A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

No work on Saturday morning??? Come on..Really!!! Nothing like sm - shortcake

Posted: Jan 19, 2013

leaving a great party early on Friday night becuase I have to work very early Saturday morning, drag myself out of bed, drink coffee to wake up, begin work only to run out after earning about $30!!  I really feel like a fool.  This would not be so bad if we did not have such strict schedules, although who is actually working their schedules anymore?  Seems as if MModal has its cake and eats it too. 

Holiday weekend, No school on Monday. I am assuming - Doctors all on weekend vacation. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

P.S. Work dried up by 8 pm last night, when usually - my account has a backlog on Fridays. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

How does holiday = low work!? People still get sick, hospitals, ER - still busy, emerg surgeries still done. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Been doing this for 10 years, every 3 day weekend, holiday, etc. - is slow.

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course there are emergencies and some people in the hospital, but they don't schedule things on those days, and they probably run with minimal staff. It is ALWAYS slow on a 3-day weekend or holiday. There are very few surgeons dictating in my account on weekends even on a regular weekend.
I have been doing it longer than that, and I dont agree, but then, - I dont drink their Kool-Ade. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
s
weekends are always slow, 3 day weekends are worse - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
If weekends are always slow, why do we all have to - WORK WEEKENDS?
[ In Reply To ..]
That is just plain ridiculous! Every flippin company wants Tues-Sat or Sun-Thu! Why do you think that is? Is it because weekends are slow? NO!!!
No, it is because if they didn't make us, no one would - and then
[ In Reply To ..]
the few jobs that come in would not get done. Then to be fair, they make everyone work. Anybody who thinks weekends are as busy as the week are crazy to think so. The most my account has had to day are 7 jobs at a time, when normally there are around 40. I just thank my lucky stars I only have to work 4 hours on Saturday. I work on Hospital accounts, maybe some clinics are open, but the ones around here aren't open on Saturdays. There is no way you can get an appointment here on a Saturday.
First, calm down....then think about it... - none
[ In Reply To ..]
This is a 24/7 deal, right? So, coverage on the weekend is to make sure that MM can ensure contractural turn-around times. It doesn't mean that we all have to cover it because there is work. And, I would imagine that, MM has to require a weekend day from us for that reason and that reason alone. Otherwise, it is slower, always. Apparently, we need to agree to disagree.
I agree with you. Been doing this for 27 years. - Does not get slow.
[ In Reply To ..]
During 3 day holidays. I guess then it depends on what accounts. My account has ERs and they are swamped on holidays. Yet, I'm not getting the work. Somebody is and it is not our United States group.
16 years of doing this and long weekends/holidays are always slow. No Kool-Aid, just a fact. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Just because you hate your job and your life, doesn't mean you have to fudge the truth.

This business has always been and always will be feast or famine. Holidays/long weekends have always been slower.

Yes, hospitals are open but clinics are not and no elective surgeries are scheduled. Hospitals will also do a "low census" and discharge as many people as they can before the weekend/holiday hits. These are facts.

Do they close the hospitals so the doctors can go - on holiday??? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I know for a fact that the hospitals around here are extremely busy, espeically ER, due to flu. sm - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
The work is there, we're just not getting it!!
Don't ding me on typos!!!! nm - shortcake
[ In Reply To ..]

I have to say....no, I don't work my schedule... - noneya

[ In Reply To ..]
anymore because I don't have work. I sign on at weird times to try and find work anymore. One of my accounts is gone baby gone. I haven't seen it for a month now. I feel guilty cuz I wouldn't like it if someone were working my hours to get work but...what we gonna do? I think the least they could do for us is tell us when the accounts go away! My husband told me last night, don't worry about working there any more, it's not worth the tiny paycheck. I am going to be doing my resume today instead of work and I won't call in either. They DON'T KNOW if I am at work or not. I have taken a day here or there and never heard about it!

Same here. My husband says the same thing but would rather see me - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
get laid off or fired so I can collect SUI while looking for something else. I love working at home but everything that I loved about it has been taken away and the stress is overwhelming sometimes with all this time spent waiting for work that never comes and being committed to a schedule and not earning any money. Good luck to you!!!

