A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did any QCs attend the "metrics meeting" today? - Just wondering what your thoughts were...

Posted: Jul 23, 2013

I don't know if I am going to like this program.....am I alone?

What are metrics meetings? - ??

[ In Reply To ..]
How do they affect MTs?

They do not affect the MTs, at least not - sm - QA2

[ In Reply To ..]
as far as I know. The metrics OP is referring to was what they call a metrics meeting to know what our QA score in QA is and our LPH, etc. We are supposed to be starting to get bonuses to based on our reports in Fiesa and it is a meeting to know all the details about that.

Actually the bonus certainly will affect the MT - already seeing a huge uptick

[ In Reply To ..]
in bogus "error" scores. I got a 0.25 deduction for using a comma instead of a semi-colon, which in this case was totally subjective and the comma was actually the better choice.

This "bonus" for blanks is BS. I thought it was just QC getting a blank bonus. Are you saying QA will be getting it too? If that is true, we are all in serious trouble, as QA seemed to be much more consistent and fair than QC. If QA is getting bonus for blanks that will certainly change everything for the MT.

This sounds ominous for the MT, just what we need - more QC garbage. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Not QC, but would like to know more... - NuAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
It sure would be nice to know what we are in for from the MT side.

Agreed. Please spill QC people. NM - Annie

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Not going to answer this - BUT

[ In Reply To ..]
I will say this....all you MTs who don't look at Fiesa should REALLY start looking and asking for reversals if they see something wrong!!
Just a friendly "warning."
I look. I ask for reversals. I am ignored. - So I assume it is about to get worse?
[ In Reply To ..]
Your post sounds horribly, horribly ominous.

QC has already hit hyper-drive the last month or so, I don't even want to think about it getting worse than this.
If they ramp this up, TSMs are going to be BURIED - in reversal requests. Yeah, this is gonna work
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think this new method should be kept a secret from the MTs. We should be allowed to know what kind of Heck Storm is about to come raining down on us.

Nuance is just too sneaky about everything they do.
Not going to answer, sounds like a threat - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds like a threat to me, friendly warning. You know what you can do with FIESA? Yeah, I thought so
Sorry you feel that - Way
[ In Reply To ..]
It wasn't intended as a threat. Just a heads up.
Appreciate the heads up, really, but a heads up - for what? Just a hint even.
[ In Reply To ..]
I already cringe every time my e-mail bell goes off, just knowing it is probably a FIESA alert and lately that little bell has been dinging on an hourly basis.
You know what *I* would do? - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
I'd shut that little ring-a-ding bell thing OFF!! ROTF!!
Now there's an idea. Sounds like ignoring FIESA - may no longer be an option though.
[ In Reply To ..]
It would be lovely if we were provided a wee bit of information.

Why implement some new "metric" without informing the little worker bees about it?

I think Nuance gets their kicks setting us up to fail.
Sure they do. It's in their nature. - no message
[ In Reply To ..]
no message
Thanks for the warning - NuAnon
[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds like they are going to start to clean house, from the lowest scores up.... wonderful.
What "warning?" Her message was too cryptic - to glean any useful info. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
This new QA thing seems to be a way for them - to transfer the bonuses
[ In Reply To ..]
From MTs to QAs. So yay. Great. They now get bonuses for nailing us even more, and it is up to us to "challenge" everything because it probably pays off for QA to overreach, especially if they think the MT is not going to bother challenging FIESA. In the last few days I have had probably 200% more errors than usual. I have spent way too much time poring through them, getting angry, and challenging, some successfully. I can only say I am glad I am not a QA. At least we are not given bonuses as MTs to "gotcha" our counterparts. Must be kind of a dirty feeling. No doubt this is a disgusting idea some suit had who doesn't know anything about MT or QA. Demoralizing.

Similar Messages:

If They Got Rid Of All The MTs Who Were Not Meeting The Ridiculous Quality Metrics, Wonder How Many
Apr 15, 2015

they'd have left? ...

