A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I quit Nuance on Saturday... - happy

Posted: Apr 01, 2014

I quit Nuance on Saturday and today have received 2 offers for employment elsewhere.  One is in the transcription field and the second is something completely different.  Think I will go with the new field.  I need a change. There are plenty of minimum wage or a little better paying jobs out there in transcription though if one wants to stay with that type work.  You don't have to stick with Nuance for fear of not finding other work. Smile

New employment - Pollyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
If you're young enough you can find employment outside this dead end job. Those of us who are older are not able to get even a menial job away from this. I've tried for 2 years and I'm still here and hating every minute of it.

I'm 56 and found 2 jobs right away... - happy

[ In Reply To ..]
I felt like you, that my age would keep me from finding anything else but I had no problem at all finding other employment. First transcription job I applied for, I passed their test, and I was offered employment the next day, but I'm not taking that one. I worked for Nuance for 8 years and was happy there in the beginning for a few years, but lately I have been so disgusted, and when I switched over to a new account with a less than professional and very rude supervisor, I knew it was time for me to move on. I quit while training for the new account.

What was the other job? - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Had you done that kind of work before? Starting wage? I'm gearing for the get-out at 52 so I'm hoping your good luck spreads!

I might have that same account/supervisor. - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you might giving a hint (supervisor initials or account initials) so I know if it's the same?
LG and the job I am taking is - happy
[ In Reply To ..]
a telemarketing job. I will still be working at home, pay is 9.00 an hour and I can get insurance at 30 hours per week. That was one thing that held me back was most places you have to work full-time to get insurance benefits and I am in school full-time and can only work part-time right now.

Finding a new job at 56 plus - Pollyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
You may find another job in this field but I've tried for 2 years to get out of this field and unable to. No one seems to want to hire an MT to do something new especially if you're an older MT.

Job hunting - is a

[ In Reply To ..]
numbers game. Getting discouraged feeds a person's anxiety and feelings of inadequacy. IMO, you send out 20 resumes and if you're really luck 1 responds. I'm not looking right now but if I was I would completely saturate the job market I felt I was qualified or could learn easily. Same thing I told my son with his master's applications - let's throw everything out there and see what sticks, then we'll go from there. Don't get discouraged and down on yourself. If you can do this job, without supervision, and a constant need to learn more, then you can find something you can do if you JUST DON'T GIVE UP. These companies and there error markings make you feel like you're basically good for nothing else. Honestly, it borders on an abusive relationship. They keep you isolated from your peers, tell you how awful you are, an make every effort your fault (you just need to try hard). I call BS in a big way!!! Start taking steps, setting yourself up to get out and for heaven's sake rebuild the self-esteem they've taken from you!! Just my little rant, but the best of wishes to those trying and getting out. :)

Job hunting oops - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
"make every error your fault" an "try harder" It's way to early to get me this worked up. I NEED CAFFEINE!!!!

Similar Messages:

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

Does Nuance Pay Out Your Unused PTO When You Quit?
Aug 04, 2014

Does Nuance pay out your unused PTO when you quit or do you lose it? Trying to plan for my escape and want to know what to expect. Hey, a gal can dream! Thank you in advance. ...

I Quit Nuance, Have Questions Can Somebody Answer Please
Sep 24, 2012

Hi all, I terminated my job with Nuance and, of course, Alpha Staff not answering my emails. I have a few questions I would appreciate help with. First is are they going to send me something regarding continuing my insurances, more concerned with life insurance and short-term and long-term disability? They can keep their medical insurance and dental insurance. Also, I know they will pay me my PTO, but will I have to wait for the next pay date for this to happen? Thanks in advance for y ...

Nuance Sucks! I Just Quit. No Notice.
Dec 11, 2012

nm ...

How Many Nuance Employees Have Quit In The Past 30 Days?
Aug 04, 2013

I'm just curious because I'm actively looking for anything other than this MT crap. On my main account, most of this a.m. no work. Now all of a sudden there's work plus they want me to move to another count to help out. Why didn't you need my help this morning? Sorry, but my shift ends now and I'm outta here. It seems every day there are people quitting - I can't wait to jump on that band wagon. :) ...

NJA-Saturday
Apr 27, 2013

Strategic Accounts-anyone in this region with much work? Just curious. I am wondering when the work actually flows in, released, if there is such a thing happening. I think I would be willing to work a different shift if there was work later in day. I do not see a pattern.   ...

Something Is Up...again No Work On A Saturday? Why Oh Why Don't
Nov 12, 2011

they just lay me off? I was bought out 2 months ago and still working on my accounts (2), not on MQ's platform yet, actuallly nothing really has changed except no work.  Do you think they are being sent overseas? I just don't get it.  I don't even know if MQ is to blame for this.  Who knows.  All I know is that this is not fun. ...

Saturday Work
Mar 02, 2013

Not sure what is going on in the North this morning, but I've had work for 4 hours now and still work on the system.  Very unusual for my accounts on a Saturday.  ...

Out Of Work On A Saturday
Jul 06, 2013

and don't tell me it's just because it's summer or the holiday.  I've worked here long enough to know.  There used to be work during the day shift and now there's not.  They didn't hire more people on my team, so where did the work go ? (india)  And I have never ever run out on a Saturday so where did the work go ?(india) ...

No Work On Saturday Morning??? Come On..Really!!! Nothing Like Sm
Jan 19, 2013

leaving a great party early on Friday night becuase I have to work very early Saturday morning, drag myself out of bed, drink coffee to wake up, begin work only to run out after earning about $30!!  I really feel like a fool.  This would not be so bad if we did not have such strict schedules, although who is actually working their schedules anymore?  Seems as if MModal has its cake and eats it too.  ...

