A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Re: No response to job applications, resumes sent: - Zircon

Posted: Feb 24, 2010

I've sent out a few resumes over the past year in hopes of landing a different MT job than the one I have now.  Only ONE place (a hospital I would dearly love to work for!) even acknowledged my application.  The others?  NOTHING.  Even though they continued to run ads for the same job I had applied for.  I never even got to test for any of them.

So.... fast forward a few months (or years).  Suppose one of these no-response companies kept my resume and out of the blue, called me and offered me a job?  Would I accept it?  NO WAY.   Even if I were out of work and currently looking, I would NEVER re-apply or test for a company that blew me off originally.  If they don't show even that tiny bit of respect for potential employees, even if they don't need their services at that time, then what kind of respect or fairness would they show to someone who actually DID work for them?  Very little.

The fact that those places where I had applied and been blown off are STILL running their desparate-for-help-sounding ads, a year or more later, sure tells me a lot about how happy their current employees must be.  Turnover there must be almost daily.

Years ago I had a side business of my own, and one of my clients flaked out on me and didn't pay me after the work was  done.   I tried repeatedly to collect, but no luck.  It wasn't much money, and I was too busy with other clients that DID pay me, to bother with small claims court.  So...... about a year later, kharma came back around to bite him in the arse one day, when a dire emergency arose and he needed my services immediately.  He said he was sorry about the prior incident, and would pay me double my fee if I could help him out.  What I told him was not fit to print, but use your imagination.  Man, was that ever a cathartic, get-even moment.   Money mouth

It's a shame but obvious in some of the job ads - that they get applicants

[ In Reply To ..]
Who do not have the equipment, experience, want more pay than advertised, etc. but apply anyway which is a waste of the MTSO's time. These companies get thousands of resumes and probably even offshore ones at that. You can usually tell by the ad what responses they've gotten since they post things like "don't waste your time asking can you do this remote?" That is just one example.

It probably has nothing to do at all with your skills, it just so happens they hire, and then the rest of the e-mails get trashed until they need help again.

I'm sure another MT came along and did the work you were not willing to do for your non-paying client; it happens every day; trust me.

It's so sad but it's so true!

Just so you know: I applied for mostly inhouse jobs, - using their equipment, not mine. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The MTSO I applied with, I not only had the right equipment and 35 years of experience, but 25 years in the specialty they wanted the MT for.

The ONLY thing I didn't have that the ad asked for was "3 to 5 years' experience". Money was never mentioned in the ad, nor in my resume. I think my honesty about how many years I've been doing this kinda spooked 'em.

Lesson learned. Next time I'll delete most of my past employers, and just tell them I've been doing this 5 years.

many ask only about the employment hx of the past 10 years - .

[ In Reply To ..]
why would you immediately give your age away? Taking about age discrimination, does it really not exist?
If they ask for it, they can have the 10-year info. - As for my age, not until I get an offer.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

No response - itype2

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you followup with any of the places you applied to, I would think if you wanted the job bad enough you would have done that. Personally, if I were offered a job out of the blue from somewhere I had applied previously that I thought had forgotten me, I'd probably jump at it. The place where I work receives as many as 400-500 resumes for one open (non-MT) position. I think it's expecting a lot to ask them to respond to everyone who applies. It's a very competitive job market, I don't think we have the luxury of blowing off legitimate job offers.

Ive made that mistake in the past, but not anymore. - From now on, I will follow up with a call. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Response To Resumes
Feb 04, 2011

Yeah for sure.  what goes does it do to send resumes to these jobs posted here, when you get NO response...  I realize they have more resumes than they can probably go through, but when they look at the top of your resume (where it should be) and see you have had over 25 years experience - you think they'd contact you first, yeah whatever.  Not sure, but know MT jobs are scarce!! ...

FILLING OUT JOB APPLICATIONS
Oct 05, 2010

When you are applying on line for a position for employment, what do you put for business references.   This job wants three business references.  I do not want my current job to know I am looking.  Working at home I do not have many business references.  ...

Online Applications
May 14, 2011

I just had to vent!  I am SICK AND TIRED of companies (mostly hospitals) with these l-o-n-g applications asking you to document your whole life history.  These are several pages long, and many times you are restricted to ANSWERS IN BOXES (drop-down menus) so can't enter free text.  Finally, there is NO WAY TO SAVE IT!  So you can get half or most of the way through and have to stop/pause and/or get stuck because of the dang drop-down stuff, when you can resume you h ...

