A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I <3 Nuance. . . - x

Posted: Aug 02, 2012

I have been with Nuance a few years.  I'm an MT.  I'm not the best MT out there, nor am I the worst.  I read the comments on these boards and my jaw is on the floor.  FYI, not everyone has the bad experiences that have been discussed on this site.  I can't account for the horrible things I hear people saying about Nuance, except to say if things are really that bad for you, maybe MT is not for you or Nuance is not a good fit for your career path.

Whoa - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been an MT for 17+ years and am dang good at it, thank you very much. I have NEVER had QA problems at any other job. In Fact, I WAS QA at several other jobs. I TRAINED other MTs and mentored them. I, however, know how to get the best out of people and it isn't beating them like dogs over nothing.

I am "cut out" to do this job and the complaints on this site are valid. We are marked off for hypens, commas, is, a, the, an and a myriad of other NON important and VERY subjective things.

In addition, I get 100% reviews from MOST of the QA staff, there are 2 QA people on the accounts I work on who are on a mission from God to fail every report they lay eyes upon.

So, if I am getting 100% from the rest of the QA staff, you go right ahead and tell me I am a lousy MT and should leave the industry.

Perhaps you have a different group of QA and you should count your lucky stars for that sister.

WHOA - wsotbduguo

[ In Reply To ..]
Grow up. I've been doing this as well for 25 years. Have been with Focus/Nuance for almost 5 and never had these problems. When they say verbatim, they get verbatim. Every little missed word, comma, punctuation error, and words left out because someone does not think they sound right impacts how speech recognition works. Following the account guideline also helps.

Jeez Louise. If folks do not like the rules of the company, quit and form your own where you make the rules.

IMHO. Flame away.

Nuance - Noel

[ In Reply To ..]
All you will ever get from Nuance is the minimum wage for your state. You tell me why if you can do more than the line rate, but fall short of the bonus rate, you will not get paid for those lines that you do? That is a rip off. You will also be given reports to slow you down if you do too much. I know that first hand. Why do people want to settle for mimimum wage? If you have to, but you deserve a chance to make more and get a raise. Something is very wrong with this company and the rest of them included. Someone needs to do something.

nuance sm - x

[ In Reply To ..]
I made $17.50/hour my last pay period before taxes and deductions (insurance, etc). That is not minimum wage.
Nuance - Noel
[ In Reply To ..]
I do not know what account you work for, but you must be one of the chosen ones. Not too many people would be able to do over 400 lines an hour to make that with all the editing that you have to do. Most people struggle with 200.
Nuance pay - WMX MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I used to make over $20 per hour at Webmedx. I make much less than that now. While some may be doing well at Nuance, I think that is the exception. If you look at the stats that our managers send out you will see that the average LPH and line counts are pretty poor. The average LPH for our team was 170 LPH, and that is with 90% of the reports on VR! The highest LPH on our team was only 240 LPH, which doesn't amount to much money at 4 cpl. Our team's average quality score was less than 99%. That tells you that most MTs at Nuance are not doing well with either production ($$) or QA audits on FIESA. What is your LPH and QA score?
LPH etc sm - x
[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance minimums to receive the incentive are 110 standard lph and 220 voice recognition lph. I check my lph a few times a day and I am always well above that. My QA has always been 99%+.
Again, your experience differs from others - WMX MT
[ In Reply To ..]
We were told minimum LPH was 143 regardless of whether it was straight typing or speech (doesn't make much sense, but manager confirmed that). If you are making $17.50 per hour, what is your average LPH? I know quality minimum is 99%, but I think it's telling that our team average is below that (60+ MTs on the team).
LPH etc sm - x
[ In Reply To ..]
When I check my LPH, it does break it out into VR and standard, so I don't know what the combined is from the site I check. I sometimes get to almost 400 VR and rarely get below 150 for standard (I don't do much standard). I am not on an easy account. Some days it seems it is all ESL, a lot of bad audio (they sound like they are dictating from the bottom of a tin mine in Peru), I do liver transplants and brain surgery, all acute care. I am not bragging. Just don't want to be told I must have it easy. I don't. I don't think anyone has it easy when they are an MT.

