A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New Graduate Ready to Work !!! - NewMT

Posted: Dec 22, 2014

I already have been lucky enough to lock down a job FT Mon-Fri but because I have been unemployed while attending school I am looking for something on weekends to help start saving for making loan payments in the near future as well being able to save a bit. I have tried to apply at TTS and got turned down for not having 5 years acute care experience per contract requirements. I accept that is their requirement. I have also applied with Nuance for Sat/Sun hours. Does anyone know of any other companies that hire strictly for weekend work ? Thanks have a great Monday !  

Well... - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck in this biz. For the life of me, can't imagine why you'd want to go into it...but

Most places there is a requirement as to how many hours you have to put in. You don't say if you're employee or IC, but it's not worth much to them if you're only going to work anything less than 20-25 hours per week for a given place. Not worth the application process, testing process, then getting you trained on their software, etc., etc.

Sheesh. Good luck in this business. I see you have a number of Dislikes to your post. If you're wondering why, it's probably because people can't believe someone would consider going into MT anymore.

You might want to put your weekend energy into looking for something other than MT.

Similar Messages:

New Graduate,need Work How?
Jan 25, 2010

I am a recent graduate of At-Home Professions.  I have posted my resume at several companies but have either not gotten any response or the few that have responded state they are looking for experience.  How can I get hired as a new graduate.  Any help would be appreciated.  ...

Recent Graduate MT
Sep 23, 2010

Hello My name is Stephanie and I am a recent Medical Transcription graduate from Ashworth University in Georgia. I am having a little trouble trying to find a work at home position due to not having any experience, I would like to work from home to be able to be with my 2 1/2 year old daughter. If anyone is willing to help me with this I would really appreciate it. Thank You in advance. ...

Is It Really Possible To Get A CCS As A New Coding Graduate?
Jan 07, 2012

Is it even possible to get a CCS when you are a new coding graduate? ...

Graduate W/some Experience
Jan 23, 2012

I am posting because I have spent the past few days reading so many negative things on this board and a few positive things, but am very discouraged about MTing.  My position is that I have graduated from a school (Career Step) that is accredited and one of the "top 3" I BELIEVE, but am not really sure now (can anyone tell me who those "3" are?). I graduated, but not with honors or high honors, Within one month, I got a wonderful job right out of the  ...

New MT Graduate Needs Advice HELP
Nov 28, 2012

I am frustrated at finding employement. I am a recent graduate from Career Steps and I do not know which way to turn. I have spent hours trying to find full-time, part-time employee or independent contractor positions. One company offers a mentoring program, which is more money. Does anyone have advice on these mentoring programs. Any advice on where to go from here would be so appreciated. I am employeed at a hospital currently(have been there 10 years), so I am dependable and loyal. Thanks i ...

New Everett Cc Graduate
Nov 11, 2013

I graduated from Everett CC's MT program in August and took their test prep class to extend my access to Career Step and learn as much as possible before I hit the bricks. My instructor suggested I apply to Nuance, as they hire new grads and have a training period to break them in to their company. Any thoughts? ...

New Graduate Seeking Advice
Oct 24, 2009

I graduated from Career Step’s program in early September. I am becoming very frustrated in my job search, and I thought I would come on here for some motivation. I have been working as a supervisor at a commercial cleaning company since graduating high school in 2002. This job requires attention to detail, time-management abilities, and computer skills. All three of these carry over into the transcription field. Attention to detail is required for checking my crew’s work. Dur ...

Anyone A Graduate Of M-TEC Training Program Or, Know Anyone?
Jan 05, 2010

I'm researching MT training programs & M-TEC seems to be the most recommended & credible, so far.  However, the price is over double the others, I suppose for good reason. Anyone trained w/M-TEC or, have any advice on training programs?  M-TEC, Andrews & Career Step keep popping up. thx so much. ...

Any At-Home-Profession Graduate?
Mar 28, 2010

Hi, I was wondering if their is anyone that has graduated from At-home-professions? And did you find a job right away, what was your thoughts on the school? Because I keep seeing all these posts and I am getting woried since I am in the school right now. Thanks! ...

SUM Program Graduate Eight Years Ago
Aug 12, 2010

I posted yesterday, that I need to get back my transcribing skills after eight years of being out of the profession.  I'm hoping it's like riding a bike and can get back on... Thank you to the one who responded to get the Book of Style and practice.  I ordered the AAMT Book of Style from Amazon as well as a pharmacutical book and transcriptionist desk reference book.  In need a a usb foot pedal.  Anyone have a suggestion on type to buy or is anyone trying to sell o ...

Mentoring A Recent MT Graduate
Apr 26, 2011

Hi! I was wondering if any one out there could mentor me or if they know a company out there does that? I graduated this past February from Kaplan University. I have been looking for job since then and I am unable to find an MT job that I can do from home. If anyone could help I would greately appreciate it. Sincerely, Tracie Hislop ...

Using Electronic Resources After You Graduate From MT Classes
Jan 19, 2011

After you got out of MT classes and your subscriptions to your electronic resources expired, did you renew your subscription, use other resources instead, or do without? ...

I Really Hate The Jumping Ballerina Graduate Over There
Jun 09, 2011

lol ...

New Graduate Of Ashworth College's MT Program
Nov 06, 2012

I am a new graduate of Ashworth College's MT program. I am having much difficulty finding employment due to my lack of experience. Can anyone give me any suggestions on companies that hire New grads? ...

