A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How long between testing and answer? - peakgirl

Posted: Apr 10, 2012

Hey All - I did the online tests yesterday, skills and practicum of four reports. How long does it generally take to hear back from a recruiter on how you did, or get that dreaded failure email? I have 19 years of experience, including 3 years of working on a Nuance platform (EEE) and yet I'm still nervous. Just curious if anyone has recent experience with the timeline. Thanks in advance!

Hey peakgirl - NuanceMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it was only a day or two before I received notification I had passed and to schedule a time with the recruiter. I'm sure you'll hear something by the end of the week (or sooner!). Right now I'm just waiting to hear from IT regarding installing the platform, and then I guess the step after that will be actually training.

Were you hired for the hem/onc account?

Good luck and let us know what happens :-).

No answer yet. - peakgirl

[ In Reply To ..]
The recruiter who contacted me initially to test is out of office today, so maybe tomorrow...keeping fingers crossed.

Quickly for me - Avis Bunnage

[ In Reply To ..]
When I applied at MedQuist (now M*Modal) in December 2011, they left a phone message two days later that I had passed the exams and they were interested in hiring me. So I would say you should hear something within a week.

hiring - LLM

[ In Reply To ..]
I passed and heard quickly and talked to the recruiter yesterday and was already assigned my account and shift. She is calling back today to do installation so then I can do the training.

How quickly? - peakgirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I know I am so the impatient one...I just submitted my test the night before last, so it hasn't been 48 hours yet, and my recruiter is out office today.

Peakgirl - See message - NuanceMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure you'll be hearing back very soon. Do you feel pretty confident in how well you did on the testing? I know I had to leave a couple of blanks on one of them due to audio difficulties and still passed okay. Do you know for which account you were hired? I was hired for their big hem/onc account and I'm really looking forward to getting started on it (I'm just waiting for installation and then training, which I understand happens pretty quickly).

If you're pretty confident your testing went well, I'm sure you'll be hearing back soon, maybe even tomorrow since your recruiter is out today. Also, if you have a name and contact email, you could drop her a short line just telling him/her that you're looking forward to hearing your test results and thanking him/her for the opportunity to test...you know, something short and sweet but which might spur them to look at your test really quick and let you know for sure if you passed and set up the appointment to talk to you.

Keep us posted and good luck :-)
Thanks! SM - peakgirl
[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, I feel fairly confident that I did fine. I left one blank in total in the reports I did. I guess I'm just nervous because I haven't tested in a million years (OK, maybe that is a bit of a stretch). I'll definitely let you know what happens. I have no idea what account I would be working on. She said they have available positions on the EEE platform (which I have three years of experience on), but she said they had a lot more on the escription platform, which she said I would like better than the EEE anyway. Time will tell. So not a patient person. Can you tell? Thanks again!
Peakgirl - NuanceMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure you passed then and will be hearing shortly :-)

Is EEE a voice recognition platform? Also, have you ever used eScription? I haven't worked on Nuance's accounts yet but, in my experience, eScription is the best one out there. I'm hoping since it's Nuance's own program, they really take care of back-end cleanup and the reports don't have the massive amount of cleanup some other MTSOs do.

Again, keep us posted...I'll expect to see a post from you any time now saying you heard back and are on board (starting a new job is always exciting, isn't it? Either that or I need more a life, LOL!).
Heard back! - peakgirl
[ In Reply To ..]
Hey - You were right! I heard back, actually late last night. I got an email back from the recruiter wanting to set up a time to interview, which I wrote back Friday works for me. EEE is Enterprise Express Editor. It is a speech/non-speech platform, also supported by Nuance. It's the only experience I have with a VR program. I worked on it for three years, and I really liked it; however, I have been told that escription is even better. I'll keep you posted how things go on Friday. YAY!
Yay, Peakgirl! - NuanceMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you!!! I had a feeling you'd be hearing very soon.

I won't wish you luck for Friday because I don't think you'll need it :-)

I had a very good convo with my recruiter. She was very friendly and personable, and I actually think we ended up discussing more personal interests than work stuff, lol!

In case you're wondering, the phone interview just kind of rehashes your experience in the various transcription areas, shift availability, the platform you'll be working on, the type of account, etc. Really low key and basically just to get you into a slot. After that, then they'll email you all of your startup paperwork for electronic signature. Their I9 process is kind of odd, so feel free to email me if you have any questions about that.