Don't forget, our platform is supposedly slower than what the Nuance people have. sm - yet another former WMX MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I really don't know where they are pulling out the numbers saying the highest LPH is in the 475-500 range. Sorry...I don't believe that is possible on E5, unless it is radiology work they are doing or only getting reports loaded with normals.

Tested it out with acute care myself on E5. Just listening with speed cranked up as fast as it would go...dictation sounded like the chipmunks. I didn't even have a chance to read the VR report, it was going so fast.

Maybe Nuance employees on different platforms can do it. I don't know.

You know if as a group, the E5 people average a higher level, they will just "adjust" our pay rates downward yet again. Just my opinion. No way do I just sign off a report without actually reading what I am editing. No way!
LPH - frustrated MT
[ In Reply To ..]
line count is 143 for editscript and 178 or something like that for Escription.
No way! - NOT!
[ In Reply To ..]
I think you're lying. There is no way unless you have one of the easiest accounts out there. You sound very suspicious to be making such allegations about your pay when the majority states otherwise. Either you want to flame the board, or either you are a manager in disguise doing this. I know a lot of managers at Nuance read this board.

Until you prove otherwise, that is my opinion of your latest flaming.
pants on fire - x
[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah. I get rich lying about my pay, pretending to be an MT when I am in reality management and flaming message boards. That's my motivation.
x pants on fire - mt20years
[ In Reply To ..]
You are truly hilarious. Thanks for the laugh and making my day.

to Noel...sm - anontoo

[ In Reply To ..]
That is very interesting. I have noticed it happen to me. Whenever I get up to a certain LPH, the following pay period I suddenly start getting reports from my back up accounts that I rarely do rather than my primaries, despite plenty of reports left on my primaries. Then, down goes my LPH. I had thought it was just rotten luck, but this makes me wonder.

nuance - x

[ In Reply To ..]
I came to Nuance w/no acute care experience except ER reports. I have always made LPH, %accuracy and % pend, and thus my incentive every pay period. You will admit there are posts on this site that come *that* close (or maybe actually do say) and Nuance makes sure MTs do not get their % accuracy in order to not pay the incentive. That's pretty bad, to accuse Nuance of cheating people out of money they rightfully earned.

I have had 3 different team leads. None of them hounded me over anything, I didn't go running to them with every perceived slight. In 2 years, I received one correction from QC that was incorrect and my TL caught it before it went against me. So I don't know whether to say I am really, really lucky or everyone else with these problems is really, really unlucky.

If you're trying to make Nuance sound good... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
..you're doing the opposite.

If the only one posting they love it there is less experienced than most, arrogant, and condescending, that does not say much about the company.

I wouldn't work for a company who has employees marking people off for commas, periods, hyphens and "a" and "the", and THEN using it to penalize them monetarily. I personally would not "<3" that.

nuance sm - x

[ In Reply To ..]
See, why the horrible knee-jerk reaction? I haven't called anyone names. I began without much acute care experience, although I had been doing MT for years. I am now full experience acute care reports.

I don't believe you know the meaning of "knee-jerk reaction"... - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't even work for Nuance, so what would I be reacting to? That makes no sense.

I was addressing your comment that if one doesn't "<3" Nuance like you do, it's probably because "everyone else with these problems is really, really unlucky" or "maybe MT is not for you or Nuance is not a good fit for your career path." I think that's uninformed at the least and arrogant at the most. And you posted just to say this? Umm..okay. Agenda is evident.

I'd go with you're really, really lucky - Former Focus

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't have the huge problems with QA that a lot of people did, but there were a couple that pretty much seemed like they were just out to find anything.

Something is seriously wrong when you are more concerned about the STYLE of a document as opposed to the CONTENT.

I almost lost my house working for what was then Focus Infomatics. It doesn't sound like much has changed, unfortunately.

nuance sm - x

[ In Reply To ..]
I first began doing MT for a national that had no QA! They were the ones that were later successfully sued for systematically cheating MTs out of lines.

