A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

is there anything good about MedQuist??? - kurious

Posted: Aug 03, 2010

I have been sending and posting my résumé all over the place and yesterday got an e-mail from the recruiters at MedQuist. Everything i've seen about them is absolutely horrible, but I know too that when you leave a company you rarely have anything good to say about it. So, i'm just wondering if there are any pros to working with them, if it would be a step up for me maybe? Right now I have one year of experience, make 6 cpl and I make my own schedule. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks :)

Pay is better than that, and always on time nm - StickingAroundForNow

[ In Reply To ..]

Doubt the pay at MQ will be more than that for 1 year exp. nm - Probably not

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

They can pay 20 cpl, but if there are NJA, doesn't - make any difference.

[ In Reply To ..]
Just finished mopping the floor. Keep "checking back" to see if there is a job.

MedQuist - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't work for MedQuist and I never have, but I read the posts on the MedQuist board. I don't believe that all the negative posts are coming from past employees of MedQuistwith negative feelings. Seems to me it's more like VERY unhappy current employees that are near a breaking point. If I was looking for a job, I would not work there unless I was ABSOLUTELY desperate and about to lose everything. MedQuist, IMO, does not sound like a "step-up" but I guess that depends on where you're coming from.

Find MedQuist on "jobvent.com" - anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]

MQ to work - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
There are pros and cons about any of these on-line companies. They pay on time and are helpful in may ways. Just depends on whether you are supporting yourself. Speech Rec. is the future and it is here. Guess we just have to learn to deal with it and try to be the best we can be with it.

Not the same place since CBAY buy-out. Run away. - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Medquist - anything good - Alumni

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel for your plight, but I feel no one should take a job with MQ. Let them know what a horrible rep they have and cannot get people to work for them. You should state that to the recruciter. Tell her about all the horrible things that are said about MQ. NOW, if you are desperate for a job, I understand, but there are other companies out there who are about par with Medquist, but not Medquist. If I had to settle, I would take one of them, just to have something and then look elsewhere. Medquist should be boycotted in every sense of the word and no one should go to work for them. I almost took a job with Spheris last year and then read up on it and I wrote that recruiter and told her how dare she misrepresent such a horrible company. It wasn't but a few months later and they filed for bankruptcy. Please look elsewhere. They will suck you in and then dump on you and you will be thrown to the curb and have to start looking all over again. Of course, if you like to be degraded, doing nothing but ESLs and voice and be picked to death by QA and work for next to nothing, then by all means apply!

BTW, good luck to you. We all know what you are going through and it ain't fun!

Well said! - Well done. So agree! NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Take a closer look. Most of the negative posts - are by people who still work there. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

The ones who don't work here have a life now and aren't - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
on this board. They are busy working and then out spending what they made! :)

how much is your schedule worth to you - lockdown and NJA

[ In Reply To ..]
Now MQ has started lockdown which means you are locked out of the system unless it is during your scheduled hours (which you don't get to pick, they are picked for you). Then because there is usually NJA (no jobs available) during a portion of your predetermined schedule you get the priviledge of taking the rest of your shift with no pay, using your precious PTO or trying to make up the hours at a different time. I know MTs that sit at the computer for 12+ hours trying to work 6-8 hours. Once again, how much is the schedule that you determined worth to you? If it works for you I would keep on looking, there is no such thing as flexibility here.

what region has lockdown - Thought it was a no-go

[ In Reply To ..]
Geez... our region taunted us with it for months! Lockdown is coming! Lockdown this week! Lockdown changed to next month! Lockdown coming soon! Lockdown is here!

Lockdown happened for all of a minute and then work built up super quick... huge backlog... then poof, lockdown disappeared!

This must be another one of their "8th time right" programs...

My son makes more working as a lifeguard. - And he loves his job and no stress, NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Here's my $0.02 on working at MQ after 15+ years - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
MQ has its drawbacks, however I have chosen to sit tight for the short time I have until retirement. I'm P/T with health insurance from outside MQ and no kids at home, so my needs might be a lot different from yours.

