A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Other Coding Forums - InfoPlease

Posted: Dec 26, 2013

Glad tidings to all!  Does anyone know of any other forums with info and insights on coding?  Not looking for AAPC or AHIMA forums, but other chat/group forums. 

Yahoo - has some

[ In Reply To ..]
you could check out. Go to site and look for groups.

Coding forums - Anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
When a question is asked, why can't people just answer the question instead of all the attitude? I've seen it many other times. Someone asks a simple question and people get off on a tangent.

You cant even see what she said - but you are critical!

[ In Reply To ..]
Just amazing! You can't see what she said, but you are accusing her of getting "off on a tangent"?

Critical - Anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that no one answered the question. I wasn't being "critical," only making an observation

Well, it's obvious - that the real reason

[ In Reply To ..]
for the question was to get something stirred up. There is one lonely Yahoo answer forgotten down at the bottom. That was ignored while a cascade of bickering and blaming went on its merry way. Bored?

Yes, it is obvious - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It is also obvious that the bickering was started by the usual anti-coding faction of one, possibly two, people.

That is why we don't have a coding board here ... the trolls are always lying in wait under the bridge.

If these people hate coding so much, why don't they just stay the heck away from it?

Alas, reading all this bickering is the reason WHY I am interested in joining other forums! - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Its been a few days since I posted my question, and as I have been extremely busy with work, AS AN MT, as well as taking coding exams, nearing the end of a program, I had not had the opportunity (or the desire truthfully) to jump back and read any responses. Geeze, the bickering is ridiculous.

That's probably for the best - student

[ In Reply To ..]
As I stated above, not very many coders use this forum.

Similar Messages:

Another Day On The Forums
Jun 13, 2012

Someone will say she has no work and/or is only earning minimum wage.  Someone else will come in and claim to be making tons of money, tons! straight typing all day long, plenty of work.  The thread will turn ugly and get nuked.  Let's go! ...

Are The Forums Down
Aug 16, 2013

My friend on the east coast too can't access any of the forums. ...

MTSOs Using What You Say On Forums Like This Against You
Jun 15, 2010

I'm not an MTSO, never was, and never would be if I could help it. In one of the threads below someone mentioned that some larger MTSOs hold it against someone if they post something on a forum like this. I put myself in the position of the MTSO for a moment. What would I do if someone contacted me and told me that one of the MTs that was working for me was trashing me on a public forum. I would go look at it. If I knew who they were, I wouldn't send them any additional work. It wouldn ...

Forums Question
Jul 09, 2013

It used to be, when I read notes on the forum, the subject line would turn a different color after I read them. That's not happening anymore, and I'm having trouble remembering what I read and what I didn't. ...

I Wish There Was A Like/dislike Button On These Forums! Nm
Apr 01, 2011

. ...

Are Posts On MT School Forums All Legitimate?
May 06, 2010

This might be a foolish question, but are all the posts on MT school forums for real?  I won't mention the school, but it seems that after several complaints about MT work, there's a sudden rush of "look how much money I'm making" posts.  Seems a little too good to be true.  Are there really people out there pulling in some good funds, or is this more like advertising for the school/MT industry? ...

I Was Just Over At Several Forums For Nurses And They Are Having Trouble Getting Jobs
Oct 30, 2011

One new nurse was told that her skills are stale and she needs to go through a "refresher" course, which costs $2,000 before she will be able to get a job. Another one has been looking for work for 6 months with no luck. I went over there to see if people in other kinds of work eat their young as MTs sometimes do. I thought maybe everyone else was happy and enjoying successful careers. Apparently not. These are tough times. I think sometimes we generalize so much that we depress each other. N ...

Text On Forums Showing Up Weak
Feb 12, 2015

Does anyone know why when I'm typing in the message field here, the font is coming out rather light and choppy? Example: Part of the "f" letter is missing. (All the letters have an issue.) This happens on my computer as well as another computer in my household--so it's not something with just my computer. The Subject field, Nickname/Alias field and E-mail field type out fine. The final product after physically submitting is showing up fine. ...

The Problem I Have Been Reading About On Blogs And Forums
Apr 14, 2015

I have noticed a trend in people who studied outpatient coding and realized it wasn't enough. It's not easy to find training in just inpatient, so those people appear to be stuck. They had the outpatient training, but aren't finding jobs as easily as if they had both outpatient and inpatient.  ...

Any Other VLC Students Having Problems With Accessing Grades,forums Etc.
Dec 23, 2009

Haven't got any feedback from instructors in weeks and any emails to them are returned with "permanent fatal errors". Found 2 other students with the same problem as of today. Would like to know if there are any others. If anyone is affiliated with the VLC school on here I would greatly appreciate some answers. I'm getting really frustrated because I'm nearing the end of the course and have invested $1500.oo and almost 2 years of my time. To wind up with nothing to show for it at ...

Hired For Coding/billing/transcription, But Told No Coding
Aug 13, 2013

Accepted a job, gave 2 weeks notice, and yesterday was my first day.  I was to be helping out transcription (1000 jobs behind), and then sitting with billing and training with coding as their coder will be out on maternity leave in December.  The office is adding another surgeon, and they are rapidly expanding.  So I gave a proper 2 weeks' notice to my former employer (2 hours on the road there and back, low salary - now less than half distance and $3 more an hour) and starte ...

Certification In Coding Or AA Degree In Coding??
May 11, 2010

Is there really such a thing as an AA degree in coding?  Sounds odd to me.  Health administration or management, or RHIT I can see, but coding? Is it not better to just become Certified even if you dont have an AA degree? ...

