A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx MTs. Look at the performance metrics... - see message

Posted: Nov 06, 2010

...on the community page.  Nearly every employee I see is meeting or exceeding their minimum required line count.  The numbers speak for themselves.  They make these numbers available for anyone in the company to see. 

The posts on MTStars make it sound like there is absolutely no work for anyone.  It is simply untrue. 

I am an Webmedx MT.  I am not a suit.  I am happy with my job.  

I too am tired of the constant bashing and conspiracy theories.

Take a deep breath and prepare for the onslaught of the usual suspects - Calling you a liar, a suit or management

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course it's not true for everyone, but whenever someone tries to post that they have work or they are content at WMX, the usual crew shows up to call that poster a liar or worse.

I understand exactly where you're coming from. Thanks for having the gumption to post this :-)

WMX out of work - out of work

[ In Reply To ..]
It's not the performance metrics that matter, these people are working twice their required hours to meet their minimum. It's the backlog page that remains nearly empty week after week.

Just wondering - curious

[ In Reply To ..]
So, you are saying that you are working nearly 80 hours a week to meet your line count?

hours required - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They only require 5000 lines per week, and that is not the issue for most of us. The issue is that they changed the requirements and now we MUST work the FULL 80 hours or we will be changed to part time status, meaning loss of PTO and loss of benefits. It used to be 35 hours. They stated that 79.9 will NOT count as full time, it MUST BE 80 or more. That is fine when there is plenty of work, but most of us have had to scramble and be at the keyboard 10 or more hours a day to actually be able to get in our hours so that we can maintain our benefits.

Then if you fall behind, you must work the full time 80 hours a pay period again for the next 3 months before you can be considered back at full time status and get benefits back.
They do not take away - your benefits
[ In Reply To ..]
...if work is low. You go into the community page and put your hours for unpaid PTO and in the description "no work." You cover your butt that way. My STM said you will not lose your benefits due to NSA. They can tell when somebody is running out or whether they're just slacking.

Not the poster above, but I am working - way too hard

[ In Reply To ..]
Since you were curious enough to ask, personally I am working approximately 60 hours a week in order to try to get my line count. Much of that time is spent sitting and waiting for work, so I am not actually "working" (as in actively typing) for 60 hours. But it takes me 60 hours of sitting at the computer in order to scrounge up enough work to do.

80 hours - what I meant was

[ In Reply To ..]
most of us are required to be available double time to get our time in, signing in, signing out ALL day long. For me it turns a 4 hour shift into 10. I don't have a problem with production.
hours - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly, that is what I meant also....they require you to have all those hours, and then half the time there is NO work...and I live in constant fear of losing my benefits, not fun! I have to wonder if that is not their end agenda, to get more of us off the roles of full time status and using benefits. The number of lines required is not a problem, as long as there is work!
Nonsense. Minimum line count and 40-hour week - are two different issues.
[ In Reply To ..]
Hours: You're scheduled to work 9-5. You find work in that period that keeps you busy for 5 hours. You enter 3 hours as nonpaid time off to keep the books in line. 8 hours work time.

Lines: 5000/week minimum. This could take 15 hours to accrue with work available or 80 hours of signing on again and again looking for work.

BTW, just go take a look at the latest PRODUCTION matrices. There are lots of people on there still producing 14K, 16K, 18K, 20K, 22K lines per pay period, although there's probably a lot of flexing needed to do it (I'm among them, and yes). I noticed one person who logged 27K lines. At 0.02/line incentive + base rate, that's probably at least a $3-K paycheck for 2 weeks' work. The high producers, though, are typically in the 22,000-24,000 lines/pay period range.