PROS:
1. Have never had a late or inaccurate paycheck.
2. Have been on the same primary account for years, and it almost never runs out of work.
3. Am working a schedule I chose for myself.
4. CCM and QA are user-friendly.
5. I think the transcription/editing part of the DQS platform is easy to learn and use (but see below for ADT issues). Online training for platform upgrades is well designed. ASR maybe less well designed, but still very usable.

CONS:
1. After 15+ years I make 1 cpl more than my starting line rate. This is at Tier 3 with no failed audits and no other performance problems.
2. As the work of the easier dictators goes offshore or into front-end editing, my production and pay have gone down steadily, year over year.
3. I think we spend way too much time verifiying and correcting ADT ("demographic") information, which should be done by medical records people and not MT/MEs. We can be fired immediately if we make an error on one that equates to a HIPPA violation.
4. PTO often not approved until last minute, so very difficult to make any plans to use it.
5. The "FTR" program, which penalizes us for sending work to QA, is draconian, although it hasn't affected me personally (yet).
6. Q/A standards are inconsistent (one auditor will ding you for something that another won't). Also unnecessarily nitpicky. Flagging things that even my college Freshman Composition teacher would have let pass.
7. Management making promises they don't keep. E.g., premium pay for difficult dictators (never saw a cent), promotional opportunities as Customer Team Lead (a few months later this classification was eliminated and they were all reduced to MMEs. Couldn't even go back to MT/ME). New incentive program to replace old one (still waiting).
8. They stopped matching employee 401K contributions a few years ago claiming financial hardship, yet they paid a "special cash dividend" to shareholders of $2.75 per share on 7/25/2008, and of $1.33 on 9/2/2009.

BOTTOM LINE: If you are getting steady work where you are, consistent accounts, constructive QA feedback, regular paychecks, you like the people you interface with, and your employer has a good reputation, you might want to consider it the proverbial "bird in the hand." MQ might offer you a higher line rate, but if you get a lot of NJA or cesspool accounts, your bottom line will probably be worse than where you are now.

Hope this has helped.

Anything good about Medquist? - dovestar

[ In Reply To ..]
Anything good about Medquist? Hmmm.
Looked under a rock. Nothing there.
Looked in a hard place. Nothing there either.
Must be somewhere between the two.

I like it. - tuna

[ In Reply To ..]
I get steady work from MQ and they leave me alone. I love being able to look up past reports and dictator samples. The pay is about the best I could find when I was looking. Overall, I'm happy with them.

I can't complain - Sunflower

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with tuna. I too get steady work and the type of work I love to do and they leave me alone...no drama.

I had steady work until July 1. - Went from night to day.

[ In Reply To ..]
I had my primary, no drama, steady work. Then July 1, 2010 came around.

Went from 24 hours a week down to 10-12 a week because of constant NO JOBS AVAILABLE in the evening and some weekends. No more PTO time to take because of NJA. Lots of drama. Obviously they are trying to get me to quit. Been with the company for years.
I've never had NJA, work 40 hours/week. - tuna
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry you aren't getting much work.
I used to never have NJA. I just tried to be - invisible and work, but recently
[ In Reply To ..]
it has been much more common. A couple of hours today was NJA. Wonder where the work is going?
That is what I want to know. Doing just fine - and then out of the blue
[ In Reply To ..]
trying to fight to get work.

I think some of the work on my primary is moving to India. I think accounts this fall are up for renewal. Good Luck to all.
my primary is up for renewal - NJA Queen
[ In Reply To ..]
I know my primary is up for renewal and since the latest CCM switch the work has trickled to almost nonexistant. They have given me a ton of excuses but not the truth. Based on the lack of work coming in it does not take a brain surgeon to realize that the client is probably testing another company on the side and if they like the new company the work for us will stop completely. They don't want a mass exodus of MTs in a panic so they just tell us to hang in there, be patient, the servers are having problems, change your hours (but there is no work no matter what I change my schedule to) but God forbid we move you MTs to an account that actually needs help. I have lost my primary 3 other times so I have been through this before. For once I just wish for some honesty.
Amen! Glad you posted this. - I wonder if we have the same CCM.
[ In Reply To ..]
Moved with my primary just recently. I was told I would have more work in the evenings.

Just quite the opposite. Run out of work at 11PM.

Asked to be moved back to old CCM who has work. All I get is the run around.