Unemployment Applications
Dec 27, 2012

thinks it is odd to be glad there is one person employed whose duties are to work hard to deny as many unemployment applications for softscript as they can?  applications that were made for unemployment due to NJA/OOW http://forum.mtstars.com/448985.html at softscript it is not just about PROCESSING the applications but working to make sure they are denied. just wondering if the OP is still glad that person has a job. one person has a job at the expense of many, many who do not. i do ...

Question About Filling Out Applications
Feb 01, 2010

I am starting to apply for other jobs (not MT after 35 years).  When filling out my current employer I always put NJ as the address of the company, but should I put my current supervisor's name in as a contact or should they contact the main office?  I really don't want my supe to know I'm looking for another job yet.  TIA. ...

I'm Starting To Fill Out Job Applications
Nov 02, 2014

Good-by Nuance within the month.  Not even sure I want to hang around for the "exciting" changes.  ...

Complaint - Companies With Online Applications.
Dec 17, 2010

I just cannot bring myself to spend hours filling out an online application when they already have my resume which has ALL of that pertinent information on it! I also cannot see spending considerable time filling out an online application, then waiting to see IF they respond to me, then IF they do respond with an offer to test, going through the testing to get an offer I can't accept. The online apps, though, are the #1 issue for me.  It is insane.  Through complaining.  T ...

Working As An IC...putting Company Names On Applications?
Nov 12, 2012

I am applying to a company that would like me to give names and phone numbers of current and previous employers for verification.  I have really only had one "employer" in the last six years.  All the rest are companies I do IC work for, including the one I am working for now.  Do I put the company names and phone numbers down?  It feels somehow wrong, like I am breaking confidentiality or putting their names and numbers down in some sort of behind-their-back way.  Any t ...

IC And Resumes
May 05, 2012

I am sure this has been brought up before but I found nothing recently in archives. If you are considered an IC (a true IC) and you are asked to submit a resume when trying to get a position - do you list the companies you transcribed for on your resume or do you set it up as if you were self employed? I guess what I am asking is since being an IC means you technically did not work for that company (you worked for yourself) do you still list the companies you were transcribing for? ...

Resumes
Oct 08, 2014

Just curious.  With over 9000 resumes posted, has anyone gotten a response because their resume is in the bank?  It seems unlikely that once you're name is off the main page, someone looking to fill a position will not look much further than that.    ...

To Those Who Have Sent Out Resumes
Dec 13, 2014

Looking for a consensus of opinion here... When sending off your resume, do you include your home address, or will just your name, phone number and email suffice? I have the same question regarding the cover letter. Do you include your home address, or will just your name, phone number and email suffice? I feel kind of nervous about sending ALL that information, but I really don't know the standard anymore. It's been a looooong time since I've had a resume. TYIA. ...

Jobs/resumes
Sep 16, 2010

Just wondering how many MTs have posted on the job seeker's board and heard back from any of the companies you have applied for?  I have 25+ years experience so I'm hoping that is not the problem.  I have sent numerous resumes, but have yet to hear back from any of them.  ...

I Have Sent Out About 5 Resumes In The Last 2 Weeks - Sm
Oct 10, 2010

I have heard not one word.  No calls, no e-mails, nothing.  I am a CMT with over 25 years of experience, experience in every specialty, huge hospitals, etc.  Am I too experienced and do they think I would want too much money?  Why wouldn't they at least ask?  I used to get a phone call immediately upon sending a resume.  Nowadays, nothing.  I'm amazed that these companies are not looking for good help.  ...

To BusyMT Below - Re Resumes - Sm
Feb 01, 2011

I heartily disagree with what you wrote.  I used to receive responses to my resume immediately if not sooner upon applying.  No more.  I often applied, like you, just to see what responses I'd get.  Never, before or now, would anyone negotiate.  It was what it was and if you dared to ask if they had a higher rate, they acted offended.  My resume is impeccable, straightforward, easy to read, 1 page, pertinent information right there for all to see.  I have ...

How Many Resumes Have You Sent This Week?
May 19, 2011

I have sent out 9 resumes this week and have not heard back from one of them yet.  I sent 5 last week and have not heard from them either.  I need to be working.  I cannot sit in front of my email waiting day in and day out for someone to send me a test, tell me they filled the position, or that they want to hire me.  Why can't the MT companies just send us an email telling us one way or the other that they want us or don't want us.  Its really frustrating.&nbs ...

Posting Resumes
Nov 11, 2011

Has anyone ever received any response to your resume posted online.  Not sure if I should do this or no so just wondering.  Thanks ...