There are HUGE problems in the MT industry and none of them have been resolved in the years since I went to school (at a match-book school) and since I have been working. It's a very difficult way to earn a buck.
Have to get the last word in, doncha? - Former Focus
[ In Reply To ..]
The only place I found it difficult to make a buck was Focus. I left them and went to ExecuScribe and did quite well until the account I was on was lost to EPIC. I went back to my current employer, having worked for them in the past, and have done VERY, very well for myself with them.

You just keep on keeping on with Nuance. I'm glad it's working out for you. Keep your superiority in check, though, my friend, because whether you are intending to or not, you come across as very smug. It's not attractive.

at x - cassie

[ In Reply To ..]
I think its amazing that you are one of the only ones here on the post claiming to never had a bad experience with QA. You stated that you came to Nuance with little experience, but ER reports...I'm wondering what experience you have now. As many of us on here have been in the MT game long enough to know right from wrong (years of experience) and most of us have had clear mistakes by QA, yet you are the only one that has a TL that "catches" mistakes before they even reach you. I am sure I can speak for everybody else that the TLs don't check your QA like that b/c if they did then we wouldn't have to challenge QA's errors on our incorrect Fiesa QA. So i'm wondering how you have that luxury and nobody else does. The problems are what they are and those of us making comments are clearly seeing a trend where our QA and line counts are to the point that we are in incentive zone and suddenly we are knocked right out of it b/c all of the sudden we are failing our QA. This is a consistent problem, not just here and there. Not to mention, I am sure that most of us work on harder worktypes than just ER reports. If all I had was ER reports, I could bang it out the park, they are easy. But i'm sure most of us have ESLs, acute care, cancer centers, etc. The not so easy stuff.

According to the OP, she IS doing acute care and - not just ER notes and said she made..

[ In Reply To ..]
$17.50 an hour this past pay period before taxes, insurance etc.

Just thought I would clarify, not saying I believe or agree, but if shes making it like that with what Nuance pays, she needs to share her secrets.
I would love to know how.. - cassie
[ In Reply To ..]
I would love to know how she is making 17.50 an hour before taxes, insurance, etc.? With our pay she must be wonder woman. I have been doing this for years, well over a decade, and tell you what, I work in acute care with accounts heavy in ESL and I have yet to see 17.50 an hour working with Nuance. She must be on a dirt easy account with minimmal ESL and VR that requires little to no changes. I know on my accounts, that is just not possible. She claims she makes so much, why doesn't she share her secret to making so much on her accounts that she works on and not having QA tear her down, as she claims.

Are you kidding? - ER is all she does?

[ In Reply To ..]
So that's what she does to make over 17 dollars an hour? ER reports only? Must be nice! No wonder she's a braggert.

How much are they paying you - for making that comment?

[ In Reply To ..]
TIA.

nuance - x-sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Just feel sorry for the TLs who have to try to deal with some of these horrible attitudes I see on these boards.

How much? - ???

[ In Reply To ..]
Why are you a TL yourself? Either that or maybe you like making minimum wage? I think most here have a legitimate gripe because these MTSOs are taking over and paying transcriptionists poverty wage. I, for one, am being proactive and soon will be moving on and away from this all together.

You see, I see the trend with this particular company that once you get your line counts up, these QA people smack you right back down. This is what I mean by poverty wage. There is no excuse to be QA'd like that; they act like they are gestapos or something. And yes, after 16 years in the business I have come to realize with these changes in the industry that being an MT is not for me anymore as I don't like making poverty wage and soon I will be out of this.

Again, congratulations if you like what you do and to be paid the amount that you get. If your happy, so be it. I err on the side of the majority here and am doing something about it.

Don't feel bad for the TLs, we don't even bother any more. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I never e-mail my TL, what's the point.

Nothing gets reversed even when the TL says "Oh, hey, yeah that is so wrong. i will get it fixed." NEVER happens.

I find it interesting that you are all about blaming the MT for everything. I smell a rat.

nuance sm - x
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't even know how to respond to your comment, but frankly, you sound a little paranoid.
First liars, now crazy. Okay. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing in that post was "paranoid."

My TL says she will "fix" something, she doesn't do it. I don't bother any more.

Seems you need to read the definition of paranoid.

The I smell a rat part,,,ah - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been at Nuance for a while and I know how they operate. They aren't all bad, but they aren't all that good either.