Glad you have work. It just turned - snap of finger with no work. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
If I did not know any better, I must be on their hit list to try and get me to quit. Been with company for years and probably make too much in their eyes, yet I think I am grossly underpaid. I am even a CMT with 99.6% audits and basically no reports sent to QA.

re: Medquist - skinny minnie

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, you've gotta realize this forum is mostly where people come to VENT their frustrations and life and job woes. It is unlikely you'll find anything good here, and if someone posts something positive regarding this company, they are targeted as a "suit, liar, flamer, instigator..."

Now, as for ME. I have been working with MQ for 12 years, tier 3. I TRANSCRIBE and occasionally edit. I work 5 days a week, 40 hours. I ALWAYS HAVE WORK. I have no problems, no drama, make steady, consistently good pay and my CCM AND RTL and anybody I have to contact readily answer my calls, address my questions and give reliable, helpful information.

I LOVE working the hours I do (late afternoon into early evening), once in a while I work a weekend because we get backed up on weekends, but that's part of this type of job.

FOR ME, there is no drama, consistent work and good pay.

NOW, as for this forum... I RARELY come here because it's so depressing!

All I can tell you is to give MQ a try. Afterall, you'll never know how it will suit you if you don't give it a shot. Asking this forum is like asking a vegan how they like the steak at a new restaurant in town!

~Meena

forgive me...but - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
How many butts did you have to kiss in order to maintain this unheard of status quo for the Q as of late? Just wonderin'...I refuse to stoop to a certain level, maybe if I had I would get consistent work as well. Is it quality work you are getting; clear speaking, English as a first language, long consults, or short nail biter ESL cardiac cath EEGs all day? With the CCMs in control, there is an imbalance of work distribution, and I believe its according to who is more willing to pucker up.

right... and how the heck did she not have to work weekends? - disbelief

[ In Reply To ..]
Whatever! It will change for her too! Then we will see one more poster on this board saying "where is all the work, why do I have to work all weekend, my paycheck sucks..."
Thanks for writing this you 2. I thought I was the - only one with no jobs.NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
re: disbelief - skinny minnie
[ In Reply To ..]
I have had for years and years a weekend job. That's why I don't "have to" work weekends with MQ, though, AS I DID SAY, I will occasionally work a weekend to help out. (after my weekend job, guess I should have been crystal clear for you darlin')

It's such a shame that when a person is happy in their job they can't say so on MTSTARS.

You responded negatively, just as predicted.

My work here is done. Goodbye (riddance). âº
re: disbelief - SanDee
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh yeah... I'd be all like, hey, I want your job 'cause you don't do anything, and in exchange, you can have my job 'cause I have good work. What a dumb thing to say.

Why in the world do ppl incinerate ppl who like their job and have work? Why don't you let them have their say too?
You all are like the "mean girls" that no one liked in school, always bullys 'cause others were more popular or happier.

I have work and like MQ too, does that mean I can't be your friend?

re: sm - skinny minnie

[ In Reply To ..]
You're forgiven sweetie.

No stooping, no kissin...

The quality of my work, I'd imagine is just like yours.

And, true to form, the flaming begins!

Wow! - You are soooo lucky.

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a CMT and been with company back in the days with Medifax/Secrephone,MRC Group and here I am today, over 20 years.

I think I must make too much as they are trying to get me to quit.

Kept to myself, did my work. On their best list and then POOF. All gone. They are giving me a hassle, making me work all weekends or else. Already work the night shift. They do not even try to move to another group that has a lot of work with late jobs.

Their loss.

re: skinny minnie - former mngr

[ In Reply To ..]
A lot of people might not realize that there were people hired into this company through a different process than others.

I have worked for MT for 8 years now. They purchased our little transcription company. I was a partner in that business. I have a master degree in health info and medical records technology. When they bought us, we were signed on initially as consultants while our accounts were in transition.

I signed a CONTRACT with MQ with a salary and provisions and conditions under which I would work. I know a lot of the MTs out there may think this is unfair and perhaps I am given special treatment, but I believe my circumstances and the Qs desire to purchase our business allows for that treatment.

I am fortunate that I was able to negotiate what I deem to be appropriate compensation for myself, my partner as well as the little staff that came along with us.