These facts aren't going to make people in genuine trouble happy, of course, but hopefully they will be examined as useful information. Frankly, coming here only to vent and wallow around in fellow sob stories is worse than just a big waste of time if we go away with no idea that doing a lot better may be very possible if only we (fill in list of possible actions to try here).
not true for me...not everyone has same - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I was just hired 8 months ago, I needed full time with benefits and was excited to start with WMX. They only had night shift available. I have run out of work consistently since the day I stared in the middle of the night. I WAS TOLD by my STM during my probationary period, with an implied threat that I was on probation and could easily be terminated, to log out when I got the NSA messages. I was trying to get used to staying up all night and fell asleep. Then I was almost fired because 2 jobs came in during that time I did not pick up. I was informed that I was to sit by my computer, in the middle of the night, and check every 15 minutes for jobs. This is time I am not paid for. Then, when my hours fell short, I was told my probationary period would be extended before I could get benefits since I did not meet the 40 hours required (I worked 10-12 hours a day trying to find jobs, and had 36 hours logged, 8000 lines, no problem there).So, I don't know how you get away with pretty much calling others liars...I have turned my life upside down trying to get used to working in the middle of the night, and I HAVE been told to log off for NSA, and I have had my probationary period extended because of not meeting my hours, and YES they knew how hard I was trying to get in my hours. I have asked for other accounts so I do not run out of work as often, at least 5 times in the past month, and not even the courtesy of a response. Maybe it depends on your STM, I don't know, but what you said above, pretty much calling me a liar, is just not true for everyone. I am so glad you think this is a great company, it is no different for me than MQ.
Not true for me..not everyone has same - anon - fedup
[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly! Which is part of the reason why there are so many upset right now. Too much time on our hands with no work having to sit at our computer to wait for work to drizzle in.
Anon, your experience sounds dreadful and you have my sympathy. - The "nonsense" was for the
[ In Reply To ..]
statement about the supposed scheme to drive people off full time and thus take away their benefits. Employers have the right and the power to tell full-timers they can only continue to offer them part-time employment any time they wish. No silly plots and long-drawn-out implementations needed.

Also your statement about losing benefits. Follow company instructions to clock 40 hours per week (not 36) using unpaid time off for the hours you were available and work was not (occasionally logging on and trying to download to document your availability), and your benefits are safe even if your phone bill does go unpaid.
losing benefits - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for the info. Being new, I had no clue about this except for the info from my STM, and my benefits WERE affected (delayed in my case) maybe since I was not considered out of my probationary period this made a difference. I sit up in the middle of the night logging in every 15 minutes per their instructions sometimes for several hours receiving NSA. I was hired for a new account and I think they over hired (not the accounts that were lost) and actually it has just started to get a little bit better (I think some quit). I have been trying to find another position in the meantime, and ALL the big MTSOs have similar problems, it is not just here.
working over 40 hours - mt2
[ In Reply To ..]
if you are employee status and if you are seeking a job, that is working even if you are not successful actually finding a job, you should be tracking that time, the only time they are not obligated to pay you for is if they tell you to go away and come back later to see if work is there (for example - please do not check for work for at least 1 hour, etc), if they are telling you that it is your responsibility to keep checking for work, that is working and while it may not be compensable time (in their eyes it probably is with your state) it is time that goes towards OT... BUT there is the rub, if OT isn't authorized you are working when you shouldn't be, sounds like there are some wage and hour issues going on here, if I were you, I'd track your time carefully

You know what? sm - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
That's great that you are happy with your job, but there are some of us at WMX who have no work and are unhappy. I used to like WMX, but I am struggling for work. So, if you are tired of hearing us vent, then stop reading the complaints. In other words, let us vent, and you can keep cranking out those lines.

NN, it's important to know what's going on in general - so you can make informed decisions.

[ In Reply To ..]
My last very big earthquake in California before we moved cost 2 lives--one a young immigrant who threw himself out a second-floor window. If he'd known anything about local structural codes, he would have stepped into the nearest doorway and waited it out.

Yes, I know what you mean sm - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Today I went to Wal-Mart to buy groceries and ran over my husband's foot with the cart.
Oh, dear. Hope it was on the way in and not at checkout. - :) NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
On way to car with 5 pound chicken quarters and 10 pounds of potatoes. On sale - now at Wal-Mart.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

My point - exactly

[ In Reply To ..]
Just exaggerated drama. Making Webmedx look like this big huge monster who is so cruel to their employees. Give me a break.

That is how they act. If they are NOT...then it is up to THEM - To Prove It!

[ In Reply To ..]
The ball is in their court. They are the ones who have behaved badly and lost the trust of their loyal MTs. The MTs did nothing wrong. If management wants to fix this PR boondoggle, they better get better minds to work on the problem than they have currently.

I'm still able to make 25,000 lines per pay period even though work is low. nm - yasha

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yasha--That is great. Is that on new Enterprise? Mostly VR? - Webster

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks.

Well.. sm - yasha

[ In Reply To ..]
I lied. I'm just plain frustrated and worried, that's all. I used to love working for WMX until this.

Why some of us have work and other don't, I don't think is fair, and it's not fair for those that have work to downgrade the ones that don't have work frustrations. I don't give an ant's tail what that table on the community page says.