New Graduate March 2013 And Unable To Find A MT Job
Aug 24, 2013

I would like to know how anyone who graduates from Career Step and can not find a job for a MT...I am a graduate of March this year however not with honors. But still every job I have read you need three years experience or more. Very upset all the money put out for extensions, etc and it was a waste of life and time.. Any suggestions on places who give graduates a chance?? ...

READY TO GO!!
Apr 13, 2010

Has anyone quit and been able to collect unemployment?  I am just about ready to call it a day, good-by, farewell.   ...

Ready, Set....
Oct 03, 2010

Getting ready to begin testing for a part-time position I REALLY need...Wish me luck! Ready, set....GO!!! ...

Ready To Cry!
Dec 23, 2010

My clinic that I type for just started MTs on editing. I have lost almost $200 in pay on just 1 check until I can somehow double my over 1200 lines I already type a day! Sorry, I just needed to vent before I just bust out crying. ...

Ready To Run 2
Jul 08, 2011

I'm just scared to death of jumping from the frying pain into the fire.  I know there have to be better companies out there.  I work on 15+ accounts, make no money to speak of, my boss makes me feel guilty if I want 2 hours off, forgets to send me e-mails that she sends everyone else, changed my PTO after it was already approved, and I could go on.  Today may be notice day after 12 years with this company. ...

RE: I Have Already Been Getting Ready And Will
Apr 27, 2012

http://the99spring.com/ How exactly will you differentiate between staff who are legitimately sick and those who are not?  I can't wait for all the EEOC, wage, unemployment, etc., claims to start as well as the legal jeopardy that your company can and will face in the event of unlawful termination.  The legal clinics will be very busy.  You would be very surprised at the resources that exist for the poor. They just don't know about them. Yet that is. Oh what an ...

Ready To Say Enough Is Enough
Feb 04, 2013

I have done this for years now but have just almost reached the end of what I can take. I have fought retiring, wanted to continue on but I feel the work is just not worth the hassel anymore. We are held to an almost impossible level now, just us, not what kind of dictation is sent our way. Nothing is said to ask others to clean up their dictation to where it is halfway audible but let us have 1 word left off that is not even meaning to the context of the report and we are called on the carpet f ...

I Think I Am Ready To Go Out And Get A Job Other Than MT!
Feb 04, 2013

Been doing MT & QA for 30 years, since I was in high school!  Boy, how things have changed. My kids are grown and in college now, one in Medical School studying to be a doctor, and I think, I am ready now to go out into the rat rate of 9-5 out of the home! Thinking, administrative assistant, type of position.  My wrists and hands hurt, CTS, and can't get it fixed because I can't be without pay for 6 weeks waiting to heal, etc. etc. etc. It was a fantastic career, all-in ...

Question For QA'ers...How Do You Know When You Are Ready??? Sm
Dec 15, 2009

I've got over 16 years of experience with both acute care and multispecialty clinic.  I'm tired of being insulted by being offered line rates that I would have starved on 10+ years ago.  I'm very interested in pursuing a QA position.  For those of you who have done or are doing QA, how did you know when you were qualified to handle it? I would appreciate any information or tips you would be willing to share.  Thanks! ...

Ready For Another Wave Of . . . .
Mar 06, 2010

Ok, so we DO NOT get paid for reading through our QA feedback, we are getting our line counts cut, and we do not get paid for looking up old reports to cut down on QA?  Something tells me the wind is shfiting and it is ain't smelling too ripe.  Batten down the hatches ladies and gents, thar she BLOWS!!!! ...

Facies Are S/l Ready
Nov 30, 2010

I have heard this before and I don't think the correct spelling is ready, any ideas would be appreciated. ...

Getting Ready To Retire
May 30, 2011

HI everyone, well, here I am about to retire from the Federal Government after 37 years, but would like to go back to transcriptions which I did fo a few years. Course, a few years is a long time and I know I'll need to go back to a school for brush-up. Any recommendations, or should I try to learn to bake cookies instead? Please help! ...

Ready To Run - Need To Vent
Jul 07, 2011

Okay, the Q lost my account of 13 years, put me on new local account, just went live.  All I am hearing is how unhappy the new client is and is in jeopardy, this after about 3 weeks.  All I am hearing is we are sending too many blanks, need to check old reports (excuse me, after 3 weeks not many of those), reports must be perfect.  Next to no client profile to go on.  QA person is trying like crazy to load repository, don't blame her at all.  But the dictators are n ...

Get Ready Transcenders...
Mar 13, 2012

You will be "offered" lots and lots of OT every day, and asked to mail in your committments for every weekend. It is not "mandatory", but if you do not do it, you will be written by your SM asking you to. Same thing. So tiring, day in and day out. Guess I am not a "team player" because I feel I was hired to work 40 hours and any time after that is "My Life Time." ...

So Ready To Quit.
May 24, 2012

At this point I'd make more money waiting tables even though I'm older.  It's crazy.  With the VR I'm working double the hours for half the pay.  Not to mention there are 3 new QA's on my accounts and each want things done differently. I'm so fed up.  This is all I know but figure if an old dog can learn new tricks........... ...

Ready, Set, GOOOOOOOOO
Oct 17, 2012

Well it's that time!!!  Next Tuesday is my last day at work (the hospital I work for goes live with MModal).  There are 12 remote transcriptionists at our hospital and only one accepted a position with MModal.  So, whoever works in possibly the North region you all will be getting lots of work soon.  None of us are doing very much to get the work caught up.  It's kind of bittersweet but since we were officially outsourced and signed our paperwork, none of ...