It is not a unique situation by any stretch. Think about all the small companies across the US that MQ is buying out, consider the level of expertise that many of the owners, managers and employees are bringing in. It would be only logical that MQ negotiate incentive to keep those people happy.

One of the provisions we came on with was that our staff be taken care of as long as they stayed on. That means consistent work. We have all trained on and work VR platforms.

Its shameful that a lot of companies simply sold out, lock, stock and barrel without the owners taking their staff into consideration.

I just wanted to throw this out there, to those who wonder why some have work consistently. Sorry if it angers some.

Oh! Thanks for the info. - I am not useful then.

[ In Reply To ..]
Been with this company since 1989. Never applied anywhere, just once and here I am today.

So, basically I am sitting here with no work. After what you wrote above, then this company that I have worked over 20 years and worked weekends for them, would get calls in the middle of the night to do their stats, been employee of the month 6 times basically want me to quit.

If they wanted me to stay, I would think they would treat me fairly and give me work. Since I do not have work and have to talked to 5 different managers about this situation and all they say is, "We are looking into it" for the last month, they obviously want me to quit.

Am I angry? Just very, very disappointed that I have been stupid to stay this long. This says a lot to me about this company and how it runs. After 20 years, I get 5 days of PTO and it is gone because of NJA. Most people working in health care after 20 years gets 2-6 weeks of vacation and much better benefits while this company offers NONE.

Thanks! I cannot believe you sold out to a company like this.
re: not useful - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
How can you be employee of the month 6 times when you've got no work??? Pleeeeze.

Back in 1996, 1998, 1999 twice, 2000, - and 2001.
[ In Reply To ..]
Like I said, I have worked for this company since 1989.

I have had work. Liked MQ. Since July 1, we keep running out of jobs in my group.

re: former mngr - scully

[ In Reply To ..]
I never thought of it that way. I worked for a local company that was bought out by MQ, but the MTs were left in the dust. I applied through the MQ site, I was not given a job when they bought out our company. I never heard a peep out of the owner of the company where I worked, except "bye and thank you for your service, good luck, make sure you our stapler on your desks when you leave"

This is true - Same with friend of mine

[ In Reply To ..]
A friend of mine worked in-house for a hospital that made the decision to outsource to MQ. There were many stipulations made in the outsourcing contract; i.e., keeping on current staff, no pay cuts, keeping them on the hospital accounts as their primary accounts, etc. She never has NJA and everything else has stayed status quo. She has told me it's just like working for the hospital, except her paycheck is issued by MQ.

I think you're right; it comes down to whether the company selling to MQ or the facility outsourcing to MQ cares enough about their staff to make provisions for them. Apparently when MQ wants to obtain something, be it a company or an account, they can be very agreeable to whatever stipulations are put in front of them.

I know what you mean....I do well with MQ too - scared to post

[ In Reply To ..]
I hate to post anything nice about MQ on this board because I know this board is for venting (at least that's how it has turned out) and I have nothing bad to say about MQ.

Like you, I get 40 hours, don't work weekends and have no NJA. No drama, CCM is nice if I ever need to contact her.

I hesitated to work for MQ because of the bad posts on this board...but I was pleasantly surprised.

Suspect I will be flamed now too. ;)

Not flaming. You are very fortunate. - Very lucky.

[ In Reply To ..]
Just time for me to look elsewhere. Cannot survive 10-15 hours a week and then I get yelled at for not having 24 hours in because of no jobs available.

MQ - okay shoot

[ In Reply To ..]
This post is old now so maybe I won't get flamed, but I love my job with MQ. I have a great CCM and QTL, always have work and love the flexibility of working at home.

There are many posts here expressing suspicion about who gets what work, and I believe it may be true; attitude may have something to do with it as well as being inflexible about SR and scheduling.

Commence flaming.
Gee, my attitude has always been great. - Get compliments from bosses.
[ In Reply To ..]
Yet, I sit here tonight with no work.

Glad you get to make money. Happy for you and wish you the very best.

