A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance schedule/Webclock/no work confusion! SM - boosa

Posted: Dec 16, 2012

Can someone clarify for me how schedules/Webclock is supposed to to work???  You are scheduled to work 8 hours.  There is no work, you wait 15 minutes, supposed to clock out and check back later, etc.  If all of this considered part of your 8 hours??  or do you have to make up the daggum time for all this crap of checking back and forth, emailing to get jobs assigned, etc.  I only have those 8 hours and cannot flex.  Are you penalized for not getting your hours in???? Also, what do they use to calculate our LPH rate?  Webclock time or something different?  TIA.

Some answers - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you clock out because of no work, you can flex back off your schedule time. You do have to note in the comment box that you are logging out due to OOW.

You won't be forced to make up the hours off your schedule but if you opt not to make them up, you don't get paid for those hours either.

In 2 years I have never been penalized for not getting my hours in when it was related to OOW.

As far as calculating your lines, I am not entirely sure but it seems it has to be calculated using your webclock time.

LPH calculated with Webclock hours - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
My supervisor did tell me that the lph is determined by the hours shown on Webclock. So if you are doing "unproductive" things while logged in, such as reading and responding to email, checking FIESA feedback, or whatever, that will drag down your lph and you will be told that you're not meeting their standards and you need to bring it up. So on the one hand they tell you that the pitifully low line rate takes into account time needed for "unproductive" tasks, including research, but on the other they tell you not to be logged in unless you are being "productive."

Similar Messages:

Confusion Over Start And End Of Pay Periods With Nuance
Dec 29, 2012

Okay, got the shift differential figured out but now I am totally confused as to the pay periods start and end dates. I have an email from Cathy Jones with Nuance that says this pay period runs from 12/22 to 1/4, which I think would be correct as it is 2 weeks.  My TL sent us an email this morn saying we have until 1/2 to approve our timecards and the pay period ended last night at midnight!!! What?  Don't we work two weeks and then get paid???? Please explain.  Also, have no ...

Nuance Webclock Problems
Mar 03, 2011

Does anybody else have trouble just signing on to this darned thing?  I have to try 5 to 10 times a night sometimes to even get the Webclock to come up.  I can get onto the first page okay, but then clicking on ITCS Weblock after the Payroll button more often than not results in a totally blank page.  No error message or anything else to give me a clue what's going on.  I just keep trying back and then eventually get in  (and so have to modify a lot of punches). Is ...

Anyone Else Working For Nuance Having Issues With Webclock Tonight?
Aug 08, 2011

Mine will work until I click on Webclock to punch in my hours and then it just sits there with a blank page and does nothing. Just wondering if it is just me or anyone else having this problem? ...

Nuance Webclock...anyone Else Still Waiting For Instructions To Access?
Dec 21, 2012

Have received info on training, which instructs to not complete until you have created a password and have access to Webclock. Prior email message said that info should have gone out yesterday. I have not received anything. I notified NTS payroll this morning by email (as instructed) that I did not receive password/access information and have not heard back from them. Just wondered if a lot of MTs have not heard yet or if I am the only one. ...

Nuance Employee Handbook And Webclock Question
Aug 20, 2013

Seems like I was told there is such a thing, but where can it be found?  How do you put in time for taking a day off with pay on Webclock?  I can't find instructions or a category for this on the Webclock page. ...

Nuance Taking Over And I Was Forced To Change My Schedule
Sep 22, 2012

So, I used to work Monday through Friday, which is what I was hired for.  Fast forward to Nuance taking over and I was forced to change my schedule to include a weekend day, and this is the 4th weekend in a row, there is no work. Makes sense, huh? ...

I Am So Sick And Tired Of Adjusting My Schedule To Their Maintenance Schedule!
Jan 13, 2011

I work on Saturday second shift on the west coast, so their Sunday EST maintenance period falls at 9 pm on Saturday night here. I've got other things to do on Saturday day than start work several hours early every single every other weekend. I've got a social life too. ...

Confusion
Apr 05, 2013

I may be a total dunce about this but can somebody out there explain to me what the difference(s) are between employee, IC and statutory employee. I see all of these postings and am not sure what to think. ...

Punctuation Confusion
Jan 27, 2010

HEAD CT IMPRESSION Multiple regions of low density in both sides of the internal capsule, probably represent old white matter infarcts.  (Should there be a comma after capsule or not?  It makes sense with or without the comma)  ...

Venting About Confusion
Apr 16, 2010

This is what this doc says:  Certainly if there is any rhythms increase, worsen, blah, you know, whatever (chuckles), we will reevaluate at that time.  It doesn't make any sense and I don't even know what to type.  I'll probably get dinged on something by trying to make it make sense.  He's making me crazy.  ...

Education Confusion!
May 09, 2010

So I am looking into making the switch from MT to coder.  The AHIMA program says it takes 15 months to complete and then you can sit for the CCA exam.  The AAPC program says you must complete it in 4 months and you can sit for CPC or CPC-H.  Wouldn't the latter be better?  I've been reading that CCA is pretty much worthless.  So, why would CCA take 15 months and CPC take 4 months?  Also, every job I've seen for a coder requires experience.  How c ...

Chaos And Confusion
Jul 22, 2010

on a conference call for a new account with multiple locations all wanting specific things.  My head is spinning.  I think I am officially losing my mind.  Of course this account has been NJA most of the day.  Let's just say there is no mercy.    ...