If You Keep Not Meeting Their "metrics"
Jan 26, 2015

minimum wage what happens?  Do they lay you off or do they actually fire you?  The reason this is important is that not sure if I can get unemployment if they fire me.  If they just lay off, I'm not as worried, in fact, I wish they would.  Cannot win in any way with this place.  : ( ...

MT Meeting Today
Mar 19, 2012

The email said 12pm Eastern time, does that mean 11am central time? Sorry if seems like a stupid question, but just wanna be sure. I get confused with time zones. ...

Meeting Today
Dec 11, 2012

Please please post meeting info when it is complete today on this site.  This is the only way I am able to keep up during the day.  Thank you!!  I do not plan on any good news that way I am not disappointed.  ...

The Big, Important Meeting Today
Apr 17, 2013

I'm surprised no one has protested the fact that absolutely nothing was said about the NJA situation today, or what that means to our future working for MM. Why are our jobs no longer available? Will more be forthcoming? Will we be stuck with either no work or work from many different hospitals we're not familiar with? What is the immediate future of the American MT/ME? This whole situation depresses me terribly. Seeing our profession go under is like experiencing the death of a ...

Did Not Attend An AHDI School
Sep 11, 2010

I attended an online medical transcription certificate program that was not approved by the AHDI, because I simply could not afford the approved schools.  Are there any MTs out there that did the same and are gainfully employed especially at entry level? ...

Point Blank, What School Should I Attend
Aug 15, 2013

I am tired of the MT field because I can no longer make any money.  I have over ten years of experience being an MT and graduated from Andrew's, but I do not want to go back to school at Andrew's for coding/medical billing.  I have done medical billing in the distant past and I want to get back into it and start a new career outside of MT.  I want to get my skills current and use my past experience also.  I have not done medical billing in over 15 years.  So, m ...

Career Step - Is A Good School To Attend For MT Training
Jan 15, 2011

I would like to know if anyone thinks Career Step is a good school to attend for MT training. Andrews and MTEC are quite a bit more expensive and I don't think I can afford them. I can't really afford Career Step. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. ...

I Will Be 56 Tomorrow And I Would Like To Attend The Andrew's School For Medical Coding
Aug 27, 2012

Dear Friends: My name is Suzie and tomorrow I will be 56.  I would like your opinions as to whether you think I am too old to start studying for a new career in medical coding.  I 100% sure that I want to attend the Andrew's School for Medical Coding.  I have been a medical transcriptionist for 11 years having attended M-TEC and I love this profession, but I see that the career is shrinking and there are less opportunities.  I think my background as a transcriptionist wo ...

New Metrics
Sep 30, 2014

To take the place of the QA metrics and make it easier for MLS to make bonus but obviously Nuance wants to test it first. It was first conceived because of so much disparity in the QA auditors themselves, where some are very reasonable and some knock off for every little thing.  ...

More Metrics. My God. I Wonder How Many
Apr 08, 2015

upper level people spend the majority of their time on metrics, raking in the big bucks, while they slash those of us actually earning the company money.  What's the point of all the statistics, metrics, charts, tables....... Get rid of unnecessary people & use that money to pay MTs better, thereby attracting the best of the best MTs & being able to retain happy employees, and your stats will automatically improve without hiring teams of people to analyze why what you're d ...

Metrics Tubes?
Nov 05, 2009

Can't find reference to "s/l metrics tubes" used in microdiskectomy and bilateral decompression.  ...

Quality Metrics
Jul 03, 2014

Received from our TSM this morning...   "I have been advised that the minimum quality score for a passing audit will remain at 99.6% through this third quarter of 2014, which is through September 30th. "   Guess they figured they would lose too many people for not meeting the 99.7%...   Anyone else hear this?   ...

Quality Metrics Going Up
Apr 08, 2015

Well I see the quality metrics have gone up for the year 2015 at MM.  Does this mean that the dictation quality has gone up a grade or 2 also?  And oh yeah, the pay is going up, too?  Just asking....,  ...