MQ - Tink

[ In Reply To ..]
I think working at MQ is just like any other job....the good and bad kind of waxes and wanes. I've had great accounts with steady work where I've been able to make great line counts, and I've had times where there has been lots of NJA or cruddy accounts (or both simultaneously). I've gone through several CCMs in the 6 years I've been with MQ, but they've all been nice. My pay has gone down this year due to being switched to a cruddy account, but wait long enough and the accounts will be changed again!! =)

After I got switched to this account and was frustrated by lower pay, I started applying elsewhere. I was really disappointed because a lot of places aren't so flexible in their scheduling and the pay isn't that much different than what I'm making at MQ (in some cases, VR pay starts a lot lower than MQ). I decided to stay here and slog through with this familiar beast for the time being, knowing that at least MQ actually pays on time, than to take a leap into the unknown and take a chance on a much worse situation. Sometimes the grass is greener, but sometimes it isn't. =)

Similar Messages:

Can Any Employee Tell Me Something Good About Medquist.
Apr 30, 2010

nm ...

Medquist? Good Or Bad To Work For??
Aug 26, 2010

Any information on this company?  Good or Bad to work for?? ...

Has Anyone Ever Tried To Buy Their Medquist Computer From Medquist
Jul 18, 2011

????? ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

Good Friday; Good Bye Spheris
Apr 02, 2010

Well Good Friday to me.  I left Spheris.  It is indeed the best Friday for me in a very long time.  I've had it with their lousy platform, Mafia QA (they try their best to kill your spirit), mandatory this, mandatory that, do this, don't do that, change this, don't change that; no, don't change this, don't change that, and on and on and on, and now their bankruptcy.  No PTO for the next 4 months to keep the clients satisfied during ...

Medquist HR
Jan 20, 2010

I was wondering if someone can give me the email address of human resources.  I used to work for Medquist and I left due to not having any work about a year ago.  I am looking at contacting someone someone in HR to see if I could possibly work for them again if possible.  Thanks ...

Gee, Thanks Medquist For Getting Rid Of MT's.
Feb 28, 2010

Yes, I know, THINGS HAVE CHANGED AND NEED TO GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND ACCEPT CHANGE!  That is why I am getting out of this profession and going back to school. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-launches-ehr-integration-for-dictations-associated-with-template-based-clinical-documentation-85476462.html MEDQUIST HAS THEIR OWN EPIC SYSTEM COMING OUT.  GETS RID OF DICTATION. MedQuist Launches EHR Integration for Dictations Associated with Template-based Clinical Documentat ...

Who Is New To Medquist?
Mar 01, 2010

How long did it take you to get up and running with the Q?  Why are they hiring?  I have been asked twice to test with them, but I always see NJA on this board!  Do you have plenty of work since you started, and how long has that been?  I don't want to go through the testing and hiring process and then sit there with no work available. ...

Medquist Cpl
Jun 17, 2010

I work for Spheris but was bought out by Medquist and I was wondering if anyone knows their cpl on TR and SR.   I have 2-1/2 years experience with Spheris.  THANKS!  ...

For MedQuist ASR, How Do You
Dec 09, 2010

synchronize text with speech/speech with text? I tried ctrl+M and ctrl+shift+M and nothing happens. What trick am I missing? I am trying to put yellow highlight in sync with the where I am at in the text on very long report.  Thank you ...

New To Medquist
Jan 10, 2011

Hi.  I am new to MedQuist.  Can people out there who do not hate the company please tell me if they have had a good experience or not?  So far, I am worried that I will not be able to make decent money, but I am hoping that when my speed improves, that will not be the case.  I have many, many years of experience, so that is not the issue.  Sound quality seems to be a problem, and I am finding that editing takes an inordinate amount of time.  I am a fast typist, so I ...

Job Op With Medquist
Feb 13, 2011

I currently work for a company that pays pretty much the same as Medquist.  I hardly have to deal with ESL docs and if I work my butt off I can make some decent money.  I'm very reluctant to quit my current job and work for Medquist after reading some of these posts.  I have no idea what kind of account Medquist is going to assign me to which has me nervous.  Also I'm about to be a single mom and I'm very worried about making the wrong decision.  ...

Medquist Pay
Mar 29, 2011

Does anyone know if Medquist pay is by VBC lines? ...