I got all of my official training links today in my email and my installation is tomorrow morning.

Congrats...sounds like you're definitely on board!
THANKS! SM - Peakgirl
[ In Reply To ..]
Probably starting around the 23rd, depending on how long it takes to get paperwork taken care of. My recruiter was awesome!!
Congrats!!! Peakgirl - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Yay for you!
Peakgirl - llm
[ In Reply To ..]
Congratulations Peakgirl. I also just got hired and spoke with my recruiter yesterday and am just waiting on my email from HR and to get my installation set up. Not sure which account I finally got assigned to just that I preferred a 9 to 5 account. She said they had 2 hospital accounts that were both considered critical for them to get coverage for. Am excited to start something new. I also hadn't tested in years and was nervous. Had to leave 2 blanks also. Can't wait to see how long it takes me to get used to something new

Similar Messages:

How Long Does It Take To Get An Answer Sm
Nov 03, 2010

from Qcare.  I haven't been able to log into MQ central or get my e-mail for over 2 days already.  I thought they were supposed to answer in 24 hours?! ...

Focus Testing- Did Anyone Else Think It Too Way Too Long
Feb 16, 2010

I found the testing extremely long and difficult.  It was not difficult because of the terminology etc.  It was one that you could not use a foot pedal and all you could do was use the keyboard to rewind, pause, and play.  There were four reports and one was almost 10 minutes long, which is way longer when you have no foot pedal to use. I felt extremely stressed and it took me hours.  I am sure I did not pass.  After the third one that was long, I just gave up.  I t ...

To Nn ... How Long After Testing Did Aero Get Back To You? Nm
Feb 08, 2011

thanks ...

How Long Does It Take For Entrada To Reply After Testing?
Oct 09, 2012

How long does it take for Entrada to reply after testing?  I really hate wasting my time only to have no response.   ...

How Long Does Precyse Take To Get Back To You After The Testing?
Aug 31, 2013

How long does Precyse take to get back to you after the testing?  Or do they not even get back to you?  What's the scoop on these people? ...

Can Any Long Time "Keystrokers" Answer A Question
Sep 06, 2012

Considering going back, but wasn't there long enough to find out the first time.  The pay they are offering is pretty low.  Just wondering if that will be the best I can expect from them.  Thanks!  ...

How Long After Testing Can I Expect Objective/practicum Results?
Nov 18, 2009

Has anyone tested recently and heard back? Thanks! ...

Saince Testing? Transcription Or Vocabulary/terminology Type Testing?
Jun 16, 2014

Anyone willing to tell if it is multiple dictations, how many, etc.  Were you able to get foot pedal to work with it? any info helpful.  ...

Can't Get An Answer From My CCM....
Sep 01, 2010

I've asked numerous times; all get ignored.  I have asked what happens if I can't get my hours in (I'm FT) in any given week (s).....Will I lose my health insurance?  She picks and chooses which emails to answer.  Any FT'ers who regularly find it next to impossible to get their hours in -- did you lose your benefits?  ...

Can Someone Here Answer A
Oct 17, 2013

to someone who has in depth knowledge of the new HIPAA rules and regulations, please respond first and then I will ask my question. thank you. ...

Do You Have An Answer?
Dec 08, 2013

After 50 years as an MT I am now only doing SR from hom ...

OOW, No Answer From TSM
Aug 20, 2014

Ever wonder what is going on with the work?  Lots of it one day, none the next?  You get no answers from anyone on your account?  What are you supposed to do?  I've about had it. ...

New And QA Will Not Answer Any Question For Me.
Sep 10, 2010

I've been working for almost two weeks now for a company and have sent QA several messages concerning questions about appropriate ways they want the reports done as well as dangerous abbreviations (I did not use them at my last job.) I cannot get an answer and it just bugs me badly. ...

If You Are New Or Old For Oracle OTI, Please Answer.
Oct 16, 2010

No one answers my emails when I ask why my accounts have no work. It's been going on for a very long time, but so much worse now.  I thought a new account was going ot start, but I haven't heard a word about it.  Is something going on that I don't know about?  I realize they were going to be switching to more SR and MTs weren't all that happy about it (my own pay will be 1.5 CPL lower and only 4CPL for SR work), but what happened?I absolutely hate coming to a r ...

