A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Get ready Transcenders... - Sickupandfed

Posted: Mar 13, 2012

You will be "offered" lots and lots of OT every day, and asked to mail in your committments for every weekend. It is not "mandatory", but if you do not do it, you will be written by your SM asking you to. Same thing. So tiring, day in and day out. Guess I am not a "team player" because I feel I was hired to work 40 hours and any time after that is "My Life Time."

I agree with you. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I signed on for 40 hours. I only work because I need to, otherwise, I'd be sitting on the beach. OT is not worth my time nor the extra pennies it pays.When there is NO work, we don't get UT - undertime, lol - so screw it.

when wmx was bought out - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I can only speak from this experience, but they immediately stopped the M*Modal speech rec we had (it was a rival) and everything went to straight type while we re-trained our old speech program to work. This meant them asking for OT continually, even calling us at home if we did not. Then it went to the old dinosaur speech program, which was leaps and bounds behind the M*Modal, lots of people quit, and still more demands for OT. Finally just now some of the accounts are getting switched over to different platforms (Escription etc) but with all of the mismanagement they have lost many more employees, and there has pretty much been a demand for OT commitments since the buyout last June. Don't know if it will be the same for Transcenders or if Nuance learned anything here.... Sigh... Good luck to all.

So glad you agree! - Sickupandfed

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. Its not like its fun or like we would make big cash flow by working OT. Just not worth it. I remember early on having no work..yes, that UT would have been great then had it been existent! Should work both ways.

Nuance OT - Barbv

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, it's "flex your time because workload is low" during the week, and then OH GOD we need help on the weekend. Good grief!

lol....no kidding. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't do OT. Not worth my time. They can keep that 1 extra penny per line. Pay us DECENT WAGE and MTs would fall all over themselves to do OT. Hell, there probably wouldn't BE OT because everyone would enjoy their job again and actually work hard at it. I do what's necessary, no more, no less.

Similar Messages:

MDI/Transcenders - Did You See This?
Jan 29, 2010

Saw this posted over on the MQ board and thought it merited attention on this board as well....Be prepared.   http://forum.mtstars.com/190192.html     ...

To Transcenders
Feb 06, 2010

The company MLS site states that QA uses BOS3.  Are there enough differences between BOS2 and 3 that I need to invest in the latter?  ...

? For You Transcenders
Oct 20, 2011

Is the $900 per pay period reqiurement before or after taxes? Thank you in advance for any input. ...

Transcenders
Dec 16, 2011

After reading all the negative posts here about other companies I'm glad to be working for Transcend.  How about you?   I just started there last month, but so far so good.  I'm curious about moving up in the company to a TL position.  I got an email the other day from the recruiter saying we can apply even before our 90 day probationary period. I'm just wondering if people really get hired for that position being so new to the company.  I'm sti ...

How Are The Other New Transcenders Doing?
Jan 05, 2012

I think I'm getting the hang of BeyondTXT now.  I haven't run out of work so far, so that's a good thing, not to say that I won't, but haven't yet.  I'm doing ER notes right now.  Gonna be given more worktypes next week though.  I'm building up my speed slowly but surely.  How is it going with the others new to Transcend?  :) ...

How Many Of You Ex-Transcenders Are Looking
Dec 19, 2012

for another MT gig and/or resigning since the new plan has been rolled out to us? Just curious, don't know how many of us actually look here and I rarely post. Just trying to consider it from all angles, pros and cons, options. Taking quite a hit in pay. In any case, wish you all a peaceful holiday season. ...

Transcenders - Questions For You, Please
Dec 19, 2009

Does Transcend have an incentive plan and would you explain it for me?   What were you hired at (base rate)?   Do they have any VR work and what is the base rate for it?   Thanks.   ...

Transcenders: Question On
Apr 14, 2010

How many of you receive no raises and/or even rate cuts while management receives increases equivalent of complete salary packages, bonuses and the company offers $78 million to buy Spheris?     ...

A Question To MDI-er/Transcenders
Apr 21, 2010

Hi MDIers/now Transcenders:  Curious to know if anyone else is starting to feel as demoralized as I am by the recent highly offensive/rude/appalling brow-beating emails  sent out by (MDI-MD) TLs?  Has anyone noticed the push for total workaholism with even working through funerals?! Did they all take a class on how to make everyone feel like crap about their job?  A  new ROM mentioned there is a decrease in MLS production that she doesn't understand - I would put ...

Question For MDI/transcenders
Jul 22, 2010

Has DD always been this full of hot air?  Just from her messages on the mls web site I am afraid I would have to doubt anything she ever told me.   What a joke!  ...

Question For PT Transcenders
Feb 27, 2011

Since PTers don't earn PTO, how do you handle taking days off?  I'm considering a schedule that will involve most weekends (to supplement my FT job).  While I don't need to work as much as they require (20 hours), I do need a little extra spending money.  Will taking off a weekend day or 2 a month be a problem?  Has anyone else had to deal with these circumstances?  Just want to know what I'm getting into. ...

Transcenders Using Encore ???
Sep 22, 2011

On the new platform will you be able to see your line count as you go along or do you still have to go look it up the regular way.  At Webmedx it kept a running tab of your lines on the top of the page and you could kind of pace yourself.   I really liked that. Also, have they put out a schedule as to when each region will be going over to Encore?    ...

Compensation - For Transcenders
Dec 16, 2012

As you transition to Nuance, you will have training jobs going to QC.  This will count against your QC percentage and affect your ability to earn any increased increment in line rate based on your quality.  Please plan ahead carefully for a much lower paycheck and look for another job as hard as you can.  Advise all would-be MTs to look into coding or some other profession entirely.  MTs are living at poverty levels these days and we have to get the word out.  With VR ca ...