Plain and simple, I don't have work. I come on here to vent and somehow, sick as it seems, I get a lot of comfort knowing that some fellow Webbies are experiencing the same circumstance I am.

I know that there are some who are sick and tired of reading the same thing over and over again and call us "drama queens," etc., but it helps me to release gas to come on here and explode. I can't let loose on my kids or my husband. I just come on here and complain. Just voicing my opinion.

I hope that things improve for WMX it's an okay company to work for, and I'm hoping the new account will be able to give those of us without work, having to scrounge for it like mad hens something to do so we can earn enough money to buy necessities. For crying out loud, I felt guilty today for buying a new head for my Colgate Powerbrush. I blew a measly 6 bucks. I know I could have bought several blocks of Ramen noodles, but I got tired of that round thing popping off.

So, I'm sorry I lied. I barely even make my line count with all this going on.

BTW, does anyone know what the "unprecedented reverse" - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
mentioned on the last "meeting" (among the announcements of positive developmentes) was? Lots of companies are having them these days, of course, nothing at all unique in that, but I am curious because it sounds like something that would have impacted us strongly, and probably still is.

Similar Messages:

Performance Metrics Coming For Doctors
Nov 16, 2012

Interesting reading at family practice office this week, publication for Family Physician Practice, saying how software developers are working feverishly on new products for physician offices where they will choose their diagnoses and what-have-you from drop-down menu (yes, that will completely eliminate transcription). Problems arising already with "trials", where docs weren't making "right" choices with their documentation. (They were not taking enough time with modifiers, etc.) It ...

Softscript - Past Performance Is Any Indication Of Future Performance
Jan 30, 2012

to download.  That's frutiy.  Managment of workflow has changed too.  They have been putting H and P's that are more than two hours old through.  That's fruity.  Jobs come totally out of order based on job numbers and date stamp.  That's fruity.  They will never get it together if past performance is any indication of future performance.  ...

New Metrics
Sep 30, 2014

To take the place of the QA metrics and make it easier for MLS to make bonus but obviously Nuance wants to test it first. It was first conceived because of so much disparity in the QA auditors themselves, where some are very reasonable and some knock off for every little thing.  ...

More Metrics. My God. I Wonder How Many
Apr 08, 2015

upper level people spend the majority of their time on metrics, raking in the big bucks, while they slash those of us actually earning the company money.  What's the point of all the statistics, metrics, charts, tables....... Get rid of unnecessary people & use that money to pay MTs better, thereby attracting the best of the best MTs & being able to retain happy employees, and your stats will automatically improve without hiring teams of people to analyze why what you're d ...

Metrics Tubes?
Nov 05, 2009

Can't find reference to "s/l metrics tubes" used in microdiskectomy and bilateral decompression.  ...

Quality Metrics
Jul 03, 2014

Received from our TSM this morning...   "I have been advised that the minimum quality score for a passing audit will remain at 99.6% through this third quarter of 2014, which is through September 30th. "   Guess they figured they would lose too many people for not meeting the 99.7%...   Anyone else hear this?   ...

Quality Metrics Going Up
Apr 08, 2015

Well I see the quality metrics have gone up for the year 2015 at MM.  Does this mean that the dictation quality has gone up a grade or 2 also?  And oh yeah, the pay is going up, too?  Just asking....,  ...

SICK Of Quality Metrics
Jun 23, 2014

Oh, no! We don't DARE go under 99.6%.  Watch those "the's" and "an's."  They are CRITICAL to the report.  ...

Doctors Subjected To Metrics, Like MTs
Oct 01, 2014

Here is another excellent article from KevinPHO MD about the corporate control of doctors.  It is satire mixed with truth. Well worth the read.  ...

Quality Metrics Since The PODs
Feb 11, 2015

Is it just my accounts, or has anybody else noticed that their BOB/POD quality metrics have taken a nosedive since they started these PODs?  Previously, my BOB would be in the green constantly and we would get praise for it.  Now, all I ever see is red..too many criticals, too many major and minor errors.  Seems like this whole POD idea is working marvelously.  I hope they fail to meet contract and clients start dropping like flies.  Of course, that would be our fault. & ...

Checked Team Metrics For Personnel Changes
Feb 05, 2015

Checked listing from end of November and then the last one last week and found there were 1 less numbers listed. I thought more might have quit.  I guess the ones who did weren't under my TSM.  We have it pretty good compared to some. I mostly did this to see if new people were added to our team and causing low work but that doesn't seem to be it. Low work today... OOW and had too much time on my hands I guess. ...

