know for my big mouth and speaking my mind...Everyone including me is on here bitching, that is counterproductive and makes for a long day..This job is an IMPORTANT job, not just every idiot can do it..I enjoy the challenges that come with it, even though there are times I would like to pull my hair out...With that I'm opening my mouth and making a move...So I am asking what you guys want me to include in my email...Constructive critism only please...I know most of the problems, but I do ...

I Know They Change Things
Aug 18, 2012

I know this b/c I specifically could not find a doctors name in the database for one particular job and I blanked it, wrote it down so I would remember the job number and what I blanked and when my corrections came through today, that name was filled in as if I put it there, there was no blank no more with a correction that I put in the incorrect name.  I know that I blanked it.  This is rediculous!!!  I can't wait to find another job!  ...

I've Had It, Done, Over. I Got Up Early To Get Many Things Done Sm
Dec 28, 2012

since I found out last night that I am having unexpected overnight houseguests tonight.  In-laws suddenly don't have room....Not only is my house a mess from entertaining both xmas eve and xmas while trying to get in work which was nearly impossible because there wasn't any, but I was low on food, my son had a doc's appt for a cough that he has had for 3 weeks now, and we are expecting a snowstorm tomorrow.  I ran around like a wild woman al ...