MQ QA I Need An Answer About Numbering. Sm
Mar 28, 2011

Now Plllleeeeasssse moderator, don't move this to some other forum.  I really do need for a MedQuist QA person to answer this question.... My original blurb was placed on here, and it was moved to the Word Board.  I got answers from others who do NOT use ASR platform of MQs.   I realize BOS2 says the number, and that is what I have been doing for about a year now. Here is the headache that we MQ employees endure. ASR seems to do whatever it wants and does NOT follow rul ...

Ok, Q-berts... Answer Me This
Aug 24, 2011

How come when I had to F11 a job today (first time in 6 months), I was still paid for ASR rate, even though I typed it?   Is this because of all of the people "claiming to do an F11 day," thereby screwing the rest of us???     ...

Someone Please Answer This Fast (sm)
Aug 30, 2011

as it will be moved to the tech board where it belongs, but it doesn't have email options.  I really would like someone to let me email them with a screenshot of the Chartnet I am working on.  I have permission from my TL.  We are switching over to Chartnet and I just hate it.  I have read where everyone loves it but something is different with what I am working on.  Early on, someone suggested it was set up in M-Modal version which is not as user friendly, but all ...

I'll Get A Faster Answer From Here Than If I Ask My CCM...
Jul 31, 2012

While training on Docqscribe 7.1, do we get paid hourly or straight transcription rate with a little extra for training? ...

CCM Won't Answer The Phone, RTL Won't Answer The Phone.
Oct 07, 2012

Who's minding the store? Because there certainly doesn't seem to be anyone there - despite the fact that the RTL is supposed to be on duty for another hour and a half. Trouble with my que on the weekend has been going on every since the last maintenance. Wonder if the two are connected or coincidence. ...

The Answer Is NO. You Will Still Continue To
Oct 15, 2012

nm ...

Since TSM And QA Don't Answer My Questions
Jan 21, 2014

With templates that are spaced wrong and punctuated wrong? I've been gigged for 1 space in the past. Whoever entered this template doesn't know how to use hyphens either. ...

Can Someone Answer PTO Questions?
Apr 23, 2014

I was acquired 1 yr ago.  I had 4 years service with previous company, and was told we brought that with us, so I assume now I have 5 years service, right?  At the time, there was a schedule of PTO hours earned per years of service, I think it was about 3 weeks if you had 5 years.  I do not see that anymore.  Does that mean everyone only earns 4.62 hours of PTO per pay period no matter how long they have been employed? Also, regarding the "time off without pay."  If I h ...

So I Didn't Get A An Answer
May 06, 2014

Still in training and asked if there was a way to look up old reports on Bayscribe.  Does anyone know?  Thanks for any help! ...

Need An Answer As To The Difference Between
Sep 19, 2014

using numberical 2 and Roman II, was told was between types and conditions of disease. Am confused, can you help? ...

Quick Answer Please
May 31, 2015

If a doctor is dictating the wrong word consistently throughout the report and stating the word very clearly, do you change it or leave it? ...

The Answer Is Costco.
Jun 24, 2015

I just read online that Costco employees make $20 per hour.  Could I be any more depressed? ...

To Answer A Question On The IC Thread Below, Someone
Mar 15, 2010

asked, "I am trying to get a grasp on the IC vs employee thing but I don't understand why a company would want to hire an IC then?" No one has answered this as of yet.   Why would a company hire an IC then?  Because they don't have to take out taxes, (including their share of Social Security), and they do not have to provide benefits.   All they have to do is cut the IC a check, and then the IC is responsible for all the taxes, including all of the Social Sec ...

Cannot Get Support To Answer Phone. Sm
Nov 01, 2010

WELL I have tried for 30 mins to get Support to answer.  am on hold as I write this.  I need a real person to help me do something on my other computer.   geezzzz...  I am in SOUTH region and I don't go on until 6pm.  Are we down again? ...

Ive Asked My QA Lead And My CCM With No Answer
Feb 19, 2012

Can anyone tell me where I send the constant errors on the same exact thing from ASR to so that they can fix it??? Please ...

I Thought PT Keystrokes MTs Got PTO? Can't Get An Answer From HR.
Jun 08, 2013

Asked almost a week ago. Thanks. ...