Tell hubby they will never ever lay you off and will go - to great lengths not to fire you. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
I'm afraid you are correct. nm - shortcake
[ In Reply To ..]

I think I am done - paying the

[ In Reply To ..]
"let's make up the time game." We all have scheduled hours for a reason and then the majority of us anymore run out of work and then everyone works whenever so they can make some money so then the next day it starts all over again. I filed partial claim with UE and no worky then no makey up. They can kiss my ***. The days of me being a dedicated employee are all over. They do not do anything to help us have work. And Amy and her false promises of we are going to try to make it so people aren't bouncing around as much and all of her other lies. Well....they can all bite me!!!

Similar Messages:

Typical Saturday Morning..
Oct 04, 2014

OOW--my TMS quit--no new TSM yet.  I liked her--sorry she left.  I have 3 accounts and not ONE job this morning--so why do I have to work Saturday mornings againg???  I am sooooo glad I supplement my income by watching children in my home.  That is the only way I can survive.   I also have so many other things I could be doing this morning--but no, I sit and wait for work... Just killing time, typing this post, bored to death.  I am going to pick my daughter up f ...

NJA Saturday Morning, North Region
Aug 21, 2010

Always work Saturday morning, rarely have NJA but beginning to think it's going to be a regular thing now.  This is my 3rd NJA this week. I feel sorry for those that get NJA every day. I can feel it creeping up on me slowly. I hope those of you who have NJA have applied for unemployment. I did, back in February, and during these slow times it does help, even if it's just a little bit. I AM looking for another job, but not in transcription, but I live in Michigan and it's hard ...

NJA North Region, Saturday Morning...sm
Aug 28, 2010

Working in the helper pool and even that ran dry. I need to make up some hours from last week, don't know if I'll even be able to do that this weekend! Wish they would just go ahead and lay us off so we can get TAA. This is getting old. ...

Saturday Morning North Region NJA.
Sep 03, 2011

No msg. ...

NJA-Saturday
Apr 27, 2013

Strategic Accounts-anyone in this region with much work? Just curious. I am wondering when the work actually flows in, released, if there is such a thing happening. I think I would be willing to work a different shift if there was work later in day. I do not see a pattern.   ...

Something Is Up...again No Work On A Saturday? Why Oh Why Don't
Nov 12, 2011

they just lay me off? I was bought out 2 months ago and still working on my accounts (2), not on MQ's platform yet, actuallly nothing really has changed except no work.  Do you think they are being sent overseas? I just don't get it.  I don't even know if MQ is to blame for this.  Who knows.  All I know is that this is not fun. ...

Saturday Work
Mar 02, 2013

Not sure what is going on in the North this morning, but I've had work for 4 hours now and still work on the system.  Very unusual for my accounts on a Saturday.  ...

Out Of Work On A Saturday
Jul 06, 2013

and don't tell me it's just because it's summer or the holiday.  I've worked here long enough to know.  There used to be work during the day shift and now there's not.  They didn't hire more people on my team, so where did the work go ? (india)  And I have never ever run out on a Saturday so where did the work go ?(india) ...

It S Saturday, Where Is My Work? This Is My Shift.
Mar 09, 2013

Did everyone take "my work" and use it for their make up time???? ...

I Quit Nuance On Saturday...
Apr 01, 2014

I quit Nuance on Saturday and today have received 2 offers for employment elsewhere.  One is in the transcription field and the second is something completely different.  Think I will go with the new field.  I need a change. There are plenty of minimum wage or a little better paying jobs out there in transcription though if one wants to stay with that type work.  You don't have to stick with Nuance for fear of not finding other work.  ...

Another Saturday Spent Working
Feb 21, 2015

x ...

Just Got The Email - Everybody Must Work A Saturday Or Sunday.
Aug 21, 2010

I already work weekends. They say it is for TAT. Work is already thin on weekends. This is not fair to the people who were hired for M-F. Sat or Sun schedules was the reason I turned down Spheris a long time ago. I only work weekends now because I have been going to school to get out of this MT rat hole. ...

Are There Any MTSOs That Hire For Saturday Work Only?
Feb 20, 2012

I like where I am working now, but just don't have enough work.  I'd love to find a place that would hire me for Saturdays only.  Any clues? ...