Confusion Over Mt Career
Nov 12, 2010

my company is laying off and since i will qualify for unemployment, my new plan is to finish school in an MT program. i have tried 2x in the past but could never set aside the time/money to do so. now i have found this board, and am a little confused by some of the comments. i had no intentions of working from home but rather a hospital or office setting. i have seen job postings around town and a government site says something to the effect of 11% rise through 2018. so with all that said, how ...

Dosing Confusion
Nov 24, 2010

I have heard this before with other meds and have no idea what the doc is talking about.  He dictates sodium bicarb nineteen fifty mg.  What does he mean?  1950 mg or 19/50 mg, or sodium bicarb19 50 mg.  I looked up sodium bicarb for the dosing and still don't know what he means.  Can someone help?  Thank you. ...

Credential Confusion
Apr 13, 2011

I have been looking at some ads for coding level I jobs at a local hospital but I have noticed this other places too.  They prefer an RHIA/RHIT credential but will accept a CCS.  Doesn't a person with a CCS have more indepth knowlege of actual coding than a RHIA/RHIT?  I have worked for 20 years as a transcriptionist and have had many supervisors with degrees and the RHIA/RHIT credential that were my boss but knew nothing at all about transcription.  Do the people hiring ...

Confusion Caused By....
May 20, 2011

Press?   Delirium caused by Press?   ...

Confusion Every Time
May 24, 2011

Please please help....   EVERYTIME I hear this in dictation I can never just type it out and get it correct...example.... "measures two centimeters by one half centimeters"  how is this transcribed numerically??????   Please help!!!!!! ...

Confusion About Platforms?
Mar 04, 2012

This is probably clear as day to most and may belong in the tech forum, but I'm going to try here first.  I notice that Nuance owns eScription. Okay, got that.  In their ads, they are not compatible with satellite nor wireless internet. Okay, got that.  What I do not have is why a completely different company is telling me that eScription is compatible with satellite internet? Just an FYI, this has nothing to do with Nuance. I am not going to work for them and know nothing a ...

Out Of Work Confusion
Apr 02, 2013

Are we still supposed to go into remedy and get a ticket number for out of work or not? ...

Confusion About New Policy
Aug 24, 2013

As I read the new policy what has been eliminated is the option if you run out of work during your shift, to just call it quits for the day and take leave without pay.  Instead, you have to keep checking back during your shift.  However, if you still are short hours you have the option then to take leave without pay.  I know this is not what the TSM's are saying, but the option to take PTO or leave without pay still remains in the official policy on line, at least as of yeste ...

Confusion Regarding Medquist-MModal
Feb 04, 2012

What's the deal with Medquist-M-Modal.. is this a merger, complete takeover of Medquist or just rebranding? Curious because the deal which is being done is with CBAY, which is INDIAN OWNED. Deadwood floating on water. ...

Clearing Up VR Training Confusion
Nov 13, 2012

We need to clear some things up for new people, or those who have only done straight MT and will soon be doing VR.  VR DOES NOT require special intensive training, other than, of course, you still need to know how to be an MT.  That being said, make believe you typed a letter in your word processing program and you noticed a ton of errors when you went to proof it.  You would just fix them, right? It's the same thing, only if you're using the mouse, you would need to l ...

Out Of Work Confusion About Procedure
Apr 02, 2013

I don't understand the procedure now for out of work.  How do I do the teamwork punches?  Can someone explain please? ...

Confusion About The Mayo Clinic
Feb 23, 2015

Does anyone know what the latest status of the Mayo Clinic is, with regards to medical transcriptionists?  I remember they laid off something like 118 MT's last summer, and I believe someone here said they outsourced their work to Amphion.  So today I happened to look on the Mayo Clinic homepage under Jobs, and according to that, it says they're hiring "telecommute" MT's.  I can't find any mention of an MTSO... it appears to be a Mayo Clinic ad, not an MTSO ad ...

ATSI - Transition From IC To Employee Confusion
May 06, 2010

A recruiter recently emailed me and stated in her email "After the minimumlines per day is satisfied for 3 consecutive periods as well as the 90 days you will be offered employee status and benefits".  What does that mean?  What does a consecutive period consist of - pay periods?  Annual quarters?  (and please don't tell me to "ask the recruiter" - I have to go through extensive testing before she'll communicate with me again and I want to know if its worth it). I ...

Cannot Log Into Webclock
Dec 11, 2012

Is there anyone else who cannot log into Webclock.  I can get into Alphastaff, but I am unable to go to the Webclock site to clock in ...

WebClock?
Dec 20, 2012

Have any of you coming from Transcend done the WebClock training? Is it easy to use? TIA! ...

PTO On Webclock
Jan 26, 2013

Just noticed that my whopping amount of PTO (24.87) is the same on all three pay periods for this year.  Do they add it in at the end of the month or what?  Just wondering why in pay period 1 of this year I have the same amount of PTO as I do now.  Help!!! ...

On Webclock There Is A Way To See Three
Jul 09, 2014

weeks of clock ins.  Then as the next week comes up the last one disappears.  Is there anyway to see former weeks' clock ins??  TIA ...

Question About New Webclock
Dec 19, 2012

Those of us who have been using webclock and are not new from other companies - do we have to go on and do something different and set up a new pin etc.  I got an email about having to view an 8 minute instruction on setting up an account with webclock but I already have one.  Of course it is through alpha staff so do I need to do anything?  ...