So I admit your rah-rah attitude seems a bit off.

Perhaps the phrase "smell a rat" was too strong, but your joyful experience seems grossly exagerated.
nuance sm - x
[ In Reply To ..]
I've read posts from the past few months and many times when someone defended Nuance, there were replies that someone "smelled something," someone "smelled like a suit." It's laughable.
Laughable - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
perhaps we are laughable to you.

What is laughable to me is anyone who can praise Nuance to the highest heavens. I don't know who or what position you hold, but I do know that Nuance is about a 3 on a scale of 10.

That is just plain FACT. My last THREE TLs have all agreed that QA is inconsistent and confusing, which makes it very difficult to get incentive.

So, you will have to excuse my smell-0-meter going off on your posts when even my TLs are willing to publically state QA needs improving (and it was VERY public in a QA meeting with every person on my team present and listening).

If you want to convince people, you have to smudge it just a little. You forget we work at Nuance and we know the truth.

Thats good you are happy, but I have a question - for you?

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you produce a high amount of lines per shift? Not to offend anyone but it just seems like with what they pay you have to produce at least 2,500 lines per day just to hit $100 dollars.

I know some accounts are better than others as far as VR and so depending on that it would be easy to make good lines.

But then you gotta think about the reputation of QA. I would be too afraid to speed up the volume out of fear that I would miss something and fail an audit.

I know everyone's experience and situations are different and perhaps, you are just working for a little extra. I think whether or not a person is happy will vary with each person and their circumstances regardless of where you work.

I dont doubt Nuance is a good company for some, but being as though they are such a large and thriving company, there is really no excuse for them to not pay their MTs better and their QA sounds frightening.

nuance sm - x

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not have the experience with QAs foaming at the mouth. It's really puzzling to me.

You are LUCKY. Doesn't mean we are LYING. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you, you haven't been scored unfairly. That's you, congrats.

I do acute care all work types, been doing this for over a decade, hon.

I had been getting my 99% every quarter and now suddenly, NOT.

I will say this again for the HEARING IMPAIRED -- there is one QA in particular who I have NEVER passed a single audit from and yet I get 100% from other QA.

We are talking 0.25 minor errors until it gets me just under 99%.

I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe she has never pulled a single report of mine that was over 99% when the bulk of my other reports are 100% from the other QA.

Count yourself lucky and stop implying the rest of us are whiny little liars.

LMAO - Nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh the QA sucks in this company and there is no ifs, ands or buts about it! They want to smack a person down as much as they can - has to be a superiority issue. Not a good company for me!

LMAO - Nuance - mt25

[ In Reply To ..]
You are so right. QA was crap even when it was OSI and with Nuance/Fiesa it just got worse. You will see one thing and when you look again that has changed. Also, be careful about being too happy. Lots of people lost there jobs after being told they would not. With the Transcend buy BE SURE SOME OF YOU WILL BE GONE.
x - x
[ In Reply To ..]
When my kids were little, I explained bullies to them as people who felt bad inside and wanted everyone else to feel as bad as they did. To me, that's what most of the comments on these boards are--miserable, negative people who want to bring everyone down, and if you disagree, double wham-o.
x-x - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think the people that post here are trying to make anyone feel bad. And we are not little kids, so YOU don't have to explain to us. To me, you have a very smug attitude and I certainly hope some of the things I have experienced with Nuance don't come your way.

I am not miserable or negative and I don't feel that most other people expressing their opinion are either.

My TL does not type, does not answer emails and is pretty much worthless in getting back to me on FIESA. I KNOW THAT I AM NOT ALONE.

So good for you if you are happy. The only time I feel bad inside is when I see my paycheck and know I am being ripped off.

So stay off the board if all you get is negativity from the comments. You won't be missed.
x - x
[ In Reply To ..]
thanks for proving my point
Good point - I agree
[ In Reply To ..]
Really, I agree if they cannot take the comments on this board.