Resumes - Experience
Feb 11, 2012

Just wondering if anyone exaggerates their experience on their resume or put specialties that maybe you don't know as well as you say you do. It's a cut-throat market out there and with the difficulty getting a job, just curious if you are tempted to fudge the truth on resumes? ...

Resumes, Job Requirements, Etc
Feb 21, 2012

From a Forbes magazine article:   The only three true job interview questions are: 1.  Can you do the job? 2.  Will you love the job? 3.  Can we tolerate working with you? That’s it.  Those three.  Think back, every question you’ve ever posed to others or had asked of you in a job interview is a subset of a deeper in-depth follow-up to one of these 3 key questions.  Each question potentially may be asked using different words, but every ...

Submitting Resumes
Jun 17, 2015

Is there more to finding a job these days than just submitting a resume amongst hundreds and HOPING for a reply?  I feel like it is getting harder and harder to get a job.  Getting discouraged!  Anyone else feel the same?  Ideas?   ...

Resumes From An MTSO Perspective?
Sep 02, 2011

I know MTSOs are inundated with resumes, so what catches your eye and what turns you off?  Do you really want to know all the places I have worked?  Or would you rather have a brief resume stating only my years of experience, field of experience, etc.?  What I am best at, etc.  Would appreciate a recruiter's input.  ...

Two Questions Re Precyse And Resumes / Sm
Jun 04, 2012

Any current info or opinions about Precyse from anyone who works for them now or has recently - how is pay,QA, platform, flexibility, work available, etc?  I've read the archives but looking for recent info.  What attracted me to them is that they provide equipment which would be a plus for me, but are there negatives that would outweigh this? Also, has anyone ever had any luck sending out resumes cold - not in response to job posting, just sending to a company?  There ...

Experiences Posting Resumes Here?
Feb 04, 2013

I'm job hunting.  I have 13 years of experience with acute care.  Has anyone had good results posting their resume here?  I don't really want to waste my time with companies that pay .05 cpl and hire anybody with fingers. ...

Are 2 Page Resumes Acceptable?
Dec 16, 2014

x ...

I Have Sent My Resumes To 10 Different Companies And Hear Back Nothing, Nada . . . . .
Apr 13, 2010

I have been doing MT for almost 15 years, and the one company I have been with for the past 9 years is suddenly getting less and less work.  I have been sending out resumes, taking the tests, etc., and I don't hear ONE THING BACK from any of them  . . . . so frustrating.  We are in the process of buying a new house and then this happens - I may have to take a job outside of home, but I wan't to be here for my kids:( ...

2 More Ads At Other Job Site With Resumes Going To Yahoo Email Addys.
May 24, 2014

ridiculous pay rate of $1.30 per line. Just beware that is you respond to these ads, there is a good chance they are a scam. Check MTStars archives for postings on these scam ads. ...

Can't Seem To Get A Response
Apr 01, 2010

I'm just curious if others are in the same boat as I am.  I have almost 10 years experience as an MT, both acute care and clinic, and I have been sending my resume to many of the job postings on this board.  I think I have received two replies out of probably 20 resumes sent.  Is this pretty much the way it is for others, or do I need to tweak my resume?  Thanks! ...

This Is A Response I Sent To An For A RAD IC
May 18, 2010

"You might want to consider re-wording your job posting and re-think your position as you can find yourself in serious trouble with the IRS regarding requiring an independent contractor to work a set schedule.  You are wanting an employee, not an independent contractor, if that contractor has to work a set schedule and 'has to work over.'  The IRS will come down pretty hard on you...especially if someone sends them a copy of your job posting.  So you understand ...

Has Anyone Been Able To Get A Response From DIT?
Nov 09, 2010

Has anyone been able to get a response from DIT?  Please let me know because I certainly have not.  This place is the worst.  What is really terrible is that continue to keep hiring new MTs and promise them that everything is now okay.  They are just a bunch of people not telling the truth. ...

Response To Ads
Sep 21, 2011

Can anyone tell me if they ever get a response when applying for positions?  I never seem to hear back from any of them.   ...

Response To
Mar 19, 2015

Just thought you all would like to read this response to a resume I recently sent out.... and what would your feelings be concerning what you read? Hello, Thank you for your interest in providing Transcription services for our company. I have received your resume. I have put some information in the body of the email as well as attached our templates and sample reports so you can see what the reports look like. I would like to mention to you a few things so you can make an info ...