A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Discussions about - pay

Posted: Mar 11, 2014

They were "discussing" $20 to $30 an hour? If you complete the training and you are offered $12.50, what ya gonna do?  You are signing on for 2 years.

I wonder if they will divulge that info - to those who pass the A/P test

[ In Reply To ..]
Who would commit to doing this without knowing the apprenticeship pay and then the actual pay once that is completed?

well ... um.... - of course

[ In Reply To ..]
this is a pilot program, and ummm, any discussion of that would be premature, and umm ... of course that would depend on your SPEED and accuracy.

Then the only people who will do it - will not exactly be the

[ In Reply To ..]
cream of the crop.

I'm sorry but no one with a modicum of intelligence will agree to the program without knowing at least the apprenticeship pay and a range for pay after completion.

well . . . um . . . - this is a remarkable
[ In Reply To ..]
opportunity . . . and umm . . yes we did originally project $20 to $30 an hour, but um . . . we did TRAIN you, and you will (probably) eventually be skilled enough for our $15/hr tier. . .
no one with a modicum of intelligence would stay on as an MT - after this announcement
[ In Reply To ..]
obviously they are phasing you out. I see the writing on the wall loud and clear. They are NOT investing in MT's any longer. Only coders.
I don't agree with that. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Personally, I will stay until they sink to the bottom. That way I will get UE and free retraining (which comes with such things).

A much different story than accepting a job where you have no clue what the pay is.

Doing that sounds great, but results in a - net loss over time
[ In Reply To ..]
Let's see... stay in a minimum wage job until you are let go, then get more minimum wage (if not less), plus not-guaranteed retraining, and have no guarantee of being hired.

Or, spend 2.5 years in a training program WITH pay at 20-30 an hour, after which you can walk out the door and into a 45K or more job.

I would choose the second option.
Oh, you assumed I made minimum wage. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I make about $16/hr. I am on a really good account with a great supervisor.

We don't all make minimum wage. That is a false assumption.

So, I like my plan.
Recalculation - Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
OK, 16 per hour until you get let go, followed by minimum income UE and some kind of training, followed by possibly being unemployed.

Versus ... 20-30 for2 years followed by ... well, let's see an actual example. How about me?

$43.86, 40 hours per week, overtime available, further education paid for.

Sorry to be confusing. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I am going to take the A/P test, if I pass and am one of the chosen few(which I am cocky and think I will) and they don't tell us how much it is going to pay, then I probably won't do the program. Though I have been known to leap into a fire every now and then blindly.

If I don't get into the program or choose not to participate, I am not leaving MModal. It works for me and I can afford to ride it out (I understand not everyone can).

Personally, I like MModal for the most part and I think this coder program could turn out to be fantastic for many (maybe I will be one of them). However, I was an MT trainer for years and about 50% of all new MTs washed out. I am going to assume Coding has a similar number. So some people who leap before they look are going to get burned.

I don't mind meticulous, tedious tasks, but some people will end up in this program who realize they aren't one of those people but jumped in out of fear of their MT jobs going away and find themselves stuck.

I guess my point is and has been in every post I have made, that great thought should be given before committing to this program and not doing it out of fear. Also, I stand by the statement that you would have to be mentally deficient to accept this program/job without knowing the pay.

Similar Messages:

Why Are The Laptop Discussions Always Being Deleted?
May 16, 2011

nm ...

Suggestion To Aid With Income-related Discussions.
Aug 10, 2012

I've noticed that we need some sort of standard reference or metric to use when we talk about income-related issues, and this metric should not merely reference dollars (or cents), but should relate this to <i>a unit of time</i>.  At the end of the day, it's how much you earned per unit of time that really matters, and this the only sort of metric that takes into account all of the variables that a mere monetary reference such as "line rate" does not. The line rate pa ...

The Discussions On Cherry Picking Have Been Very Eye Opening. This Industry
Feb 15, 2010

nm ...