My experience with Nuance - WMX MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It's great that you have had such a wonderful experience with Nuance. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same. I did not choose to work for Nuance. My company, Webmedx, was acquired by them. Since the time of the acquisition, things have really gone downhill there, and none of the issues that I have had relate to the fact that "MT is not for you," although my eyes have definitely been opened to the fact that "Nuance is not a good fit for your career path." I find it quite appalling that you would insinuate that problems people are having at Nuance are caused by them not being a good MT or just in general having a bad attitude or complaining.

I think it is really hard to generalize about Nuance as a company in whole as it is composed of so many acquired companies and some of the attitudes and practices at the prior companies still affect how things work today even after integration. There seem to be no global policies at Nuance and there are quite a few discrepancies between what we are told by different supervisors and HR. I have asked for an employee handbook repeatedly and was told there wasn't one. I do believe that one could have quite a different experience based on your manager or team lead (the management structure isn't even the same across the board).

I have never had any problems with FIESA, but I have been very lucky to only have my reports reviewed by a QA reviewer who also previously worked with me at Webmedx, and their QA was always very fair and helpful.

I have had issues with horrible quality ISR, clueless managers who cannot and/or will not respond to emails or questions we have about our accounts or anything in general, horrible audio quality that we are told there is nothing they can do about, etc. None of these issues relate at all to how good of an MT I am.

Again, I'm glad that you have had a good experience, but I would bet that sooner or later you will find yourself in the same position as the rest of us if you continue to work for Nuance.

To the op..x sm - yet another former WMX MT

[ In Reply To ..]
That is great that you are happy, "x", but why post your last sentence about unhappy people not being cut out for MT, etc.? Having done acute care for only a short while certainly does not mean that you know it all in regards to acute care. That takes years to learn, and as any good MT will tell you, we are still learning every day.

Personally, I always get the bonus so far since my company was bought out by Nuance, but I still think they are unfair to the MT. I also made a lot more money before Nuance bought out WebMedx and cut our paychecks to the bone.

From what a few folks have posted in this thread, I would have to agree that the emphasis for this company is obviously to eliminate our jobs entirely.

It is not nice to suggest folks are not fit to be MTs. I think those who are not doing well already know it. So, why harp on that? That is why people think something is off when they see posts like yours. It is more like a dig at someone than a truly happy post.

I used to recommend WMX to people before we got all the pay cuts, but I never tacked on sentences telling unhappy people they were not a good fit.

I am not happy, but I am close to retirement or part-time, so just sticking it out as I enjoy my accounts, and my new supervisor is okay. This company has ruined my budget. Thankfully, I am not the only wage earner in our family as I do not know how single wage earners could get by on these wages. God bless us one and all.

Just my opinions.

LOL. thanks for the laugh - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
You must be joking, right?

QA - QA

[ In Reply To ..]
As a current QC at Nuance, I have to agree with some and disagree with some. I have been with Nuance for about 2 years and was with OSi before it was bought. I have been on a couple of different teams, and I agree whole heartedly that it matters what team and who your team lead is how happy you are. I also agree that there is no consistency across the board from team to team. I know that on my current team, we work together, we get along, and help each other. We do the best we can with the information we are given, but as account specifics change from hour to hour, we do make mistakes from time to time. I do not like to mark MTs off and most often will leave comments with no points marked off. However, please keep in mind, as a QC we have to maintain line rates per hour and quality scores too. We have to follow the instructions we are given as far as what to mark on each report. I have always been told that punctuation is not marked off for unless it affects the meaning of the sentence. I have worked for a company in the past who marked off for every single comma, colon, etc., and it is ridiculous.

Nuance is not the best company by far. no large company is. My experience has always been that the smaller companies are better to work for. I stay because I like the team I am on now, but if I get moved to one of the bad ones again - I'm outta here too.

Does Slumdog Millionaire ring a bell - for anyone

[ In Reply To ..]
no msg

My opinion on Nuance - Julie

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for Nuance for about a year now. I have to say, for personal reasons, I have not been the best employee. Luckily, they have been willing to work with me and tried to be as flexible as they can to accommodate me. I have had 2 TL's and they have both been awesome at helping and working with me when they can. I am not 100% happy with their pay or their incentive or their QA but from what I have experienced they are not any different than any of the other companies I have worked for or heard about from other MTs. I think we'd all like to get paid more per line, that's a given. I think QA can be nit-picky with the a, an, the stuff, but it is what is is. My supervisor is very good about checking things out and getting back to me if I have a dispute or questions. As for the incentive, I've never gotten it. But, that's not their fault, it's mine. Like I said, because of my own personal issues, I have not been the best employee ever. My pay is usually an average of about $10-$11 an hour and could probably be better if I would really be able to not get distracted and really apply myself. So, all in all, I'm glad I have a job. I guess I don't have much to gripe about.