My Former Job At Medquist
Mar 30, 2011

Good afternoon all.  I left for SoCal in early August to care for an elderly family member and let my supervisor know about 3 weeks in advance but never heard a word from her.  I was flex-part-time.  We got back to NC about 3 weeks ago, and I'm going nuts trying to find a job.  Would you believe I received a termination notice in late October after not having worked August, September, or October?  What took them so long?  I was going to ask if anything had imp ...

If I Ran MedQuist
Jul 10, 2011

If I ran MedQuist:  Pay Rate:  No Tier 1, 2, 3.  All MQ MTs would have to be Tier 3 and paid as such.  Starting off at 9cpl with cost of living increases.  ASR rate would be paid 25% less MT rate.  25%!!!!!!!  Minimums:  Minimums will be set up at $$ amount each day, ASR or MT lines, daily minimum must me met at least 4/5 days worked and will be set at $100.00 (based on the new pay rate would be doable). Incentive:  Absolutely floors me this is a p ...

What Medquist Is Doing To Us
Jul 12, 2011

I want everyone to think about what Medquist is doing.  It does not matter what your job is for this company, they are systematically getting rid of the US employees because it comes down to the almighty dollar for this company.   It is not a US based company, the upper echelon is India.  This company sold out to its US workers long ago.  Shame on Medquist, but that is what they did.  It will not matter if we stay or go, they will be fine.  What each of us has ...

About MedQuist
Aug 12, 2011

Does anyone have anything good to say about MedQuiist? ...

Thank You Medquist
Aug 12, 2011

For once again proving to me how idiotic your polices and practices are. Heads up to all those who recently left the Q employment. Be wary of your exit interview. I received a phone call from a Private No., which I foolishly answered. Someone, who first off, I had trouble understanding, asked a gazillon questions, mostly YES or NO answers, or a Good, Satisfactory, Very Satisfactory, etc., to rate the company and my employment. Naturally assuming (when I heard the word Medquist), that it was ...

Medquist Really That Bad?
Aug 17, 2011

I was rather dismayed to see all the negative comments here about MedQuist. Hasn't *anyone* had a good experience? I was all set to sign on as an FT employee benefited but decided I should check on here.   I have had a big cut in pay due to staff reduction at my current job and have to hurry up and find something else before our wallet starts bleeding too much.   Thanks for any constructive feedback you can offer.   Penny ...

Medquist CCM
Aug 26, 2011

Work for Alltype, just bought out by MQ.  Any other ppl whose company was bought out, did your previous managers come along and stay?  I have a GREAT manager at Alltype and I wonder how likely I will get to keep working with her? ...

New PC Sent To Me From Medquist -- WHY?
Oct 29, 2011

Anyone know why Medquist is sending a new PC without any advanced notification to at least expect it by FedEx? ...

WHERE CAN I GET MORE $ THAN MEDQUIST?
Dec 13, 2011

WAS EARNING OVER 12 CPL AT MEDQUIST, BUT WITH RECENT CUTS, NOW DOWN TO THE MAX OF 10.5 CPL.  CONTEMPLATING LEAVING MQ, BUT WHERE CAN I GET THE SAME RATE AT ANOTHER MTSO, OR EVEN CLOSE TO IT?  HAVE 30+ YEARS EXPERIENCE, ALL IN ACUTE CARE. ...

Medquist W2
Jan 24, 2012

Will we be receiving W2 forms Medquist in the mail? ...

MedQuist
Mar 17, 2015

When I left MM over a year ago, they were increasing the accuracy requirement to 99.7%.  I see now it is back to 99.5.  What happened? ...

Working A Second Job While At Medquist
Oct 13, 2009

Does anybody else work a second transcription job while working for Medquist?  What happens when the job you're applying for wants to contact Medquist for references?  Does Medquist frown on people having a second transcription job?  ...

Sorry, Another Medquist Question
Oct 14, 2009

I have taken the tests, had a phone interview, and the person from the phone interview said my next step was to fill out an application on line. I am confused, as I thought I had filled out an application before I took the test? Can anyone explain the hiring process steps for Medquist? This is all very new to me. I have been at the same office for many, many years and have never tried to work for an on line company before.  Any help/comments would be appreciated! ...

MedQuist And Testing
Nov 18, 2009

Is anyone here familiar with MedQuist's pre-employment testing or their pre-employment process? Does anyone know how much they pay? Thanks!! ...