Got E Mail To Upgrade To 7.2 Before Saturday, Can't Wait (not)
Mar 11, 2013

Why this stupid upgrade anyway?  So sick of these upgrades.  ...

System Down Saturday Evening, North?
Jan 26, 2014

When I tried to sign back on at 9 p.m. PST (midnight EST), I could not get in, and the DEP light was red. I thought I saw a message on DEP that it was down for maintenance, but I just found the schedule they sent us sometime back, and next weekend is what is scheduled. Was the system down? -- Or were they in fact doing maintenance? ...

Why Do All The Companies Have You Working Every Weekend Either Saturday Or Sunday?
May 24, 2010

Why do all the companies have you working every weekend either saturday or sunday?  I would much rather work both sat and sun every other weekend than be tied up every weekend.  Just wondering if anyone knows the reasoning for that. ...

Since Christmas Is On A Saturday, Do Any Of You SoftScript Employees Know, Do We Get Holiday Pay Sm
Dec 24, 2010

on top of the weekend differential, or just the regular 1 cpl for weekend?  It would be nice to make $5 instead of $2 for the 2 reports that will probably come my way that day ..LOL ...

NJA - Anyone Else This Morning????
Dec 01, 2009

x ...

Always NJA In Morning
Jan 30, 2010

I'm getting so tired of having a report or two, then NJA, then while waiting another report comes, then NJA, etc., etc., early in my shift.  Sure, we have been encouraged to just check back later on and work then.  I really don't know why they suggest or even allow this to happen.  When you log on during another shift, all you're doing is taking work from those folks who normall work then.  They in turn are then told to work later too and this cycle of NJA just ...

NJA This Morning Anyone?
Jun 17, 2010

Already, and on a Thursday!  Northeast ...

After Seeing The Ad This Morning For The IC And They
Jan 02, 2012

only want to pay 8 cpl on top of requiring a foot pedal and specific software, has anyone ever emailed these places to tell them how absolutely ridiculous it is for them to expect us to buy a footpedal and specific software when the pay is low?  Just curious. ...

No Work This Morning -- Again.
Nov 16, 2009

No work again.  How many other people are OUT of work??? I hope no one. ...

Is There Anyone Actually Working This Morning?
Nov 27, 2009

I think I have not worked on a Friday morning, the day after Thanksgiving, for the last 4 years because of NO JOBS AVAILABLE. ...

No Jobs Available This Morning
Jan 01, 2010

It was slow last night too.  I had to work back to back for the holiday with no holiday pay late last night while others were celebrating around the neighborhood.  Then at midnight when I got off work, it was just in time to see all the fireworks go off in the neighborhood. I wonder if no jobs available will be all day long!!! ...

My DD Is In The Bank This Morning
Jan 11, 2010

nm ...

UGH... This Is A 4 Tums Morning
Apr 03, 2010

I am sick to death of typing on accounts not in my BOB!  This is the 4th one already and I am only an hour into my shift. There are no samples in the repositry, there are no jobs that come up under the dictator look up feature... I keep stuffing down the Tums, wondering why in the heck I was forced to do weekend hours when there is no work in my accounts on the weekend. I HATE THIS.  How do you all do it?  Who put me in this "helper pool" in the first place? ...

Where Is Everyone This Morning? I Did Not Get My Check. Sm
May 10, 2010

Well, to the poster below in ESL garbage land, first let me say.  I too was in that same place 2 weeks ago.  An addition to my regular account, but it was all I was getting and NOT getting my OP notes at all.   The reports were not more than 20 lines usually, but I spent much, much time in trying to decipher and be FTR.  My CCM was very good about it, and told me it would be taken off and I would not have to do that account any longer.   Of course, I wish I had ...

No Jobs Available In My BOB For This Morning.
May 17, 2010

x ...

Anybody Having Problems With DQS This Morning? - Nm
Jun 28, 2010

xx ...

Glorious Morning
Jun 09, 2010

Up too late last night fighting with the husband, get up this morning draaaaagging.  Find I have no Internet or phone.  Call the cable people.  Finally get signed on and lo and behold NO JOBS AVAILABLE.  My calendar must be wrong.  This must be Friday the 13th. ...