Similar Messages:

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...

Web/Nuance Ad
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone know why the ad says "No inquiries from overseas" when they obviously offshore the work?  Anyone reading that would incorrectly assume they do not offshore.  I was reading an article in the newspaper that a journalist was talking about a few days ago regarding the hospital outsourcing to the Web/Nuance, and the spokesperson for the hospital said in the article that the company only employs US MTs.  ...

Nuance -?
Oct 08, 2011

xx ...

Nuance PTO ?
Oct 23, 2011

The ad Nuance has up says increased PTO.  Anyone willing to tell me what it is now. Also information on their bonus program would be helpful.  Thank you. ...

WMX/NUANCE Here It Is......
Nov 04, 2011

....First send us an email with fabulous Nuance ins (bad news) because they had to announce that due to open season. However at the same time telling us that the new pay structure (probably more bad news) will be announced at a later date but will be effective Jan 1 2012. Good way to keep us hanging on while they are so behind with their horrid platform. Guess what Nuance/Nuisance, it will not work as your reputation has gone from bad to worse and we are now realizing that the We ...

NUANCE/WMX
Nov 18, 2011

What do Nuance MT's get for editing and transcribing per line.   Thanks ...

WMX/Nuance Changes
Dec 06, 2011

If Webmedx does away with or changes their recently advertised "PRODUCTION BASED INCENTIVE" bonus and adopts the Nuance quality based bonus then this change may be considered by quite a few WMX employees as yet another cut in pay. I’m sure that there are quite a few MT’s currently at WMX that have a high QA average and are earning $300-$400 (some even more) in production incentive pay each pay period, which equates to $600-$800 per month. As an example, acco ...

QA Nuance
Dec 28, 2011

Did anyone hear anything about changes for QA.  I heard there was a webinar today? ...

Nuance W2s?
Jan 20, 2012

Has Nuance/Alphastaff released W2s yet?  Quit mid-December, have no idea.  Thanks! ...

For Nuance QA.. Sm
Mar 09, 2012

Is there a specific QA staff?  I was under the impression that the team managers did most of the QA.  Is that correct?  Or how is the QA done?  Someone said below that QA is paid hourly; I was under the impression it was cpl.  Any info on QA structure for Nuance would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Does Nuance Have IC's
Mar 09, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance hires IC's?  I could not find it anywhere.  It could be a solution for me if they do.  Thanx in advance. ...

Nuance Job
Mar 12, 2012

I have an interview this week with Nuance. Any advice on what to expect? I'm interviewing for an MT job and have been reading some posts on here about the company and it's not looking good. ...

Wmx/Nuance
Mar 12, 2012

Had our usual update this morning from my AM, one of the best IMO and the reason many of us stayed after Nuance took over. Then at 1:30 an e-mail that he is no longer with the company??? What is going on???  (DO) ...

Nuance Help!
Mar 13, 2012

Can anyone help me with instructions on how to create a new entry in the carbon copy? I am getting lots of dictations where I can't find that particular physician in the CC list and need to create a new one. I am new and need help. Thanks in advance! ...

Does Nuance Really Pay Everyone The Same Across The
Mar 17, 2012

Is this true? Because if so that means they dont take into consideration years of experience, opportunity for increase or nothing. Seems kind of hard to work for an obviously big and successful company that is only willing to pay their employees 0.41 cpl and thats it, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I mean they dont come off to be the type of company that "cant" afford to give increases in pay to their transcriptionist. I heard that if you work from 10pm to 6pm you can make 0.46 cpl, bet ...

Pay At Nuance
Apr 08, 2012

Anyone willing to share how much per line they make with VR or straight transcription? Or any information how the company is with raises? Thank you ...