Webmedx MTs. Look At The Performance Metrics...
Nov 06, 2010

...on the community page.  Nearly every employee I see is meeting or exceeding their minimum required line count.  The numbers speak for themselves.  They make these numbers available for anyone in the company to see.  The posts on MTStars make it sound like there is absolutely no work for anyone.  It is simply untrue.  I am an Webmedx MT.  I am not a suit.  I am happy with my job.   I too am tired of the constant bashing and conspiracy t ...

SICK Of Quality Metrics
Jun 23, 2014

Oh, no! We don't DARE go under 99.6%.  Watch those "the's" and "an's."  They are CRITICAL to the report.  ...

Doctors Subjected To Metrics, Like MTs
Oct 01, 2014

Here is another excellent article from KevinPHO MD about the corporate control of doctors.  It is satire mixed with truth. Well worth the read.  ...

Quality Metrics Since The PODs
Feb 11, 2015

Is it just my accounts, or has anybody else noticed that their BOB/POD quality metrics have taken a nosedive since they started these PODs?  Previously, my BOB would be in the green constantly and we would get praise for it.  Now, all I ever see is red..too many criticals, too many major and minor errors.  Seems like this whole POD idea is working marvelously.  I hope they fail to meet contract and clients start dropping like flies.  Of course, that would be our fault. & ...

Performance Metrics Coming For Doctors
Nov 16, 2012

Interesting reading at family practice office this week, publication for Family Physician Practice, saying how software developers are working feverishly on new products for physician offices where they will choose their diagnoses and what-have-you from drop-down menu (yes, that will completely eliminate transcription). Problems arising already with "trials", where docs weren't making "right" choices with their documentation. (They were not taking enough time with modifiers, etc.) It ...

Checked Team Metrics For Personnel Changes
Feb 05, 2015

Checked listing from end of November and then the last one last week and found there were 1 less numbers listed. I thought more might have quit.  I guess the ones who did weren't under my TSM.  We have it pretty good compared to some. I mostly did this to see if new people were added to our team and causing low work but that doesn't seem to be it. Low work today... OOW and had too much time on my hands I guess. ...

SHAME, SHAME..the Month To Date Quality Metrics Tanked And More Threats. Think We
Apr 07, 2015

might just be a little tired after all of this crazy MOT!?!? ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Wow! Since The Meeting With Amy?
Oct 18, 2012

For 2 days now.  Yep...  out of turn around time for over 2 days.  There is overtime for these accounts,  but it seems NO ONE IS WORKING.  These accounts have never been out of turn around time.  ...

So Regarding This Meeting
Dec 11, 2012

All the build up and fussing for basically no reason? ...

Team Meeting
Feb 25, 2010

Just got email about a "team meeting" next week.  I wonder what it's about?  I don't remembering ever having one of these before in my area.  Maybe we're all going to be told we have to work nights now or our jobs are going 100% outsourced, or maybe we're going to get some actual steady work with the Spheris buy.  ...

Am I The Only One Who Hasn't Had A Meeting Yet About All The New Changes? Nm
Mar 05, 2010

nm ...

Acusis Meeting
Nov 02, 2010

Well now, don't all we US MTs at Acusis feel better after our quarterly meeting? After being informed of all the new accounts signed on, we are told that, of course, they are going to India. But this quote they left us with should soothe us. "In times of great change the learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves uniquely equipped to operate in a world that no longer exists." KMA! ...

DTS/Transcend Meeting Pay
Jun 28, 2011

Has anyone actually received pay for manditory meetings we attended discussing the transition from DTS to Transcend?  Our acct mgr even sent out an email saying that payment on the LAST meeting would be delayed until this pay period, but I find nothing on my check stub to suggest we've been paid for any of them yet.  If you have, where is the information located on your check stub?  All I have is straight pay and holiday pay. TIA ...

Don't Forget This Meeting!
Mar 13, 2012

March 19th at 12:00 pm Eastern, we will hold our first MT "All Hands" Webcast. Question:  What is the BOOST initiative?   ...