It S Saturday, Where Is My Work? This Is My Shift.
Mar 09, 2013

Did everyone take "my work" and use it for their make up time???? ...

Typical Saturday Morning..
Oct 04, 2014

OOW--my TMS quit--no new TSM yet.  I liked her--sorry she left.  I have 3 accounts and not ONE job this morning--so why do I have to work Saturday mornings againg???  I am sooooo glad I supplement my income by watching children in my home.  That is the only way I can survive.   I also have so many other things I could be doing this morning--but no, I sit and wait for work... Just killing time, typing this post, bored to death.  I am going to pick my daughter up f ...

Another Saturday Spent Working
Feb 21, 2015

x ...

NJA Saturday Morning, North Region
Aug 21, 2010

Always work Saturday morning, rarely have NJA but beginning to think it's going to be a regular thing now.  This is my 3rd NJA this week. I feel sorry for those that get NJA every day. I can feel it creeping up on me slowly. I hope those of you who have NJA have applied for unemployment. I did, back in February, and during these slow times it does help, even if it's just a little bit. I AM looking for another job, but not in transcription, but I live in Michigan and it's hard ...

Just Got The Email - Everybody Must Work A Saturday Or Sunday.
Aug 21, 2010

I already work weekends. They say it is for TAT. Work is already thin on weekends. This is not fair to the people who were hired for M-F. Sat or Sun schedules was the reason I turned down Spheris a long time ago. I only work weekends now because I have been going to school to get out of this MT rat hole. ...

NJA North Region, Saturday Morning...sm
Aug 28, 2010

Working in the helper pool and even that ran dry. I need to make up some hours from last week, don't know if I'll even be able to do that this weekend! Wish they would just go ahead and lay us off so we can get TAA. This is getting old. ...

Saturday Morning North Region NJA.
Sep 03, 2011

No msg. ...

Are There Any MTSOs That Hire For Saturday Work Only?
Feb 20, 2012

I like where I am working now, but just don't have enough work.  I'd love to find a place that would hire me for Saturdays only.  Any clues? ...

Got E Mail To Upgrade To 7.2 Before Saturday, Can't Wait (not)
Mar 11, 2013

Why this stupid upgrade anyway?  So sick of these upgrades.  ...

System Down Saturday Evening, North?
Jan 26, 2014

When I tried to sign back on at 9 p.m. PST (midnight EST), I could not get in, and the DEP light was red. I thought I saw a message on DEP that it was down for maintenance, but I just found the schedule they sent us sometime back, and next weekend is what is scheduled. Was the system down? -- Or were they in fact doing maintenance? ...

Why Do All The Companies Have You Working Every Weekend Either Saturday Or Sunday?
May 24, 2010

Why do all the companies have you working every weekend either saturday or sunday?  I would much rather work both sat and sun every other weekend than be tied up every weekend.  Just wondering if anyone knows the reasoning for that. ...

Since Christmas Is On A Saturday, Do Any Of You SoftScript Employees Know, Do We Get Holiday Pay Sm
Dec 24, 2010

on top of the weekend differential, or just the regular 1 cpl for weekend?  It would be nice to make $5 instead of $2 for the 2 reports that will probably come my way that day ..LOL ...

Seriously, Is TT Trying To Get Everyone To Quit?
Jan 26, 2010

Not only can I not get up to speed flip flopping back and forth between traditional work and VR each and every report, not only did they cut my pay for this not so great new platform, not only can I not change accounts because there is no work on anything but my account, not only has production incentive gotten completely out of my reach, and not only is this year's insurance not actually what I signed up for, but now the latest? Seriously WHAT IS UP?  I can&# ...

BOO HOO -- Can I Quit?
Feb 01, 2010

This is the first time I am transcribing an intubation procedure.  The doctor keeps stating that he used an instrument "Glide slope."  I can only find a GlideScope.  Is he mispronouncing the name of this instrument, or is there a Glide Slope? ...

Anyone Who Has Quit MQ
Mar 15, 2010

Just curious how long it took to get your 401K. I'm thinking about quitting, taking the penalty for cashing in the 401K and living on the rest while I look for a new job. Probably not the best strategy, but this FTR thing is really making me crazy. TIA ...

Want To Quit
Apr 07, 2010

How much notice should I give? ...

Everyone Quit!!
Apr 14, 2010

I am so serious.  Everyone needs to quit transcribing for a while.  We need to get this industry back to where we could actually make a decent living.  I am making less money now than I did 15 years ago.  It is absolutely ridiculous.  As long as we keep agreeing to all the junk that these transcription companies keep throwing at us, it will only continue to go downhill.  I really think I could make as much money at McDonald's than I am now.  Something ...

What Happens To PTO If You Quit?
Jun 01, 2010

I am thinking about starting to look around for another job and was wondering if I need to use up my PTO before I quit or will it be paid out?  If I have PTO saved up and put in my notice will they find a way not to give it to me?  Thanks! ...

QUIT MQ
Jun 15, 2010

Does anyone know about how many people have quit MQ in the past 6 months or so?  It seems that things are going from bad to worse recently.   ...

Quit Job?
Jul 14, 2010

I am thinking about quiting my job at the hospital to try and work from home, but after reading some of the postings here i am wondering if that is such a good idea. Is there really a shortage of work out there? Do i dare take the chance?   jkl ...