PT Transcenders Working Weekends
Jan 17, 2010

I also was concerned about the statement in the handbook indicating that even as PT we had to put in an 8 hour day on the weekend.  I contacted the appropriate person who informed me that the polices in the handbook are directed to Transcend MLSs that are hired “the normal way,” and not to the MDI MLSs who are coming in via the merger.  Nothing will change about the way you schedule yourself as long as our accounts stay compliant with TAT. Like you, I am also going to b ...

Transcenders - 2nd Payroll Dates Nov/Dec
Oct 05, 2011

Is it true that MTs/ICs will be paid AFTER Thanksgiving and Christmans holidays?  Just wondering as new employee.  One ADP payroll schedule for employees states  prior to holidays, but another for MTs/ICs payroll states after holidays.  Please confirm.  Thank you. ...

Transcenders Going From Bayscribe To Encore?
Mar 20, 2012

Is anyone making close to the same money with editing as they were with transcription?   ...

Are There Any Transcenders Willing To Share Their Positive Experience?
Jan 29, 2010

Maybe I'm the eternal optimist.  My eyes are wide open, and I've been through previous crappy merger.  Maybe The Worst Case will indeed happen.  I guess it's like MQ, the ship of misery where everyone (including me) stayed and stayed and stayed for numerous reasons.  I finally got off only to find a few yrs later a new merger with Transcend.  BTW, the number I  heard on conferences was that with MDI-MD, Transcend was now with 1200 MLS/TLs.  Just ...

Any Transcenders Out There Not Making Their Minimum Lines?
Jun 14, 2011

I'm just wondering.  I've been with Transcend going on three years now and have never made my minimum lines for part-time.  I've always just worked my shift.  It was never an issue of me hitting my $450 or not.  Now all of a sudden my job is in jeopardy because I'm not hitting it.  I work evenings so I can have help with my kids, but now I'm having to flex days as well to try to meet these lines (horrible ESL and losing a lot of my blank lines ha ...

Former MDI/Transcenders - Oddity On W2 Received Today
Feb 02, 2011

On line 12b there is an amount (which is actually my total income minus the social security and medicare withholding) with a "W" code.   The "W" code is associated with employer contributions to a HSA (which didn't happen).  Anyone else see this on their W2? ...

Transcenders - Anyone Use Shortcut For Windows Instead Of Shorthand
Sep 01, 2011

... just curious!  TIA!!!  ...

Question For Transcenders: Lots Of Work?
Oct 22, 2011

I have an interview with Transcend on Monday and have read conflicting stories on this board about whether or not Transcend MTs run out of work.  Some you are saying you never run out; some say they hardly ever run out, and some say running out of work is a problem for them.  What's the story on this?  Also, how is the health insurance?  Thanks for any info you have!  ...

How Many Transcenders Finding Their Work Totally
Dec 01, 2012

this just the beginning?  Accounts we know aren't just "slow," but work is poof, totally gone?  What is going on here?  Any ideas?  ...

Question For Transcenders & MDIers Re The 8-hour Weekend Day
Nov 30, 2009

Does anyone know if the 8-hour per weekend day requirement stated in the "handbook" online applies to part-time people?  Did anyone ask about this in the conference call?  Do they really expect people to work every single weekend and never have one off unless they schedule it off?  Most places I know even full-time people work say one weekend a month or every other weekend.  I don't know any place that requires someone to commit to one weekend day every single weekend.&n ...

Question For Transcenders Whose Acct Has Moved From BS To BeyondText
Feb 09, 2011

Once your primary moved to the new platform, did you still have access to Bayscribe to work on your secondaries when work was low?  And were you told there were certain requirements you must meet in order to move with your account to BeyondText? ...

Any Transcenders Notice Their Prior Paystubs Listed
Jan 24, 2013

deduction totals?  There used to be a running ytd total of insurance deductions and on these stubs showing in new Nuance self-serve, the info is missing?  I noticed when I went to do taxes and was looking for the total.  ...

READY TO GO!!
Apr 13, 2010

Has anyone quit and been able to collect unemployment?  I am just about ready to call it a day, good-by, farewell.   ...

Ready, Set....
Oct 03, 2010

Getting ready to begin testing for a part-time position I REALLY need...Wish me luck! Ready, set....GO!!! ...

Ready To Cry!
Dec 23, 2010

My clinic that I type for just started MTs on editing. I have lost almost $200 in pay on just 1 check until I can somehow double my over 1200 lines I already type a day! Sorry, I just needed to vent before I just bust out crying. ...

Ready To Run 2
Jul 08, 2011

I'm just scared to death of jumping from the frying pain into the fire.  I know there have to be better companies out there.  I work on 15+ accounts, make no money to speak of, my boss makes me feel guilty if I want 2 hours off, forgets to send me e-mails that she sends everyone else, changed my PTO after it was already approved, and I could go on.  Today may be notice day after 12 years with this company. ...

RE: I Have Already Been Getting Ready And Will
Apr 27, 2012

http://the99spring.com/ How exactly will you differentiate between staff who are legitimately sick and those who are not?  I can't wait for all the EEOC, wage, unemployment, etc., claims to start as well as the legal jeopardy that your company can and will face in the event of unlawful termination.  The legal clinics will be very busy.  You would be very surprised at the resources that exist for the poor. They just don't know about them. Yet that is. Oh what an ...