Fed Up With Nuance
Apr 19, 2012

I received an incentive bonus this paycheck (for the first time ever). My QA score was 99.3%. So, I get an email today from my supervisor that my latest audit was only 98.2% and they are going to reaudit me in 2 weeks to see if my score is improving or if I need further disciplinary action. WTF? I've been with Nuance for 3 years and think it's time to jump ship. This company is messed up, and the QA is so inconsistent. ...

Nuance Down Too?
May 22, 2012

Nuance servers were down all day yesterday as well as Transcend servers?  Really?  We were told in an email it had nothing to do with Nuance.  That's quite a coincidence, don't ya think?  Oh gosh, I sure hope this doesn't indicate the way things are going to go in the future with Nuance.  Does this happen often there? ...

Nuance Pto??
May 22, 2012

In house just got outsourced to Nuance.  In our meeting, they said the PTO is 10 days total, which you have to use for holidays and sick time as well.  So, if you take all 6 holidays (if that is even possible), you get 4 days off a year?  Not even a week for vacation left over.  Someone asked if that changes with time of service and they said no, that will never go up.  ARE YOU KIDDING?  Is this what the rest of you get for PTO, or is this just something they have s ...

Nuance QCs
Aug 06, 2012

I AM SO LIVID!  These QCs are unbelievable!  I used "and" instead of "the" and the QC marks me off for English misspelling/typo which is a 0.5 error instead of an English word misuse which is less at 0.25. Do you think "and" and "the" are typos?  I think not!  You see, this is evidence that they are being totally unfair and proof that they do not want anyone to make incentive!  This is my opinion!  Anything to bring your score down!  Man this pisses me off!&n ...

Qtn About Nuance Pay
Aug 08, 2012

I don't work for Nuance but have a question.  Somewhere on MTStars, I saw the amount they deduct from your pay if your QA percentage is low.  Please explain.  How much do they pay per line and how much do they deduct if you have low QA percentage?  Thanks so much in advance.  I have looked and looked but can't find the previous post.  ...

QC/QA Pay At Nuance
Aug 16, 2012

There is someone who claims to be a QC for Nuance and that they are only paid minimum wage for this position.  That is utter nonsense.  Why would any experienced MLS take a minimum wage job in the MT industry when you could make more than that on production easily.  If you are experienced enough to be in QC or QA then please don't lie to the rest of us and tell us that you only make minimum wage.   ...

Job With Nuance
Aug 21, 2012

I am really in need of a job, and because I like eScription and ExText for the most part, I thought Nuance was the most likely candidate. However, I'm hearing terrible things about them. I know some have good experiences and some bad, but I'm not in a position where I want to struggle through several months of working and then quit because there's no money in it. I did have an interview, and my red flag was that the interviewer said that they had 80 to 100% ESL on some ac ...

QA/QCs At Nuance
Aug 21, 2012

Got to admit that I am still not a big fan of Nuance's QC/QA departments, but I have to admit I appreciate some of the nice comments they are leaving in feedback lately and are very appreciative.  I think there are still a few brutal ones out there though in saying this.  I these select few do this becauise it serves as some kind of gratification for them to make an MT miserable like they are so superior (like the MT is the dummy) when that is not the case at all.  I think s ...

Ode To Nuance
Oct 11, 2012

Ode to Nuance Here I sit day after day with NSAWatching all that I've worked so hard for slipping awaySo many bills I have to payBut I guess they will just have to wait for another day All my accounts they have been taken awayBecause other MTs out there are getting NSA Too much time wastedToo many opportunities missedWaiting on something that no longer existsYou ate up my employer and along with it my lifeTime to move on now and be done with this strife India is your new cash cowBut I ...

Thanks A Lot, Nuance...
Nov 02, 2012

After quitting my job to work for Nuance and spending hours training (supposed to be PAID training), I decided that Nuance just was NOT the kind of company I wanted to work for since I was blindly recruited (borderline lied to)...  So, I begged for my old job back (and got it), but knew I was going to get a short paycheck because of the time I spent training with Nuance... Well, I just checked my bank account, and I was not reimbursed one penny for the time...  Looks like I'll hav ...