Coding School - Fate Of Coding Due To EMR
Apr 10, 2012

Wondering if there are any coders out there who can give me an idea of the fate of coding due to the EMR. Are there still coding jobs out there? Would it be wise to attend school for coding at this point or do you think it will be lost to the EMR eventually? I live in a rural area and there are advertisements for registered/accredited coders at medical facilities, but I'm afraid of spending all that time and money on schooling only to not be able to find a job. Any information/insight w ...

Coding :: Thinking About Changing From MT To Coding
Oct 07, 2013

I am thinking about changing from MT to coding.  Are there many opportunities to work from home with coding?  What would be a good school to attend? Thank you for the help. ...

Do I Need To Take An Actual Coding Course To Learn Coding?
Feb 26, 2014

My sister is taking an online coding course and complains that there is no real "teaching," that she's basically just doing the work in the work book and entering answers online, then taking an online chapter test.  This makes me wonder about the necessity of signing up for an actual course.  I would like to learn how to code, but to me, without any actual instruction, what's the purpose of signing up for one of these online courses? ...

Coding :: Age Restriction On New Coding Students?
Apr 15, 2014

Anyone know if MM has an age restriction on new coding students? ...

Which Coding Workbook Does Your Coding Program Use
May 20, 2014

Thanks for your response.  ...

MT To Coding
Sep 27, 2010

I've been an MT for going on 8 years now, and I've been throwing around the idea of taking a coding class. I would really like to have something else to fall back on, as it seems that MT'ing is going more and more to VR. There's a local coding class that begins in January for $1700, but I wanted to get some feedback of current coders before signing up. Is the demand for coders still fairly high? Is it hard to find a job as a newbie, even with already having experience in the ...

Is Coding The Way To Go?!
Jan 19, 2011

I have almost 12 years experience as an MT (turn 30 in a month ACK!)  My mom has been telling me for a couple years now (since it started going downhill) that I should maybe think about coding as a career.  I guess she thinks I'd be good at it, but I have no idea.  I have just started my research but I thought I would kind of get some pros and cons about it see if anyone had advice or thoughts on anyone thinking about it.  I always feel like I'm too old to start som ...

What Do You (did You) Like Best About Your Coding Course?
Dec 27, 2011

What was the best thing about the coding course you took? Did it prepare you for the CCS and CPC exams or maybe just the CCA? Did you take any of those exams and did you pass or fail them?  What course did you take? Did you think it was hard or easy? You don't need to answer all of the questions, but maybe a couple of them. Thanks.  ...

I Keep Looking At Coding, Considering It But........
Feb 11, 2012

there's just ONE little thing that keeps me doubting the possibility of it being a long-term career: I keep seeing more and more ads every week for "at home coders".  Does this make you at least a little nervous?  It makes me a LOT nervous.  We all know that once MTs started working from home, the MT field went into a tailspin, pay-wise, because "work-at-home" seems to translate into "work-in-India", instead.  Also I see some ads for MTSOs that also offer coding.  ...

E&M Coding?
Apr 16, 2012

Is Evaluation and management coding hard to learn? ...

Coding Vs MT, What To Do....
May 10, 2012

I am generally pretty good at making my own decisions; however, I need advice on what to do in this situation. I am currently an MT making $55,000-$60,000 year. The last few years MT work slowed down due to VR/EMR and it was harder and harder to replace lost accounts. While I was looking for another client/MTSO to fill the gap last year, I took a college course for coding and passed the CPC thinking I would have a back-up plan if needed; however, I found more MT work shortly after passing the C ...

How Did You Get Your First Coding Job?
Aug 14, 2012

I passed the CCS and CPC exam 8 months ago but have yet to find a job :(.  I busted my bu** to become a certified coder, and now that I am one, no one will hire me without experience.  I live in a small town.  We have one hospital.  I applied and was flat out told they cannot hire coders without minimum 2 years experience.  I asked if I could volunteer or job shadow and they said no.  No jobs there in HIM at all.  Our local medical clinic has a coding company t ...

Coding As An Art: Another Way To Look At Coding
Oct 12, 2012

I think it's a good artcile about coding and will give you a glimpse into it too. ...

Is Coding Going To Go The Same Way As MT?
Jul 09, 2013

Before I take this leap of faith into coding school, will the EHR/VR technology be sinking the coding ship too?   ...

Help With Coding Course
Jul 21, 2013

Can anyone help out with a basics coding course I am taking? ...

Be Sure You Know What You're Getting Into With The Coding
Mar 12, 2014

Just got an e-mail from my manager stating that if you get accepted into the program, all money paid while training will have to be paid back if you do not complete or pass the course or if you pass and do not stay with the company for 24 months following completion of the training. You also still have to work your regular number of hours. If you can't get your homework done in the 20 paid hours, then you will have to do it on your own time. ...

Considering Coding And Have
May 14, 2014

I've seen lots of people ask questions about coding, but I have some questions I haven't seen asked before and was hoping somebody could answer them.  I'd hate to go to school for something and then learn the hard way that I hate the job.  BTDT and don't want to do it again! -What do you like best about coding? -What do you hate about coding? -What is the most stressful part of the job? -What kinds of people would like coding? Thanks in advance for any answers ...

So I'm Trying To Get Out Of MT And Was Considering Coding
May 19, 2015

based on reading here that they prepare you for the CCS, which is know is pretty much mandatory .  Anyway, what I read there about their coding program sounded really good, but then I read about their transcription program.  I now have lost respect for this school.  How can I believe what they say about coding when they tout medical transcription as still being a good career?   I know I work for the notoriously WORST of the worst company, Nuance, but I think all MT companie ...