If They Got Rid Of All The MTs Who Were Not Meeting The Ridiculous Quality Metrics, Wonder How Many
Apr 15, 2015

they'd have left? ...

Performance Management
Oct 12, 2010

I haven't been put on PM yet but fear I might.  Got an email that said I had a "low-scoring feedback report."  It was for using follow up instead of followup (I know better) and then omitting the word "the."  Now, I will own up to these mistakes, they WERE my mistakes, but by no means life-threatening in any case.  But apparently this caused my score to drop below 98%.  Now I'm terrified they are going drop my pay by 3 cents a line, and I am already in danger of not being able to ...

QCs/performance Coaches
Nov 05, 2013

is there something going on with QC/perf coaches? got an email from mine today saying she was no longer our QC, no details ...

Performance Management?
Jan 20, 2014

Would like to hear about personal experiences with performance management......Anyone having a difficult time meeting expectations in production and/or quality?  ...

Performance Punishment
Mar 31, 2014

Are there any companies out there who do NOT punish their good employees?  I have never worked a place yet where good performance is NOT punished.  We're the "go-to" employees.  We're the ones who can always be depended on, work overtime, do more than the required work, report to work on-time, and rarely or never call in sick.  We're the ones who are told we're invaluable, indispensable, and that our company wishes they could "clone."  Then what happ ...

Performance Mgmt
Jul 13, 2014

on perf mgmt cause failed auditx wiht 99.34 or something like that. got verbal warning in ultipro. what happens next? ...

Performance Coach
Dec 29, 2014

Has anyone ever had issues or been targeted by performance coach?  If so, how did you handle it?  Thanks. ...

To Performance Coach
Mar 05, 2015

Most of us are typing for many, many different hospitals.  If you send out e-mails lumping all the hospitals together with helpful hints on what we are doing wrong and what we should be doing, where should we be filing these e-mails for future reference?  If we take too long to try to find the info in your e-mails, that gets counted against us in the Inactivity Graft that we have to stare at each day.  Unless you have a better suggestion, could you please simply split up ...

If You Disagree With Something On Your Performance Eval
Jul 20, 2010

and you refuse to sign it, will it make a difference?  Or should one refuse to sign it and go over the head of your immediate supervisor since obviously your supervisor and you disagree? ...

Software To Improve Performance?
Dec 03, 2010

I am having a computer problem hope you can help...I have a laptop that I had to replaced the hard drive in about 6 weeks or so ago.  When we first got it back, it worked faster than before.  Now, less than 2 months later, it is really slow.  I defragment the hard drive once a week, etc. but it has not helped.  The PC that I use for work (I do not use for anything but work) never has had a problem with getting slower but with the laptop it is bad.  Of cous ...

Anyone Else Receive A Performance Mentor??
Apr 12, 2012

:) ...

Apparently Performance Mentoring
May 03, 2012

I have just learned. ...

Performance Review And Increase
Aug 28, 2012

I have a feeling I am going to get laughed right off of this page, but here goes. At any point does Nuance offer a performance review and/or pay increase?  Also, has anyone ever threatened to quit and were offered an increase to stay?   ...

Questions About Performance Management
Feb 19, 2014

Does anyone who goes on Performance Management ever come off again, or does it inevitably result in a layoff/firing or quitting? Is this usually done after failing the 3rd audit? What usually happens when you fail your second audit?  I've only failed one but I'm trying to put a plan together in case there's a 2nd.  ...

Curious How Many Are On Performance Management...
Aug 07, 2014

I failed for the month of July at 9.38 so will be moving onto my final warning...I would love to know how many others are going through the same...Just makes me feel stupid and inadequate.  :(  Probably unemployment line for me soon.  So humiliating.   ...

Don't Berate Yourselves For Performance Management
Aug 07, 2014

It's clearly just a maneuver to save them money.  The more of us on performance management, the less they have to pay us.  I'm sure it is a monstrous savings to them. Failed my first audit this month.  The minute I'm put on performance management is the minute I'm filing for social securty and changing my phone number.   ...

Performance Management Question
Sep 03, 2014

Could/would someone please tell me where I can find information outlining performance management steps. TIA. ...

Exactly What Is The Performance Action Plan ?
Sep 25, 2014

I know this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find the thread. I'm wondering exactly what the peformance action plan is. Are any of you on this and what is the reason behind why you were put on it. TIA.  ...

What Happened To The Old Performance Coaches
Oct 27, 2014

are they still here? ...